Start by marking “Forking Good: A Cookbook Inspired by The Good Place” as Want to Read:
Forking Good: A Cookbook Inspired by The Good Place

Forking Good: A Cookbook Inspired by The Good Place

A fun, lively, and fully illustrated cookbook of 30 original and practical recipes inspired by NBC's hit sitcom The Good Place, filled with the absurd, pun-driven food humor and accessible philosophy that makes the show so popular with fans.

With its high concept, exceptional writing, eye-popping set design, stellar cast, meaningful explorations of what it means to be a
Published October 22nd 2019 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Forking Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forking Good

Start your review of Forking Good: A Cookbook Inspired by The Good Place
karen
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
PEEPS and M&M chili? yes?

Candace Robinson
This book made me forking hungry! Fun illustrations and good recipes!
Mary
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forking Good: An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place

The day before I got this book, my husband offered to go to the store to get what I needed for a roast. I asked him to buy a specific type of potato. He returned with every potato that the store carried except the sort I wanted. What was I going to do with a bunch of potatoes? Especially purple potatoes? The first recipe in this book is for HUME FRIES (hah - get the pun?) It required purple potatoes - problem solved!

The recipes in
Mandy
Disclaimer: I received this ARC courtesy of Quirk Books. I am grateful for the opportunity to review an ARC for my readers, but this will not influence my final rating. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and based solely on the book.

This sadly wasn't forking good.

The moment that I saw The Good Place + cookbook, I was convinced I needed this. Sha turned me onto The Good Place earlier this year, and I binge read it all in a few short weeks. It's such a wonderful show with amazing
Janet (mommy.the.reader)
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of The Good Place, this cookbook won't disappoint you. There's lots of quirky fun to be found in here, and some interesting recipes too. There aren't as many recipes as I expect to see in a cookbook, and many of these are the boozy kind, but this didn't hurt my impression at all. There's plenty of variety and, as I'd hoped, nothing is ordinary, while still being doable by an average home cook like me. I mean, that's ultimately what I look for in a cookbook. Oh, and photos of the ...more
Emily
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, food
#giveaway #goodreads giveaways

Many thanks to Quirk books for the ARC. This review is voluntary and strictly my own.

This book is delicious both inside and out! Im not one to read a cookbook cover to cover, generally I thumb through the pages, quickly breezing over the photos and recipes and truthfully, ignoring mostly all of the personal testaments. But this book is chalked full of awesomeness and Ive found myself paying very little attention to the actual recipes and more so to the rest of the
Michelle
This book is so much fun. I dont normally post cookbooks as books Ive read. Theres a reason Im posting this one, its more than a cookbook. It is an book that also has recipes.

If you love the Good Place, this will be a good book for you. If you havent watched it yet, maybe this book will show you a bit about how fun it is.

This book digs in to a lot of the philosophical ideas mentioned in The Good Place. It explains a bit about the idea, mentions how it applies to The Good Place, gives an example
(a)lyss(a)
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a cute and clever cook book!

Unfortunately every recipe doesn't have a photo, but the recipes are named after Good Place lines or characters. There's also quotes from each show, a little fake back and forth dialogue between characters, and bits of philosophy. The philosophy takes for each recipe give moral lessons, which tie back to what the characters learn in the show.

Overall the recipes are pretty straightforward.
Lisa
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So this review is really more of an endorsement of "The Good Place" than of this cookbook. Your enjoyment of this book is almost entirely dependent on your enjoyment of "The Good Place", which I LOVED LOVED LOVED and already miss! If you think TGP is a smart, funny television program and enjoy nerdy philosophy puns and quotes from favorite shows, you will very much enjoy the hour or two it takes to read this. Oh, and there are a couple of recipes in there also.
Sylvia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cookbook with some interesting recipes. Also a book with a little food history, philosophical discussion and analysis of the TV show THE GOOD PLACE. If you are a fan of that show, you will definitely enjoy this book. "In compliance with FTC guidelines, I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads."
B Pastore
Mar 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was won in a Goodreads Giveway. I've never seen the show --- but enjoyed reading through the book and look forward to trying out many of the recipes. The book has quality construction. I have a number of friends that have seen the book out on the counter and have already asked to borrow it!
Judy
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This book was inspired by the philosophy and food humor from the show "The Good Place." It contains thirty recipes for the adventurous cook to try. My favorite is Dante's nine layers of torture bars. Be sure to share. Lots of colorful illustrations are included in the book and lots of philosophy to be learned and enjoyed. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Luke
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Very philosophical and the recipes are pretty transitional with a twist here and there in the ingredients. It felt like the authors were trying a bit to hard. Felt kinda like a spark notes of the shows philosophy underpinnings with recipes sprinkled in ...more
Nancy Cohen
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I loved the show and hated seeing it end. This book made me chuckle over the philosophical dilemmas that they all dealt with but tied it to some mouthwatering recipes. Cheered me up just to see the quotes and explanations again. See the show, get the book, Fork why not?!
Dana
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-health, misc
I enjoyed reading this book. Will I cook anything out of it? No probably not. But I really like the show "the good place" and I found the philosophy discussions interesting. It was cute and a fun read.
Aehtla
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fluffy fun read for the fans of the show ( many "inside" jokes ).

Twas very well done. Honestly I am astonished. It even has some boards in the back of the book for a smooth transition from the US cooking metric system to the actual metric system! As an S.I. gal , I can appreciate that.
Russell Howen
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Forking Good: A Cookbook Inspired by The Good Place" is a mixture of food and philosophy. Described as 'An Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of The Good Place', the book provides recipes in every chapter.
Mary Cokenour
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this cookbook in a Goodreads Giveway. I've never seen the show, but the stories inside the book are funny to very quirky. Many of the recipes I would like to try out. When it comes to cookbooks, I'm not much on words, so...
Sheila
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the tv show
Won the back in a goodreads give away, Thank you. Loved the premise behind the book, funny tie in to the show and fun recipes. Would definitely reccomend to fans of show. In fact getting a copy for my son as a gift.
Maëva Catalano
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Un très bon livre de recettes sympa qui joue sur la vibe de The Good Place. C'est drôle, il y a de la philosophie, des jeux de mots, et des alternatives végé, Vegan, sans gluten etc. Un must pour les fans de la série !
Tiffany
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This cookbook was not what I expected. I have never seen the show but the amount of research and effort that went into the philosophies and the reasoning behind the recipe choices was refreshing. I'm looking forward to trying some of these recipes.
This book was won as part of a Goodreads Giveaway.
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was enjoyable but the recipes werent great. A fun read but not superb. ...more
Barb Johnson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you like the show, youll like the cookbook. I cant see myself making anything but its a fun read. ...more
Esther  Smith
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Its not just a cookbook its a cool treat from the TV show The Good Place. Full of cute tidbits and quotes from the show and beyond 🙀. I love it for more than the cookbook. ...more
Loan Phùng

• Everything My Mother Taught Me
  • The Other Daughter
  • How Not to Diet: The Groundbreaking Science of Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss
  • Anna K
  • Do You Mind If I Cancel? (Things That Still Annoy Me)
  • Antoni in the Kitchen
  • Night Boat to Tangier
  • White Bird
  • Sulwe
  • The Bridge Home
  • The Library of Lost Things
  • Braises and Stews: Everyday Slow-Cooked Recipes
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Parade
  • All the Ways We Said Goodbye
Valya Dudycz Lupescu has been making magic with food and words for more than 20 years, incorporating folklore from her Ukrainian heritage with practices that honor the Earth. Valya is the author of The Silence of Trees (Wolfsword Press) and founding editor of Conclave: A Journal of Character. Along with Stephen Segal, she is the co-author of Forking Good (Quirk Books) and Geek Parenting (Quirk ...more

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...