Start by marking “Hide Away (Rachel Marin Thriller #1)” as Want to Read:
Hide Away (Rachel Marin Thriller #1)

Hide Away

(Rachel Marin Thriller #1)

From the bestselling author of the Henry Parker series comes a page-turning thriller about a vigilante who’s desperate to protect her secrets—and bring a killer to justice.

On the surface, Rachel Marin is an ordinary single mother; on the inside, she’s a fierce, brilliant vigilante. After an unspeakable crime shatters her life, she changes her identity and moves to a sm

Published March 1st 2020 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Hide Away, please sign up.
Joan Huston It’s a great escape from normal “pandemic” boring life. I really am enjoying thrillers! Hide Away by Jason Pinter was one of the best I’ve read in a l…moreIt’s a great escape from normal “pandemic” boring life. I really am enjoying thrillers! Hide Away by Jason Pinter was one of the best I’ve read in a long time! Great story, characters are very interesting and I’m so glad another Rachel Marin book is coming next year! Highly recommend!(less)

Start your review of Hide Away (Rachel Marin Thriller #1)
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
Q: “What do you have against the police?” ...
“The same thing I have against genital herpes.” (c)
Q: You’re totally unhinged, Ms. Marin.”
“I never claimed to be fully hinged.” (c)
Q: “Let me ask you a question, Ms. Marin... Do you go looking for trouble on a daily basis?” (c)
The Sherlock vibe is a bit hard to miss. A good thing that I liked ACD when I was a kid.
'Wackadoo'.

Q:
You need my money like I need a submarine. (c)
Q:
Sometimes behind the kindest eyes lay the darkest hearts. (c)
“Life would suc
Victoria
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am woman, hear me roar. Helen Reddy

Pinter’s first book in a new series gripped me from the opening chapter, never letting go through to its satisfying conclusion. This was that ideal combination of well-developed characters you care about and a complex, unpredictable plot.

Rachel Marin’s family suffered an unspeakable crime, one that is slowly revealed in flashbacks, while in the present she lives the quiet life of a single, suburban mom until the death of the town’s former mayor pushes her int
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel Marin may look like a quiet mom, but she’s fierce and on the hunt to make things right. She is a victim of a horrible crime, which leads her to change her name and move to a small town. She’s trying her best to protect her children.

The former mayor of her new town is found dead, and Rachel gets involved to help. She sees a murder where the cause of death was ruled a suicide. The police resent her involvement, mostly because she tends to be right.

These actions put her in the crosshairs of
Matt
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Be sure to check for my review, first posted on Mystery and Suspense, as well as a number of other insightful comments by other reviewers.

Looking for a thriller that would keep my mind racing throughout, I turned to this new series by Jason Pinter. With a woman who’s hiding her past from the authorities, but it adamant about helping with a murder investigation, Pinter pulls readers in with Hide Away. He reveals everything in a slow and deliberate fashion,
Sheila Beaumont
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hide Away is probably the best Amazon Prime First Read choice I've ever made. It was an easy decision, because I've read previous books by Jason Pinter and enjoyed them.

This is his best book yet. It's full of action, the mystery is excellent, and it's well written. But it's primarily a character-driven tale. There are no cardboard characters or stereotypes here. The protagonist, Rachel Marin, is unique. I've never come across a heroine quite like her before.

I especially liked the interaction bet
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Intriguing, fast paced thriller with compelling characters. I had a little trouble with the plot. It was a stretch to believe a strong, determined woman would put her children in harms way, for someone she barely knew; given the horrors from the families past, were still unresolved.
Chris
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel Marin is a single mom with children Eric and Megan who is trying to escape her past and make a new start in Ashby, Illinois. When the disgraced former Mayor's body is found laying on top of a frozen river, appearing to be suicide, Rachel knows that it was murder.

What follows is a fast paced thriller where Rachel puts her life on the line to find out the truth, much to the ire of Detectives Serrano and Talley. The detectives can't figure why Rachel is so dogged in her pursuit of justice fo
Amy
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s been a theme in many thrillers over the past few years (especially if the main character is a woman) where she’s delusional and helpless and frankly, I’m beyond sick of reading books with these pathetic women. This book had none of that nonsense, Rachel is the polar opposite of a weak woman, she’s the kind of kickass character that you can not only root for, you can respect her and I couldn’t get enough of her sheer grit and determination.

I was pleasantly surprised that a big aspect of t
Dana
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced with a stellar storyline! This is a must read for mystery/thriller readers!

Plus Rachel Marin is a total bad ass!!
"Avonna
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

HIDE AWAY (Rachel Marin Thriller Book #1) by Jason Pinter is the start of a new thriller series featuring a single mother turned vigilante that had me so engrossed I could not put it down. Rachel Marin is a compelling new main character and I cannot wait for more books in this series!

After an unspeakable crime shatters a mother and her small children’s lives, she changes their identities and moves from the east coast to a small tow
Alena Reading
A pretty readable thriller that falls apart once you start thinking about it.

The plot was decent but the reveals were very anticlimactic and many decisions made by characters were unbelievable. I was disappointed to read how the bad guy just confessed everything to the protagonist before trying to kill her, I thought we were past that cliche!

My biggest problem was not being able to connect or even like the main character Rachel. She was not a good person. She constantly said her children were he
Lewis Weinstein
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first few chapters were confusing. But then, the story exploded and moved at rocket pace to the surprising end. Every character was well developed. I look forward to other books in this series.
Jeanne Adamek
Sep 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
I was so disappointed with this book. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a book with so many holes in the plot.

1. If one is a good mother who puts her children first, above all else as the Mom in the book says, then one does not run around being late so that her reliable child sitter quits. One also does not constantly put her children in danger while she pursues her curiosity about a murder in her town. And really- she would let her little boy be on the porch while she opened the bag with h
The Nerd Daily
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Marla Warren

Jason Pinter brings us a new hero in the form of Rachel Marin and she is a powerhouse – just like his new thriller, Hide Away! From victim to vigilante, Hide Away takes the reader on a deep dive into the world of Rachel Marin, and it is deep indeed. Using flashbacks and slowly filling in the gaps as he goes, Pinter has written an engrossing thriller that is incredibly hard to put down.

The book opens with Rachel making dinner for her
Christi M
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
I selected Hide Away as my Amazon First Reads selection, but to be honest I wasn’t 100% drawn to any of the options this month and almost didn’t select one. Ultimately, I liked the idea of a police procedural type of mystery and chose this one.

My ultimate fear was that the story would drag or that I would feel obligated to finish a book that didn’t really interest me. Thankfully, this wasn’t the case. I found myself so entranced by it that I would mean to read only a chapter and then several cha
Linda Strong
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rachel Marin met the former mayor a while back .. before she was murdered. The police think this was either an accident or suicide ... but Rachel knows it was murder.

Now all she has to do is to convince the detectives who are leading the investigation. But Rachel has no love of the cops ... she doesn't trust them to do what's right.

Rachel has a secret ... one that traumatized her and her young children. She's changed their names, moved across the country, and started a new life for them.

She's af
Lesa Divine
Oct 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rachel running but why?
One day her life chances when her and her son finds something horrible on their front porch.

Moving changing her name and learning to defend herself and her kids she finds herself helping the police to solve a murder of a Mayor.

But the polices not so sure about Rachel.
She's hiding something.

Interesting how her past finally comes together. Enjoyed the mystery of it all.
Herb Evans
Feb 05, 2020 rated it did not like it
The single worst opening sentence in the literary history of the Western world. “The night her family was ripped apart, the woman stood by her oven, watching the chicken cook through the glass, thinking to herself there was nothing on earth more terrible than a burnt casserole.”

And I think to myself, “I just bet she’s in for a big surprise.” I wasn’t going to stick around long enough to find out

I quit reading right there
Jackie Taylor
Mar 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
*Per FTC regulations, I won and received this e-book for free in a Goodreads Giveaway. This contest has played no part in influencing the following review.

Two words: Copy Editor. Hire one, immediately.

I recall seeing Hide Away as one of the options for Amazon First Reads, and distinctly remember reading the premise and rolling my eyes at the same tired trope that has plagued the publishing industry for the past decade. Unfortunately, I must have left it on my “to-read” shelf and entered the giv
Sherri Thacker
Hide Away is my first book by this author, Jason Pinter. And one of the reasons I wanted to read it was because I saw he has a sequel coming out in a month or so and I have it on hold at my library. What a great action-packed book this was and I loved Rachel Marin. I was cheering for her in the whole book!! Looking forward to A Stranger at the Door, book #2.
Cheryl
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Sometimes behind the kindest eyes lay the darkest hearts."

Seven years ago Olivia Powell and her children devastated and life would never be the same again.

Rachel Marin and her two children have changed their identities and moved to the small town of Ashby, Illinois. Rachel has spent the last seven years preparing herself so no one will ever hurt her or her children again.

Then one day, as she tries to live a quiet, unassuming life, she sees that a friend of hers is dead - the ex-mayor of their s
Michael Slavin
3,300 Amazon Reviews 4.4 Avg
8,254 Goodread reviews 4.2 Avg

Okay, it was good. This is a story about a woman who experiences extreme violence and pain. There is a vigilante element and a protect your family element.

What I liked:
- It is very well written.
-Lots of twists and turns.
-Interesting.
-This is a complex story that covers a lot of ground.
-It has a good ending.

What I didn't like:
-It just seemed a little too long. Some parts seemed to drag a little, could have been more condensed. But it is po
Mystica
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In this small town, Rachel Marin does not cause any extra interest. Keeping a low profile is what she seeks and being a single mother of two kids is all she hopes for. Just to lie low after the horrific events that tore her family apart and left her children bereft and tormented.

When a former mayor turns up dead, and especially since the detectives want to deem it suicide, Rachel steps in with theories that support her view that it was murder. Both detectives find Rachel intrusive but they are h
Val
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I reeeally liked this book! Rachel and her keen observations were fascinating to read about. Those same observations led to her unsolicited, over-involvement in the case, which for some readers may have been carried a bit too far at times. Having said that, did I mention I really liked this book?😉 There are back and forth time sequences, which I normally dislike, but I found them easy to follow. I was glad to read more of who Rachel was and how it led to who she has become. I can't wait to read ...more
Elizabeth
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very much impressed with the main character. So believable and real. I unfortunately have to wait a year for book 2 in the series.
Susan
Jun 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced! Couldn't put it down! Loved it! ...more
Cathi
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending! What a surprise

No spoilers but if you love a good thriller this book is for you! I'm so glad I finished this detective thriller, excellent ending
Julie Greenwalt
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Good storyline but just unrealistic in so many aspects. Also super easy to figure out “who did it”—very disappointing. The writing style is fairly good—he has potential.
Soo
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Notes:

Good characters and decent action. The mystery? Eh. Not very mysterious and I'm not a fan of awkward flashbacks to flesh out character background. I do like the main characters and will read the next book when it comes out.

• The Other Mrs.
  • Takes One to Know One
  • Little Secrets
  • The Other People
  • The Silent Ones
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • The Wives
  • The Warehouse
  • Thinking Inside the Box: Adventures with Crosswords and the Puzzling People Who Can't Live Without Them
  • Filmish: A Graphic Journey Through Film
  • In the Valleys of the Noble Beyond: In Search of the Sasquatch
  • The Prized Girl
  • The Satapur Moonstone (Perveen Mistry, #2)
  • The Confession Club (Mason, #3)
  • Dear Edward
  • A Matter of Chance
  • The Heap
  • The Missing Letters of Mrs Bright
See top shelves…
Jason Pinter is the bestselling author of HIDE AWAY and A STRANGER AT THE DOOR in his Rachel Marin series, as well as six other novels: the acclaimed Henry Parker series (The Mark, The Guilty, The Stolen, The Fury, and The Darkness), the stand-alone thriller The Castle, as well as the middle-grade adventure novel Zeke Bartholomew: SuperSpy, and the children’s book Miracle. His books have over one ...more

Rachel Marin Thriller (2 books)
  • A Stranger at the Door (Rachel Marin Thriller, #2)

News & Interviews

“A hole about six feet long, two feet wide, and four feet deep. A shovel lay beside the hole. She” 0 likes
“Sometimes there are truths in fiction. In fantasy. Sometimes made-up stories tell us more about who we are than reality.” 0 likes