Start by marking “The Seal” as Want to Read:
The Seal

The Seal

The djinn are dying. Only a young woman wielding a deadly new magic can save them.

Just weeks before her ordination as a magus, Roshan is kidnapped. Taught to weave djinn magic, she leads a life of crime stealing empire secrets.
When Roshan witnesses the high magus’ persecution of daevas—djinn who’ve lost their powers—she agrees to help search for the seal, a ring once used
Published August 1st 2019 by P in C Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Seal, please sign up.
J.F. Mehentee Hi Lionel.
Sorry for the very late reply!
The book is available in paperback on Amazon.
Take care
Jehangir

Selbi
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The Seal invited us into the most intriguing of worlds, the world of magic and entities, unknown and unseen, yet omnipresent and ever-so-powerful. The book, being quite short in length, introduced a myriad of characters, all different from each other yet united in their fight and struggle to attain and live by the principles they believe in. What a great book it was to read, even though, it was not without its faults.

First, the magic and the representation of religion in this book was off the wa
Ferien_uk
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
YA fantasy about Djinn, magic and religion. A short book featuring many characters with interweaving storylines.

Considering how short this book is, there were a lot of characters and interweaving storylines. Somehow it all worked. The author clearly has a strong knowledge of this world, or possibly just had access to a good reference book as the descriptions weren’t very in-depth. As I read this on Kindle, I was able to make use of the inbuilt dictionary feature to look up some of the terms I wa
Elena Linville
Unfortunately, I will not be leaving a review for this book, because it didn't touch me enough to finish it. I read half of the 142 pages story until I realized that I couldn't care for any of the characters. They all sound the same, they all think the same. They have no distinct personalities. Heck, but mid-story, I still couldn't get most of their names straight because none of them stood out. Well, maybe the protagonist, but only because she is the typical Mary Sue Chosen one.

Sorry, I'll pas
Kat Ayres
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well written book, but it’s definitely most suited for a particular ethno-religious group. I had to do a fair amount of googling to understand what was going on. It’s a good book, but it’s not going to appeal to the mainstream population- and that’s totally ok! 1 star deducted for inability to cross over to the mainstream.

I received this from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Katie
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi, ya
* Received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review *

A fairly short fantasy story but good. The plot line is quite imaginative and the characters are engaging but I think the author needs to spend more time fleshing out his characters and building his world - everything was a bit 2D. Also, I think it needs to be made clear if it is set in this world or a fantasy world. To me it seemed like a fantasy world but for the Judaeo-Christian references to God and Solomon so I was a bit co
Martin Owton
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable multi-view point story exploring djinn magic. The unusual magic system is central to the story. Well-written and paced with well-drawn characters. Very much part 1 of a to-be-continued series as no plot arcs are resolved.
Veselina
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book!
I loved the idea about a book with djinn magic.
At the beginning the book grabbed my attention and I really enjoyed the start with all the mystery around Roshan and her brother but somewhere in the middle I felt stuck and the story was not moving and felt very boring.
I managed to finish the book but I feel like something is missing and the story is not developed enough for me to continue with the series.
Genna
Laura Sharp-wilson
Sep 07, 2019
D.
Sep 07, 2019
J F Mehentee is a British-born Asian with Persian ancestry. A lifelong reader of fantasy and science fiction, he’s always looking for ways to combine his interest in Asian and Middle Eastern mythology with storytelling.
After spending three years in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, he now lives in Colombo, Sri Lanka, where he writes full-time—all the while dreaming of one day playing jazz flute like Ron Burgu