Start by marking “Tragic Magic (Wards and Wands #3)” as Want to Read:
Tragic Magic (Wards and Wands #3)

Tragic Magic

(Wards and Wands #3)

Melanie Syed has seen a lot of things over the years from ancient witch possessions to man-stealing curses and wild magic coming alive, but she’s never actually gone head to head with her own path until it—or rather he calls her for her services as an attorney.

Elliot Boothe is the last scion of the Cursed family. His ancestors have all gone blind and mad, one by one, and
Published June 10th 2019 by Rebecca Royce

To ask other readers questions about Tragic Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tragic Magic

Jennifer G
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Melanie Syed, once successful in corporate law is now struggling it make it on her own. Her firm's survival may hinge on the success of her two current cases. In the first, she is representing an unfortunate young witch with her unusual divorce. In the other, she has been asked to get the estate of her lifelong crush in order. Elliot Boothe is the last of the Cursed Family as he never married being determined to end the curse. His ancestors have all gone blind, lost their magic, and gone mad. Al ...more
Hsu Lee
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book !
Melanie is trying to save her career
Elliot is resigned to his family curse.
Is their love strong enough to end the curse ?
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I can't wait for the next book in this series.
Kari
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing ending to a awesome story. This book literally a has everything you’d want. I absolutely loved the entire series and this was the amazeballs cherry in the top. If you haven’t started reading this series get on it y’all!
 Diana Davis
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tragic Magic: A Paranormal Romance (Wards and Wands Book 3) Kindle Edition
by Rebecca Royce  (Author)
I received an ARC and am leaving a fair and honest review.

I'm sad to say, this is the end of the Wards and Wands series. Ms. Royce's Witching world is a wonderful place to visit and this will have been my fourth time.

I enjoy the way that everything is delightfully interconnected but not so much that a new reader couldn't pick up anyone of the 3 (there is a novella written with Ripley Proserpina)
Keryn
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This entire series has been heartwarming and magical from the start. This final book was no different. Melanie is a witch that practices law. She was shocked to get a request to meet someone from her past. Her parents worked for Elliott's folks while she grew up. The family was known as Cursed as a curse passed from father to son of every generation ending in an early death. She'd also had a doozy of a crush on him from the age of five. As happy as she'd be to see him again, she couldn't help wo ...more
Jammie Bebout
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This last book in the Wards and Wands series was honestly such a fitting way to end this incredible series. Although this book definitely focuses on the relationship between Melanie and Elliot, all your old favorites from the previous books also feature prominently. This one will certainly pull at the old heartstrings, and you’ll relish every minute of it. This story is sweet, sexy, heartfelt, and agonizingly beautiful. If you’re a fan of this series, or of Rebecca Royce’s work—even if you’re ju ...more
Remsony
Tragic Magic: A Paranormal Romance (Wards and Wands Book 3) by Rebecca Royce
*I received an ARC of this novella from the author in exchange for honest review*
5 Stars!
I finished this in one sitting and I have no doubt that I will read it again 😊
The heroine is strong, confident and has her own life, outside of the romance.
The story returns to where she grew up- a mansion where her parents worked as servants to a well-off family.
She grew up surrounded by the most expensive luxuries and it gives her
Alexandra
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and tragic

It is a nice change to read about mature characters who say what they mean and there isnt that guessing game of is he/she interested or not. Melanie is a lawyer who has been striving to find what makes her happy and out if nowhere Elliot wants a meeting with her. They've known each other for a long time and Melanie has had a crush on Elliot since she was a child. Elliot wants to put his affairs in order before he loses his mind due to the curse that has haunted his family for dec
Linda Levine
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie and Elliott come back into each other's lives at a very difficult point. His family curse is taking his life and she has a dangerous enemy. It doesn't stop love.

I have read all the books in the series and recommend them. Each of them has featured characters that have seen the ugly side of magic.

Melanie has tried to focus on work and not her love life. Elliott has always known the curse would get him and avoided serious relationships. They really don't expect love to happen for them. The
Mona Livsey
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all! A kick ass Independent Attorney, who is not only gorgeous but way too intelligent. An incredibly handsome but tragic leading man, awesome wonderful friends who stand by you no matter how crazy things get, and a love story that will hit you right in your soul!!
Melanie and Elliot’s story has a past, a present and hopefully a future. But what happens when you find yourself in front of your youthful crush and he is expected to die anytime soon? That is part of this incredible s
Pam Louis
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Melanie is a lawyer for witches who gets an invite to come to Elliot Booth home to get his Affairs in order before he dies. His family is super rich but they have a curse that no one seems to be able to break. It's shortens thier lived and the death is not nice. Elliot is only mid 30s much to young for this to be hitting him this hard. Melanie's family has always worked for the Booth family so she knew Elliott then she was young and had a crush on him back then.
Lots of action in this story beca
Flaflinko
Amazing conclusion!

I FLOVED this story. Melanie reconnects with Elliot when he needs her help to get his affairs in order for his impending death. Elliot's family has been cursed for ages, taking the health, sanity and eventually the life of the men. The development of the relationship between Melanie and Elliot is beautiful and Melanie is determined to help Elliot, calling in help from her friends. Lawson, Ava, Kim, Stefan, Mitchell and the others make their appearance. It was nice to see how a
CarolKat
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this stunning conclusion to the Wards and Wands series, we meet Elliot who is cursed to die young. A curse that no one has ever been able to break.

He requests a visit from Melanie as he's getting his affairs in order.

Melanie is a fighter and she isn't going to let Elliot give up. She starts by asking all her enforcer friends for assistance.

She also ends up hiding there as a problem arises with the divorce case she is working on.

I laughed, I cried and held my breath more than once as I read. T
Valerie
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was one powerful book that won't let go until you have read it all. But then you have the let down that it is finished.
Melanie was lonely. She wouldn't admit it but watching her friends pair up was hard. Then Elliot Booth contacted her needing help. He was her crush from childhood and that feeling never left her.
Elliot needed Melanie to help him close out his life before the curse takes completely over. Then Melanie had a hit put on her and Elliot offered his house as safe haven. Thi
Kim
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tragic Magic was a wonderful read that I did not want to put down. Once the story started, it just sucked me in and kept flowing. From Melanie’s childhood to the person she is today and Elliott making decisions that were in opposite of his family, they all fell into creating a great mystery. I really enjoyed the depth of both of these characters, the inclusion of their friends & family to round out the story, and the overall flow of the magic and history.

This is part of a series but can be
Joann
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing

No spoilers of any kind included!
So all I’m going to say about this book is that I really enjoyed reading it.
But then again I enjoy reading any book that’s been written by Rebecca Royce.
She’s been at the top of my favorite authors list for a year or two now and she’s going to stay there! ;)
So it’s going to be a big HECK YEAH I most definitely do recommend this book because I think it was awesome!
Denise Van plew
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to finally get into another one of this series. Melanie and Elliot transform us into their story in this world. This has a little bit of everything you love to read with even some ghosts. I like also that it is got what most relationships want to skip over or just touch on that there will be a friendship that builds also. This read will give you some spot on action with thrills and chills. The others make it a well rounded delicious read.
Sydney Hopke
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what an ending to this series! Characters new and old come together for Melanie and Elliot's story. Melanie and Elliot just work from the start that most couples need time to get to. It's a story that has you laughing, fanning yourself from the heat, and trying to figure out what's going on. I personally didn't but maybe you can. You don't need to read the other books but you should because they're amazing also!
Anna
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book in this series. All three books are stand alone. This book was about Elliott and Melanie. They reconnect when Melanie takes on his case but danger throws them even closer together. Ghosts, curses, two people trying to fight it. What more do you need. This was a great ending to this amazing series. I highly recommend you read not only this book but the whole series.
Donna Hokanson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and entertaining

Loved this story. Loved that Mel got her HEA in the end. This may be the last book in the series but it is still a self-contained story. This book has lots of twists and turns throughout. Well written and very entertaining to read. I highly recommend this book.
Susanne
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a kind of hate/love relationship with Rebecca Royce! I absolutely love her books, she writes her book in a way that just make me fall in love with her characters and the story! But the downside is that I can not put the book down and read it cover to cover right away! And this is no exception! A fantastic book and I’m really Sorry the series is finished! Amazing!
Shannon
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really, really liked this book. Such a great ending to the series. Melanie’s story was perfect and I love how the characters from the other books are so involved with this one and it’s happy ending. It went quickly for me, it just was so easy to throw myself into. Really good.
Lindsay
Power of Love

This is a great series. You can read this as a standalone but the other books give details about the world they are in. Maybe one day another story in this world will find its way to us.
Andi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story about Elliot and Melanie! Great end to this series! Sorry to see it end!
Maha Ch
Jun 12, 2019
Donna Milbourn
A
Jun 14, 2019
Author of science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal.

Wards and Wands (3 books)
  • Hexed and Vexed (Wards and Wands, #1)
  • Curse Reversed (Wards and Wands #2)