Start by marking “Summer Serenade (Quinn Valley Ranch #19)” as Want to Read:
Summer Serenade (Quinn Valley Ranch #19)

Summer Serenade (Quinn Valley Ranch #19)

She wanted to be a star—until he crushed her dreams in front of millions.

When Ivy Quinn’s father dies, her dream of moving to Nashville gets put on hold, but she isn’t giving up on a music career. At least not until country superstar Nash Bennett delivers a devastating critique of her audition…on national television. Returning home to her supportive family and a stable job
Published June 17th 2019 by Cardinal Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Summer Serenade, please sign up.
Melissa I would love to write her story! This was my last book the Quinn Valley Ranch series, but I could probably write hers on her own. I'll have to think…moreI would love to write her story! This was my last book the Quinn Valley Ranch series, but I could probably write hers on her own. I'll have to think about that. Thanks!(less)

Kari Hansen
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy dreamed of pursuing a musical career however it all came crashing down in the most public way which left her devasted. She has made a different life for herself where she helps out at the family’s pub and sings there when the mood strikes.

Nash is a successful country music star is taking a break from touring and is staying in Quinn Valley. He is intrigued when he hears her sign and surprised that she wants nothing to do with him as he doesn’t remember that he is the one that put an end to he
Cheryl
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivy is ultimately very forgiving when she discovers country star Nash Bennett hiding out in her uncle’s hotel. Nash is the reason she gave up on her dreams of moving to Nashville to become a singer/songwriter. He crushed her dreams 10 years earlier, and at first doesn’t even remember doing it.
I will give them both credit for owning up to their mistakes (Nash) and letting go of past slights (Ivy), but the relative speed in which this happened dropped this from a 5 to a 4 star for me. It has noth
CarolKat
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I seem to be finding many multi-author series lately and I am liking the opportunity to read new to me authors. This one is set in Quinn Valley, Nevada and as I am starting it at the end and not the beginning, I will have to go back.

Ivy Quinn writes music and occasionally performs at her siblings bar and grill. Even though they keep telling her to pursue her music she is perfectly happy waitressing and performing once in a while here.

Nash Bennett is in Quinn Valley for R&R and physical thera
Sharon
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy is living her life in Nevada working for the family businesses. She had a dream of becoming a singing sensation but that was brutally crushed and relived through the internet ten years ago.
Nash is a singing sensation that is trying to lay low and recover from a leg injury and all around burn out from being a music star. When he hears Ivy sing he is drawn to her but she wants nothing to do with him. When he is informed of why she is not happy to see him he works to resolve and make up for the
Shari
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet heartwarming romance between Ivy and Nash. Nash has arrived in Quinn Valley for some much needed down time from his music career when he meets local, Ivy. Ivy is a waitress and sings in the local bar at times. Nash loves her voice, but little did he know that he turned down her competition and said she would never make it in the music field when he was a judge. Now he needs to convince Ivy that she has real talent is singing and writing, but soon they can't deny the chemistry that they h ...more
Mindy Lopez
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is Book 19 of the Quinn Valley Ranch Series and can be read as a standalone. It is a sweet, second chance romance between two flawed souls, country music star Nash and aspiring songwriter Ivy. Once they reconnect, it is a journey of self-discovery as Ivy and Nash work through their issues and overcome their challenges. It is refreshing to read the push and pull and ups and downs in their relationship. It is a slow burn love story with more than enough drama, secrets, humor, and love, plus e ...more
Pamela Mitchell
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and tender contemporary romance with unforgettable characters and a beautiful story that kept me entertained and engaged from beginning to end. I loved the raw emotions and undeniable chemistry between Ivy Quinn who dreamed of being a star and country music superstar Nash Bennett who had crushed her dreams ten years before on an American Idol type show. Summer Serenade is a perfect beach book that will give you an afternoon of reading pleasure in the must-read multi-author Quinn Valley R ...more
Sam
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Quinn Valley Ranch series is definitely one of my favorites. This wonderful family in a small town in Idaho with this story focusing on Ivy. Working at the pub but really is an extremely talented singer. Her dreams were crushed on a talent show 10 years ago by her country music idol. Present day he is recovering in seclusion from an injury in none other than Quinn Valley. Showing up at the pub on one of the few nights Ivy is signing and thinks she is great. When he reveals himself to her he ...more
Marie Bourgery
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nash hurt Ivy ten years ago when he went mean judge on her at on a reality show competition. But she’s a much better singer-songwriter now and he wants to work with her. Still it will take a lot to overcome that hurt and trust him. They get closer musically and romantically until Nash listens to the wrong person and has to decide what’s important to him and who he can trust. I watch reality show competitions and I’ve seen how soul crushing some of the judges can be. Some famous singers and music ...more
Barbara
Incognito

Nash Bennett, famous country star is in Quinn Valley to recuperate, but he's bored. Going to the Quinn Pub in disguise seems logical until he meets Ivy Quinn. Her voice mesmerizes him and he lets her in on his secret only to be crushed by her reaction to him. Ten years is a long time for a hurt to fester. Nash has a lot of groveling to do and Ivy and the Quinns have a lot to consider before allowing this man into their live.
This is a fast paced read. Quite enjoyable.
Lisa
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
I enjoyed reading Summer Serenade. I liked Nash and Ivy and enjoyed the character development (personal growth) that both experienced. I loved Ivy's huge and protective family and Nash's foster mom. This story is about second-chances, forgiveness, trust, and going for your dream all couched in a great romance. There is a sweet HEA and a wonderful epilogue. I highly recommend this to readers of clean/wholesome romance. I definitely plan to continue reading Melissa McClone's books! I obtained my c ...more
Sherri Babb
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read in this series. I really love Melissa McClone writing so I thought I would give it a try. I have to say I was not disappointed. This book can be read as a stand alone. I found Ivy and Nash's story to be really sweet, and romantic. A long time ago Nash crushed any dream that Ivy had of becoming singer. Now a decade later they run into each other and Ivy wants nothing to do with him. Nash hears her sing and he wants to help her. Will she let him? Honestly pi ...more
Nethanja
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy and Nash, a famous country star, have a history, for her the worst time of her life while he can’t remember. Now they meet again. Nash is in awe when he hears her sing but she doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. Can he make amends and can she forgive him? Will their love for music bring them together? Take this emotional ride with Nash and Ivy, and the rest of her family.
I really loved this story, Ivy is such a lovable character but I wanted to yell to Nash to not be so stupid, luc
Nadine
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me happy

I thought it was sweet, I thought it was moving. It also had some fun moments. So it was not too heavy at all. It tugged at my heartstrings. I read this as a standalone, BTW, and that was fine!

Ivy was really likeable. She has been hurt deeply - by Nash. He is known as a bad boy, but he ain’t so bad, not really. I really enjoyed their journey to love. At the end of the book I caught myself smiling. Always good when a book leaves you feeling happy!
Diana
Summer Serenade by Melissa McClone
Ivy Quinn is an aspiring song writer and singer and Nash Bennett is a country music superstar who had told Ivy to go home and give up her dream 10 years before when she tried out for a talent show. They meet again when he shows up in her town hiding from public while recovering from an injury. They fall in love but there are obstacles that they have to overcome. I really enjoyed this book and totally recommend to anyone looking for a good book to read. It is the
Cindy Edwards
Wow!!!

This book gives you all the feels!!! Anticipation of what will happen when Nash finding out about why Ivy won't date him. Anger for finding out why. Sadness when he finds out what he did. Hope for their relationship. Anger again when it looks like things won't work out and why. Hope again when he is determined to make it work. And then finally the HEA plus whipped cream and a cherry on top with the epilogue.
Paula
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy has suffered the loss of her father and then the loss of her dream. Ten years later she runs into Nash, the dream killer, and sparks are flying. I loved how he wouldn't give up on her and her dream. They both showed such growth and strength throughout this book. He did aggravate me somewhat toward the end - fame can really taint your thought process. Loved her family and the town. Really sweet ending and great epilogue.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Sarajane Garten
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read, great addition to the series.

Sun, heat, humidity. All meaning we need a new summer read. This was my first book by this author, but I'm sure it won't be my last! How can you not love an author who writes that Grandmothers are the smartest creatures on earth with dolphins a close second? Had my laughing out loud.

The romance is sweet, like they all are.in Quinn Valley. Since we are.not trave!in this summer, QV is my vacation place this year.

Thanks Ms. McClone.
Lynn Smith
Summer Serenade

I had been wondering what Ivy's story was. It has been mentioned in other books but never explained. I love how this story came together. Nash was one of those characters you love until he does something stupid, then you end up hating him. Then he redeems himself.
Loved the book.
Anita Rohn
Ivy

Dreams get sidelined by incidents and the hurt lingers and then one day with a push from family the dreams are real and need to be dreamt. Family sticks together and love helps the stars to align and finally for Ivy the dream becomes a reality. Home will always be there to offer love and support.
Barbara
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again

This story made me smile . I love how the relationship between Ivy and Nash progressed, showing the Quinn family being supportive of Ivy and taking cues from her. Ivy faces her past and grows with her music. Nash is definitely in need of real life centering. Luckily he finds it.
jayne hay
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never give up your dreams

This story was ivy who had given up her dream off being a singer /writer as she had taken part in a tv show looking for singers in her teens but years later proved she was better off that the tv show
Tj Walker
LOVED IT!

I feel like I am back with friends every time a new Quinn Valley Ranch book comes out. This was a great story. Ivy deserved her own book and this one is great! I recommend reading it!
Eileen
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivy and Nash’s sweet story in Summer Serenade was a heartwarming, sweet romance by Melissa McClone, book nineteen in the Quinn Valley series. Country music star Nash Bennett was in Quinn Valley to recover from exhaustion and an injury to his leg while on tour. The former foster child was getting bored while hiding from his fans and struggling to find his creative muse. Ivy Quinn went after that dream of a singing/songwriter career ten years ago when she unsuccessfully auditioned to be on an Amer ...more
Beth
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved how the story brings Ivy and Nash back together again. He learns how he treated Ivy so many years before has impacted her life. She learned from the heartache. Once again, Melissa McClone brings us a romance that we hope real life could replicate!
Love
Beautiful Unexpected Love Story

This is a touching and heartwarming love story with a lot of endearing moments that will definitely touch your heart and soul as they journey towards love understanding and forgiveness.
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Ivy Quinn is living her own country strong. Will it prove to be a ballad of heartache or a duet of second chances? Summer Serenade begins with a dream. One woman dares to follow her heart and ends up facing betrayal, heartbreak and love along the way. Ivy is the dreamer who wants to be star. Nash is the star who has lost the ability to dream. Both have a great deal to learn about falling in love. McClone keeps it simple and captivating with a big time romance.
Wilma K. Campbell
It was wonderful.
Wenk
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quinn Valley

I want to live there! Idyllic location and romance along with Rivers End Ranch. Ivy and Nash do music together. - Babs
Sharon
Shelves: qvr
Wonderful story

Nash- country music singer star
Ivy- waitress that had a dream of being a star in Nashville.
I enjoyed reading this captivating story of dreams and self confidence that is well written and has loveable characters.
Their story has a wonderful HEA.
I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two daughters, son, dog and too many cats! I write "sweeter" contemporary romance novels for Harlequin and Tule Publishing.
“That’s because grandmothers are the most intelligent creatures on this planet. Dolphins are a close second from what I hear.” 0 likes