Start by marking “This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)” as Want to Read:
This for That (The Edge of Retaliation, #1)

This for That

(The Edge of Retaliation #1)

What would you do, for revenge?

Dear Diary,
Oh, who am I kidding?

Dear Life,
You’re cruel. You’re heartless. You’re sick. You’re really damned twisted.
Do you know that?
Nope…
Still doesn’t cut it.

Dear Fate…yeah, that’s the one.

Dear Fate,
What the actual hell?
What exactly did I do to deserve the life you paved for me?
Did I bother you so?
Was I awful?
Did I not pray
Published July 23rd 2019

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'THIS FOR THAT' is the first romantic | Suspense book in Bella Jewels 'The Edge of Retaliation' series.

With the crazy cover!! And the synopsis plus the fact that I haven't read anything by this author for awhile I had to get my grabby hands on this one!!

One night just wanting to be a normal teenager and deciding to take her mother's car for a joy ride to the lake along with her close friends, had dire consequences, all it took was one split second for things to go pear shaped, and all their lives will b
Wendy

I am an avid "Bella Jewel" reader. She writes it and I have to read it, some of her biker books are in my top reads of all time. Now the blurb for this one really had me intrigued because it doesn't really give away much...Just like my review won't 8395d0eafef930eaeb828283ccf84f9f1111

I'm mean gif - Google zoeken

As much as I wanted to know what this book was about...because I do love my spoilers...I am glad I went in kind of blind. If you really want to enjoy this story...stay away from any spoilers.

This book wasn't like anything I expected and from the very first page, I scooted to the e

"Bella
Carla Bulian
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew it!!!!
Great book!!!!
Anne OK
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series -- one I just found out will have three books instead of the two already published. That stopped me in my tracks -- and I'm not sure I'm happy about it either.

Book One was a hard read -- my heart pounded and I felt ill for a young girl caught in something of her own making, yet tragically so. The characters were intriguing and the plot set up perfectly.

And after being left hanging from a cliffy, I am ready to return to my Kindle and begin reading Book Two in the con
Kylee
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, where do I start...….. first off just so people don't think this review is going to be negative, this book is a MASSIVE FIVE STAR READ!!!! Callie's story is one of heartbreak, devastation and showing us how one simple decision that seemed such a great idea at the time can change so many lives in the blink of an eye. Judgements were made and as time has gone by this has not eased. As Callie tries to make peace and finally lay her past to rest, old friend karma, life and fate just might have ...more
Anna
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cover looked kind of interesting so why not...

One fateful night, Callie and her 3 girlfriends decided to steal her moms car and go out for some fun. Taking her eyes off the road for just a second cost the 16 year old dearly when she accidentally hits and kills a pedestrian. Callie swears the girl walked out in front of her on purpose. But that’s a tough case to sell in court when all her family and friends testify that she was happy and healthy, not suicidal. Callie goes down for inv
Doris
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!!!!! Can you say CLIFFHANGER. Need the next one NOW!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Stars ~

OMG!! How could it end like that?? I need the next book NOW!!

This For That : The Edge Of Retaliation was an AMAZING story!! I was absolutely hooked right from the beginning. And let me tell you it didn’t let me go until the very end. And even then I’m still hanging on!! This book is going to be on my mind until I get the rest of the story!!

As you can guess this book ends on a cliffhanger and it was BRUTAL/>~
LaToya Toney
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Claudia Cardoz
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. OMG. OMG. I felt like I was on a wild ride of love, pain, mistakes, retribution, passion and delicious hotness. But no I don't feel like I can justify in words what an amazing book this is.

My heart JUST FELT so much for Callie. So much. When one mistake in your life causes such far fetching ripple effect on not only your life but also on several others. When you are battling the worst enemy....Yourself. The crushing pain and regret and yet a will to fight, to survive.

Between the sheets book reviews
This for that

BELLA JEWEL

WOW!!!!! I could NOT put this down . From page 1 right until the end was such an exhilarating ride.
This story gave us such heartache, pain, so much angst, and suspense I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time .

I can in NO way give any of the story away in this review without the fear of taking it too far . You HAVE to read it for yourselves and experience every single extraordinary moment through your own eyes.
I will say that ... Damn!!!! In some parts I h
Abby McCarthy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book starts off with Callie, a teenage girl who takes her mom's car out. This was kind of difficult for me to read-- this scene, and solely for personal reasons. Callie crashes her car and changes the lives of so many young women. A close family member of mine was the sole survivor of a crash in high school. So, I started off uneasy.

Reading, you're quickly thrown into the future moving between the past and present. I was right yesterday when I knew I'd get some steam from
Vickie
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a new series and what a book it is. I struggled to put this book down, the story had me completely hooked. This is going to be a short, vague review because this book needs to be read without spoilers.

Callie made a mistake. We’ve all made them but Callie’s mistake ends up changing her life forever. I loved Callie. She’s paid for her mistake and genuinely wants to make things right even though someone seems determined to stop her. She’s ready to move on and make up for
Julie
Wow! What a heartbreaking story. And we’re left with some crazy questions that will drive us nuts until we’re are giving answers. I thought I had it, but BAM I was knocked for six with this one.

Callie had done a foolish thing, she was young and didn’t deserve the complete destruction of her young life. She paid her dues and now tries to begin again but first she want’s answers with the help from new friends Tanner and Ethan.

Told in past and present time, this is a heart w
Julie Jackson
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

First let me say that each book I read by the Author is absolutely phenomenal. This one follows the same. Callie is a broken young woman. Her past will never let her live in peace. Ethan has been her rock and more like a brother to her. He kept her safe. Tanner is the man of her dreams until her dreams become a nightmare. Will she ever be able to live fully? I can’t wait until the next book. Excellent writing.
Kim Carter
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cliffy, series
Cliffy ALERT....Cliffy ALERT!
I like really need to know how all these folks know each other and who is out to get who is this newly released suspense by Belly Jewel...looking forward to the next installment. Unfortunately it took me forever to get this read....adulating..it kind of stinks sometimes.
Tracy Wilkin
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This for That: The Edge of Retaliation Book 1 is the newest thrilling story by Bella Jewel. I was highly excited to be reading this release. My heart galloped in anticipation and my mind was open to endless possibility. You just never know where a Bella Jewel story will take you.

This for That took me on a tumultuous ride. Tantalising, mesmirising and breathtaking. The characters swept me away dramatically and emphatically. My mind was blown, my heart was owned, and I was bewitched by the wonder
Sana
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The one thing that came out of my mouth when I reached the end is:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WOMAN?

Rebecca
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Because life is a goddamned sadistic bitch with dry, bitter sense of humor. Life likes fucking you. So get used to it.”

That’s what Bella Jewel’s latest heroine in her newest release, This for That, offers up to readers in the early pages of the story, and what follows after that bleak and abysmal explanation is proof as to why Callie feels that way and the circumstances that led her to that conclusion.

This for that…it seems like such a simple idea; it's almost like cause/effect, so
Jessica Roessler
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think that this be the 1st book that I have read by Bella Jewel, but it certainly will NOT be the last.
This book held my attention from page 1, and I am so happy that I decided to give it the try, even though I wasn't 100% sure what it was going to be about, because the blurb is somewhat vague.
In the end, I ended up being addicted to this story, and I think that if you give this story a chance, it will have you addicted as well!

This for That starts off in a flashback to
Renee
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Dear Diary,
Oh who am I kidding??

Dear Life,
You're cruel. Your heartless. You're sick. You're really twisted.
Do you know that?
Nope....
Still doens't cut it.

Dear Fate...yeah, that's the one.
Dear Fate,
What the actual crap?
What exactly did I do to deserve the life you paved for me?
Did I bother you so?
Was I awful?
You took my li
Rebecca Ernst Vazquez
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I've read from Bella Jewel that was not an MC book and it was so good! I'm often pulled into a book by the cover and this one definitely drew me in, and then I look at the blurb and I loved this one because it gave enough without giving away what the story was actually about. I just knew I was getting ready to read about a broken girl with a story to tell.

This For That introduces us to Callie, a girl being thrust back into the world after a traumatic and life-changing ev
Johnaka
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This for That by Bella Jewel
“Romantic suspense, 3 stars”

Alrightly…. So, I just saw Bella Jewel and jumped on it. I typically enjoy her stories. But This for That had me scratching my head. So, in This for That the heroine starts off as a teenager who is out joyriding with her three best friends. I’m sold at this point even though I know something bad is about to happen. Then the bad happens in the form of a car accident that happens to kill someone else, one of her friends is s
bookbabereviews / brianna j.
UMMM. Okay so I had NO clue what to expect when I started reading this book. I was NOT dissapointed.

Bella Jewel managed to write one of the most interesting female characters I've read in the longest time. I don't want to give anything away because I think this book should be read without knowing much about it but I will say that our main heroine is a total badass.

This girl has been dealt the worlds shittiest cards and reading her story was actually a little bit difficult for me because I felt
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
This for That was Spectacular! I’m talking Earthshaking, eye opening, will blow you away and leave you hanging on every word kinda Amazing! Never have I devoured a book so quickly! I was up till 2 am because I just had to finish it and now I don’t know what to do with myself! I was up all hours of the night tossing and turning with This book running through my mind. The Emotional pull this book has is just astounding, it had me shaking and gasping for breath through my tears! It’s real and raw! ...more
Debbie
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for this brilliant, thrilling, suspense filled story

You know that saying don't judge a book by it's cover? Well F**k that because that's exactly what I did and I was spot on the mark.

The cover - the brilliant photo that peaked my interest, that had me stopping every time I saw someone promoting the book on Facebook. I was intrigued. The cover art, the story, the writing and the shock and awe are freaking brilliant!

I want to say how well I connected with the cha
She's a Lip Biter
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Multiple Reviews Below

5Stars
Holy Heck, what a story I couldn’t put it down! This book literally drags you in, holds you hostage and doesn’t let go...even at the end because you’re still pondering on what will happen next in book two.

To say that this is brilliantly written is understating things dramatically. I am in awe of the way this author builds up the tempo in the book to such a crescendo that you actually feel like your heart is beating out of your chest cavit
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY EVERLOVIN' HELL! This for That is the first book in The Edge of Retaliation series, and man it messed with my head big time. See, Callie is a good girl who makes a mistake one night that have far reaching consequences, and she pretty much loses everyone in her life, not to mention a good portion of her life. She finally has the chance to start over, and things seem to be going well, except for the fact that she feels a burning need to clear her name, and make amends to those who were affec ...more
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in a new series from Bella a what a delicious mystery it is. This is Callie's story and what happens after she makes one bad fateful mistake. From that moment her life changes and nothing will be the same again.

Although at times not an easy read it was addictive I couldn't stop once I started. I felt such anger for her, she was let down by her friends, family and the system. The writing makes you feel like your right there experiencing it all with her. The pain and disappointment
Michele A.
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Callie's life changes irrevocably when she steals her mother's car, and things go horribly wrong. She is left to pay a huge price, 6 years of her life. Upon re-entering the world she once knew, she finds her best friend, Jo, to be one of her sole supporters. I had an issue with Callie at points. She blames her mother and father for abandoning her when she says she needed them the most. She claimed to understand that she needed to take responsibility, yet still blamed anyone and everyone she coul ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Heya!! My name is Bella, I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat so stop on by x