Start by marking “Dead End Girl (Violet Darger, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead End Girl (Violet Darger, #1)

Dead End Girl

(Violet Darger #1)

Her body is broken. Wrapped in plastic. Dumped on the side of the road. She is the first. There will be more.

The serial killer thriller that "refuses to let go until you've read the last sentence."

The most recent body was discovered in the grease dumpster behind a Burger King. Dismembered. Shoved into two garbage bags and lowered into the murky oil.

Now rookie agent Violet
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published April 20th 2017 by Smarmy Press (first published April 12th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dead End Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead End Girl

Terry
Jul 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not impressed ...FYI - Spoilers!

If Violet "smirked" just once more, I swear I was going to delete the entire stupid book. Pages of crap supposedly the inner thoughts of a psycho sex killer?! NOT. The in-fighting about male territorial turf among blues and feebs? Overdone. The guilt-tripping of said LEO's? Not buying it. It was all one big screw up including the ending. NO FBI AGENT ACTS LIKE SHE DID ... running off without a word, immediately after capturing the alleged killer, ALONE? No phone?
Tania Michelle
Mar 19, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am dumbfounded at how highly rated this book was. I found it to be incredibly disappointing. I don't know how anyone thinks this is a "fast paced exhilarating thriller." It was way too long and way too slow. I had to start skimming the last 100 pages. Great! They finally catch the psycho at the end who we already know who it is the whole time. I was hoping some crazy twist to prevail, guessing that maybe Detective Loshak was the killer himself and the reasoning for being so sick. What was the ...more
eden Hudson
Dead End Girl is a tightly woven, fast-paced, tension-laced thrill ride. How do I know? Because it's 496 pages long and it felt like reading a novella. For pretty much two days I did nothing but read this book and wish it would never end. By the end of the first chapter, Violet felt like an old friend; I just wanted to hang out and watch her solve grisly serial murders forever.

Because of the serial killer and the FBI trainee with the haunted past chasing him, the obvious comparison is Silence of
Erth
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a long rollercoaster ride! The book started off full of excitement, tension and mystery but then slows down. A chapter or two later it becomes a page turner again then slows down. It appears the author is attempting to stretch out the story. There were 119 chapters one third of them were slow and looong two thirds were fast reading and exciting.

All in all, I enjoyed the book. The story was enjoyable and creative.
Rod
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best Thrillers i have read recently there has been so many I will have to give this book 5 stars it was a page turner grab it if you want a good grizzly story about a very sick serial Killer
he really takes the cake this guy pleased this is only fiction
we wouldn't want sickos like him in society
Kate
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome crime/thriller/suspense novel. Steady but fast action with lots of twists and turns takes us on this journey and since I love the authors, I can't wait to see what comes next for Violet-I know it wlll be amazing!
Tammy  Zautner
DNF

About 25% or so I decided it was time to put this book down and walk away. It was so slow moving, other than the gore there wasn't much to keep my attention.

From all the high ratings, maybe it got better. I'll never know. I did skim to the end and read the last 10%, just so I could find out the who done it aspect.
D.J. Adamson
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Violet Dagar, FBI Thriller, Book . The story is fast-paced and intricately woven.
A victim is found wrapped in plastic. Dumped on the side of the road. Just the first of other victims to come in this psychological thriller.

Reviewed in Le Coeur de l'Artiste http://www.djadamson.com/le-coeur-de-...
Page Turner
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A page turner that keeps you guessing until the end! I was sure I had figured everything out - and then a twist at the end dropped my jaw! A good read.
ReadingGirlReviews (Gina)
Who doesn't like a fast paced suspense novel? You know, something that just grabs you from the beginning and won't let go. Well the answer is obviously these authors.
This book was just way too long. About 200 pages too long to be more precise. There was no fast pace and there were way too many times that I said out loud "I just can't read this anymore." Look, I understand the need to be descriptive in psychological thrillers, but describing every bite of a sandwich, every smell in the air and e
Barb
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet Darger if you glance at it quickly looks like Violent Danger, hmm?
This was really good. The closer I got to the ending the harder this was to put down! I don't usually seek out serial killer type books because they can be so over-the-top disturbing. This one definitely had some gruesome stuff but it was well written & stopped the descriptions at just the right point in my opinion. (view spoiler)
Mrs. Christine Chadwick
Found the names so annoying put the book down

Great story line, some of the writing a bit weak, but the names of the characters was a deal breaker. Every time the name Darger came up my brain paused and asked if it Dar ger or Darg er. I hated both but preferred the 2nd. There were several other names i found equally difficult to pronounce. I found myself stumbling over the names just too annoying it was giving me a headache. Sorry, could have been a good book but just to painful to read.
Amy
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very ok

This book wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I felt no affinity for any of the characters, especially Violet. She annoyed me and seemed way too naive to be an FBI agent. Then there was the over explanation of every little thing. Many times I wanted the story to move along already. It's like, ok I get it, he's sad. All-in-all, if you're looking for a good series go with John Sanford or Mo Hayder.
Michael W Duggan
Heartstopping

This is my first L.T.Vargas book but it sure won't be my last. I couldn't put this thriller down. It grabbed be and pulled me in from beginning til end. I've already ordered the next Violet Darger book. Pageturning psychological thriller!!!
Paris Abell
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great thriller. I didn't expect to find it so gripping and such a good read. Great characters. Engaging story. Scary bad guy. Just the whole package. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good thriller.
Kathleen (QueenKatieMae)
A serial killer has struck for the third time in Athens, Georgia and the FBI sends in it’s most talented profiler, Agent Violet Darger. Although still a novice, Darger’s boss also sends her to Georgia to “babysit” the vet agent heading the investigation. Although he wrote a book about serial murderers, apparently Agent Loshak is a slacker when it comes to paperwork and communication. When Darger arrives, she brings attitude and a haunted past. She also has the tendency to cause colossal eye-roll ...more
Melanie Foxfire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was reading another book when I started this book. I didn't mean to read it right away, I just wanted to see what it was like. Four hours later I was in bed and should have been asleep for three of those hours and I couldn't sleep. So maybe don't start this book at bedtime...lol. It's a page turner, I didn't notice how long this book is until I finished it.

This book reminds me of some of my favorite books in the crime thriller genre - Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, The Collector by John Fowles,
Tammy
Dead End Girl started off nicely with introduction to Violet Darger as she helped local police catch a serial killer. Average plot but Violet was likable until half of the book....when the investigation was put on a sideline and here came romance follow by cliche after cliche of everything from Violet got duped, her past reveal (tactless), punishment from boss and so on. Those cliches not only boring but turned Violet’s character into a childish, whining, weak and naive rookie when at first she ...more
Judy
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Took me awhile to read because so busy with Christmas stuff but it was very good. FBI profiler Vargas comes to investigate a serial killer the have named the Doll Parts killer. Book gets very intense at the end, will definitely read next book in the series!
JadeShea
The plot was interesting, but the heroine got annoying at times.
Patricia Kaniasty
Very excellent!!! Kept me turning the pages long into the night. New genre for me and I loved it.
Rizzo Boone
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read from 2 new authors to me

Very enjoyable book and characters really never wanted to put it down kept me hungry for more can’t wait to start the next one !
Ariel
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A lot smarter than the average serial killer mystery, I’m immediately starting the next book in the series.
Maria Riegger
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced thriller. If you like forensic and true crime shows, and/or if you like Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series, you will enjoy this read. Warning: It is not for the faint of heart!
Dee

"Alright" not a word
Yvonne
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Solid action read. I enjoyed it enough to download #2 in the series.
Nora
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was too long and the plot took too long to unfold. I guessed the storyline-third through the book.
Zane
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dead End Good!

This book was nothing like l expected it would be. Talk about full of twists and turns and a surprise ending...all of that and more.
Caroline Harridence
At last a decent book on Kindle Unlimited

Excellent page turning thriller. So good to read a "proper" book on the Kindle service. Well written and thoroughly recommended.
Karen
Better than expected! A good beach book.
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong edition for book locked for edits 2 20 May 20, 2018 02:20AM

• Tin Men
  • The Fatal Heir (Gillian Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Outsider (Detective Ash Rashid #2)
  • Dark Road Home (Gin Sullivan, #1)
  • The Dead House (Fiona Griffiths, #5)
  • Strictly Professional (Strictly Professional, #1)
  • The Voice Inside (Frost Easton, #2)
  • Next Girl On The List (McRyan Mystery Series, #6)
  • Eyes of the Predator (The Hunters, #1)
  • The Scattered and the Dead Book 1.5
  • The Priest (The Luke Titan Chronicles #2)
  • Tempered (The St. Croix Chronicles, #4)
  • American Woman
  • The Money Kill
  • Impulse
  • Helsinki Blood (Inspector Kari Vaara, #4)
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
  • Wicked Little Words

Violet Darger (5 books)
  • Killing Season (Violet Darger #2)
  • The Girl in the Sand (Violet Darger #3)
  • Bad Blood (Violet Darger, #4)
  • Five Days Post Mortem (Violet Darger, #5)
“Their task tonight may be to watch for a serial killer, but all McAdoo wanted, for the moment, was to open his damn snack cake.” 0 likes
“energy. Just consciousness. Here on the physical plane, we all have our little shard of the great soul in our skulls. That’s the divine spark that makes us all who we are, you know? But the pieces can feel that they’re apart from the whole, that they’re sealed off from everyone by a layer of flesh and bone. We can feel that something in our lives is missing. That we are somehow incomplete. And that creates the tension in us that drives us to endless conflict.” 0 likes