Start by marking “Kiss Me Again” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me Again

Kiss Me Again

Tree surgeon Aidan Drummond is content with his own company. He works alone, and lives alone, and it doesn’t occur to him to want anything else until a life-changing accident lands him in hospital. Then a glimpse of the beautiful boy in the opposite bed changes everything.

Ludo Giordano is trapped on the ward with a bunch of old men. His mind plays tricks on him, keeping h
Published June 7th 2019 by Fox Love Press

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me Again

Judith
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

If there's one thing I've come to expect from Garrett Leigh,it's that her stories don't hold back.In all the years I've been reading her books she's tackled some very emotive issues and this one certainly stands out.The blurb touches on issues but isn't specific so I'm not going to get into each men's issues in any great detail....but,be warned this book has a melancholy feeling to it.And it might not work for everyone.But if you want to read something that's really real and that a lot of people
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I read a fair amount of Garrett Leigh books, but I know each time that I'm in for something on the heavy side. Kiss Me Again was exactly that. If you are in the mood for something angsty, British, and more than a touch depressing, this is your story.

There was something so wonderfully atmospheric about this story. I felt like I was in the British countryside, and I was right there with them, reading during a gloomy, overcast day. It had a dreamy, melancholy weight to the story that's a bit hard
Jewel
4.5 Stars

If you enjoy a good slow burn and MC's that suffer the realness of life, then Kiss Me Again will be right up your tree. It sure was mine! I love Garrett Leigh's writing style and the utter Britishness of her boys.

Ludo Giordano is bipolar and as much as he tries to stay in his meds, sometimes, when he's feeling well, he gets distracted or forgets and then life gets interesting. When that happens, he often ends up in the hospital because he hurts himself. It was after one such incident t
.Lili.

Where to begin with this beauty? Kiss Me Again by Garrett Leigh took hold of me from the first page; I ended up reading it in one sitting. I requested it on the cover alone, and once the blurb was posted, I was ever so glad that I did.

Kiss Me Again's two main characters deal with some weighty issues; both different, but both that some readers can relate to. There's such beauty to the writing, this quiet, melancholy that's GL's signature style.

Some highlights:

-Opposites attract. Aidan is quiet
Ele
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I know that for some readers Garret Leigh’s stories are too angst ridden or depressing. I never felt that way. For me, her stories, including this one, is about everyone deserving a HEA. Characters with a dark past, people next door who face everyday shitty situations, protagonists who fall in love in what seems like a hopeless place, they ALL get a chance in love.

That said, if you think that her other stories were too angsty, you might find yourself a tad overwhelmed with this one. B
Ariana
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, lgbtq
*4,5 stars*

Ah, this is the Garrett Leigh I love! And what a fab book it is!

Two guys: both living in loneliness, bereft of human contact, barely coping with life as it is.

Ludo:
"I was an impossible child, and now I’m a difficult man."
"I have bipolar disease, …, among other things … Anxiety, paranoia, depression. Sometimes it’s symptomatic of the disease, sometimes, it’s just me."

Ludo amazed me – the way he copes with his illness, even if it isn't working all the time. Garrett Leigh gives us a l
Cadiva
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read a Garrett Leigh romance I know my emotions and my brain will be put through the ringer.

However, I also know that, ultimately, I will be left with such an overwhelming sense of hope once the story is done. Her books depict life in all its many shades, there is harshness but there is also joy.

This one is one of her best imho, it takes a truly complex medical condition - that of bipolar - and not only never sugarcoats the manic highs and scary lows, but also treats Ludo, and how it affe
Karen
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'In an ordinary world filled with ordinary people...a little love can create something...extraordinary...

With 'Kiss Me Again' Garrett Leigh has firmly planted herself on my favorites list. I love stories with characters that aren't perfect...they have weaknesses, flaws, medical conditions...whatever...they're real. They're not outrageously attractive and dynamic with amazingly successful careers or simply loaded with money, etc. etc. in a word they're not perfect, they're just ordinary, everyd
Sheri
Whew, Garrett is not messing around here folks. Nope. This one is…..INTENSE. Prepare to be swept away, caught in a torrential storm of emotions. I’m battered, bruised, and smiling so big it hurts. That’s kinda how things work when I open a GL Special. Without question, I hand over my heart and know she will return it with a new scar. I’m beyond thrilled to add Aidan and Ludo’s mark to her map of memories. We meet Aidan and instantly the first pivotal scene takes place before we really know what’ ...more
Ky
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! Review soon...
Lauren
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful. Garrett Leigh is one of my all time favourite authors and her new novel Kiss Me Again certainly does not disappoint.

Kiss Me Again has pretty much everything you might expect from a Garrett Leigh novel. It’s angsty and makes your heart hurt, but it’s also beautiful and so full of love that I actually wanted to weep a few times. As always with Garrett’s work, I was hooked from the first page and couldn’t put it down. My weakness for hurt/comfort, slow burn romance, torture
Amanda
Garrett Leigh is back once again with her tortured heroes and a love story that warm your heart. Aidan is a tree surgeon who was hit with an accident. As he lay on the hospital bed, he met a quirky roommate, Ludo. Ludo is bipolar, but not the split personality kind that I read before. Ludo mind can be a chaotic mess, but he can also be so sweet and caring to the grumpy Aidan.

Compare to Garrett's other works, this one is less angsty. Aidan is a grumpy and lonely fellow, but he is always kind to L
Joyfully Jay
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

Garrett Leigh has the ability to keep me hooked and Kiss Me Again has the perfect combination of character development with great dialogue. Leigh’s tone and everyday, yet intriguing, characters work for me. Leigh also has the ability to put us directly into the characters’ heads, which was no easy task here as both men have a lot going on and this was the book where it was effortless to forget I was reading and to become fully immersed in their story.

Aidan likes t
Kirstin
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Oh, this tale is so full of angst, but it's balanced with comfort and love in the way that only Garrett Leigh can write. In a word: Powerful.

Aiden and Ludo meet in the hospital. Ludo is there to fight the bipolar demons from his head and Aiden is there after falling from a tree, a van breaking his fall.

Aiden emerges from surgery in pain. So much pain. He's loopy on painkillers and he can't think straight enough to know if the skinny, beautiful man that keeps him company is real. Ludo spends his
Tess
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

While it took me a while to get into this (for some reason, I found it hard distinguishing the voices in the first half), I grew to really enjoy this especially as it led to the HEA. I loved the way these guys balanced each other out and I could see them making a good life together.
UltraMeital
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO beautiful and raw and angsty in the best possible way. I LOVED both Ludo and Aidan and seeing them fall in love, form a family together was heart breakingly beautiful (sorry for the repetitive word ;)). While this book is an absolute stand alone, we get the littlest mention of Angelo, the MC from "Dream", just so you know.

It's been a while since I last wrote a full review or READ a whole book. When I ask myself WHY I read, the answer is quite obvious because of THIS. This is wh
Norelle
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: very-good-books
"Aidan loves me and I love him, but that doesn’t mean we’ve healed each other. Pain is still real. Black is still black. The only difference is that we’re both still there at the end...."

This is one of the reasons why i love Garrett's books so much. She never ever shows love as magical cure to real illness. It's never ''his love cured him'' bs i've seen in other books by other authors, where love suddenly cures depression etc. But that is so unreal. Love is not a cure to illness. It can help fi
Lelyana
Kiss Me Again was a soft and tender story between Ludo and Aidan. It was heartbreaking, but at the same time, a heartwarming and adorable romance that I craved from Garrett.
Garrett is the queen of angst, of course this book gave you a different kind of angst. Started from the beginning, my heart was broken for Ludo and what he suffering all his life.
Then came Aidan to the picture. Life's more bearable for Ludo after Aidan came into his life.

Kiss Me Again, is a story of acceptance and an abilit
Nile Princess
DNF @ 26%. Utterly depressing and too slow. They haven't even left the hospital yet and I don't care what happens to them. Apart from that, I can't really 'see' the characters. I keep mixing them up, and I don't even really know how old they are, or which one is the older one...it's just.... This is the second GL book that's been like this for me. Normally I'm in love with everything this author puts out.
Nola Superba
The problem I had while reading this book was that I would confuse Aidan with Ludo all the time, especially when they both were in the hospital. They were too similar to each other.
Funzee Shu
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Kiss me again, Aidan . . . please?”

With all the slow burn and pace, this book had succeed captivated me right from the first page to the end.

Before . . . this, before him, my existence was simple. I hated everyone and they didn’t much like me, and I was okay with that. Worrying about other people never crossed my mind, and I shoved aside anyone who dared to care about me… - Aidan.

Starting from two strangers who meet coincidentally at hospital ward, the strong yet smooth connections are v
Kim
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing story from Garrett Leigh. This is a mm contemporary story set in the UK. Main characters are Ludo and Aidan. This book covers mental health issues and how everybody can find love.
Lustfulcat
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was so damn good I want to read it over and over. It left me feeling warm and happy. I trust Garrett Leigh.
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
It deals with hard topics but it's a wonderful story.

Kiss Me Again deals with the difficult topic of mental illness and Garrett Leigh handles it beautifully and compassionately. She didn't put any trigger warnings in the book's blurb. As much as I hate them sometimes, I think it might be wise to mention that the story has recollections of things that one of the MC's has done in the past. Things like cutting and suicidal thoughts. The other MC has a drinking problem at the beginning of the story.
Shirley
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Ok so first things first why the hell have I not read this author before! I am seriously kicking myself all over right now and I will definitely be looking up some of this authors other work ☺

Now I’m not normally one for an angsty book but this just hit the mark for me and I loved both MC’s. They both meet in hospital and strike up a friendship which it destined to be so much more.
I bloody loved Aiden he was hard and a total grump on the outside but soft with a good heart on the insi
Jules Lovestoread
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ludo and Aidan's story gave me alllll the feels. I absolutely ADORED these guys together. <3

See my full review here: http://www.thenovelapproachreviews.co...
Athira
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
This was simply wonderful.I loved Ludo and Aiden. They are so perfect for each other. This is a dual POV and I loved every second of this book.

I love Ludo's POV. His mind is so different and colorful. This book is so real and captivating. I don't think I've read a book with bipolar character but I really loved this one.

All of Aiden and Ludo's interactions are just so beautiful and adorable. It filled me with longing and hope. I loved the secondary characters too.

*ARC provided by the author via
Annie Maus
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although Garrett Leigh is a prolific author, Kiss Me Again highlights her consistently superb character and plot development. In fact, this book is one of her best – and I’ve given all five hearts! It gently puts to rest the notion that love heals all.

Aidan, a tree surgeon who fell while working, meets bipolar Ludo in hospital. Ludo’s disorder induces delusions and self-harm, while Aidan is as unsociable as possible. So they’re both surprised by the ease with which they can talk.

Realizing he enj
Cristina
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, lgbtq, favorites
Kiss Me Again by Garrett Leigh is a very moving and heartfelt story focusing on the encounter between two solitary men who get thrown together by unexpected circumstances and find in each other understanding, love and trust when they least expect it.

Aidan is a tree surgeon who lands in the hospital after being involved in a freak accident while working on a tree. In the ward, he meets Ludo, a young bipolar man with whom he seems to strike an unexpected friendship. Despite their mutual reluctan
« previous 1 3 next »
She/Her

Bonus Material available for all books on Garrett's Patreon account. Includes short stories from Misfits, Slide, Strays, What Remains, Dream, and much more. Sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/garrettleigh

Facebook Fan Group, Garrett's Den... https://www.facebook.com/groups/garre...

Garrett Leigh is an award-winning British writer, cover artist, and book designer. Her debut novel, Slide, wo