Start by marking “Meant to Be (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Meant to Be (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #2)

Meant to Be

(Four Irish Brothers Winery #2)

Can a near-tragedy help two best friends realize they’re meant to be so much more?

Best friends since grade school, high-powered Chicago attorney, Sean Flaherty, and small-town mayor Megan Mackenzie have always shared a special bond. When Sean is shot by a client’s angry ex, Megan rushes to his side, terrified she’s about to lose her long-time confidant.

Upon his return to R
Published July 18th 2019 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Meant to Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meant to Be

Start your review of Meant to Be (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #2)
SA Krishnan
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting love story
Sean and Megan’s love story was beautiful. Despite being friends all their life, Sean had taken some time as he realized that his feelings for Megan run deep. Then a tragedy strikes and Megan rushes to help Sean.
The progression of the romance was well portrayed and it was a feel good love story, as I wanted both the MCs to be together and happy. Enjoyed it.
Deborah Blake
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Nan Reinhardt's books, and the Four Irish Brothers Winery series in particular. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Meant to Be, because I've read lots of "friends to lovers" looks that just didn't work. Thank goodness, this book is the exception to the rule! I connected instantly to the two main characters, Megan and Sean, and I love all the secondary characters, especially Sean's brothers. The family dynamics are great and the winery setting is just a bonus. (I kind of want to move there.) ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
This author had all the elements I love in a romance. This one is of two best friends since fifth grade. Sean Flaherty thirty-eight and is a lawyer in Chicago. He is part owner along with his three brothers Connor, Brenden, and Aidan. The three took ownership of their father’s winery when he passed. Four Irish Brothers Winery is now theirs.
Everyone in River’s Edge is in wedding count down but none more than the bride Samantha who will be marrying Connor. They met through his oldest brother Sea
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★✬☆☆ (2.5/5 Stars)
Title: Meant To Be
Content Rating: PG-13
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Subtle
Favorite Quote(s):
― “It was supposed to be you—every time, every date. It should have been you."
Overall Opinion:
With this being the first book of the "The Four Irish Brothers Winery" series I have read, I have to say it wa
Shari
I thoroughly enjoyed this book of friends to lovers. Sean and Megan have been best friends since childhood and took it for granted until tragedy strikes and Sean returns home to River's Edge. Sean soon discovers his feelings go further than friendship and now to win over his best friend, Megan.

Loved these characters, I always believe a good relationship starts with a friendship. This story brought me in from the beginning. This is the second book in the series but can be read as a stand alone. L
Toni
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wine, books, and great storytelling, Meant to Be has them all. Reinhardt combines them perfectly with a deft hand. I recommend this with a fun summer rose, and lots of time to savor.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this novel.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Sometimes it takes an unexpected, perhaps life-changing event to really see what has been right in front of a person for years. No magic, simply when your life really does flash before your eyes the truth is all too easy to see – when it might be too late. Best friends, Sean and Megan are facing that experience after Sean was shot and returns home to River’s Edge to heal, and perhaps to rethink his priorities in life. He loves the law, yet lately, it’s not all that h
Badass Lioness
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of this series that I have read. At first I was not sold on Sean. He was shot while helping a client. Then there was Vinnie, known to be a player by Sean, but Meg did not mind... at first. Of course, when another attractive female comes into the mix, there goes Vin. As Sean recovered, I began to like him more. His dream of partnership at his law firm had come true, but the satisfaction of the achievement was not. He was also living far from his family, until the shooting b ...more
Dísir
Scepticism is generally what I battle with the friends-to-lovers thing and ‘Meant to be’ was another cautious attempt at trying to see if this is a trope that will sit well this time around.

Not quite so, unfortunately.

Sean and Megan are lifelong best friends, separated by distance until an accident brings him home, though it suddenly seems as if Sean is now looking at the small town’s mayor with fresh eyes while the latter thinks that she’d aways unconsciously compared all her dates to him. It
Paula
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meant to Be is Nan Reinhardt’s second book in the Four Irish Bro Winery Series. I liked this book as much as I liked the first. She gives the reader extremely likable characters. Also friends-to-lovers trope is one of my favorite. I think since these two had known each other for so long they took their feelings for granted as merely friendship until disaster strikes. It is a hard wake-up call when those you love might not always be around. No doubt causing you to re-evaluate your life.

Sean and M
LJT
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for a friends to lovers romance, then Meant to Be by Nan Reinhart is the book for you. The plot is set in the small town of River's Edge, Indiana, where everyone knows and respects one another. The characters are easy to get to know and identify with. This story is replete with discovery, longing and love.

Local mayor Megan Mackenzie, and Chicago attorney Sean Flaherty, have been the best of friends since childhood. Both have successful careers and believe family is of the
Janine
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took years and a tragedy for them to realize what everyone else had been seeing all along. They were made for each other.

Megan and Sean had been best friends since they were kids. Their friendship remained as adults even though they live miles apart. Sean became a lawyer and moved to Chicago and Megan was the mayor of their home town. After Sean gets shot outside the courthouse trying to protect his client, he returned to River's Edge to recover with his family and do a little work at the fam
Rebecca
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It amazes me that some authors can conceive of a series and execute it so well. The first book in the Four Irish Brothers Winery series was A Small Town Christmas. We were introduced to a charming town of Rivers Edge with equally charming characters and a delightful love story between one of the brothers, Conor Flaherty and new-to-town, hot-shot attorney Samantha Hayes.

In this second book of the series, the same characters appear, but now we have another brother, Sean Flaherty, a high-powered Ch
Elizabeth
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: one-time-read
This was a fun friends-to-lovers story. The characters were likeable and the story flowed well, but it was the sense of community that made the story work for me.

I found the hero, Sean, very believable and his “deciding what’s important to me after a brush with death” journey rang very true. The heroine, Megan, was a bit of a miss for me though. At times she felt like more of an angsty hormone-driven teenager than a city mayor in her mid-thirties.

This is the first book I’ve read in this series
Valri Western
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading book 1 of this series (about Conor and Sam), I was looking forward to Sean and Megan's story. Although I loved book 1 the most, this book was very enjoyable also! I very much enjoyed going back to River's Edge and reacquainting myself with the characters there! It was especially fun to catch up with Conor and Sam and Ali (Conor's daughter)....their wedding was a highlight for me!

When Sean gets shot on the courthouse steps by a client's ex, he needs to come home to rest and recupera
Danielle Doelle
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a day! Its definitely hard to pull off childhood friends into lovers but I think this one hits the mark. It took me a bit to be hooked by Sean the hero. I liked the fact that he was strong enough to support the heroine but admitted right away when he did something to undermine her. No weak masculinity that can't handle being wrong here! However, when he finally put a pin on what his feelings were and meant, the way he FOCUSED sucked me in for that HEA.

This was a beautifully b
Laura D
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sean and Meghan have been best friends since grade school. She is the mayor of their hometown of River's Edge and he is a high power Chicago attorney. When he is shot by a client's spouse she rushes to his side. When he wakes up the first person he sees is Meghan curled up asleep on the chair next to his bed. When he starts to have a strange feeling of attraction to buddy he writes it off to the stress of being shot. When she feels the zing of attraction she assumes it is because she was so afra ...more
Tara
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was a page turner for me. It has been a long time since I have read a book in 24 hours. To say this book was an easy read is simply meant to say I didn’t want to stop reading it and I enjoyed the characters and their town so much I want to move there!
Great characters with some backstory explanations to bring you up to speed on things that happened in the first book of the series, which I hadn’t read. I never felt lost or confused.
I look forward to going back and reading the first one
Samantha
Meant to be is a friends to lovers romance between high powered Chicago attorney Sean and Rivers Edge mayor Megan. They have been friends since they were five years old. Now Sean’s brother is getting married again, Megan’s failing miserably at dating, and a shooting has put Sean in the hospital.

When he has to return home to recover he will be faced with all the things that are missing. It’s an sweet romance about two friends reconnecting and well realizing there is more between them than they t
Paula Pugh
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meant to Be is the perfect title for this novel in the Four Irish Brothers Winery series. It is all about Sean and Megan-friends since grade schools that discover (uncomfortably) that they have deeper than friend feelings for each other. But, there is the worry of ruining a great and wonderful friendship that puts a hold on each for their dreams of being together.
Hanna
Aug 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

This book has one of the most romantic males I have read about in a long time. Well written and well plotted, what kept me from giving it 5 stars is purely personal: I have a strong preference for ordinary characters, not the Parisian fashion figure, best young partner in a big-city,high-power firm, and TV star peopling this book. But if you love glamor you will love this.
Karen Roma
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book in "The Four Irish Brothers Winery" series for me, as I have somehow missed book one. That said, this was an enjoyable read about long-time friends who cross that fragile line between companionship and lovers (no, there are no steamy parts). Basically, it was a sweet story, as the heat level is only PG rated, and the characters are fun and likeable. My only criticism was the ending felt slightly rushed, as all of a sudden it was just done, but overall a good read.
K-BRC
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book won me over. I loved these characters and am now a devoted fan of the author.
Megan Reads Books
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really sweet love story. I missed the first book in the series but I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the series. Thank you Netgalley for the ARC.
Danielle
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars
I found the book slow up until halfway through. It dragged. I also didn't know there was other books in this series. I will have to check them out.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
i have not read book 1 ... jumping in here at book 2, likable characters, love the sense of community in this read. i enjoy the way Nan writing and will read more soon, very soon both from other of her books but also from this series too. HEA ending. friends to lovers romance
Liz Flaherty
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indiana-writers
I loved this book! After reading the first in the series, I just knew I'd already read about my favorite Flaherty brother, but I like Sean's story every bit as well as I did Conor's. Nan Reinhardt captures so well the feel of the Southern Indiana Wine Trail. Megan is a strong and likable heroine. Seeing the protagonists' discovery (and horror) that their best-buddyship has a whole new thing going on is both funny and touching. I am excited about the next Flaherty Brothers book, but first I want ...more
Jacki
Friends to lovers
Part of a series: Four Irish Brothers Winery
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Donnajo
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book for a honest opinion.

Meant to Be by Nan Reinhardt.
Book two in the Four Irish Brothers Winery series.
A possible best friends to lovers storyline. Will it or won't it happen?
Great character development and dialogue.
I look forward to what the next book in the series brings to us.
Marjorie M. Lotz
Meant to Be

What other words can best describe this book than marvelous, fun, and a joy to read! Keep the Four Irish Brothers Winery series coming!

• True Blue Cowboy (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Choosing Happily Ever After
  • Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil's Rock at Whiskey River #1)
  • Challenging the Cowboy (The Men of Marvell Ranch #3)
  • The Bull Rider's Return (The Starr Brothers of Montana, #3)
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • The Summer I Loved You (A Love for All Seasons, #1)
  • Hot Mess (Hot Aussie Knights, #1)
  • Hometown Girl (Into the Storm, #6)
  • Love Everlasting
  • Elsa's Stand (Outback Brides Book 3)
  • Fiona's Flame (Cypress Hollow Yarn, #5)
  • Choose Me (All I Want, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Paths to Love, #3)
  • Convincing Cara (Wishing Well, Texas, #2)
  • Waiting on Jason (Love in Santa Lena, #3)
  • Tall, Dark, and Irresistible (Tall, Dark and Sexy, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (Miracle on Chance Avenue, #3)
Nan Reinhardt is a writer of romantic fiction for women in their prime. Yeah, women still fall in love and have sex, even after 45! Imagine! She is also a wife, a mom, a mother-in-law, and a grandmother. She’s been an antiques dealer, a bank teller, a stay-at-home mom, a secretary, and for the last 17 years, she’s earned her living as a freelance copyeditor and proofreader.

But writing is Nan’s fir

Four Irish Brothers Winery (4 books)
  • A Small Town Christmas (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #1)
  • Christmas with You (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #3)
  • The Baby Contract (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #4)