Start by marking “One of the Guys” as Want to Read:

One of the Guys

Rylee Everett has spent her entire life as a tomboy. One of the guys to the rest of the world. With that comes constant fights with her mom when it comes to wearing dresses and makeup. To her, it’s a waste of time. Time she would rather use at the skate park and hanging out with her best friend Spencer.
Well, that was her outlook until she bumps into her longtime crush at
Published June 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about One of the Guys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One of the Guys

Start your review of One of the Guys
Alaina
These two took FOREVER to become an item and I was annoyed with the whole thing. Other than that, it was cute and fluffy.

One of the Guys gave me two older-ish ('cause one is a twin) brothers who were my absolute favorite characters. It didn't matter to me that they were just side ones either - I liked them and wished they were my own family. Ryan and Will were very protective over their sister Rylee. It doesn't help that she has started to date guys but it was interesting to see them do the '/>One
Rmsooon
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ive read" one of the guys " and nah i ddnt like it there was alot of messed up things ,, i gave it 2 out of 5 stars
|| Soph ||
Oct 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
I WANT
SℓιM
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing wrong with being one of the guys, but you have to find the right guy to love you for who you are

*****Spoilers half way through****

Okay, this book was actually good. Not once did I get bored towards the end like I usually do with half of the books I’ve been reading. Though at first, I am like uhhhhh I don’t think I want to read this book, because of how it started off but once I/>*****Spoilers
Arceli
This book was one of my most anticipated releases. I read the first book my this author and really loved it. However, this book by her is my second read and unfortunately I was let down.

Rylee and Spencer have been best friends since they were kids. I liked Rylee and Spencer as characters. Their love for skateboarding, being adventurous, and relationship was overall good. I liked their friendship. It was sweet and very nice. The beginning of their relationship was good. However, what started goi
Jessica Wannamaker
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best friends

Rylee is a tomboy with a guy best friend and three pains for brothers.
Spencer is in love with his best friend so helping her get her crush is setting off every negative emotion for him, but he cannot help it, if he wasn't moving...

I really love best friends falling in love, so this made me feel great. A few tears at their stupidity and a few smiles on how they are together. Like her brothers I was rooting from the beginning.

I also enjoyed that it was a book with lots
Marie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Missed my expectations

So, the premise was good. But I'll be honest, this isn't my usual read. More cursing/ swearing than I'm comfortable with, excessive situations that are highly inappropriate and illegal, and no consequences for those poor actions. Also, needs a better editor.... so many typos, grammar errors, fudged words that were likely autocorrected wrong. I'm kinda disappointed in myself for finishing it. Honestly, my review probably isn't ask that fair for those who are not so picky about
Franki
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rylee has always been one of the guys. With three older brothers, one of which is her twin, plus the boy next door; being one of the guys just came naturally.
Spence, the boy next door has a secret, in fact, he has a few of them.
I enjoyed this story about learning about the people you; those you idolize, those you dismiss, and those you aren’t seeing for their full potential. This is a cute story of young love.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Ashley Hall
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Best friends are in their junior year of high school, but something had changed. Rylee, tomboy of the year, finally wants to be noticed by a boy. But the boy she wants isn't the same boy who's craving attention from her. I wing give anymore details, no spoilers here. If you want to know, got to read it yourself. The writing is fascinating, the characters are well written, as a whole, the story is great. You don't want to miss it. Voluntary review of an advanced reader ...more
Rebekah
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
So many edit errors

I just finished an alternating first person POV that I loved but this book made me crazy. I finished the book and the overall story was decent. I thought it was a different twist on an often written YA story-line, but the edit errors were really bad. There were lots of misplaced words and the verb tense was frequently wrong.

Content: This is clean-ish. Just a lot of crude talk.
Language: Definitely has language.
Religious: No

Happy reading!!
Carmen Davis
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I really really LOVED Spencer! He was so stinkin cute and the way he loved Rylee was seriously swoon worthy. Rylee was an idiot and she made so many poor decisions but she was funny. Overall, I thought this was a great read!

Katie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a love-hate relationship with this book! Best friend romance!

OMG! Why? I hate Rylee and Spencer, they are the most infuriating book characters. I love Rylee and Spencer, they have an amazing love story. I wanted to throw my phone across the room a few time, but the author made up for it at the end. I hope Rylee and Spencer get married and have kids.
Lucinda
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this best-friends to love romance. It was sweet and real, and many times you don't know what you have right under your nose. The overall flow of the book was done well, but the ending felt a bit rushed.

N. Nieto
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star read!!

I loved loved LOVED this book! Spencer and Rylee are the sweetest couple and the best of friends! I loved how the author let you see the strong bond of their friendship then the love growing. If you are looking for a best friend to lovers story this is the one to read!
Kimberly Kowalski
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Bring on the feels! My heart broke for Spencer every time Jax was mentioned, particularly because he was quite clearly such an epic douchecanoe. This was a fun, fast read about best friends that realize they could be more and the hurdles they set up for themselves before they reach the finish line.
Melanie
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When reading this book, I couldn't help but smile. It was adorable, and I hope you continue to write books like these. It inspires other writers to try something new, so please keep writing things like this.

One Of The Guys is a definite must read, and I recommend this book.

It's so worth the five stars.

Hayley Bradshaw
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it

I really loved Rylee and Spencer! And I loved all of her brothers, too. There were a few times that I thought they were acting a little over dramatic - but, honestly, I probably would’ve acted the same way at 17 with all the uncertainty that comes with having a crush on your best friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Urszula
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice YA story. A tomboy and her best friend plus a boy she is into. But, what would happen when she tries to uncover her feminine side? Nicely written story with nice background and reality.

Kimberly
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good teen and young adult romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good. The story is an enjoyable, and cute romance read.

Kaitlyn
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the Guys

This was a good book. I really enjoyed reading it. It was a cute teen best friend romance. I saw a few mistakes in editing and a few things I would fix in the storyline. But overall it was a good teen romance novel. I would give this a 4.7
Rachel
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it

Cute book. I really loved the guy Spencer but the girl Rylee was a bit too clueless for my liking. Good amount of angst leading up to the HEA
Melody Davis
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unusual

This had one twist that I wasn't expecting. I enjoyed it very much. To bad there wasn't more about the skateboarding.
Mai S
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Its so cliche but I'm such a sucker. I loved it!
It's was a cute story. Not alot drama. Just the way I like it.
Amanda
Melody
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: just-ok
Eh.

It was alright. I kept thinking that they should’ve figured it out much earlier, but... oh well. Also, there was lots of swearing and innuendo I didn’t appreciate.

3 stars.
Ashley Shaw
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
She's obnoxious and way too much build up

The main character is so obnoxious. The guy Martin character is sweet but the girl was just so annoying. It was just meh.
Ashlee Suker
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun Read

Well this was a fun read. Lots of humor thrown in. Rylee’s relationship with her family is hilarious. And her and Spencer are adorable!
Georgette
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story is cute, editing is terrible. Needs some serious proofreading.
Thi
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute read. It did drag here and there but all in all a cute read.

• I Hate You More
  • The New Girl (Oak Brook Academy #1)
  • Never Have I Ever Dated the Bad Boy (Never Ever Love, #3)
  • Falling For My Nemesis: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 6)
  • Never Have I Ever Faked a Boyfriend (Never Ever Love, #2)
  • Never Have I Ever Kissed My Brother's Best Friend (Never Ever Love, #1)
  • Falling for My Best Friend: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 7)
  • Tall, Dark, and Nerdy: A Sweet YA Romance (High School Billionaires Book 1)
  • One of the Girls (Friendzone Book 1)
  • Chemistry of a Kiss (Sweet Water High #5)
  • Hate to Love: A Bayfield High Romance Book 4 (Bayfield High Series)
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High Book 2)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High #3)
  • Rule #5: You Can't Trust the Bad Boy (The Rules of Love #5)
  • The Good Girl's Guide to Being Bad
  • Flirting with the Bad Boy (Sweet Water High Book 4)
  • It's a Prank: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 8)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
A.R. Perry is an American-born author who has lived all over the US due to her wanderlust husband. She has a degree in photography and massage therapy yet somehow works in human resources.

When she’s not working, reading, or writing she can be found sleeping because the day is practically done. Thank goodness for coffee, chocolate, and Panic! At The Disco or nothing would ever get done.