Start by marking “A Proclivity To Prurience: Obsession Comes With A Price (The Obsession Trilogy)” as Want to Read:
A Proclivity To Prurience: Obsession Comes With A Price (The Obsession Trilogy)

A Proclivity To Prurience: Obsession Comes With A Price (The Obsession Trilogy)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  17 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Joe's controversial approach to life is fuelled by his fixation on Abbie, and a beautiful wedding offers the perfect opportunity for him to seduce her - everyone loves a wedding, don't they? The only hurdle is Eddie - Abbie's son and Joe's best friend - but inebriated and forcing an end to the evening, he inadvertently assists Joe's quest and a suitably indulgent night bec ...more
Published May 24th 2019 by Little Bee Publishing (first published June 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Proclivity To Prurience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Proclivity To Prurience

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Proclivity To Prurience: Obsession Comes With A Price (The Obsession Trilogy)
Gabriel Blake
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I don't know much about erotica novels having never delved into this particular genre, but this has opened my eyes. I remember being nervous enough about using the word mound in my story.
I won a copy of this book from the author in a competition on Twitter.
In no way is this a story just about sex. Yes, it is rather saucy at times but it's about so much more.
There were a couple of characters, especially Joe, I wasn't sure I liked, but when you find out more about their past, you start
The Reads
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Happy Saturday! And happy new review day and boy do I have a corker for you!  Today I have the pleasure of bringing you my review for A Proclivity to Prurience by Cheryl Baker.  Thanks to Emma @ damppebbles for my spot on the blog tour and my copy of the book.  All my thoughts are unbiased and all my own.  This book is a bubbling cauldron of pent up lust.  It’s an eye opener for sure.  This book made me realised I’m not getting enough action but then I’m glad that I’m not getting myself into the ...more
Rachael Stray
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is not for the faint-hearted that's for sure!

It's certainly not your average erotic novel.

Cheryl Butler really pushes lots of boundaries throughout the book, but the language is intelligent and the story fascinating.

I especially liked the intricate history of the lead characters and the way Cheryl challenges stereotypes.

There were a few things I wasn't expecting and I felt a range of emotions reading the story from start to finish.
Lost in a Book Review
I was kindly sent this book by the author in return of an honest review.

When Cheryl first approached me to review her book I was extremely nervous because I have never read an erotic novel before.  It took me a little while to pluck up the courage to read it and I'm really pleased that I did, because it's nothing like what I imagined it to be.

It's written really well and the characters are so believable that you get hooked from the first page. There are some controversial
Donna Siggers
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully crafted with intelligent use of both language and structure. The dark undertones of the story-line push boundaries on almost every page and I have to take my hat off to the author for having written and published her work. Coming from a psychology background, I'm not convinced that erotica is the correct genre for this novel, despite the sexual content. Instead, I believe the author is portraying several messages within the pages of her book that can be directly linked to abusive rel ...more
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Ahem, excuse me a minute but this book definitely one that will leave a little bit hot and bothered, because there is a LOT of sex in it and you will do well to heed the 18+ warning, so if you are younger DO NOT READ THE BOOK! Okay, so I know that has made you want to read the book and now I am just jabbering because I am a bit flustered all over again!

I was not sure what to expect when I picked up A Proclivity to Prurience, I was and still enticed by the cover I mean it is quite str
Rob Osborne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not just a raunchy tale. This has a good storyline to go with it. The characters invoke feelings, I personally disliked Joe because of his actions but in the same breath you can partly understand why he has turned it that way. I would definitely recommend this book and I will purchase the sequel.
Steph Lawrence
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely hot under the collar after this one!
Explicit - strictly 18+
A very real-feeling book with some controversial topics which really hooked me in.
Strong characters, making you have strong feelings for them……both like and dislike. I was touched by how much emotion I felt. Social and family issues which I just can’t imagine.
I like an erotic novel and this certainly didn’t disappoint in that department.
Very well written with some words I had to look up, including
Sharon
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read erotica in the past, and though this does include a lot of lust and passion, it also includes a love between two broken people who have had horrific pasts. Their relationship may seem taboo to some, but not to Abbie and Joe. They both were forced to grow up quickly under devastating circumstances and their love for Eddie, Abbie's son and Joe's best friend, is all they had, until....

At first it was hard to wrap my head around this story, but when I read Abbie's and Joe's h
Ruth Brooks
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not your average erotic novel, pushes lots of boundaries, but the language is intelligent and the story fascinating. I especially liked the intricate history of the lead characters, challenging stereotypes. Will leave you wide-eyed in places, with Joe’s journey into dissolution. Wonderfully dark, you are left wanting more - much like Joe’s lovers! Book 2 please!
Feed The Crime
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

I’m a little nervous writing a review for this book as it seriously pushed me out of my comfort zone! The explicit warning should have given me an idea of just how hot under the collar this book would make me feel. This isn’t for the faint-hearted as there is a lot of sex with some pretty dark themes. There were times when I felt like the plot was lost within all the sex scenes, however this is just a small criticism.
This book seriously pushes the boundaries of lust and obsession, there we
Judy Hayward
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book as it was recommended to me by a couple of people but I wasn't sure what to expect. From the first page I was pulled in by the characters and keen to see how they progressed. There were some unexpected twists and touches of emotion that I really didn't anticipate and whether you like the characters or not you will definitely want to find out what they get up to next. I thoroughly recommend and look forward to the next book.
Claire Carr
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pushes boundaries

This book has absolutely everything you could possibly want and will have you begging for more when it ends. Fantastic.
Charlie Whitsey
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-blog
(Spoilers)

Re-published in May 2019 by Little Bee Publishing, A Proclivity To Prurience is a dark and, potentially, uncomfortable read for first-time erotic readers like myself. However, with explicit lust and well-written characters, I can imagine it to be quite the hit for those in love with the genre.

Being the first of three in the Obsession Trilogy, Butler shows that all actions have consequences, whether done purposefully or not. She delves far beyond Joe’s obsession
mrs sarah page
rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2017
Anne Carty
rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2019
Apr 29, 2018
LAURA JONES
Jul 05, 2018
Cheryl Butler
Jul 20, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mark Ridgely
Nov 05, 2019
Cheryl Butler
Sep 11, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LC Coole
Sep 16, 2019
sarah
Nov 10, 2019

• The Gilded King (Sovereign, #1)
  • The Death and Life of Penny Pitstop
  • Shadows (Sapphire Smyth & The Shadow Five, #1)
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Justice Gone
  • The Gingerbread Houses: A Charlie Bars Thriller (The Charlie Bars Thriller Series Book 3)
  • A Different Time
  • The Demons Beneath (D.I. Graves, #1)
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • The Damned (The Darkest Hand Trilogy #1)
  • So Lucky
  • The Secrets He Kept: A suspenseful, gripping psychological thriller with a nail-biting ending
  • Bad Seed
  • Hearthstone Cottage
  • Ghoster
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • Slash
Cheryl's first novel was a simple exercise to rid her mind of niggling story-line. When her husband suggested she write a book to put it to rest, she assumed it would take around 5 chapters, but a year and 2 books later, the plan failed and A Proclivity To Prurience was born.