Start by marking “How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)” as Want to Read:
How to Run with the Wolves (Howl at the Moon #5)

How to Run with the Wolves

(Howl at the Moon #5)

Zeus loves his job on the new Mad Creek Search & Rescue team, and his inner Saint Bernard is finally being used to his full potential. When he sees a mysterious and wild-looking quickened—a dog shifter—at an earthquake site in Alaska, Zeus is compelled to investigate. Zeus falls hard for the primal beauty of Timo and of Alaska itself. Both call to his deep canine soul. ...more
Expected publication: November 20th 2019 by Eli Easton (first published July 19th 2019)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I can't with how amazing this book is. I did not want it to end. I love this dog-human world Eli Easton has created, and I'm here to say: she can do no wrong.

He wanted to live in a world where everyone did what they wanted ... Where Timo could choose who he loved. He wanted to live in a world where you mated with the person you most wanted to be with. Where that did not mean one of the pair was weak. Where the two stood shoulder to shoulder, looking eye to eye. Where rocks loved water. And co
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

I love the Howl at the Moon series by one of my favorite authors, Eli Easton, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on How to Run with the Wolves. In the end, I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't love this story quite as much as my fellow reviewers.

This series just makes me smile. If you like the infectious love of a dog, then you will connect with this series. How to Run with the Wolves is as adorable as the rest of them, even if it didn't grab me as much as my favorites in the
☆ Todd
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was a nice addition to Easton's "Howl at the Moon" series, and I liked both Zeus and Timo right from the very beginning, especially once we got to the parts where they were spending a lot of time on-page together, in both their 2-legged and 4-legged forms.

As the book began, Matt's Mad Creek Search & Rescue team had been sent to Anchorage, Alaska to assist with rescue efforts after a major natural disaster, which was how Zeus first caught a glimpse of Timo. Right before he quickly disapp
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
PUPDORABLE!

I love this series so much but this one holds a special place in my heart.

Why, you ask?

Zeus!

Zeus is the classic gentle giant which appeals on multiple levels for me but what pulled on my heartstrings was how displaced he feels. He wants more than anything to be useful, but he oftentimes doesn't really get people and their vernacular which feeds into his feelings of being "different".

The underdogs always get to me and Zeus got to me.

But Timo is totes adorbz in his own rite. His mindset
Cadiva
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'm pretty sure Eli Easton is a quickened and she's just giving us a peek into her world because there's no other way that she'd be able to capture the inherent characteristics of individual dog breeds and then convert them into human traits which match perfectly.

Also, I hadn't realised quite how much I'd missed Mad Creek until she said there was a fifth book coming and, believe me, this was so worth it.

Not only do we get a wonderful slow burn romance between husky Timo and Saint Bernard Zeus,
Sheri
I've had a fantastic time with this series but (for me) it's lost a bit of its strength as it's continued. At least as far the bonding and mating aspect.
And for shifter stories, I hold that with high regard.

I LOVED being back in Mad Creek.
I LOVED the time we spend in Alaska.
I LOVED Zeus...every single bit of his ginormous self.
And...
I Liked Timo.
I Liked the merging of the new wild Alaskan pack.
And I Liked watching Jason discover the genetic mutation eradicating the Qimmig.
But...
I really didn
BWT (Belen)
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I cannot recommend the Howl at the Moon series highly enough - Eli Easton keeps the series fresh every time, introducing new characters while also incorporating past fan favorites.

In the fifth installment of the series, it's 2019, Rav Miller's distribution factory is up and running, and the town of Mad Creek is flourishing. which mean tons of new quickened. Zeus, a Saint Bernard and Lance's childhood best friend, is back in town and feeling awkward among the crowd.

When offered a chance to be on
Diana
I have been trying to read this for almost a week, and I am only at 30%. For some strange reason, I am really struggling with this one. I am not sure if it’s me or the story itself. I know the naiveté of the MC Zeus is supposed to be endearing, but it’s driving me crazy. I even tried skimming, and that didn’t work.

This author and series is usually an easy 4/5 star read for me, so I I refuse to dnf this one. I am quietly going to put this on my “go back to later” shelf and tip toe away. Shhhhh!!!
Jewel
4.5 Stars

What a delightful romp in the Alaskan snow this book was! I have missed Mad Creek and it's quirky and playful inhabitants and How to Run with the Wolves is just the thing to help us weather the summer heat.

Eli Easton has said that How to Run with the Wolves was meant to branch off from Mad Creek and I think her transition from Mad Creek to the wilds of Alaska was perfect. Also, Zeus, in his quite gentleness and Timo with his frenetic energy were quite the pair. Timo was just clueless e
Tess
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know I’m in the minority (EDIT: seems many have had similar thoughts) but
1. There was no romance between MCs
2. 1 MC didn’t have any attraction (sexual or romantic) to the other until 75-80%
3. The only sexy times was a single scene at 85%
4. There wasn’t enough angst/issues to overcome
5. Neither MC had much character development (past or present)
Truuss
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Timo and Zeus

Oh my dogs, this story just floored me. I adore packs, dogs, shifters, wolves. This was a stunning story.

Zeus is a high-sensitive man/saint Bernhard. His heart is as big as his appearance. A friendly, easygoing and somewhat withdrawn character. I fell in love at first sight.
Zeus works with the Search and Rescue Team, helping out where needed

Timo is the most magical husky, part of a small isolated and vulnerable pack.
One of their first encounters is under heavy circumstances. Timo te
Ariana
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
*3,5 stars*

I really love Eli Easton and I thoroughly enjoyed this series so far.
But I’m very sorry to say that this book did not click with me.

While Zeus and Timo are likeable characters, to me neither felt like an adult. I could have overlooked that more easily with 24-year-old Timo, but was struggling a bit with 34 year old - and a mountain of a man and dog – Zeus.

Timo has lived in the wild for most of his life, so it’s kind of logical that the ways and lives of people are alien and strange to
Elena
The addition of the Alaskan community of shifters in the series was interesting. I enjoyed the change of scenery and I liked how the author played with the differences in Timo’s and Zeus’s background to come up with a dynamic that wouldn’t have been possible between two quickened-from-birth, if they had been both born and raised in Mad Creek.

That said, something didn’t ring true to me about Zeus.
He was born quickened, raised in Mad Creek, he went away to college, and he’s now working with the
Debra

I enjoyed Zeus and Timo's story, but I found it to be lacking in romance. This was a bit of a different entry in the series, with part of it set at Timos' home camp of a small shifter pack in Alaska before moving the story back to Mad Creek. This made even more sense when I read the author's note at the end saying that there will be a spin-off following the Qimmig pack.

While we've had quickened characters in the past that were new and naive to the human world, Timo comes from an altoget
Lisazj1
I've never met an Eli Easton book I didn't love but this series is something special. *sigh* I loved Zeus and Timo, and I loved what they brought to each other. I love how Mad Creek is always reaching out to others in need, even back when staying isolated was what helped keep them safe.

This was completely sweet and satisfying, and as far as a spin-off for the Quimmiq, I am so here for that! <3
Chris
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, paranormal
I love this series and this book was an adorable addition. Timo & Zeus were both oblivious in regards to mating / bonding until they realized a connection had formed. Both from different worlds they cane to terms with the needs of each other... it was low level heat / passion but high level heart ❤ ...more
Rachel
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore this series, Eli could read another 30 books about Mad Creek and I'd keep reading them. This was a wonderful addition.
Ami
Hmmm... I felt like this actually had a lot of potential problems, because of the two different worlds of Mad Creek and Alaska dog shifters. And I wasn't completely sold that Zeus and Timo were actually able to work those out. It was too much too soon near the end...

But it was FUN to find out about the previous couples :)
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
Generally, I enjoy Eli Easton's books, and others have rated this one highly, but I'm going to have to chalk it up as a complete miss.

I think the kindest way of describing this book is "unsophisticated". There's an inherent danger in writing a book from (essentially) a dog's point of view that it sounds like a child's primary reader. Unfortunately, that's what's happened here. The sentence structure is painfully naïve for page after page after page. Combined with a lack of character development,
R.J.
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when I think I have read the best of the Quickened books, the next one is out and I’m amazed again. This book is my favorite of the series so far and I highly recommend it. Beautiful characterization and scenery, and a gorgeous love story running through every page.
Annika
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I needed this book today. I needed the happy this series brings. There’s something about Mad Creek that’s pure magic. I’m madly in love with this town and the quickened. They are such a wonderful mix of human and dog, the best of both. It’s quirky and fun. This series never fails to put a smile on my face and genuinely make me feel happy. And I really needed some happy today. And these St. Bernard and Husky shifters really brought that to me.

I fell for Zeus immediately. The St Bernard shif
Zuzu
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another great addition to this series.

Can’t wait for the spin off series!
Caipi
Cute story!
I liked the MCs Zeus and Timo and it was great to meet all the dear characters from the previous books again. :)
It's mostly a light, easy to read story, but there were also some tough, sad moments showing the problems the isolation of the Qimmig pack brought.
Positive I found the mention of the melting glaciers and the rising sea level. You can't bring up the climate change too often!!

Joyfully Jay
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

How to Run with the Wolves is the fifth book in Eli Easton’s wonderful Howl at the Moon series. While we meet all of the previous couples here, as well as many of the Mad Creek regulars, this story stands alone pretty well and the background of the quickened is explained in enough detail that I think new readers can follow along. One of the things that most stands out for me in this series is the creative world building. Easton has built such an interesting world of
Serena Yates
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2019, shifters
The world of the “quickened” – dogs who gain the ability to shift into a human form when they share a deep enough bond with their human owners – has grown ever more fascinating over the course of the books in this series. Mad Creek, the town in California where a huge number of them live and thrive, is very close to my heart. I love seeing the world from a former dog’s perspective, and watching them adapt to a human world with all its technology and behavioral specifics is simply fascinating. Th ...more
Elle
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, this series just keeps getting better and better. Timo is such a brilliantly written character and Zeus is adorable. The world-building and history of the newly found pack is both well set out and intriguing. Love how Ms Easton eventually tied the two packs together, it worked so well, the way in which they came to meet and what follows.

No spoilers here. Just know that Ms Easton obviously loves her dogs. As a dog lover and owner myself, of numerous much adored mutts, over the yea
Theresa
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. Cute story. Timo wasn't very likable. - self centered and close minded. Zeus was a solid rock - supportive and very giving. Not much relationship development. Typical Eli Easton low steam sex.
Lelyana
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it

Oh this is interesting.
Not as much as I enjoyed Roman's book, but enjoyable as the previous books before.
But I understand that Zeus has a free spirit and he loves nature, then when he met beautiful Timo, he just knew that Timo was his fate.
How to Run With The Wolves is the (last) book of this series. I think it's about time.
As much as I like this series, I think Eli Easton need to move on to another new series with the different realm.
Nice, adorable book, though.
Grace
Lovely continuation of this series!

This one felt like a much slower build than previous books for some reason, which I didn't mind, as I thought the romance was well paced. Timo and Zeus were really lovely together, and I liked that we really got to branch out of Mad Creek. I loved the dynamic here, and Zeus and Timo's voices were really distinct in a way that felt really organic to the characters. I wish there'd been a bit more smut, but that's just a small personal preference thing. :)

It makes
Kim
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was an easy mark for this book because 1. I love Eli's writing; 2. I love this series; and 3. I love Saint Bernards. I've shared my life with three of the gentle giants and I really wish I had room in my life for one right now. Eli did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the breed in Zeus, as well as the wilder spirit of a sled dog in Timo. The storyline is a good one, reflecting the problems of a struggling population and the issues the heroes faced when torn between homes and loyalties. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Having been, at various times and under different names, a minister’s daughter, a computer programmer, the author of paranormal mysteries, a game designer, an organic farmer, an avid hiker, and a profound sleeper, Eli is happily embarking on yet another incarnation as a m/m romance author.

As an addicted reader of such, she is tinkled pink when an author manages to combine literary merit, vast sto

Howl at the Moon (5 books)
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
  • How to Walk like a Man (Howl at the Moon #2)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)