Start by marking “Kneading You” as Want to Read:
Kneading You

Kneading You

Christopher Hughes is new to the small New England town of Lancaster, New Hampshire. He’s been hired to save an old library from closing, but his obstacles include not only fighting for state funding, but a Selectman who wants to tear the building down in favor of a shopping center.
Christopher meets Miles Sakasai, a charming tattooed repairman hired to help restore the hi
Published July 19th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Kneading You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kneading You

CrabbyPatty
"Kneading You" is a charming little story of love, loaves and library books set in Lancaster, New Hampshire, the location of Poe's Joy and Color of You. Christopher Hughes gets his dream job - well, actually the possibility of a job if he manages to bring about a miracle and restore a library to its former glory, inventory all the books, and institute a barcode system, all in the matter of a weeks.

Helping Christopher is Miles, who is a bit of a renaissance man - shy repairman, championship baker
Ami
3.75 stars rounded up

Christopher Hughes is tasked with sprucing up Lancaster’s old library to avoid the state pulling out the fund. It’s not an easy job, and Christopher only has a month to do so. One of the Board of Selectman’s member inform Christopher that he can ask help from the local’s handyman to do some fixing as well. In come Miles Sakasai, handyman extraordinaire… because, well, he has other talent up his sleeve.

This is adorable – and it involved BOOKS, LIBRARY, A MAN WHO CAN BAKE!!! I
Vicky
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just… wow. So, this morning, I thought I’d look at the dozen or so stories I have on my slate to review to see which one I wanted to read next. I do this by reading the first few paragraphs or first page of a story and rating it in my mind as to whether I want to go on.

And then I opened this one. The premise: what do you get when you mix an award-winning, shy, carpenter/baker with a broke librarian? You get a short story with a HEA ending that satisfies the soul.

And didn’t close it. Okay,
Kirstin
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars

This was a novella done right. It had all of the elements of a flirty, believable romance with two cute MC's and a bit of hope.

Christopher had his heart set on living in a dreamy small town in New Hampshire, but once there, finding work was proving difficult. When he heard about the small library set in a historic old building, needing repair, upkeep and updating, he knew he'd be perfect. But no one mentioned he only had a month to prove the library was as important to the town as he t
Annie
Kneading You is an individual release of a short which previously appeared in an anthology. I’ve come to trust that this author will deliver good characters I’m eager to get to know, and that was certainly true of Christopher and Miles. I only wish I could have spent more time with them. Overall, this short story was very sweet and cute with a low level of angst…the makings of a perfect afternoon read.

I loved the setting of an old small town library in need of some TLC and really liked the way
Kristin
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun and delightful read. Christopher desperately wants to stay in Lancaster, New Hampshire, but job prospects are about non-existent, so he’s ecstatic when he is offered a job as the town librarian. But it comes with a caveat – he has to prove it’s a viable library within a month or the library, and the job, are over.
Enter Miles. A dark haired, tattooed, handy man. A man a few words. But Christopher discovers Miles has a history with the library and a knack for making bread.

Together
Veronica
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.
This is a lovely sweet romance. Christopher and Miles are adorable. I know that probably isn’t the to described grown men but they are. Miles and Christopher fall for each other over in the library and have a fun and cute date scene. I learned that baking can be sexy. It made me want to bake – and I don’t cook.

If you are after a quick pick me up, something to leave you warm and fuzzy, I’d recommend reading Kneeding You.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Serena Yates
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, gay
Small towns have their own kind of charm, and so do antique libraries in need of rescue. Well, at least they do for me, so by the time the baking of bread was mentioned, I was looking forward to reading this story. And what a treat it turned out to be!

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
Erika

Release date: July 19, 2019
Pages:45
Rated: Mature
Genre: Gay Romance

Waiting for the next chapter in C.S. Poe’s ending to her Snow and Winter Series with Book #4 till September 24 has been difficult….I was so excited to see she eecked out an adorable short story in her ‘other world’ her fans are reading in the small village of Lancaster, New Hampshire. We h
C Brooks
Jun 10, 2019
Lily
Jun 16, 2019
C.S. Poe
Jun 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Jessica
Len Evans Jr
Manfred
Jul 08, 2019
C.S. Poe is a Lambda Literary and two-time EPIC award finalist, and a FAPA award-winning author of gay mystery, romance, and paranormal books.
She is a reluctant mover and has called many places home in her lifetime. C.S. has lived in New York City, Key West, and Ibaraki, Japan, to name a few. She misses the cleanliness, convenience, and limited-edition gachapon of Japan, but she was never very goo