Start by marking “Fallout” as Want to Read:
Fallout

Fallout

IndieBRAG Medallion Honouree

WHEN EVERYTHING FALLS APART, WHAT CAN YOU DO?

The year is 3040.

The location is Exxon 1, part of a six-planet system in settled space.

Determined to avoid the mistakes of old Earth, the surviving humans avoided democracy and opted, instead, for a non-elective totalitarian system.

The new way worked well, until now.

A crazy, despotic preside
Kindle Edition
Published by Harmony Kent Author Services (first published August 25th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Fallout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallout

Start your review of Fallout
D.L. Finn
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Fallout” is a post-apocalyptic story that left me thinking and then rethinking again. Set in space where humans settle after the earth becomes uninhabitable, a virus is released changing their way of life. My favorite character, Priya is alone and brutally attacked. Her strength and relationships with the other characters had me rooting for her, and I loved the pet she acquired. Told through several POVs, the reader gets a full picture of a complicated situation that I enjoyed. The characters a ...more
John W. Howell
Jun 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don’t read too many post-apocalyptic novels, but the blurb on this one caught my attention. These three lines made me buy the book and look forward to reading it. “A crazy, despotic president releases a nano-virus on the population. No one was ready for the fallout. It came anyway. In this post-apocalyptic world, can you stay safe?”

My good faith gamble on the blurb paid off by an excellent plot and exciting story. I’m not going to relay the full scenario here but would instead focus on my over
Joan Hall
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Imagine yourself in the post-apocalyptic future after your world has been devastated by a virus. Add to that you’re in a place where no one can be trusted.

That’s what happens to Pryia, the MC in Fallout. Harmony Kent has done an excellent job at world-building and in creating multi-faceted characters where no one is as they seem. The plot is fast-paced, guaranteed to keep you on your seat and guessing until the end.
Mae Clair
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fallout by Harmony Kent is a dark, gritty, twisted apocalyptic story guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat. Exxon 1 has been devastated by a virus, the planet an inhospitable environment where no one can be trusted, especially the planet’s president who is responsible for the outbreak. While people succumb to the virus and others struggle to resist, a vial containing a potential cure becomes the focus of ruthless individuals.

Pryia, a young woman who finds out just how savage her devast
gj indieBRAG
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that FALLOUT by Harmony Kent is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Roberta Cheadle
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fallout is a dystopian novel which reflects a future world where technology has become such an integral part of society and human life that people rely on implants to advise them on every aspect of their daily life from judging human nature to security to undertaking work tasks. People work and live in zones together with others who have similar jobs, lifestyles and capabilities to their own.

When a disruption, on the form of a virus, impacts on the smooth routine of peoples lives, they find the
Staci Troilo
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Title Says it All; There’s Fallout!

I’ve been in sci-fi mode recently, and Fallout caught my attention. I’ve enjoyed other works by this author and was eager to give this story a try.

This story reminded me of a space-version of The Casual Vacancy—political power is up for grabs and everyone is keeping secrets. The duplicity is multi-layered and deliciously dark. Every time I thought someone had hit rock bottom, I was surprised to find another twist.

Exxon 1 is part futuristic, part dystopian,
Gwendolyn Plano
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A year ago I purchased Fallout, but I only began reading it this week. I'm stunned. The story grabs and drags the reader down the back alleys of powerful, destructive people. Through unforgettable characters, readers experience a world controlled by fear--instilled by power-hungry demagogues. For a futuristic novel, this one is eerily current, replete with threats from an unknown virus and implants that control the people's lives. Kent is a strong and effective writer. She is someone we all need ...more
Terryjo
Sep 26, 2019
Jessica Bakkers
Jul 06, 2020

• Eternal Road: The final stop
  • Voyage of the Lanternfish (The Lanternfish #1)
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Jewel
  • Viral Blues (The Hat #2)
  • Death Among Us: An Anthology of Murder Mystery Short Stories
  • Eventide (Hode's Hill, #3)
  • NO PEDIGREE: A Really Short Story
  • The Scout: Dark Crossings
  • Legend of the Walking Dead: Igbo Mythologies
  • Mistletoe Inn
  • Forgotten Bones (Dead Remaining #1)
  • The Thorn Birds
  • Through the Nethergate
  • Survival of the Fittest (the Crossroads Trilogy Book 1)
  • Mind in Chains (The Mind Sleuth Series Book 3)
  • Wind Chimes, War and Consequence:  A Novel of the Vietnam War Era
Indie Author Harmony Kent is an award winning multi-genre author. Her publications include:

The Battle for Brisingamen (Fantasy Fiction) AIA approved
The Glade (Mystery/Thriller) AIA Approved/BRAG Medallion Honouree/New Apple Literary Awards Official Selection Honours 2015
Polish Your Prose: Essential Editing Tips for Authors (Writing/Editing) New Apple Literary Awards Top Medallist Honours 2015
Find

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...