Start by marking “Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)

Chasing Midnight

(Once Upon a Curse #3)

This faerie godmother has an agenda of her own… Don't miss CHASING MIDNIGHT, a fantasy romance from bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis that reimagines the classic fairy tale of Cinderella.

“I could redeem myself if I wanted to. I could help them. But I won’t. I’m the villain of their story, because it’s the only way to be the hero of mine.”

Hundreds of years ago, humans learned t/>“I
Kindle Edition
Published August 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Midnight, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Davis Thanks so much for asking! I'm so sorry the wait for this book has been so long, yikes! I got completely sidetracked by some other projects, but the…moreThanks so much for asking! I'm so sorry the wait for this book has been so long, yikes! I got completely sidetracked by some other projects, but the other day, these characters came creeping back into my mind and haven't let go! My plan is to starting working on Chasing Midnight in the fall, and to release it sometime during the Spring of 2019! I know that still a bit of a wait away, but hopefully it'll be worth it! (less)
Kaitlyn Davis I love this question and I agree, it's time!! I'm so sorry the wait has been so freaking long! A few other projects took control of my brain, and I…moreI love this question and I agree, it's time!! I'm so sorry the wait has been so freaking long! A few other projects took control of my brain, and I very much need to follow my passions when I write. However, the other day, the perfect opening line for this book slipped into my mind and ever since, the characters haven't let go :) I'm hoping to start working on this book in the fall of 2018 once I close out a few other projects I'm in the middle of writing, and the goal will be to publish in the spring of 2019!

Still a bit of a wait, I know...SORRY! In case this helps, here's the opening line I'm working with at the moment:

"Apparently, I slept through the apocalypse." (less)

Hadya
Jun 11, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
update 5/26/18
will this even come out at some point in my life

~~~~~~~~~~
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhggggg when will this book come out
Kaitlyn Davis
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
7/29/19 Update!

In case you missed it, I announced a pre-order giveaway campaign on my blog! Anyone who lives in the US who pre-orders a copy is eligible to receive these three exclusive Once Upon a Curse bookmarks! Check out the official announcement for all the details: https://www.kaitlyndavisbooks.com/2019/07/chasing-midnight-pre-order-giveaway.html

Here's a preview of the bookmarks!

CM Bookmarks

I also posted a few more teasers! The first chapter reveal will be coming up next Tuesday, so stay tuned :)

7/29/19 Update!

Here's a preview of the bookmarks!

CM Bookmarks

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

~~~

6/4/19 Update!

Chasing Midnight Cover Reveal

The cover reveal was today! I hope you love it :) Chasing Midnight is also now available to pre-order!! It's all happening! Here are some links:

Amazon | iBooks | Google Play | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords

~~~

To everyone who has been waiting so long for this book, THANK YOU!!! The time for an update reel is finally here :) Woohoo! Chasing Midnight will be going on sale in August 2019, and I will have pre-order links available in the next few weeks.

The cover reveal will be in early June, so for now, here's a quick teaser to hopefully get you all excited!!

Chasing Midnight Teaser

I can't wait to share more!! Stay tuned :)
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
I was kind of hoping this would be out by now but obviously, that hasn't happened.

I'm going to go cry in my corner, brb.

Update 5/12/19: Hi I just checked my email and omg is that a cover reveal host sign up for Chasing Midnight???

AYE, SIGN ME UP PLS.

THE REVIEW
The author/publisher provided a free copy of the book for review purposes - thank you! Receiving a review copy does not guarantee a positive review and therefore do not affect the opinion or content of the review.

Going into/>/>THE/>Update
Paula  Phillips
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to admit at first I was very excited to read this book as I had read the previous two in the series a while back and loved them. Gathering Frost in February 2015 and Withering Rose in May 2016. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it has been at least 3.5 years since I read the last book and my reading tastes have changed but I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped I would as the last couple of years I have focused my reading on more contemporary NA romances rather than fantasy novel ...more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A great addition to the series! I loved hearing about the fairies and what happened with the worlds. I enjoyed the characters and the twisted fairy tale retelling through curses, magic and love.
Colleen's Conclusions
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A review will be on my blog August 26th as part of a blog tour.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Many, many, many years humans found out about magic and wanted it for themselves. Humans wanted magic so bad that they were willing to do anything to have it and do anything they did. Humans finally got their hands on magic by stealing it but it came at a price it came with a curse attached to it.

When humans stole magic for themselves it took away magic from all magical creatures killing them. One of the survivors was a faerie Nymia who was brought back to life when her magic was restored to he
Debbie Eyre
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Cinderella but told with a twist! Absolutely loved this, its well written with a totally different slant on the fairytale we all know and love and well I just couldn’t put it down! Fab characters, a little action , magic, faeries, all told in a modern world, a great retelling!
Lene Blackthorn
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you think this is a new Cinderella.. think twice. In a twisted way, for sure, you can see the fairytale retelling in the book.
But this is not the story of the poor orphaned girl (or not the main one, at least).
This is the story of the fairy godmother.
With villainous intentions. On a killing spree.
Nymia lost everything she believed in, everyone she loved, and saw the disaster of humans stealing magic with her immortal eyes. That was enough to send her on a quest to free the magic
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
“I'm the villain of their story.
Because it's the only way to be the hero of mine.”

CHASING MIDNIGHT

Happy Release Week to CHASING MIDNIGHT by Kaitlyn Davis! I feel like I've been waiting forever to read this book, and now it's finally in my hands. Do you ever get that bittersweet feeling where you finally have something and you're so excited, but then you realize it means you're one step closer to the end? Yeah, it's like that. The next book, PARTING WORLDS, comes out this November,
Billie
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I could redeem myself if I wanted to. I could help them. But I won't. I'm the villain of their story, because it's the only way to be the hero of mine."
Hundreds of years ago, humans learned the secret to sealing magic beneath their skin and stole it from the world. Faeries reverted back to flowers. Shifters remained trapped in their animal forms. Mermaids turned to foam. And the magical creatures who survived vowed revenge.
Nymia is one of those survivors, a faerie brought back to li
Charlene
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chasing Midnight, book three in the Once Upon a Curse series is a re-imagined version of the classic Cinderella.
This is the story of the fairy godmother more then the story of Cinderella. Nymia was a faerie, brought back to life by magic when the earthquake hit, who now seeks revenge for the people who have stolen magic from her world, including her sister Aerewyn’s magic. Ella is a human girl, and Omorose’s sister from book two, with Nymia’s sister’s magic trapped beneath her skin, and Ny
Rebecca
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
I freely admit I'm a sucker for retellings. This doesn't mean I like every retelling I read, but I've loved reading this series! The world is so interesting, and you can't help but fall in love with the characters. Can't wait to read the next one!
NanaShauna Joesten
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic read. Of a fairytale. Shes in a fight to get her sister back and runs into other obstacles as well. This is a fast paced action packed read that will have you on the edge of your seat, with this page turner. I definitely recommend this read.
Shauna Joesten
Elizabeth
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A retelling of Cinderella that skews things quite a bit. The story isn't really about Cinderella as much as it is about what she symbolizes to the main character.
Olivia Wolfertz
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Adventure, magic, mystery, sisterly bond and romance--all you need sometimes. Like the other books before, this book had me completely glued to my kindle! But what I loved about this one in particular was the different types of love that were featured, between sisters and especially between Nymia and Ella. I love seeing how all the characters have become connected and continue to help one another break their curses. All I can say now is that I can't wait to hear more about Aerewyn's story and ge ...more
Lorena
Veronica Lopez
Feb 04, 2017
Haley
Jan 22, 2017

• This Scot of Mine (The Rogue Files, #4)
  • One Fine Duke (School for Dukes, #3)
  • The Wayward Bride (Besotted Scots, #1)
  • Your Lion Eyes (Alphaville, #2)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Battle Born (Elementals, #3)
  • No Other Duke But You (Playful Brides, #11)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • The Jaguar King (Weathermages of Mystral, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Daring and the Duke (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #3)
  • Untitled (Gates of Thread and Stone, #3)
  • It's Getting Scot in Here (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #1)
  • Cardinal Sins  (Born to Darkness, #4)
  • The Kitchen Maid (The Four Kingdoms #1.5)
  • Covet (Enchanted #2)
  • Untitled Catalina Book (Hidden Legacy #6)
  • Sneak Thievery (The Fade, #2)
Kaitlyn Davis, a bestselling author with over a quarter of a million books sold, writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her

Once Upon a Curse (4 books)
  • Gathering Frost (Once Upon a Curse, #1)
  • Withering Rose (Once Upon a Curse, #2)
  • Parting Worlds (Once Upon a Curse, #4)