Start by marking “This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)” as Want to Read:
This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)

This for That

(The Edge of Retaliation #1)

What would you do, for revenge?

Dear Diary,
Oh, who am I kidding?

Dear Life,
You’re cruel. You’re heartless. You’re sick. You’re really damned twisted.
Do you know that?
Nope…
Still doesn’t cut it.

Dear Fate…yeah, that’s the one.

Dear Fate,
What the actual hell?
What exactly did I do to deserve the life you paved for me?
Did I bother you so?
Was I awful?
Did I not pray
Published July 23rd 2019

Start your review of This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
this-for-that-2

Oh my God! – That's all I have to say.
Just… OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!! 😱👏

16-year-old Callie just wanted to act like a girl her age when she took her mother's car without permission for a night out with her friends… but one second of inattention changed her life forever! 💥
She was charged with manslaughter and sent to a felony institution until she'll be 18 – and then, to prison – FOR 6 YEARS!!! 😱😱😱

I went through an agonizing process with Callie – the pain of finding out what happened that night… what h
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'THIS FOR THAT' is the first romantic | Suspense book in Bella Jewels 'The Edge of Retaliation' series.

With the crazy cover!! And the synopsis plus the fact that I haven't read anything by this author for awhile I had to get my grabby hands on this one!!

One night just wanting to be a normal teenager and deciding to take her mother's car for a joy ride to the lake along with her close friends, had dire consequences, all it took was one split second for things to go pear shaped, and all t
Nazanin
Apr 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, suspense
3.5 Stars

This wasn’t really a romance story. I mean it wasn’t really strong on that part. What happened between Tanner and Callie just happened, there wasn’t any relationship building. And they didn’t express their feeling in a romantic way. Well, I blame it on the plot. And I’m sure the author’s hands were closed to do that but still, I think if there was a bit more romance it could have been believable. The thing that I liked so much was the angst and the writing kept my interest. I really wou
Wendy

I am an avid "Bella Jewel" reader. She writes it and I have to read it, some of her biker books are in my top reads of all time. Now the blurb for this one really had me intrigued because it doesn't really give away much...Just like my review won't 8395d0eafef930eaeb828283ccf84f9f1111

I

As much as I wanted to know what this book was about...because I do love my spoilers...I am glad I went in kind of blind. If you really want to enjoy this story...stay away from any spoilers.

This book wasn't like anything I expected and fr

Carla Bulian
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew it!!!!
Great book!!!!
Anne OK
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series -- one I just found out will have three books instead of the two already published. That stopped me in my tracks -- and I'm not sure I'm happy about it either.

Book One was a hard read -- my heart pounded and I felt ill for a young girl caught in something of her own making, yet tragically so. The characters were intriguing and the plot set up perfectly.

And after being left hanging from a cliffy, I am ready to return to my Kindle and begin reading Book Two in the con
Coco.V
Oct 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/23/2019)! 🎁
Anna
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cover looked kind of interesting so why not...

One fateful night, Callie and her 3 girlfriends decided to steal her moms car and go out for some fun. Taking her eyes off the road for just a second cost the 16 year old dearly when she accidentally hits and kills a pedestrian. Callie swears the girl walked out in front of her on purpose. But that’s a tough case to sell in court when all her family and friends testify that she was happy and healthy, not suicidal. Callie goes down for involuntary man
Kylee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, where do I start...….. first off just so people don't think this review is going to be negative, this book is a MASSIVE FIVE STAR READ!!!! Callie's story is one of heartbreak, devastation and showing us how one simple decision that seemed such a great idea at the time can change so many lives in the blink of an eye. Judgements were made and as time has gone by this has not eased. As Callie tries to make peace and finally lay her past to rest, old friend karma, life and fate just might have ...more
Born To Read
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You will be hooked after reading just the prologue! 🤗
After taking her mom's car without permission and without license, Callie and her friends have an accident.
An accident that will chance their lives forever. Not only their lives. Celia Yates, too.
But Callie wants to clean her name and prove that it was not only her fault. There were other factors involved.
What she didn't expect was the truth about everything and everyone. Even though I was suspicious about part of it, the whole truth was a sho
Lien
Jan 14, 2020 marked it as maybe
Shelves: freebie
Book 1 and 2 are free right now!
Doris
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!!!!! Can you say CLIFFHANGER. Need the next one NOW!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

OMG!! How could it end like that?? I need the next book NOW!!

This For That : The Edge Of Retaliation was an AMAZING story!! I was absolutely hooked right from the beginning. And let me tell you it didn’t let me go until the very end. And even then I’m still hanging on!! This book is going to be on my mind until I get the rest of the story!!

As you can guess this book ends on a cliffhanger and it was BRUTAL!!! If you aren’t a fan of cliffy’s t
Amanda Anderson (Beauty.and.the.bookies)
Really good book. It was suspenseful and had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning. I had my doubts about a certain person and was right at the end but the other surprise SHOCKED me! Can't wait to read book 2 and see what happens!
Claudia Cardoz
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. OMG. OMG. I felt like I was on a wild ride of love, pain, mistakes, retribution, passion and delicious hotness. But no I don't feel like I can justify in words what an amazing book this is.

My heart JUST FELT so much for Callie. So much. When one mistake in your life causes such far fetching ripple effect on not only your life but also on several others. When you are battling the worst enemy....Yourself. The crushing pain and regret and yet a will to fight, to survive.

I LOVED the back and fo
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Between the sheets book reviews
This for that

BELLA JEWEL

WOW!!!!! I could NOT put this down . From page 1 right until the end was such an exhilarating ride.
This story gave us such heartache, pain, so much angst, and suspense I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time .

I can in NO way give any of the story away in this review without the fear of taking it too far . You HAVE to read it for yourselves and experience every single extraordinary moment through your own eyes.
I will say that ... Damn!!!! In some parts I h
Abby McCarthy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book starts off with Callie, a teenage girl who takes her mom's car out. This was kind of difficult for me to read-- this scene, and solely for personal reasons. Callie crashes her car and changes the lives of so many young women. A close family member of mine was the sole survivor of a crash in high school. So, I started off uneasy.

Reading, you're quickly thrown into the future moving between the past and present. I was right yesterday when I knew I'd get some steam from Bella Jewel. She
Jac K
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This is the first book in the Edge of Retaliation Trilogy; maybe I’m in a mood because I’ve been struggling the last couple days with books. This one was just ok for me. The blurb is pretty vague, and I won’t give away spoilers, but this is the gist.

One night 16-year-old Callie and her 3 girlfriends decide to sneak out and steal her mom’s car for a joyride. After one of the girls drops a can of booze, she takes her eyes off the road for a second accidentally killing a pedestrian. Callie is certa
Vickie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series and what a book it is. I struggled to put this book down, the story had me completely hooked. This is going to be a short, vague review because this book needs to be read without spoilers.

Callie made a mistake. We’ve all made them but Callie’s mistake ends up changing her life forever. I loved Callie. She’s paid for her mistake and genuinely wants to make things right even though someone seems determined to stop her. She’s ready to move on and make up for
Julie
Wow! What a heartbreaking story. And we’re left with some crazy questions that will drive us nuts until we’re are giving answers. I thought I had it, but BAM I was knocked for six with this one.

Callie had done a foolish thing, she was young and didn’t deserve the complete destruction of her young life. She paid her dues and now tries to begin again but first she want’s answers with the help from new friends Tanner and Ethan.

Told in past and present time, this is a heart wrenching story that was
Julie Jackson
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

First let me say that each book I read by the Author is absolutely phenomenal. This one follows the same. Callie is a broken young woman. Her past will never let her live in peace. Ethan has been her rock and more like a brother to her. He kept her safe. Tanner is the man of her dreams until her dreams become a nightmare. Will she ever be able to live fully? I can’t wait until the next book. Excellent writing.
Kim Carter
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, arc, cliffy
Cliffy ALERT....Cliffy ALERT!
I like really need to know how all these folks know each other and who is out to get who is this newly released suspense by Belly Jewel...looking forward to the next installment. Unfortunately it took me forever to get this read....adulating..it kind of stinks sometimes.
Tracy Wilkin
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This for That: The Edge of Retaliation Book 1 is the newest thrilling story by Bella Jewel. I was highly excited to be reading this release. My heart galloped in anticipation and my mind was open to endless possibility. You just never know where a Bella Jewel story will take you.

This for That took me on a tumultuous ride. Tantalising, mesmirising and breathtaking. The characters swept me away dramatically and emphatically. My mind was blown, my heart was owned, and I was bewitched by the wonder
BooksSaveMe
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 cos I knew what was coming
Sana
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The one thing that came out of my mouth when I reached the end is:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WOMAN?

buzy_reading
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
A young girl is hardened and scorned by her family and friends from one mistake. Callie is seeking justice for a crime that was an accidental. She serves her time and starts a new. Freedom comes at a cost when someone threatens her. She sets off to clear her name by finding justice for Celia.

Narrator:
Chelsea Hatfield is the solo female performer. This is my first audio experience with Chelsea. She gave a solid performance. The sound quality was great. Her performance was read word perfectly.

Ove
Johnaka- Amity Book Blog
This for That by Bella Jewel
“Romantic suspense, 3 stars”

Alrightly…. So, I just saw Bella Jewel and jumped on it. I typically enjoy her stories. But This for That had me scratching my head. So, in This for That the heroine starts off as a teenager who is out joyriding with her three best friends. I’m sold at this point even though I know something bad is about to happen. Then the bad happens in the form of a car accident that happens to kill someone else, one of her friends is severely injured, a
Kira

Callie accidentally kills a girl while driving with her friends. As a result she spends six years in jail. The entire accident scene was sloppy. I didn't understand the reactions of pretty much everyone. They acted like Callie was an ax murderer who got off on killing people. It was sad that someone died, but it genuinely was an accident.

The alternating scenes in the past didn't add much useful to the story. They helped to explain how shitty her family treated her, but it wasn't enough
Rebecca
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Because life is a goddamned sadistic bitch with dry, bitter sense of humor. Life likes fucking you. So get used to it.”

That’s what Bella Jewel’s latest heroine in her newest release, This for That, offers up to readers in the early pages of the story, and what follows after that bleak and abysmal explanation is proof as to why Callie feels that way and the circumstances that led her to that conclusion.

This for that…it seems like such a simple idea; it's almost like cause/effect, so the simplic
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Conor Thames
  • Styx & Stones
  • Hurricane Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded #1)
  • Down Fall (Fallen Duet, #2)
  • Crowd of Lies (Kingsley Academy #2)
  • Promise Me (Diamond in the Rough #2)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • Guts & Glory: Hunter (In the Shadows Security, #3)
  • Forever and All the Afters
  • Play with Me (Diamond in the Rough #1)
  • Freak (Fallen Lords MC, #7)
  • Protector (Silent Phoenix MC #4)
  • Where the Blame Lies (Where, #1)
  • Proven (Aces High MC - Cedar Falls Book 2)
  • Triton (Soulless Bastards MC Daytona Chapter, #2)
  • Better Than This: A Nine Minutes Spin-Off Novel
  • Scarred (Sailor's Grave Book 3)
  • Unloved  (Bay Falls High #2)
Heya!! My name is Bella, I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat so stop on by x

The Edge of Retaliation (3 books)
  • You for Her (The Edge of Retaliation, #2)
  • Then and Now (The Edge of Retaliation #3)