Start by marking “This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)” as Want to Read:
This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)

This for That

(The Edge of Retaliation #1)

What would you do, for revenge?

Dear Diary,
Oh, who am I kidding?

Dear Life,
You’re cruel. You’re heartless. You’re sick. You’re really damned twisted.
Do you know that?
Nope…
Still doesn’t cut it.

Dear Fate…yeah, that’s the one.

Dear Fate,
What the actual hell?
What exactly did I do to deserve the life you paved for me?
Did I bother you so?
Was I awful?
Did I not pray eno
Kindle Edition
Published July 23rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about This for That, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This for That

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'THIS FOR THAT' is the first romantic | Suspense book in Bella Jewels 'The Edge of Retaliation' series.

With the crazy cover!! And the synopsis plus the fact that I haven't read anything by this author for awhile I had to get my grabby hands on this one!!

One night just wanting to be a normal teenager and deciding to take her mother's car for a joy ride to the lake along with her close friends, had dire consequences, all it took was one split second for things to go pear shaped, and all their l
Wendy

I am an avid "Bella Jewel" reader. She writes it and I have to read it, some of her biker books are in my top reads of all time. Now the blurb for this one really had me intrigued because it doesn't really give away much...Just like my review won't 8395d0eafef930eaeb828283ccf84f9f1111

I'm mean gif - Google zoeken

As much as I wanted to know what this book was about...because I do love my spoilers...I am glad I went in kind of blind. If you really want to enjoy this story...stay away from any spoilers.

This book wasn't like anything I expected and from the v

Kylee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, where do I start...….. first off just so people don't think this review is going to be negative, this book is a MASSIVE FIVE STAR READ!!!! Callie's story is one of heartbreak, devastation and showing us how one simple decision that seemed such a great idea at the time can change so many lives in the blink of an eye. Judgements were made and as time has gone by this has not eased. As Callie tries to make peace and finally lay her past to rest, old friend karma, life and fate just might have ...more
Renee

Dear Diary,
Oh who am I kidding??

Dear Life,
You're cruel. Your heartless. You're sick. You're really twisted.
Do you know that?
Nope....
Still doens't cut it.

Dear Fate...yeah, that's the one.
Dear Fate,
What the actual crap?
What exactly did I do to deserve the life you paved for me?
Did I bother you so?
Was I awful?
You took my life into your hands, fate and you twisted it.
Your turned it inot a broken mess,
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

OMG!! How could it end like that?? I need the next book NOW!!

This For That : The Edge Of Retaliation was an AMAZING story!! I was absolutely hooked right from the beginning. And let me tell you it didn’t let me go until the very end. And even then I’m still hanging on!! This book is going to be on my mind until I get the rest of the story!!

As you can guess this book ends on a cliffhanger and it was BRUTAL!!! If you aren’t a fan of cliffy’s t
Rebecca Ernst Vazquez
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read from Bella Jewel that was not an MC book and it was so good! I'm often pulled into a book by the cover and this one definitely drew me in, and then I look at the blurb and I loved this one because it gave enough without giving away what the story was actually about. I just knew I was getting ready to read about a broken girl with a story to tell.

This For That introduces us to Callie, a girl being thrust back into the world after a traumatic and life-changing ev
Between the sheets book reviews
This for that

BELLA JEWEL

WOW!!!!! I could NOT put this down . From page 1 right until the end was such an exhilarating ride.
This story gave us such heartache, pain, so much angst, and suspense I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time .

I can in NO way give any of the story away in this review without the fear of taking it too far . You HAVE to read it for yourselves and experience every single extraordinary moment through your own eyes.
I will say that ... Damn!!!! In some parts I h
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
This for That was Spectacular! I’m talking Earthshaking, eye opening, will blow you away and leave you hanging on every word kinda Amazing! Never have I devoured a book so quickly! I was up till 2 am because I just had to finish it and now I don’t know what to do with myself! I was up all hours of the night tossing and turning with This book running through my mind. The Emotional pull this book has is just astounding, it had me shaking and gasping for breath through my tears! It’s real and raw! ...more
Claudia Cardoz
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. OMG. OMG. I felt like I was on a wild ride of love, pain, mistakes, retribution, passion and delicious hotness. But no I don't feel like I can justify in words what an amazing book this is.

My heart JUST FELT so much for Callie. So much. When one mistake in your life causes such far fetching ripple effect on not only your life but also on several others. When you are battling the worst enemy....Yourself. The crushing pain and regret and yet a will to fight, to survive.

I LOVED the back and fo
She's a Lip Biter
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
Holy Heck, what a story I couldn’t put it down! This book literally drags you in, holds you hostage and doesn’t let go...even at the end because you’re still pondering on what will happen next in book two.

To say that this is brilliantly written is understating things dramatically. I am in awe of the way this author builds up the tempo in the book to such a crescendo that you actually feel like your heart is beating out of your chest cavity.

The story is told from Calli
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY EVERLOVIN' HELL! This for That is the first book in The Edge of Retaliation series, and man it messed with my head big time. See, Callie is a good girl who makes a mistake one night that have far reaching consequences, and she pretty much loses everyone in her life, not to mention a good portion of her life. She finally has the chance to start over, and things seem to be going well, except for the fact that she feels a burning need to clear her name, and make amends to those who were affec ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in a new series from Bella a what a delicious mystery it is. This is Callie's story and what happens after she makes one bad fateful mistake. From that moment her life changes and nothing will be the same again.

Although at times not an easy read it was addictive I couldn't stop once I started. I felt such anger for her, she was let down by her friends, family and the system. The writing makes you feel like your right there experiencing it all with her. The pain and disappointment
Johanna
Mind blown!

ARC provided from the author for an honest review.

First off the cover is AMAZING! TOTAL ATTENTION GRABBER!

I don't know if I can adequately describe or do justice to this book but, I will try.

First off from the prologue alone I knew i would love this book. I felt the words on a deep level.

Callie the heroine goes thru something unimaginable. Part of her life is just gone. Never to get what she missed back.

After many tears and scars Callie starts to get it together. With her best fr
Kim Howlett
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off this cover is awesome. It's what first free me to the book but then I read the synopsis and knew I'd love this book.
This book was amazing. I was hooked from the very first chapter and knew instantly this was going to be a outstanding read and possible the one of the best books of 2019.
The story was very intense and didn't let up once throughout it all.
Callie has gone through so much. My heart really felt for her. There's lots of tears and heartache for her and she really touched my h
Robyn Corcoran
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog

The story is told fr
Anne Milne
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

The Book Fairy Reviews
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dear Life? Dear Fate? WOW Simply Wow. This book blew my mind I started reading and though, hmmm I think I know where this will go. Then as I continued to read, I realized, yeah no! I had no idea of the twists and turns Callie's story would take me on. Not gonna lie this book was read in One day and I am still feeling the affects of the bomb that was the cliffer of an ending. I mean I have no words.
Bella Jewel cave me the heat of a bad tatted boy, no MAN~ Tanner, with an allure of mystery and dan
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

First let me say that each book I read by the Author is absolutely phenomenal. This one follows the same. Callie is a broken young woman. Her past will never let her live in peace. Ethan has been her rock and more like a brother to her. He kept her safe. Tanner is the man of her dreams until her dreams become a nightmare. Will she ever be able to live fully? I can’t wait until the next book. Excellent writing.

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐
Misty
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I, hands down, flippin loved this book so hard! Callie was such a beautiful stand up character that I adored and felt so much pain for her. This book is a very much needed heartfelt, painful, suspense driven and steamy read. Callie's story is beautifully written and not your average suspense read either, it includes a little bit of everything.

Callie made a really awful bad and deadly mistake very young in her life, which cost her alot of her early life. She has very much suffered the cost of he
Gail
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG!! Seriously.. what are you doing to me woman!!! This book blew my ever loving mind!!! I have not read a book that left me this speechless in a while.. This is a completely different side of Bella Jewel right here... and let me tell you I LOVE IT!!!!!

Callie is a young 16 something girl.. she and her friends just wanted to go to the beach and enjoy the day.. but one fateful car ride can change your whole life.. now fast forward 6 years.. Callie is trying to get her life back on track..
Kathleen
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow how one night can change your life forever.
Callie was a typical sixteen years old girl who decides to have some fun with her friends. That fun leads you a life changing event for her, her family friends and those she does not even know.
As Callie tries to live again after the incident and "punishment" she is battling her biggest issue - herself.
This is a wonderful book that will keep you turning the pages. You'll feel empathy for Callie and all involved in her accident. All except maybe her
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 3.5 / 5
Story 5 / 5
Overall: 5 / 5

Absolutely amazing!

This for That is the first book in The Edge of Retaliation series written by author Bella Jewel. I’ve been so excited to read this story that I jumped right in when I saw it on my Kindle. Let me tell you, it was an explosive read, and I so want to spill all the beans, but I won't. This is one book that you should read without any spoilers!

This for That was impossible to put down. Not only was
Marcia
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars...and that is only because I need the Conclusion!! OMG!! What a ride this story was!! This for That is a page-turner. This book had me completely engrossed from page go and held me captive until the very last page, which left me hanging...and I am still hanging. I really need the conclusion to this one. Wow!! This story is about how Callie's life was changed forever just from one night is absolutely amazing. The characters that are introduced in this story, Ethan, Tanner, and all of th ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romaine
This for That is such a heartbreaking story that will have you in tears. A lost and abandoned teen serving time for her actions. The things she had to endure in prison in order to survive will rip your heart out. Free, she still struggles to survive.

One mistake and Callie ended up in prison. It was partially her fault. Now that's she's out she is determined to find out why the girl stepped in front of her car. She deserves answers!

Officer Ethan Corel kept an eye out for Callie for six years whil
Vickie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series and what a book it is. I struggled to put this book down, the story had me completely hooked. This is going to be a short, vague review because this book needs to be read without spoilers.

Callie made a mistake. We’ve all made them but Callie’s mistake ends up changing her life forever. I loved Callie. She’s paid for her mistake and genuinely wants to make things right even though someone seems determined to stop her. She’s ready to move on and make up for
Eleanor
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4 Shocking stars

his for That is the first book in Bella Jewel's new series The Edge of Retaliation. It's hard to do a review for a book when you don't want to give anything away so this will be short and sweet.

This was an exciting read and your kept on your toes throughout. I'm not really a fan of jumping to the past to tell a story but it worked for this book. Twists and turns, I'd love to say I didn't see them all coming but I might have seen one! Great secondary characters that your constant
Dimaris rossy
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW just WOW! It's not that I can't wait for what happens next, is that I NEED to know. This story is original and sooooo interesting. Callie's life has sucked majorly for years and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. With the past mixed with the present,this story feels sad and unfair. The torment she has to go through is so raw. Her trust is on shaky ground. I'm ready for more of the present. For truths to come out. I'm intrigued. I want answers, same as she does. It's not even focused o ...more
Sassafrass (Candace)
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This for that blew my mind!
Fantastic 5 star read!

Your life can be change with just 3 bad decisions and that’s exactly what happened to Callie. Or did someone else’s decision take away all of hers? One mistake changed it all.
Callie is trying to grab her new life and make the best of it and actually get to live it. With only 1 person who truly cares about her, she is having a hard time, but what else is new for her. Her break comes in the form of a man who changes her flat tire.
Secrets are kept
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. FREAKING. GOODNESS! I am still in shock about what I just read. I have to let you know one HUGE thing before you read this book-- there is a cliffhanger and it is freaking crushing.

I am not giving you any freaking details because I went into this fairly blind and the book rocked my socks off, so I highly suggest you doing the exact same. I will say that this book is raw, a tiny bit dark and a bit gritty. With an edge of suspense and mystery to go with the craziness, this book is just the
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
OMG this book. I have no words. I haven't read a book like this in a while.
I don't want to say much in my review as it will give too much away but you will not be disappointed I can guarantee you

All Callie wanted to do was go out and have some fun with her friends. One ride changed her life in more ways than she could ever imagine.
Now she has 6 years of her life just gone. But she will find out why this happened and she will get justice for her and for a girl named Celia.

This book captured me
Heya!! My name is Bella, I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat so stop on by x