Start by marking “The Friend Zone” as Want to Read:
The Friend Zone

The Friend Zone

Kristen Petersen doesn't do drama, will fight to the death for her friends, and has no room in her life for guys who just don't get her. She's also keeping a big secret: facing a medically necessary procedure that will make it impossible for her to have children.

Planning her best friend's wedding is bittersweet for Kristen--especially when she meets the best man, Josh Cope
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published June 11th 2019 by Hachette Audio

To ask other readers questions about The Friend Zone, please sign up.
Abby Jimenez Hi Haley, it's about medium steam. Maybe a level 4 out of 10. The sex scenes aren't closed door, but the bits aren't described and it's definitely not…moreHi Haley, it's about medium steam. Maybe a level 4 out of 10. The sex scenes aren't closed door, but the bits aren't described and it's definitely not an erotic novel. Slightly less steamy than a Christina Lauren novel. Enjoy!(less)
Jo Without getting too spoilery: there is adult language and adult situations in this book. Very adult situations.

Emer
Just what the world needs. Another problematic book masquerading as a cute read... *sigh* Admittedly in the early parts of this read I was really enjoying this book for what it was; a contemporary romance with a bittersweet core. So I laughed, I cried. I had a lot of feels. Yes I ignored the blatant stereotyping and negative portrayal of *the other woman* that the leading man dated who wasn't our sassy heroine because...
Well I liked the hunky leading man.
And I liked the sassy heroine! (Even th
Larry H
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
You might be tempted to write Abby Jimenez's new book The Friend Zone off as fluffy "chick-lit," assuming it's not much different than the countless other books like it out there.

You'd be wrong. Sure, there is romance, humor, talk of soulmates and futures, but there is also an extra layer of emotional complexity in this book. It made me want to devour the book even quicker than I did, and now that I'm done, I can't believe I have to wait until 2020 for Jimenez's next book!!

Josh and Kristen's m
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

This is one of the best books I have read so far!I devour it, it was fast paced and mostly I have a smile in my face!I fall in love with the characters and their relationship through the story.It has everything I wanted and even more!It was fun,sweet,emotional,intense and romantic.

description

I find it addictive and in the end I wanted more.It has great dialogues and the relationship between Kristen and Josh was unique.I fall hard for both of them.Kristen is the best, I loved her, she was sassy and I
preoccupiedbybooks
mahana ❀
Hey, everyone! This is a weird type of commentary on this book, but I've actually written a very personal and emotional blog post about my experience with PCOS and why reading about Kristen's uterine fibroids resonated so deeply with me. Please check it out if the topic isn't too triggering for you. It's a very, very emotional and important topic for me that'll always stay close to my heart. I don't think I'll ever be prepared to write a full review for this without also telling you the full s ...more
Cristina | CristiinaReads
A sweet banter between two friends/ co-workers who have to deal with this tension between them, and also learn how to cope with having life obstacles...

So you see that gif above? Yup! That gif explains this novel perfectly without using any words. But because I am me, I have to use words to better help you, the reader, understand what I mean. As you can see, the gentleman who is walking through the FRIEND ZONE door, is demonstrating an expression of hesitation. That was me when I first read th
Kendall
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this debut BLEW my expectations out of this world you guys! I kept hearing raving reviews about this book and was thinking "well see about that... most likely I'll be on my outlier island again."

Oh my goodness was I completely wrong... I LOVED everything about this book. This is not your typical light and fluffy romance read. It's so much more then that.. it has depth and emotions that will rock you to your core.

I'm wondering what else does Abby Jimenez have up her sleeve? Abby truly write
book bruin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***** NOW AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE! *****
Go meet and fall in love with Josh and Kristen today!

Purchase now: The Friend Zone

***UPDATED RELEASE DATE - June 11th, 2019!***
I'm so excited that readers get to fall in love with Josh and Kristen even sooner!!
description

5 stars isn’t enough for this laugh out loud, beautifully honest, and sometimes heartbreaking novel. This book consumed me in the best way possible right from the start and I’m confident it will be one of my favorite reads ever. The Friend Zone was on
Hollis
Phew.

I had been prepared (warned?) by mutuals that this story was a funny bit of fun but that it would be as equally heartbreaking as it was joyful. And I'm here to confirm that for you.

"I am not drunk. I'm just talking in cursive."

THE FRIEND ZONE starts off fairly lighthearted. A snarky first-meeting between our protagonists sets the tone for their association; Kristen is in a long-distance relationship with a deployed boyfriend and Josh is recently single, and recently relocated, and, despite
Jessica
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first read the synopsis of this book, I knew that I had to read this book. I couldn't wait to read a sweet rom-com that tackled some serious issues.

Kristen Peterson has accepted her future, which means making sacrifices when it comes to her life. Planning her best friend's wedding, Kristen doesn't like how she feels around the groom's best man, Josh. Josh is cute and fun. Josh likes Kristen. But Josh wants a big family. And Kristen can't give him that. So Kristen pushes Josh away until J
Meredith B.  (readingwithmere)
5 Stars!

It was about her allowing herself to be loved, despite what she felt were shortcomings. It was about her recognizing that she wasn't defined by her ability to have children, and that her worth went beyond the state of her uterus. That was her happily ever after.

The hype is REAL for this book. How do I like my romantic comedies? I like them to be laugh out loud funny, heart-warming and ultimately realistic. This book is that and then some.

Kristen is planning her best friends wedding and
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
A bad summary based on the book’s blurb: When Kristen and Josh accidentally get into a fender bender, they have no idea that they are already connected through their best friends. As the maid of honor and the best man, they’re going to have a lot of events to do…and there is no denying their chemistry. But when Josh tells her that he dreams of having a large family, it hits Kristen right in her womb…because she is infertile. Determined not to lead Josh on, she tries her best to keep him at a dis ...more
Amy
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MUST READ BOOK ALERT! You guys, I’m so excited about this one, it’s way up at the top of my favorite books of the year list and I want everybody to read it! Don’t be fooled by the cutesy cover and assume that it’s just another silly and fun rom com because it is SO much more than that. Yes, it has all the charm and laughs of a traditional rom com but it also has depth and tackles some serious subject matter as well. This isn’t just a fluffy book y’all and it’s way different than everything else ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I am so glad that I decided to read this book because I ended up loving it! I ended up reading the entire book in a single day and found that it was the perfect kind of story to curl up with for a few hours. I started reading hoping to lose myself in a romance for a few hours and I did but I feel like I also got a whole lot more than that. I really enjoyed every moment that I spend with this amazing story.

The characters in this story
Leigh
Jun 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC. I'm going to brief with my review in order not to be so negative. This book hit me wrong on all levels. The author was trying to be progressive and feminist but the execution was in fact very insulting to women and romance.

There's a love triangle, cheating, and a heroine stringing along two guys and an unnecessary death used a plot a device to further a character's growth. I don't like the 'special snowflake/unicorn' trope where the heroine is like no other gal.

“She was like
Kate ☀️ Olson
(free review copy) I’M NOT CRYING YOU’RE CRYING 😭 For real, though, this book made me laugh out loud and sob heavily, sometimes simultaneously. It’s romance but it’s oh so real and there’s sad, sad stuff and there’s all kinds of menstrual talk and there’s so much hanger and it’s just flat-out AMAZING. If you read anything besides depressing books that don’t make sense and win fancy literary prizes, you’ll love this book. I read it in one sitting and I’m furious that it’s over already. I need MOR ...more
Jamie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This review is difficult for me to write as there are no words that can truly do justice to this amazing book! Without a doubt, The Friend Zone will be making my top of 2019 list at the end of the year.

Kristen is helping her best friend Sloane plan her wedding - alongside the best man, Josh. There's something that draws Kristen to Josh, but since she is in a long distance military relationship, she pushes him off with scowls and sarcasm. The other issue? Josh wants children. Kristen suffers fro
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
I loved EVERYTHING about this book!

I love a girl with confidence and a kick-ass attitude. From the moment I was introduced to Kristen, I knew this was going to be an absolutely fabulous read. Funny, witty, comedic banter is my kryptonite and The Friend Zone is filled to maximum capacity with it. At this point, it would be a quiche to call it un-put-down-able, but it so totally is!

I think it's the juxtaposition of a very decidedly quirky Kristen against the even keel, yet witty Josh, that makes
Jemima
I got to read the first 5 chapters..... I need the rest ASAP!!!!

*gimme gimme* 🙏🏼

I can't wait to read the rest of their story once the book is released
Heather~ Nature.books.and.coffee
I absolutely LOVED this book!! Abby Jimenez is an amazing writer!! I was thinking this was going to be the cute romance. This book was not just cute though! This book had very serious topics. No spoilers, but a trigger warning for infertility! I felt for these characters. The main female character, so strong. The main male character, so kind, and likable! There was so much about this book that I was caught off guard about. Love, loss, friendships, humor, family drama, I was laughing, and crying. ...more
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
My rating: 2/5 stars

I received a copy from Forever Romance in exchange for a honest review.

I really hate doing this. I really do. Especially when the publisher was sweet enough to give me a copy and a cute note to celebrate the release of Abby Jimenez's debut novel.

I'm always skeptical when books are popularized all over Instagram and social media because most of the time, the book does not live up to the hype. You know what's more disappointing than an over-hyped book?

One that was doing so,
Milena
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Friend Zone has a lot of hype and high ratings already so I was very excited to read it. And although I did enjoy it, I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I liked many aspects of the book: the combination of humor with more serious themes of chronic illness and infertility, interesting characters with good chemistry, and the author's writing style. But I had some beef with this book too.

One of the things I hate to see in books is when an author will elevate the heroine of the
Leigh Kramer
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
CW: infertility

The Friend Zone was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019 and it exceeded all my expectations. The story has emotional heft and hit all the right notes. It’s compulsively readable. In fact, I read it in one day. It made me laugh out loud and it made me cry. I can’t stop gushing about it! Watching people realize they’re worthy of love is one of my favorite things and the payoff for Kristen and Josh’s happily ever after has given me so much life.

Here’s the thing. Abby Jimenez mad
Ari
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Am I really about to just hate on everyone's fave?

description

But on a serious note, this book raised my blood pressure and that ending left me livid.

RTC.
Jacqueline Wheeler
Juliana
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for this digital ARC.
Okay...so I don't even know where to start with this one. I expected this to be a deeper romcom because of the topic. Kristen has fertility issues, which is very well done and represented well. The author doesn't shy away from period talk or the struggles that Kristen goes through daily. Because of this, she has a hard time opening up and thinks she's not worth the trouble of a true relationship. Josh, on the other hand, is a hot fire
Basic B's Guide
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We have a WINNER!!! I was ready to throw in the towel and call it quits on May and then I sat down and devoured THE FRIEND ZONE. Two friends in particular have been raving about this book for months. I’m looking at you Kailey and Sarah. You girls lucked out because I LOVED IT!! So now you both will remain in my friend zone wink wink. So, I’m joining the cheer squad and ya’ll better get ready to hear me shout from the rooftops because the hype is REAL!!

Jimenez has crafted characters that have com
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS, OK?!

Ugh, a review will never do this book any justice.

But seriously. My emotions are everywhere and I don't know where to put them.

Starting off with Kristen, who was so unapologetically herself and made me fall madly in love with her through the entirety of the story! Kristen is *the* heroine of al heroines and her and Josh were a romance couple made in heaven! The dialogue, the chemistry, OH THE ANGST! I love how Abby truly embodies that best friend love leading i
Kailey (kmc_reads)
This one gets ALL THE STARS from me. It’s my favorite book I’ve read so far this year (and I don’t say that lightly!)❤🎉 Thanks to the publisher for my free copy in exchange for an honest review.
I love a good romance, but this one went above & beyond. The dialogue was fantastic, the chemistry was on point without being forced, there was just the right amount of angst, and of course, a few tears were shed. The characters were so lovable and real (I hate when a character is “flawed” just so th
Sarah/DragonflyReads
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review

photo 6147C9AE-6418-40A7-B292-40D5963BC6C0.jpg

She was the foundation. She was the thing that all other things are built on. Everything was secondary to being with her.”

Happy release day to THE FRIEND ZONE! Abby Jimenez’s debut novel was a true delight and so so hard to put down! This story is the epitome of romantic comedy as well as contemporary romance as it deals with real-life scenarios and had me shedding a few tears along the way.

• Say You Still Love Me
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • One Night at the Lake
  • The Last Hope (The Raging Ones, #2)
  • The Glass Hotel
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • The Last Post
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Malpractice
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • Steamroller (Hard to Love #4)
  • Seven Nights of Sin (Penthouse Affair, #2)
  • Method
  • Gone For You (All For You, #1)
  • My Brother's Roommate
  • The Boy and Girl Who Broke the World
  • The Stillwater Girls
Abby Jimenez is a Food Network champion, motivational speaker, and contemporary romance novelist living in Minnesota. She founded Nadia Cakes out of her home kitchen back in 2007. The bakery has since gone on to win numerous Food Network competitions and has amassed an international cult following. Abby's wry literary wit was spotlighted as the admin behind the hilarious viral comments on the now ...more
“I’m a woman. I can go into a bar penniless wearing sweats and a questionable rash and come out with leftovers and a buzz.” 1 likes
“This was the best date I’d ever been on. And it wasn’t even a date.” 1 likes