Start by marking “A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)

A Cowboy to Remember

(Cowboys of California #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  67 ratings  ·  58 reviews
In this brand-new series from award-winning author Rebekah Weatherspoon, a charming cowboy and his sleeping beauty find their modern-day happily ever after . . .

With a headline spot on a hit morning show and truly mouth-watering culinary skills, chef Evie Buchanan is perched on the edge of stardom. But at an industry party, a fall lands Evie in the hospital—with no memory
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about A Cowboy to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cowboy to Remember

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
Melike
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
This was my first cowboy romance book and also the first book I have read by Rebekah Weatherspoon. I thought it was a charming romance and I devoured it in one day. The main characters Evie and Zach are so cute and likable, so are the rest of the Pleasant gang. We all need a second family like them to swoop in and lift us up at times of hardship and trouble. Zach’s grandma Leona, the matriarch of the family was another great character, it was so sweet how much she loved and genuinely cared for ...more
Lynn Spencer
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I read a good cowboy romance, and I was starting to miss them. When I saw A Cowboy to Remember getting buzz on Twitter, it caught my fancy. Friends-to-lovers and second chance at love are my two favorite tropes, and this book has some of both going on in it along with the main amnesia plot. While I occasionally had trouble with the pacing, this novel turned out to be a delightful, lively read.

Amnesia plots are difficult to pull off, but Weatherspoon does an excellent job
Adele Buck
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series. Amnesia plots can be super-tricky to pull off, I believe, but this one definitely fell in the "it works" column for me. Evie's character has so many friends (sometimes a little hard for me to keep track of at first, but that's a me problem and not a book problem) that we can easily see how her personality changes while her memories are gone, even though we only spend a very short period of time with her before her accident. It's easy to see why so many people care ...more
Mel
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I don’t love cowboy romances typically but I do enjoy Rebekah Weatherspoon’s writing and I am so glad I read this book. It was delightful and tropey in all the best ways. Cowboys - check. Heroine with amnesia - check. Tons of awesome secondary characters - check. To call this a second chance romance is a bit of a stretch because Evie and Zach weren’t technically a couple back in the day. But she was in love with him and he knew it and deep down, he was avoiding his real feelings for her. I ...more
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Ahhhhhhh, a good cowboy romance!

I'm highly anticipating this one.
Jenica
A Cowboy to Remember follows Evie, a television chef, who through a series of events (aka the most dramatic chapter one) winds up in a coma and wakes up with no real memory of who she is or who anyone else is. Her best friend, assistant, and agent band together to help her figure out what's next but determine they need to call in reinforcements, which is how Zach Pleasant winds up back in Evie's life.

The way the story unfolds is utterly brilliant because we know there was an EVENT that caused
Rebekah Weatherspoon starts off a new series with a charming (see what I did there?) cast of characters. I want everyone to get their own books: Blaire, Jesse, Sam, Lilah, Miss Leona, EVERYONE. The highlight of this first book for me was the female friendships that Evie had and the unconditional support she received from her friends--Weatherspoon is so good at creating community in her books.

However, there were a few things that didn't work for me here.
- Instead of the usual dual POVs of the
Smart Women Read Romance
ARC copy provided by NetGalley

I remember reading the blurb when this was first announced - culinary goddess Evie Buchanan has lost her memory and Zach Pleasant, hot cowboy and former childhood crush, sees his chance to make his past wrongs right. I was like, "Oh, she wrote this one for me!" because sexy chefs and hunky cowboys are my jam, and this did not disappoint.

The way that the story unfolds between Evie and Zach is so damn beautiful. Not only does she have the support of the man who
Jessi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

You can all tell by now that I love, love, love Rebekah Weatherspoon! I was so very excited to receive this ARC of her latest book. As usual with RW, I finished this in a day.

I instantly adored Evie. She's a sassy, smart, driven, yet fun protagonist. Plus, she's a chef, and got her fame from a reality TV cooking show. This is everything I could want for a leading lady.

Zach is a sexy, Californian cowboy. I didn't know
The CurvyJones
Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader)
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
This one-chapter preview is a glimpse into this upcoming novel. I have not read the author before but I can see from this preview why her books are extremely popular. The characters and setting are intriguing. I am looking forward to reading the complete novel.

Bin Blogs Books
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just an excerpt, but what I read made me want more. Looking forward to reading more this author's work.
Louise Bird
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading the first chapter of this book as an ARC in exchange for a review. This is going to be an amazing book, the first chapter had me mesmerized and I wanted to continue reading.
Stephanie Panach
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I really loved the excerpt - the first chapter really left we chomping at the bit to read the rest of the book!

Evie is a great character - someone you can instantly like and want to be best friends with! We haven’t met the hero yet - but I get the feeling he’s going to be epic. Especially if Evie’s been hung up on him for so long!
Rhonda Gilmour
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this contemporary cowboy/chef romance by the author of Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny and Xeni: a Marriage of Inconvenience. Set in the fast-paced New York City culinary scene and a luxury dude ranch in Charming (!), California, this series start to the Cowboys of California series revolves around a case of amnesia.
Successful chef and TV personality Evie Buchanan ends up with amnesia when a rival chef pushes her down the
Emmalita
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon kicks off her Cowboys of California series with a challenging trope – the Amnesiac Lover. The Amnesiac Lover has one member of the pair unable to remember who they are or some aspect of their identity which opens the door for a romance that would not otherwise occur. It’s a problematic trope, because so much of who we are is formed by our experiences. Even though I knew she would do it well, I was still anxious about how she would pull it off. I received A Cowboy to Remember ...more
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own.

Content notes:(view spoiler)
Michaelene
4.5 stars!

When I heard Rebekah Weatherspoon was coming out with a cowboy romance, I was all in. I didn't even need to read the blurb. I just knew that I needed to read it. The Cowboys of California series kicks off with a modern day amnesia story and second chance romance in A Cowboy to Remember.

You just have to figure out what Yvonne Buchanan 2.0 is going to be like. Reinvention. It's how great women get by.

Evie can't remember what happened, but she wakes up in a hospital bed not remembering
Sharonda Isadora
All that just for the heroine Evie to get her memory back and leave…. man listen.

I loved the idea of this story, black cowboys in California OWNING their own ranch…yes more of that please.

BUT, this romance… it was boring as the day is long. I read no chemistry between Zach and Evie. I mean for the most part, the sexual tension between them was cute and kind of hot but I just wasn’t interested in whether they would end of together.

I feel like the story took a turn to dull and monotonous as Evie
Isabel✨
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, western
I requested this ARC because I've read almost all of Rebekah Weatherspoon's other books, and I think that for the most part, it's good stuff. A Cowboy to Remember, though, does not rank in the top tier of her works.

The story follows Evie Buchanon, a celebrity chef who loses her memory after an incident, and returns to the ranch she grew up on to recover out of the limelight.

The memory loss plotline really made the romance feel kind of icky to me. Evie reunites with high school crush Zach, but
Lauren
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon’s A Cowboy to Remember is everything a good romance should be. With compelling protagonists, witty banter, and a whole lot of chemistry, first-time Weatherspoon readers and hard-core fans alike will be delighted by this novel. The best part? This is the first of a new series, and I already can’t wait to see what comes next.

After chef Evie Buchanan loses her memory after a terrible fall, she finds herself back in Charming, California in the presence of the man who once broke
Courtney
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Rebekah Weatherspoon is one of those authors who is raved about, both as an author and for her other contributions to the romance community (such as WOCinRomance), but I never had the time or opportunity to pick up one of her books until now, with A Cowboy to Remember. And while I’m not 100% sure this was the best place to start with her work, I still enjoyed it for the most part, especially given how
Sharon
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, romance fans
I love this introduction to Charming, CA, and the Cowboys of California series. This is a contemporary M/F romance with an amnesia storyline and second chance romance. I loved both main characters, Zach and Evie. Zach is the ultra-charming cowboy that is the face of the family owned ranch in California. Evie is a celebrity chef from NYC. They have a past, but Evie doesn't remember. Do they have a future, is the question.

Amnesia story lines can get crazy but I bought this one. No one is
Dot & Needle
Feb 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I was immediately drawn to this book once I read the blurb. I mean who could resist an amnesiac celebrity chef and her cowboy crush! Bonus, I had wanted to read this author for awhile, so I jumped on this.

I really liked how the author dealt with the amnesia storyline, it was not over-the-top and melodramatic, and actually seemed quite realistic. I really believed in Evie’s progress from waking up confused and weak to rediscovering her talents and who she was. Evie was probably the best part of
natalie
One of my most anticipated reads for 2020 and I loooved it! I really don't read many cowboy books but I was excited for this one because BLACK BOWBOYS??? YES! Rebekah gives me the main cast are all POC...sexy black cowboy...sleeping beauty retelling with a twist that I didn't know I needed!

This book is sweet and funny and I just love how Evie had to relearn herself and Zach, because of her memory loss. Rebekah really knows how to start off a book with a bang, and from the first chapter you are
Nadine
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a charming, sexy, feel-good romance about Evie - an award-winning tv chef with amnesia - and her childhood love Zach - a Californian Cowboy and previous rodeo champion. After a 10 year separation, their paths cross once again, yet she cannot remember anything.

Rebekah has become an auto-buy author for me and I trusted her skills to lead me into my 1st cowboy romance. There's so much to love about this real-world representative novel with
- diverse characters galore, not just diverse 'token'
Kate (kate_reads_)
Feb 13, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: dnf-2020
DNF at 72%. Rebekah Weatherspoon is still a favorite and I still want to read anything and everything she writes. But this one isn’t working for me and I’m forcing it and that’s when it’s time for me to stop.

My recurring stress dream is that I was on the show Top Chef - only I can’t remember it. It’s now airing and I’m watching every week with friends and family and I have no idea which episode I was eliminated during. It is VERY stressful. And poor Evie almost sort of gets to live that in this
mindful.librarian ☀️
(free review copy) Okay, let's just state for the record that the cover model does NOT have a big enough mustache to do Zach's justice as described in the book. Besides that, this was a super cute romance with some really unique twists. I'm bumping up from a 3 due to the strong potential for a great series with all of the characters who I LOVED here, and a super strong sense of place.

Why originally a 3? Basically because of something another reviewer here stated too - because of E's memory loss,
Wren
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Evie is a celebrityety chef that grew up on a ranch. She was friends with three boys one of which she had major crush/hots for. It didn't end on good terms. Fast forward to now when Evie looses her memory and the guy from the past comes to her aid. He looks and feels like a cowboy superhero. I may have fallen in love with him upon first reading about him; He is so charming.

The book was really

• House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • One Last Chance (One Day to Forever, #3)
  • Sweet Talkin' Lover (Girls Trip, #1)
  • The Second Sleep
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • A Little Light Mischief (The Turner Series, #3.5)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • Lush Money (Filthy Rich #1)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • Candy Hearts (So Over the Holidays, #2)
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • White Whiskey Bargain
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the

Cowboys of California (2 books)
  • If the Boot Fits