Start by marking “Never Kiss a Rockstar” as Want to Read:
Never Kiss a Rockstar

Never Kiss a Rockstar

(Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills #2)

ONE NIGHT WITH THE DRUMMER OF SUNSET REVIVAL?
Yes, I'm game.

Dani Mills, drummer of the world-famous band, Sunset Revival, doesn’t have time for romance. Touring with her bandmates across the country, she’s content with meaningless sex: one-night-stands, no kissing, no personal details. These are her rules…and there are never exceptions.

John Michaels lives a life of
Published December 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Never Kiss a Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Kiss a Rockstar

Start your review of Never Kiss a Rockstar
Book-Bosomed  blog
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Dani Mills, 27, is the drummer in a famous band. When her cousin and bandmate fell for a girl in Kill Devil Hills, the group took a hiatus from touring and, while on the coast, ended up crashing at John Michaels’s beach mansion one night. Readers of the original Kill Devil Hills series will remember John, 33, as Sydney’s older brother, who it turns out is a bit of a recluse.

I really liked the premise from the time I read the original blurb so I was anxious to read this one. There are
Peggy M
I received an ARC of this book and this is my voluntarily, honest review of it.

‘Never kiss a rockstar’ is the second book in this new adult rockstar series but can be read as a standalone. But I do think that you will have more insight in this story if you read ‘Never trust a rockstar’ first. For the readers who read the first book, they will have noticed that something was going on between Dani (the drummer of the band) and John. And ‘Never kiss a rockstar’ is their story. I was really curious
Shannon
4.5*

Never Kiss a Rockstar, book 2 in the Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills series, should definitely be read after Never Trust a Rockstar. While I guess you could technically read it as a standalone, you’ll havea much deeper appreciation of the story if you start with the first book!

I love when the “script is flipped” so to speak, and characteristics/traits you’d usually find in the hero are now ones that the heroine possesses. Dani has no room in her life for romance or commitment, she’s happy
Tpagirl
Never Kiss a Rockstar was the second book in Sarah Darlington’s Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills series; also called the Never Trust series.

Although it can be read as a stand-alone, we met Dani and John previously and the plot ran simultaneously with the first book, Never Trust A Rock Star. I appreciated the insight but with a different perspective.

Dani was the drummer in the famous band, Sunset Revival. She was snarky, skeptical and avoided anything that looked like a relationship. One night
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Dani and John love story was everything I was hopping for!
I truly love Sarah Darlington's writing. The way she makes the story flow, is just fantastic.

I loved to get to know John better. He was a character from previous books that always intrigued me. And boy... he is sexy!
The way they couldn't keep their hands off of each other and how they were always understanding one another made me happy!

They both deserved to be happy and I don't think anyone else would perfect for each other. They
Aya
the blurp it says heroine is "she’s content with meaningless sex: one-night-stands" so nope! stay away you gonna ruin my day
Anne Z.
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good contemporary romance novel!
John was a loyal, hard working guy and very sweet. He fell for Dani hard and fast.
Dani is a bit of a wild card. It is easy to tell she is falling for him but it is not easy to tell what she is going to do next.
I kept waiting for this big twist to come in the story and it never really did.
This is a story of how two people meet and proceed to make each other better. Dani and John not just have great chemistry they also push each other to be better
Lita Thomas
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never Kiss a Rockstar (Rockstars in Kill Devil Hill #2) by Sarah Darlington is Dani's story. If you haven't read book one please do. Dani is the drummer for the hit band Sunset Revival. The story picks up with the gang going to John Michael's house for the night when they couldn't get back to their rental property. When Dani lays eyes on John she is instantly interested in him. She doesn't mind having a one night stand with him. That is her m.o. when it comes to guys, hit it and quit it. Her one ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

The rockers of Sunset Revival are back in Kill Devil Hills and this time we meet Dani and John. Her with an aversion of relationships and him hiding the person he used to be.

Dani is the drummer for the band. She has a love them and leave them mentality. One night stands are all she's capable of because the girl thinks she's cursed. When her cousin Caleb lands them in town she meets John. She's never felt an attraction to anyone this way recently and tries to keep her distance yet
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

This is a stand alone book, as are the others, but i do think that you will benefit from reading the previous book in the series, just to get a better background on all the characters.

Dani is the drummer from Sunset Rival and the moment she sees John, she knows that she wants him. What she doesn't know however, is how far she will end up breaking her rules, just for him. John makes her feel safe and the longer she
Book Fanatic
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tattoos. Drums. One night turning into two. Damn this books was everything and so much more.

Dani is the drummer for the global sensation, Sunset Revival. They're band has temporarily stationed in a small town needing a break from your life.

When Dani and her cousins need a place to stay a friend helps them out. The home ends up being John, a quiet, tattooed homebody who doesn't care for people as company.

Dani has her curiosity peaked and with her not having had one night stands for so long she
Sharon
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Never Trust series and it is Dani’s story, the female kick a** drummer of the band Sunset Revival. It picks up where the first book leaves off and everyone is back in the quaint beach town but instead of being able to return to their rental property, they all wind up going to John’s house due to the weather. John is somewhat of a loner who really does not like to be around people as he values his personal space. When Dani sees him, she is intrigued and her
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Sarah Darlington has once again taken us back to Kill Devil Hills in the second book of her brand new series and it feels so good to be part of this world all over again. I absolutely loved how she intertwined my favorite characters from the previous series with my favorite characters from this new series. This follow-up series (although all books can be read and enjoyed as standalones) was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Never Kiss a
Melissa
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dani and John's story is hands down amazing! I am not really into insta love and I really don't think that is what this is. It's more like insta chemistry where the other person just makes everything around you get quiet and calm to the point that you don't want to be away from them. I believe that is who John and Dani are for each other. If you are looking for a book where the wrench is thrown into the mix and that makes the characters take a break, have a fight, break up? Well this isn't that ...more
Emily
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5 I really wish that Goodreads had half star ratings.
I received a free copy to leave an honest review.
Dani is not good with intimacy and love. She has been scarred by and incident in her past that closes her feelings off. She gets by with one night stands and a never kiss on the mouth rule. Then she meets John. John is happy being closed off and has his life how he likes it. When they meet their chemistry explodes. It’s a compelling story, but I just felt like I wanted more. More of Dani in
Pamela
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dani is a drummer in the Sunset Revival band. When the group can't make it back to their rental, they end up staying with John for the night. Dani is instantly attracted to John. She makes a proposition of a one night stand and John's all for it. Dani is hit it and quit it with guys. John is mostly a recluse. A story with two damaged people finding they have more in common than they thought and are interested in an actual relationship. A great read and standalone but reading the first book makes ...more
carrie thackston
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love rockstar books and I love it when the heroine is a rockstar! Dani is the drummer of a very popular band. She doesn't do commitment, likes to have one night stands with strangers and is very guarded. John is very guarded as well. His family is not the best and only want him for what he can do for them. Dani pursues John and they both quickly become attached. I love that both the hero and heroine acknowledge how they feel without too much drama. It is easy to see why these two are perfect ...more
Britney Chavez
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew from starting book 1 that this series was going to be incredible! Sarah Darlington didn’t disappoint with this one.

Omg this book was just gah so good. Finished it in A DAY! The way Sarah writes is so smooth and good. She had this way of just being able to suck you into her story and the world of these characters and it is amazing!

I was so happy to get more about John and Dani! They both are such strong characters and to get more about how they got to be the way they were was the best. I
Kelly (the book hussy)
4.25 Stars

After reading the first book in the series, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Dani and John’s book. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed!
”I fuck men and then I walk away. Period.”
“And I don’t fuck. Period.”
"What do you mean?”
“You’re my first fuck in four years. I don’t like people, especially women. I don’t bother trying. I just don’t bother. I like my solitude. I like my life complication-free, and women are complicated.”
"And I seemed uncomplicated? But now you’re probably
Karin
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dani and Johns story was perfect. She’s in the spotlight while he prefers being on the sidelines until she makes a proposal of a one night stand which he is more then happy to accept but it never really ends there lol. These two both had epic walls guarding themselves but found that without effort and complete ease each one was lowering those walls and unmasking the other and it was great to read it happening!

I voluntarily reviewed a advanced readers copy of this book
Carla
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book, given by the author.

Another amazing story!

Stardom hasn’t made her life any easier, Dani is hiding, and she is really good at it. She has her heart so well protected, that there is no way anyone can even get close enough to get a glimpse of her real self.

John has been hiding too, he escaped his past and now he is just gliding through life, he doesn’t like people close, or people at all, so there
Gretchen Chasse
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sexy, unexpected love story
Juliana Ignácio
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dani Mills hasn't had a serious relationship since she was a teenager, when she lost her then boyfriend in a car accident. But when she meets John Michaels, she is quickly attracted to his beautiful blue eyes and they spend a night together, no strings attached.
However, neither expected the strong attraction that arises between them and soon one night becomes two, three, and they begin to explore the feelings that arise between them.
As they explore this relationship, they will have to learn to
Courtney
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get John and Dani’s story because in the first book we get small glimpses of them together and John is a mysterious character that I knew it was going to be good. John is a loner, he likes his solitude, his tattoo shop, and his sister that is about all because he hates attention and people in general. Dani is a world-famous drummer for a band so her life is always in the spotlight, so you don’t know how these two totally different people will work together. Dani loves the ...more
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I haven’t read the first book in the series so that may affect my review.
With out reading the first book I feel like this book can be read as a standalone.
This was an emotional story and I always love a good emotional book. Dani and John both have a hard-outer shell, but they are both teddy bears on the inside. This book is told in duel POV which I love because I got to see both sides of how they felt for one another.
I was able to read this book in a few hours because I was just so invested in
Jasna Vegar
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. I love rockstar romances, and after I have read Never trust a Rockstar, I couldn't wait for the sequel.
This book is about other member of the group Sunset Revival. It is about the drummer Dani Mills who has an issue with trusting the guys, so she uses them instead. She thought that same will happen with John, the ink master, but boy was she wrong. John also had issues with people, he liked to isolate himself, but Dani somehow got under his skin pretty fast.
I
FS Meurinne
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, arc
I love rockstar romance stories, this second book in the series about Dani Mills, the drummer, meets Johan a stranger, after going through one night stands, she finds herself wanting more, so she is about to break her rules for him. This emotional story told from both points of view makes you want to read it all at once. I can't wait for more.
Sandy S
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 4, 2019

ONE NIGHT WITH THE DRUMMER OF SUNSET REVIVAL?
Yes, I'm game.

John Michaels lives a life of seclusion in Corolla, North Carolina. He works, eats, and sleeps—and is
Mia
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

Coming back to Kill Devil Hills is always a pleasure, but if I have to say, this trip has been my favorite of all so far.

‘Never Kiss A Rockstar’ by Sarah Darlington is book number two in the ‘Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills’ series and it follows the story of Dani, drummer of the Sunset Revival, and John, tattoo artist and owner of Kill Devil Ink in their journey to overcome fears and find love.

I was not sure what to expect from this book, but not only was I shocked when I discovered
Sara - Curvy Constellation
Never Kiss a Rockstar is the second book in the Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills I can absolutely be read as a standalone. As for not reading book one in the series, I didn’t find that I was lost in the story line and then it flowed very nicely as it’s a standalone. This is my first ever read by Sarah Darlington and I thought it was very good.

Our main characters, Dani and John, are an interesting pair especially together. Dani is the drummer in the band, Sunset Revival, and is such a wildcard. You

• Chase the Butterflies
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • Waking Up Married
  • Interpreter (Commander in Briefs #4)
  • Wait for Me
  • Roping Your Heart (Love in Everton, 2)
  • Darling (Darling Devils, #1)
  • What Do You Regret? (What Do You, #2)
  • Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
  • The Husband Checklist
  • No Vacancy
  • Throttled (Dirty Air, #1)
  • Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material #2)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • His Royal Highness
  • The Best Chance
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • Outmatched
Subscribe to my newsletter for new release alerts: sarahdarlingtonauthor.com/cv

I'm Sarah Darlington. I write Contemporary Romance books that are both steamy and sweet, with a touch of agnst. I love creating book boyfriends you won’t soon forget.
My latest... Joe Coffee

I’m a mom to two young kiddos, both on the spectrum, so my days are never the same and always busy.

Virginia
Slytherin
Sarah Darlington

Rockstars in Kill Devil Hills (4 books)
  • Never Trust a Rockstar (Never Trust, #1)
  • Never Love a Rockstar