Start by marking “MISSING: A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.” as Want to Read:
MISSING: A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.

MISSING: A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.

A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.

“Trust me it is better to accept a lie than invent the truth.”

Family history defines your identity but forgotten secrets may obscure the truth.
Do you know who you are?

A mystery of family bonds, love, lies, deception, and jealousy.

The authorities place three-year-old Laura with a foster family. No one tells
Published June 1st 2019 by Alibrasphere

To ask other readers questions about MISSING, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MISSING

Start your review of MISSING: A subtle, psychological revelation of a family's secrets.
Laurie Bell
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is a terrific creep factor in the writing with this novel.

James McEwan paints a compelling picture of small town life, of families closing ranks against an outsider, of secrets and lies and murder.

Laura return’s to the place of her birth to learn the truth about why she was fostered away. Why would her parents give her up? Through a series of detailed investigations involving genealogy searches, photos, old news papers and a trunk hidden in an attic, Laura starts to unravel the truth and
Kat Gracey
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laura is trying to trace her birth parents after they gave her up. What seems like a simple story, soon blows up. What secrets were they hiding? A decent thriller that kept me turning the page. Highly recommended.
Emily | Literary Edits
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, read-2-stars
I regret to say that I couldn't finish reading this book. I've been persevering with it for quite some time, but I've finally had to give up.

It's a shame, because this really isn't a bad book. It's well written (despite a number of grammatical errors) and the characters are fairly compelling. The problem is that it is SUCH a slow burner. Having read 70% of this book, I still feel as though I am waiting for the plot to get going. Throughout the narrative, the protagonist reflects on a series of
S.K. Gregory
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Laura goes in search of the parents who gave her up as a baby. As she travels to the place where she was born, she starts to unravel the mystery. I thought this was an interesting book and I wanted to know what happened and what secrets were being hidden. I would recommend this book.
Karen Reid
rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2020
Janet  Izzo
Feb 17, 2020
James McEwan
Jun 23, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Iain M Rodgers
marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2019

• Dead Center (The Rookie Club #1)
  • Peek A Boo, I See You (Emma Frost #5)
  • The Other Daughter
  • One Clean Shot (The Rookie Club #2)
  • Dark Passage (The Rookie Club #3)
  • Expire (Dr. Schwartzman #4)
  • Expose (Dr. Schwartzman, #3)
  • Excise (Dr. Schwartzman, #2)
  • State Of Denial (The State Trilogy Book 2)
  • The Lost Witch
  • A Justified State
  • Asylum Road (Jake Caldwell #4)
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • Everything to Lose (The Rookie Club #5)
  • Battlelines: The Dark Fae Chronicles Book 2
  • Bloodlines: The Dark Fae Chronicles
  • The Near Witch (The Near Witch, #1)
  • Flirting with Death (The Hunted, #2.5)

James McEwan is a writer of short stories and blogs flash fiction. After a career in engineering he completed a degree; BA (Hon) Humanities with Creative Writing combined with German Language and Culture.
Missing is his first novel.
Other work included The Listener–A collection of short stories.
The Case of the Mahjong Dragon, an original variation on the Sherlock Holmes canon and the stories were