Start by marking “Sea of Treason (Pirate's Bluff, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sea of Treason (Pirate's Bluff, #1)

Sea of Treason

(Pirate's Bluff #1)

Whatever you do, don’t fall in love

When Whitley winds up on the top of a pirate hit-list, she finds an unlikely savior. Bluff, a pirate who can transform his appearance to mimic anyone, sweeps her away and sneaks her onto his ship to avoid capture.

But Bluff has his own reasons to ensure her safety and he has no intention of letting Whitley in on his secrets. Pirates and
Published July 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Treason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Treason

Start your review of Sea of Treason (Pirate's Bluff, #1)
Mandie
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story! It was such a fun read!! So much excitement and adventure!
Kelley York
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVE the atmosphere, the romance, the setting, the characters. Fantasy mixed with pirates and a historical setting? Sign me up.
Shari
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sea of Treason, Pirate’s Bluff, by Stacey Trombley was incredible. Imaginative and full of swashbuckling adventure with a bit of magic and clean romance.

The characters were so real, I got sucked into the story right away, which is pretty rare for me. Whitley was sheltered but not weak. I loved her fierce, adventure-hungry spirit. Bluff was the perfect lovable pirate. Daunting villains, like a bloodthirsty pirate captain and twisted siren, dubious friends, and plot twists galore kept me
Katie Ryan
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good read and was drawn into it from the beginning. I can't wait to read the next books to follow their story!
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yabs
Final Rating: 4.5 stars

I haven't read a pirate/sea adventure for a while, and it was exciting to read this one! I was offered a digital copy from the author, this does not affect my review. I loved the tone of this story, so atmospheric and it fit well with the story, full of romance, action, adventure, and fantasy elements, everything I need in a good seaside story! I'm excited that this is the first in the series, as I can't wait to spend more time in this series!

From the start, I knew I was
Nicole Vanadia Davis
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun read and quite original. I've not read many pirate/siren stories. I enjoyed the switching narration. I feel it helps build the characters and they were quite defined in this story. The imagery was spectacular as well as the setting for the story. The plot progressed well but I had an issue with the lack of explanation of the prophecy and Bluff's unique powers. Where did the prophecy come from and why does it exist in the grand scheme? The execution was great but it lacked the ...more
Natasha
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t know how to describe this book. I guess it’s a historical paranormal romance that ends in a cliffhanger. I didn’t know it was an incomplete story until I got to the end of the book and there was no resolution.

This book just came out and there are supposed to be two more books in this series which covers the adventures of Bluff, son of a human father and a siren, and Whitley, an American heiress of sorts. Well, she’s not a true heiress because her dad made his money by swindling people
Karen
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow wow wow!!! This was such a thrilling read! I'm having serious withdrawal issues right now, how will I survive the wait for book 2?!

This was an amazing and absolutely compelling read. A perfect blend of mystery and excitement, romance, adventure and suspense. A movie-worthy YA escape from real life.
Sirens, pirates and the strangest of magics, who can Whitley truly trust? Who is friend and who is foe?? And what's with that dark, doom-filIed prophecy?

I loved the pacing, the atmospere and the
Ashlee Olson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC copy which in no way changed how much I love this book!

This book is full of adventure and romance with a dash of magic and mythical creatures. It is imaginative and wonderfully written with characters that suck you into the story. Captivating you from the time you start reading until the very last word. Full of friends and foes and magical creatures in between. A fun filled, action packed adventure that doesn’t disappoint. A definite must read.

This is the first book I’ve
Lori
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

This was such a good book, words are hard to describe it.
Sirens, ships, shapeshifting, moody pirates, prophecies, and a really swoon-worthy romance. Written from both Whitley and Bluff's perspectives, it shows both sides of the awesome love story and the angst that goes with it.
Bluff is a mysterious pirate with some family issues that prevent him from opening up to anyone. Whitley, of course, turns him on his head and gets
A.Female.Bibliophile's

1. It's an enjoyable historical, paranormal romance book
2. Sirens, pirates, magic
3. Unpredictable plot twists

Why I didn't give this book 5 Stars:
-We still don't fully understand Whitley's connection to Bluff or Whitley's magical abilities
-While the characters were great, I didn't fall in love with them (this is a more of a me problem)
-Ends with a cliffhanger

I definitely plan to read the sequel will make sure to keep an eye out for
Terra
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sea of Treason is an amazing story.
Unpredictable and enchanting. This was a great Fantasy book of Sirens. I enjoyed this story. It was well written, fast paced and very easy to just get lost into this fantasy world.

Now, the cliff hanger. Wow! Hopefully we don't have to wait to long. I am so glad I read this book!!!
Sandy
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That small bit of fantasy.
Wow, this was an amazing read the characters, the storyline and the wonderful twists made this one grand read. There was excitement and adventure a true swashbuckling pirate story and a wonderful romance. I cannot wait until I can read more of this series! I did receive a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
Christy Hancock
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well I'll start off by saying I finished this in less than 24 hours. I had trouble putting it down. Such a fun take on a siren (and pirate) story. The characters were fun and witty and I loved them almost instantly. Action and adventure abound throughout the entire book. Super fun read from start to finish!
Emily Chabot
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loooooovveed this book! Definitely one of those stories that is compelling and dangerous - it's impossible to put down! Warning, however, the ending is a major cliffhanger and leaves the reader with so many unanswered questions. What will happen next?
Hopefully, the second book will give us more answers than questions!
Amanda Matula
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whitley and Bluff are an unlikely pair, but fate has brought them together. Stacey Trombley weaves a captivating story complete with pirates, sirens, and Bluff's unusual gift. The character development was well done. I was entertained from the first page to the last. I hope we haven't seen the last of Whitley and Bluff.
Barbara
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Pirate's Bluff series it does end on a cliff-hanger so I will be reading the next book to see what is going to happen. So far it is a good story that kept me turning pages. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Glenda Dykstra
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tale

Interesting take on siren legend. Bluff definitely doesn't fit any mold and W is definitely not. I would definitely recommend it as clean and teen friendly with enough meat to keep adults interested
Christina Renee
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the moment I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! Whitley and Bluff immediately pull you into their story and you can't help but root for them the entire time. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
D
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sea of Treason

It was the cover that drew me to this book, but it was the story that kept me interested. You can never go wrong with fantasy sprinkled with romance. Well, that is not necessarily true, but "Sea of Treason" is a fantasy and romance reader's happy place.
Quinesia Johnson
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read abt 1/4 through, then skimmed. very YA. interesting plot. not as engaging as some indies, but still to be considered a hidden gem.
Elizabeth Raley
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read! I loved the characters, setting and storyline. I am so excited to read what will happen next! I want to read more!!
Zuzana899
DNF 20 %. I didn’t like the writing
Jessica
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a free ebook. I am glad I did! I cannot wait to read more of Bluff and Whitley. Very anxious for the next book!
Arorra Davis
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this book. But realizing it’s only the first book in a series, on the last page.... is torturous. ...more
Grace
Sep 29, 2019
Y
Dec 23, 2019

• When Wishes Bleed
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Marvels and Misfits (Trixie Towers, #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Midnight Secrets (The Vampire Legacy #1)
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • Deception So Deadly (Deception So, #1)
  • Deception So Dark (Deception So #2)
  • Hunter Trials (The Vampire Legacy #2)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • Cursed Beauty (Fantasy and Fairytales, #7)
  • City of Wishes 6: The Everafter Wish
  • Feather (Angels of Elysium, #1)
  • Life (Citizens of Logan Pond, #1)
  • Liberty (Citizens of Logan Pond, #2)
  • The Pursuit (Citizens of Logan Pond, #3)
Stacey Trombley is a Casino pit boss by night, YA author by day. Her places to Travel list is almost as long as her to-read list. She has worked as a freelance developmental editor, Pitch Wars mentor and blogger with Middle Grade Minded.

Follow her Travel Vlog on YouTube: TEAMTROM TRAVELS

and her writing journey on Instagram or Twitter @Trombolii

www.StaceyTrombley.com

Pirate's Bluff (3 books)
  • Bound by the Depths (Pirate's Bluff #2)
  • Treacherous Love (Pirate's Bluff Book 3)