Start by marking “A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)

A Cowboy to Remember

(Cowboys of California #1)

In this brand-new series from award-winning author Rebekah Weatherspoon, a charming cowboy and his sleeping beauty find their modern-day happily ever after . . .

With a headline spot on a hit morning show and truly mouth-watering culinary skills, chef Evie Buchanan is perched on the edge of stardom. But at an industry party, a fall lands Evie in the hospital—with no memory
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about A Cowboy to Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cowboy to Remember

Start your review of A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
Melike
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
This was my first cowboy romance book and also the first book I have read by Rebekah Weatherspoon. I thought it was a charming romance and I devoured it in one day. The main characters Evie and Zach are so cute and likable, so are the rest of the Pleasant gang. We all need a second family like them to swoop in and lift us up at times of hardship and trouble. Zach’s grandma Leona, the matriarch of the family was another great character, it was so sweet how much she loved and genuinely cared for ...more
Xan West
Well, I read the teaser chapter 1 and I already adore Evie, and am excited for this book! Now I need the rest!
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Ahhhhhhh, a good cowboy romance!

I'm highly anticipating this one.
Rebekah Weatherspoon starts off a new series with a charming (see what I did there?) cast of characters. I want everyone to get their own books: Blaire, Jesse, Sam, Lilah, Miss Leona, EVERYONE. The highlight of this first book for me was the female friendships that Evie had and the unconditional support she received from her friends--Weatherspoon is so good at creating community in her books.

However, there were a few things that didn't work for me here.
- Instead of the usual dual POVs of the
Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader)
Dec 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
This one-chapter preview is a glimpse into this upcoming novel. I have not read the author before but I can see from this preview why her books are extremely popular. The characters and setting are intriguing. I am looking forward to reading the complete novel.

Jenica
RTC

Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington for the advanced copy!
Bin Blogs Books
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just an excerpt, but what I read made me want more. Looking forward to reading more this author's work.
Louise Bird
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of reading the first chapter of this book as an ARC in exchange for a review. This is going to be an amazing book, the first chapter had me mesmerized and I wanted to continue reading.
Stephanie Panach
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I really loved the excerpt - the first chapter really left we chomping at the bit to read the rest of the book!

Evie is a great character - someone you can instantly like and want to be best friends with! We haven’t met the hero yet - but I get the feeling he’s going to be epic. Especially if Evie’s been hung up on him for so long!
Michaelene
4.5 stars!

When I heard Rebekah Weatherspoon was coming out with a cowboy romance, I was all in. I didn't even need to read the blurb. I just knew that I needed to read it. The Cowboys of California series kicks off with a modern day amnesia story and second chance romance in A Cowboy to Remember.

You just have to figure out what Yvonne Buchanan 2.0 is going to be like. Reinvention. It's how great women get by.

Evie can't remember what happened, but she wakes up in a hospital bed not remembering
Isabel✨
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, western
I requested this ARC because I've read almost all of Rebekah Weatherspoon's other books, and I think that for the most part, it's good stuff. A Cowboy to Remember, though, does not rank in the top tier of her works.

The story follows Evie Buchanon, a celebrity chef who loses her memory after an incident, and returns to the ranch she grew up on to recover out of the limelight.

The memory loss plotline really made the romance feel kind of icky to me. Evie reunites with high school crush Zach, but
Lauren
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebekah Weatherspoon’s A Cowboy to Remember is everything a good romance should be. With compelling protagonists, witty banter, and a whole lot of chemistry, first-time Weatherspoon readers and hard-core fans alike will be delighted by this novel. The best part? This is the first of a new series, and I already can’t wait to see what comes next.

After chef Evie Buchanan loses her memory after a terrible fall, she finds herself back in Charming, California in the presence of the man who once broke
Wren
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Evie is a celebrityety chef that grew up on a ranch. She was friends with three boys one of which she had major crush/hots for. It didn't end on good terms. Fast forward to now when Evie looses her memory and the guy from the past comes to her aid. He looks and feels like a cowboy superhero. I may have fallen in love with him upon first reading about him; He is so charming.

The book was really
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley and Dafina for providing an eARC of this book!

This had a cute premise - Evie, a TV chef, is pushed down the stairs by a reality show rival and loses her memory. She then goes to her childhood home - now a Dude Ranch run by hot cowboy and childhood crush Zach Pleasant - to recover hear health and (hopefully) her memory.

If this premise sounds compelling, I think you'll like this one! All of the characters were sweet and the family and found family dynamics were lovely. I always
Lisa Walker
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
*Single Chapter Preview*

I didn't read the fine print and see that this was only one chapter so I'm a little disappointed. But it'a great start. Solid writing and characters that draw you in right away. I was intrigued based on the tidbits we got of Evie's backstory about how she was going to get back home to the cowboys. Then Weatherspoon hits with a helluva twist at the very end of the chapter.

I received a preview of A Cowboy to Remember from NetGalley.
Giselle
Jan 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
This was so worth the wait, the first chapter captivated me and I was so mad I had to wait for the rest but it was so worth it!!!!! The slow burn longing, amazing chemistry between not only Evie and Zach, but the chemistry and love and history between Evie and the rest of the family on the ranch. I wouldve loved for Evie to cuss Chef Burns out and beat her ass but the ending was perfect I cant wait for the next book
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap, this first chapter is a killer hook for the rest of the book. I can’t wait to finish it. I love basically everything Rebekah writes, and I already tell Evie’s story is going to be dramatic (yes please) and sweet (this girl is trying not to cry because Christmas carols remind her of her dearly departed nan).

Thank you to Rebekah Weatherspoon, NetGalley, and Kensington Books for the ARC. This is my honest review (of the first chapter).
Melinda
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Cowboy to Remember is an incredible and heartwarming story. The love story broke me with the powerful writing, impressive storyline full of heart-rending emotions and brilliant characters. Has all the feels in an amazing story these characters have to go on to get their HEA!! Happy reading!!
Tracie R
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
*Single Chapter Preview*
It’s hard to gauge the feel of the whole book based on one chapter but I did like what I read and will read the complete book and update my review once released.
Suzette
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One chapter that definitely leaves you wanting more.
Latifa Morrisette
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great first chapter. I'm excited to read the entire book. I know it will be amazing and I'm excited to read it.
Tasha (Amaysn Reads)
Jan 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
Of course I was gonna read this. There is a black cowboy on the cover.
Melissa Cheresnick
Jul 23, 2019
Lauren (The Novel Lush)
Jul 24, 2019

• Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • The Second Sleep
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Love Lettering
  • Kiss Me in Sweetwater Springs (Sweetwater Springs #2.5)
  • Haunted House Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #25.7)
  • No Judgments (Little Bridge Island, #1)
  • Don't You Forget About Me
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)
  • Wrapped Up In Christmas
  • Once a Fallen Lady
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Stranger's Wife
  • More Than Maybe
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the