Start by marking “Beauty and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #1)

Beauty and the Boss

(Billionaire's Obsession #1)

I’m working for a man I can’t stand.

Actually, Luke Thorpe is more like a machine.

His irresistible body appears to be made of steel.

And he’s invincible.

Luke’s work ethic has made him a powerful billionaire.

But he’s also… uptight and mean.

Everyone I know is scared of him.

Everyone except for me.

I step back when I find myself falling for him.

After going through a terrible orde
Published June 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty and the Boss

Start your review of Beauty and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #1)
lindel
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didn't like it

He's old enough to be her father was stated very early in the book before finding out he was 12 years older than her. By then it was too late as I already disliked this book. Found nothing redeeming about the H. Story boring and childish. Details contradictory. H is a billionaire but father died in a dingy hospital. They leave out on a private plane to San Fran but return on commercial under public stares and TSA lines. Sorry must have been two different people writing this story.
Heather
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
This was ok for me. It felt like there was so much detail put into stuff that didn't really matter and very little put into the relationship suspense/tension. ...more
Susan The Trucker
Jan 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
No way

When there's no continuity in a book, that irritates me and I cannot finish. In one scene Emily is in an elevator and it said her hair was braided. In the next breath she is hiding her face behind the curtain of her hair. So which is it? Is her hair braided or is it down? Instances like that really bother me.

In one chapter I was reading along with Luke'sinner dialogue and it was ridiculous. He was stating that he was old enough to be her father. I found this ridiculous because he is 32 and
Megan
Luke Thorpe
Emily
----------------------------------
What happens?
Emily is a 19 year old intern and she begins an affair with her 30 year old boss.
Final thoughts
Giving this a 2 star because I was into this book until I twigged she was only 19 and suddenly this feels so wrong.
The age difference is too much. I don't enjoy that.
Would I read again?: No
Would I read this author agai
Birty
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Typical Office Romance

Nothing new here romance wise. Intern Emily falls for CEO Luke. Office romance with usual issues. Just nothing real special about the story.
Heather Miller
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Luke Thorpe is a handsome, muscular billionaire. He is driven to have his company succeed. He works long hours and demands a lot from his staff. Most of his staff are afraid of him. As he is always direct and to the point.

Emily is 12 yrs younger than Luke. If you read the prequel you find out that Luke helps her through a terrible ordeal. Emily is more clingy than I would have liked, she is just young and hasn’t had many relationships.

I did receive a free ARC copy of this book. I am freely lea
Limecello
Aug 02, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf, 2019
... oops. Realized this book/what I read of it was so not memorable that I accidentally mixed it up with another one.

But, not only is she his INTERN ... she's only NINETEEN. So.... yeah.

Nope. Not for me.
Between the sheets book reviews
This book was an ok read for me , I liked the characters and the concept, but I felt like there was just too much description fillers that had me losing my interest , I felt there was not enough conversation between the two main characters. It felt at times a little all over the place so I found myself skimming some parts of the book.

I did enjoy the chemistry between the main characters and the supporting charters were good too, it had a good storyline but I feel missed the mark a bit. It just
Judy Churchill
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This must have been a Bookbub special and really was pretty shallow.
Naomi Moore
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
The whole 'fast to fall in love' trope is silly. The marked she difference made me uncomfortable. ...more
Allyson
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I truly wasn't blown away from this story. It has good potential to be better, but there wasn't a lot of dialogue between the characters, just a lot of backstory, details, etc. I skimmed a lot of the material past 20% since I wanted to read the actions in the scenes and not filler words.

I liked the concept; it had some emotion, lust, and angst, but again, it didn't wow me. hopefully for other readers they will love it.

*ARC provided by BMBB in exchange for an HONEST review.
vicki zimmerman
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m just not sure

I don’t understand all the 4- and 5-star reviews the book has received.
‘Great romance’, ‘lots of humor’, and the most confusing review of all, ‘fast paced’.
Maybe I didn’t read far enough. I was bored out of my skull by the fifth goofy, slow-moving, humorless, no romance chapter, and stopped reading.
Maybe it gets better. For me, it didn’t get there fast enough.
Dawn
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The storyline was good, but this book needs some editing. Missing words in sentences, in some cases extra words, and the timeline is off in places.

The Prequel to this book doesn't match the beginning of this book. The prequel is short so I don't want to give anything away but the timeline is defiantly different and also where the female lead is from is different.

Like I said the story itself is good and if it was edited I would defiantly have given it a higher rating .
ABCsofbooks
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Not what I expected

This was just an ok read, 19 year old intern and 32 year old CEO, who acted like he was 19, very immature. I ended up skimming through last half of the book because it was just a bunch of rambling. Nothing made sense, not sure what made him a billionaire, he definitely didn’t spend any money on the h lol. Just weird. I wish I could get my dollar back.
L H
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5
Sooo.....the story was fine....just fine not too exciting....at around 75% it started to drag.....then suddenly it just ended!
Not much of drama there. 2 dimensional h and H...not much depth to them or the plot.
D
Dec 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Deborah Apodaca
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After seeing a vicious review about this book after someone in one of my reading groups saw the review in Amazon, I noticed that I had this book in my library to read already and made sure it was next in line to read. The vicious review was made after the person had only read THREE pages!!! I was insulted for the author and was determined that she needed an honest review from someone who had ACTUALLY READ THE BOOK COVER TO COVER!

I absolutely loved this book and Luke and Emily's story. This book
Gladys
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this compelling read that delivered much more than I expected. Luke & Emily share a powerful attraction and sizzling chemistry. I liked both these characters a lot. They each had some baggage and their relationship was complicated. This older man/younger woman, workplace romance had plenty of tension, emotional turmoil and a welcome feel of realism. This is my frank, freely posted review.
Sherry
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Luke spent his adult life establishing his business and keeping it successful. When Emily first entered his life, he had rescued her from being car jacked. They came face to face again when she interned for his company. The attraction was instant and they failed miserably when trying to fight it. He didn’t realize how much he needed her until she wasn’t around. Excellent story line with a happy ending!
Lonette
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Not my taste.

I have read a lot of romance but this was a turn off for me because the age difference didn't feel right to me. If she was out of college and so forth; I don't think the age would have been an issue. But I just couldn't keep reading; it felt as if reading about someone taking advantage of someone whose not seasoned yet. Or a young girl falling for an older man because she thinks it is love. Also their introduction in meeting each other was off. Not for me....
Tc
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book in the Billionaire's Obsession series. The book is entertaining and quick to read. I did take issue to the fact the older man could be her father, heavens he is only 12 years older. That's NOT father material. Billionaire meets and falls in love with a 19 y/o college student.I cant see much wrong with that. Easy read

Megan
Aug 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is right up my alley! From the very start I just knew that this was going to be one story that I couldn’t get enough of and one book I couldn’t put down. Luke and Emily were such a great couple who really complimented each other and just went together perfectly. Even the secondary characters were ones I found myself wanting to be friends with and get to know better.
All in all, great book that I definitely recommend!
Rowena
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable romance read!

I enjoyed this office romance that had the right amount of heat and chemistry. It was hot and their relationship seems more in tune to what might happen in real life. Overall a good read that did not disappoint. Can’t wait for the next story in this series.
Jackie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Deep sigh 😔

I wanted to like it. It was going so well and then their ages were revealed! Why did she had to be a child!!!! I mean I know she’s legally an adult but that was to young. I lost interest after that, I did finish the book but I did so being judgmental about everything 🤷🏽‍♀️. And it ended so abruptly it just wasn’t for me.
Debra  Williams
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This was a new author for me and a great read. It was well written. The characters were interesting. Emily was carjacked and Luke was the one who rescued her. Emily becomes an intern at SkyBlue that is owned by non other than Luke. Great story line that will keep your attention. Will be reading more from this author
Jenny Hockings
May 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book very much !
It had me wondering on and off during the story but I intend to reread the book
Do office romances work ?????
I am not telling
Grab this book to see if these two can make a go of it.

Monica
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Older man and young woman premise - Although the writing was good and story line held promise the disappointing thing for me is that there was no relationship development between Luke and Emily. The age difference was off putting enough, but it seemed they were sexually drawn to each other and from then on had no control over themselves. I really wanted and needed more to this story.
Debbie
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I got a free copy of book 3 so of course I had to go back and start reading from the beginning 😉 and must say I am really happy to have done so, really enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading the rest 😁
Deedee Shelton Tranum
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick story

Very nice story. Looking forward to starting the next book. I kinda wished she had been a little older. I'm not really into the older man much younger woman thing she's not old enough to drink other than that the story line was very good 👍👍
Karen Crouse
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fairie Tale

A modern tale loosely based on Beauty and the beast set in the financial district in the top floor offices of a big money corporation. Sweet and talented young woman works for rich, handsome, and difficult young executive.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Innkeeper and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession Book 5)
  • The Boss (Manhattan Records #1)
  • Doctor's Orders (Curvy Girls Club, #1)
  • Highest Bidder
  • His Obsession (Alpha Security, #3)
  • Triple Threat
  • Trust Me (Alpha Men, #7)
  • Mr. CEOooooooo
  • Under The Covers
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • Rock Star's Curvy Beauty
  • His Sweet Curvy Treat
  • Her Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #3)
  • Fake It For Daddy (Sugar Daddy, #1)
  • Our Forever (Every Curvy Inch, #2)
  • Forbidden Kiss (Carson Cove Scandals #1)
  • Merciless (Severinov Bratva, #1)
  • His Sweet Curvy Secret

Billionaire's Obsession (4 books)
  • Lawyer and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #2)
  • Nanny and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #3)
  • Teacher and the Boss (Billionaire's Obsession, #4)