Start by marking “The Witch Born to Ignite (Inferno Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Witch Born to Ignite (Inferno Book 1)

The Witch Born to Ignite

(The Inferno Series #1)

A secret power. A growing evil. To save her family, she'll have to embrace her magical destiny…

Published July 30th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Witch Born to Ignite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch Born to Ignite

Start your review of The Witch Born to Ignite (Inferno Book 1)
Coco.V
Oct 24, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/24/2019)! ...more
Storme
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Set in the year 2025, the world is recovering from a depression and the government in this town is out of control. The mayor is a dictator creating ridiculous laws based on religion and stripping people of basic freedoms. Terrifying.

Eva knows she’s different, and she finds out she’s a witch. So is her twin Elijah and their parents, who have come from different covens. Eva wants to embrace who she is,
Shweta Beriwal
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The power of twin witches lies dormant as live unaware of their heritage and the prophecy that surrounds them.

Placed in year 2025, they live in a country which is being run by a dictator who according to me either is scared of magic & supernatural or knows about the prophecy and trying to stop it from happening. This is my thought and nothing in the book points to this way.

The subtle nuances that point towards magic, witch craft and more are simply amazing spread across the book.

I thoroughly
Tonja Drecker
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an exciting read, which had me cheering for the main character and her brother until the last page.

Eva and her family have moved to a new, small town, which means new high school and friends. What they don't expect is the new ruler of the small country, Orpheus, to start exercising an iron and tyrannic hand. As life grows more and more controlled, Eva discovers a secret. She's and her family are witches. But witchcraft is more than forbidden. Still, Eva can't deny who she is and isn't
Debbie Eyre
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG this is one hell of a read! Starts off a little slow but stick with it cause omg it gets better and better as you go on! Well written this fast paced fantasy read has a fantastic storyline, great characters, magic, witches, romance and twists and turns that will have you on the edge of your seat!
Kimi
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting story to what looks to be a good series to come!

I must say I find all paranormal stories to be awesome and this one in particular having to do with witches is definitely interesting. The idea of twin witches and an unknown destiny really grabbed my attention. And a hopeless romance made my Heart break just a little as well. Reading this story made me wonder many things about the characters especially the bad guy who happens to be the mayor of this town. He really seems more than
A.Female.Bibliophile's
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019-arc
4 Solid Stars.

*Given an arc in exchange for an honest review*

What I liked
-Beautiful cover
-Multi-dimensional characters (ex: Eva's parents)
-After the beginning, the plot became quite gripping
-Great plot twists

What I wasn't the biggest fan of/what could've used some improvement
-Slow beginning

I recommend this book for all those who love witches and magic, and especially for those who love the special snowflake MC book trope done well.
Mindy
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I usually don't go for this kind of a story but I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the paranormal story line with all the twists and turns. I enjoyed the characters interactions, they were believable and dynamic.

I was able to get through it speedily, mostly because I wanted to know more. I highly recommend this book and the future books in this series.
Bran Wolfgram
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rose Brown
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading “The Witch Born to Ignite” it was ok, but as I got further into the story it gripped me and didn’t let me go until the end. Tanya Milne has given us a well-written paranormal storyline with a rollercoaster build-up with the twists and turns are amazing. The characters are well developed and believable. This is an enjoyable story and I highly recommend this book and the future books in this series.
Susan
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine all the angst that goes with being a teenager in a new town and school, then add a dictatorial authority figure passing laws to control everyone’s actions and limit their freedom. Eva is a danger to herself, family, and friends, just when she is finding out who she really is…Definitely an interesting plot with some great twists.
Nicole
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
*All of my reviews are voluntarily written*

The book itself starts out just a tad slow, but it soon picked up and I couldn't put it down! The more I read, the more I needed to know what would happen to Eva and Elijah.

I'm curious to know more about Jet, the mayor and his history, and Ezra's mom, too. I feel like there's more to uncover for future stories!

I am really eager for book 2!
Carlynne Toomey
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book by a new to me author. I really liked the character development and felt that the book got better as it went along - a definite good sign for the next book! I enjoyed this story and definitely recommend it and am anxiously awaiting the next in the series.
Sally Maxwell
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting read, the beginning I was like “meh” I could have quite happily put it down and not looked back.
A few chapters in and I was hooked, a modern take on witch persecution, turned out to be a good read, not a heavy book, and I look forward to seeing how Eva and Elijah, and Ezra all develop, oh and Jet, I have a feeling he will surprise us all.
MRS C MARSHALL
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author and I will give my honest review.
I love book on witches, this had me gripped from page 1
To the end of the book.
Twists turns it was awesome.
Cannot wait for book 2.
Hoping you enjoy as much as I did.
Lotty
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sarah Atkins Mascorro
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. The story line was great and I can't wait to read the next book. Looks like I found another great author.
Toni A.-J. Williams
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I absolutely loved this book! I love that itd based on twins and not your traditional twins. I love everything about Eva, loved going on the journey with her to finding herself. I cant wait to read the next installment.
Emily
This was a really good read! It started off a tad slow, but it really built up, and by the end I didn’t want to put it down! Set in 2025, a dictator has taken over the town that Eva and her family recently moved to. He starts making strange laws and very soon things get out of hand. I really liked Eva, she’s very smart and brave, and once she learns who she is, she remains true to herself. I like the light vs dark fight, and how Eva has a bit of both in her. I also found the love triangle in ...more
Joanna Harris
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story. Bit of a slow start and it took me awhile to warm up to Eva who is a bit petulant and irresponsible. But then the story gets more intense and it’s hard to put down. The family is really in quite the mess and I’m not sure how they will get out. Looking forward to book 2.
Linda Levine
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I enjoyed the story of a young woman learning the truth of her family’s relationship with witchcraft. It is a scary community she finds herself in when a powerful man controls the country and passes laws which restrict them all. She finds herself drawn in two different directions. The choices she makes sets herself on a dangerous path. The romance part of the story is interwoven was to the plot and reflects those difficult choices as well. It look forward to reading mire.
Donna
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Witch Born To Ignite is Book 1 in the Inferno series. This is a well-written tale with a storyline about twin witches, Eva and Elijah, who do not know they are witches until they find an old book and that they have an unknown destiny. The characters are very well developed and interesting. A little slow at first like a roller coaster going up the lift hill, but once it gets to the top all hell breaks loose. Our story becomes a fast paced, action packed thrill ride with magic, romance, ...more
Sandra Nelson
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow !

A complex and stunning emotional ride through a future where we let the mistakes of the past repeat, this is what awaits you. Will love and wisdom overcome the power of pure evil and a thirst for power that almost destroyed this world once before??
Amber Dene
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-kindle-read
Can we say book smorgasbord. You have a evil tyrant, an even more loath-able minion. Not 1, not 2, but 3 possible knights. One love-able couple. Some questionable animals. And finally one bad a$$ witch.
This story is a dystopian, spell casting twist and turns mystery. I love it. But 2 seem to be even more promising.
Erin
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the story line and the characters. Always enjoy books with magic and witches and of course some trials of learning one must do. Eva must learn about herself, what she can do, and what lengths will she go through to protect those she loves. All this while dealing with crazy mayor who has secrets of his own. Looking forward to the next book.
Cinttie
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sarah Foil
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Seventeen-year-old Eva hopes she can find a normal life at her new school. But when a mysterious book reveals she and her brother are powerful witches with an ill-fated destiny, she's angry at her parents and terrified for her future. And the one boy who seems able to comfort her may be the last person she can trust. With the tyrant mayor going to extreme lengths to crack down on witchcraft, Eva is forbidden to practice magic. But when his evil spreads into her family, Eva may have no choice but ...more
Lauren Jones
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Stories of witches have been as old as time. In Greek Mythology, there were witches who would decide the fate of others, would lure men to their death, and more. What has always been feared is the mystery that lay behind the concept of a witch. Do they have magical powers? Are they good? Are they evil? Do they see the future? Do they worship the dark lord? There is such a huge dark mass of mystery that surrounds witches, but simply put…the witch abides by laws of nature and sees the world with a ...more
Lucy Jade
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book in return for an honest review and OMG. I can’t even handle how much I enjoyed this book. Witches, twin witches, in fact - yes please!
I read it in a whole day I couldn’t put it down. The writers way with words is incredible, she keeps the story going without making it ‘drag’ and leaves you constantly needing to know more. The characters even though they’re fake feel realistic, you can imagine their faces and voices in your head and for me there’s nothing better in a book
Sondra
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhanger

Wow, what an intense start to the series. I have scared butterflies rolling in me as I try to imagine living under the harsh dictatorship of this small town. To have every freedom taken away and to live in complete fear of the government and their police force. New laws out out daily taking away any rights you have. Scary!!I can't wait to see how these witches learn to fight back. This ends in a cliffhanger, beware.

• Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Crown of Dragons (Bleeding Realms: Dragon Blessed #1)
  • Supernatural Reform School (Blakemore Paranormal Academy #1)
  • The Academy of Stolen Magic (Blakemore Paranormal Academy #2)
  • Fire & Flood (Mount Olympus Academy, #1)
  • Outling
  • The Dragon Princess: Sleeping Beauty Reimagined
  • A Legacy Witch (Spellcasters Spy Academy #1)
  • Ice Crown (The Elements of Kamdaria 1)
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Dragonsworn
  • Supernatural Slayer Squad (Darkblood Academy, #2)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies, #3)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Stone and Fire (Magical Kingdoms, #1)
  • Stolen by Darkness
  • Demon of Mine (The Devil Heart Boys #1)
  • Wolf Moon
Tanya has been writing since she was a small child living on a farm in the Australian countryside. At five, she wrote her first short story about her (aptly named) cat called Mother who had ten kittens. There wasn’t much of a plot, but she rightly thought having ten kittens was enough of a story in itself.

Her love of writing was channelled into her diaries as a teen, then later through her

The Inferno Series (2 books)
  • The Witch Born to Burn (Inferno, #2)