Start by marking “Lies” as Want to Read:
Lies

Lies

Betty Dawsey knows that breaking things off with Thom Lange is for the best. He’s nice, but boring, and their relationship has lost its spark. But steady and predictable Thom, suddenly doesn’t seem so steady and predictable when their condo explodes and she’s kidnapped by a couple of crazies claiming that Thom isn’t who he says he is.

Thom is having a hellish week. Not only
ebook
Expected publication: July 21st 2019 by Kylie Scott

To ask other readers questions about Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lies

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

“Our whole relationship was like a mission to you. You assessed my life, inserted yourself into it, and then only worked within the parameters you were comfortable with.”

It was a quick and refreshing read! I liked the characters and the story was interesting , I couldn't put it down.It has action,drama ,humor and a great romance.It's different from her other books but still very good!

description

Betty is hilarious and Thom was interesting.Their romance was slow ,intense and steamy.If you are lookin
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Truth = I am not a big romance suspense reader, but Kylie Scott, you have that talent to suck me in!!

Amazingly written, I was pushing through this book just to find out what was coming next!!! These characters are well written. Betty and Thom, oh you guys gotta read these two. From the outs to the ins, the ups and downs, and oh what a fun ride at times, definitely pick this one up. This read is not one I'll forget anytime soon. I hope to see this as a blockbuster on the screens!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
5+ Stars

Kylie Scott has hit one out of the park with Lies. The storyline grabs you from the first chapter, shakes you around and ties you to your chair (or your reading place of choice). Forget about functioning as a responsible adult until you have finished the last chapter, you'll want to hide out and read what happens next with Betty and Thom.

There is plenty of sexual chemistry, banter and laughs between the leads, but this book doesn't rely solely on its strong characters and romance to make
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
I literally got this one at 9:30 pm and finished at midnight.
Another fantastic, epic wild ride of a book. I do mean wild ride because it was non stop action!
This read had it all- adventure, danger, wit, intrigue, mystery, funny and hot sexy times.
Thom is going down a favorite book boyfriend. It was refreshing to have an ‘h’ that was a real woman...not a Barbie doll. Thank you for writing such a relatable character.
Lies is tied with Repeat(if you haven’t read it, please do) by Kylie Scott as my
AJ

I fell in mad instalove with the cover of this book, and the blurb sounded like so much fun. Kylie Scott has delivered a fast-paced action suspense romance that is exciting and unexpected, laugh out-loud funny, and one hell of an entertaining ride!

Betty is breaking up with her fiancé. They’ve been together for a year, but their relationship is mundane, as is her fiancé, Thom, who frequently travels away for work, and there is no spark left… if there ever was any. She’s literally packing
Aaly
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review ***

When I started reading Lies by Kylie Scott, I was already hooked by this explosive beginning. A woman who had no idea about how wrong she was about her fiancé, Thom. It needed one break-up to discover many things she never would have thought of. From boring fiancé to operative agent, there was one tiny line. And this time, no more lies.

A storyline growing at a rapid tempo that would perfectly fit like a movie, with a strong hint of ro
A Klue
Murder, mystery, and mayhem meets second chance romance here, folks, in a very explosive, heart pounding, action packed drama sort of way. Betty, the heroine, is betting on finally getting some answers to why her mediocre relationship with Thom, her fiance, has never been all that it should be. Well, that is after she has completely given up yet sucked right back into the arms of a man she finds she never really knew. Turns out Thom keeps some pretty strange company and has been hiding mind blow ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kylie Scott is an evil genius ! Because all I can do after finishing Lies is sitting with dropped jaws and trying to organize my chaotic feelings. Because I cannot believe what I just read. It is not a thriller or a complete romantic comedy or a contemporary romance. IT IS THE PERFECT BALANCE OF ALL OF THESE! It's totally different and unique. An undercover agent. His fake fiance. A bomb blast. And the consequences of lies coming out of closet and hunting them while they run for their lives. And ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 It’s Not all that is seems Stars ~

I have been a fan of Kylie Scott’s for awhile now. I have loved the other books I have read by her, so I was excited to read the blurb of this book and see that it was something a little different than her norm. And I wasn’t disappointed. I was thoroughly entertained while reading this book.

Lately I have had a thing for the suspenseful romance story. I love when a story doesn’t take a normal path and creates someth
Kim
Shelves: 4-stars
3.5 to 4 stars
Betty thought the worst thing that was going to happen that day was she was moving out and leaving her fiance' Thom since things just were not working out. He traveled a lot for work and when he was home, things were just lukewarm. But when their home explodes and she gets kidnapped, things really go downhill.

It turns out Thom has some big secrets...and he is not the same boring, predictable man she has come to know. And while they are trying to stay alive, things get much more int
Daffy Kraizel
Jun 30, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
LIES

ARC-Daffy
Kylie Scott is one of my favorite authors.
I read a great number of her books, including her latest Repeat, and even gave it a 5 star review.
Her new book, Lies, will be released next month and I received an ARC in order review it.

Unfortunately, this book did not work for me and I had a hard time finishing it.

Kylie decided to step out of her comfort zone and to write a spy book.
The book included many violent scenes, crime, pursuit and occasionally a bit of romance and sex.
Betty, an average girl
Erica Chilson
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spy, wickedreads, action, 4
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

Spoiler-Free review

5 Stars if you don't stop and smell the flowers
3 Stars if you pause for 2 seconds to think of the logistics
4 Stars in total.

Lies hooked me from word-one, where I read half the novel in one sitting. Life happened. I planned on reading the rest in one sitting. However, the last half took me three days to complete, none of which had to do with life interrupting. It's not that I wasn't entertained, but th
Naughty Mom Story Time
5+ Stars

Holy hell! This book was a TOTAL RUSH. from start to finish it was like I was watching a Keanu Reeves action film. One, cuz the cover totally gets my John Wick juices flowing; and two, cuz he’s my favorite action star.

From the very beginning it’s abundantly clear that a seatbelt is required. Action upon action was everywhere in this story and then there was some sweet, hot and heavy action. I sat on my front porch for hours reading this early into the morning. Another book that you shou
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I'm a huge fan of this author and I love to see my favorites step out of the box and write something a little different. That's what Kylie Scott has done with Lies. The entire time is was reading all I could think about was the movie This Means War. Have you seen it? It's cute and definitely worth a watch. Oh, and it also stars Chris pine and his deliciously blue eyes. Anyway, I digress.

Lies is a sort of mix between a rom com and a spy caper. There are a lot of laughs but the underlying theme of
Obsessive Book Whore
This book wrecked me. And I freaking loved every. Single. Second of it. Days after reading this book and I still can’t put into words what I feel. I absolutely loved it, I can definitely tell you that! It’s been a while since I was completely consumed by a book. Lies not only consumed me, it left me with one hell of a book hangover.

I was so intrigued with this story-line. I can say, I don’t think I’ve personally read anything like it. It was witty, action packed and sexy as all hell. Poor Betty.
Veronica
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

So we start with Betty packing her stuff to leave her fiancé Thom. While taking boxes to the car her house explodes and from there things really take off. It isn’t long before Betty learns Thom is not the boring insurance adjustor he was claiming to be.

I had an absolute blast reading Lies. I barely made it ten pages into the book before I wanted to start talking about it and telling people to read it. Unfortunately for me I
Ali
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read!

Lies starts off with Betty packing up to leave her fiance Thom. He's mostly 'absent' from the relationship, both emotionally and physically, and she's over it. But then something explosive happens, literally, and she's kidnapped and comes to find that Thom is not - at all, not even a teeny bit - what she thought he was.

Yet, what he really is...maybe isn't what she needs either. Finding out your finace is a special agent and has been faking his relationship with you isn't the be
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a huge Kylie Scott fan since her Stage Dive series and am always ready for more of her amazing stories. When I read the blurb for Lies I was intrigued as it seemed as if it was part comedy, part action and suspense. For that reason I was very excited to read Thom and Betty's story!

After finding out that her unassuming and tepid fiance was playing a part and was really a dangerous secret operative, Betty must figure out if she really knows the man who she has been with for over a year
LianaReads blog
I love the author and when i had the chance to read an arc, of course, i didn't want to miss the opportunity.

One of my favourite tropes is second chance romance and this book has a lot to talk about a married couple and their second chance at love.
When you get married, you think you already know everything about the other person in your life, because you trust her and give your hopes and dreams to them. They know all your secrets as you should know all of theirs. But some people are ver
Hayley
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, chick-lit
There is a reason that Kylie Scott is one of my favorite authors and I will read everything she writes. The reason is this: She is brilliant! Lies only reinforces this opinion. This suspenseful story had me hooked from page 1 and I could not put it down. Betty is in the process of leaving her fiancé when her condo is blown up and she is thrust into a world she never imagined with gun fights, secret identities and enemies everywhere. The world her fiancé lives in, the reason he was so boring, bec ...more
Avid Reader
Lies by Kylie Scott
4 stars
M/F Thriller, Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Betty is leaving her almost husband. She's had enough. His job has come before their relationship the entire time and it's just beginning to dawn on her what her married life would be like. She is just done. However, in the process of packing up her belongings, her stuff literally is gone in a second...

With Betty not understanding what's going on, people trying to get to her and Thom all of
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

I really enjoyed this book - and do hope that there is more to come, and soon, as there is a lot that I still want to know! Let alone a number of singletons who could do with a chance at love, whatever their crazy job entails!

This is a fun book from beginning to end, with plenty of twists and turns and some great humour alongside the danger and the madness. Thom is in so much trouble for how he has deceived Betty, yet
The Smutbrarians
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Lindsey

Christine
Lies is my first book from Kylie Scott, and it didn't quite hit the mark for me. I get that with it being an action packed/suspenseful story, the flow would be at somewhat fast paced......but overall, it just seemed too rushed for me (especially the ending). I also wished that we would have gotten more of Betty & Thom's backstory before she decided to leave him, especially seeing the way she was going to break up with him. Made me more sympathetic to Thom, which I think was the opposite of h ...more
Glorimar Irizarry
Shelves: book-reviewed
Given ARC.

LIES was one of the best books written by Kylie Scott, this book blew me away with all of the twist and turns that happened throughout the story. This is definitely a 180 to the Stage Dive series that was the first book series that I read by Kylie Scott. Lies showed me what a great writer Kylie Scott is and how she can write different genres of books.

Lindsey King
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4

WOOOOOWEEEEE! What a tangled web Kylie Scott weaves! This book was super intense. I mean from the beginning to the end it was constantly one up and down after another. Some pretty scary secrets, love on the run, and a whole lot of bullets flying kept me flipping the pages until I finished. I loved it. Betty and Thom were great together. Although, I really wanted to throat punch Thom a couple of good times. Betty is sassy, sharp, and full of life. Shes pro
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

I loved the whole base line story of Betty and Thom, I thought this book was going to be about unrequited love but boy was I wrong. LIES was so muc
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holly
This was a fun and awesome read.  We begin with Betty who is in the process of packing up and leaving her fiance, Thom, while he's out of town for work.  When she's lugging her belongings out to her car, their house blows up.  When Betty wakes, she finds herself tied to a chair and being interrogated about Thom.  Turns out her fiance isn't the bland, boring insurance adjuster she had come to know and agreed to marry.  Thom is a secret operative and is anything but boring.  And he knows how to pi ...more
Andrea
*Received ARC copy from Social Butterfly for my honest opinion*

Lies by Kylie Scott was such a suspenseful great read! Lies was the first book I've read by Kylie Scott and I'll be looking for her other work. Lies had great suspense, wit, banter, sexiness, mystery, and romance. The writing was fabulous. It kept me captivated and wanting more. The relationship between Betty and Thom was developed beautifully. Thom definitely ranks as top book boyfriend material, for sure.

Thom's use of "babe" was s
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.
“You’re handling this well.”
I laugh. “Oh, really?” Because inside my head, I’m basically alternating between this freaked-out, endless, high-pitched screaming noise and an all-consuming need to kill you for all the fucking lies.”
0 likes
“Holy shit. Is there anything you didn’t lie to me about?”
The mirth disappears from his face. “I wasn’t’ lying when I said I love you.”
0 likes