Start by marking “Rumors” as Want to Read:
Rumors

H.J. Bellus

Rumors

"The Hidden Truth"

Our shadows are always there.

They entertain us when we’re little, just like best friends.

As we grow older, they grow with us. Even through the darkness they stay, never leaving our side.

They watch.
They listen.
They know all our secrets. Endure our pain. Their silence remains while only rumors drift in the wind.

Soon our shadows turn from friend to
Expected publication: January 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Rumors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumors

Start your review of Rumors
Michelle
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arc
This book is everything!
We've missed you HJ Bellus, and what a way to come back!...
The feels and emotion in this book. It's definitely a MUST read of 2020!
The message in this book is something every woman and young girl should read and take to heart. And it tells us all to stay strong and never give up.

My favorite words are:

“All the beautiful things”

The moral of it all is, family is family, and no matter what paths our lives take us, we are still connected. It doesn't matter how ugly our past
Leaona Luxx
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never in my life have I been struck as speechless as I am now.

This book.

Is unexpected. Raw. Honest. Unforgettable.

Once in a while, a book comes along to not only entertain but to heal, to help others understand, to show someone how to move forward and to look beyond what you thought someone was or who they are. This book does all of that and more!!

It’s full of reflection and wisdom. Facing down demons and growth. One that will help those that have lived a life such as this know there is
Jillian_J
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
rumor
[ˈroomər]
NOUN
rumors (plural noun)
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
Synonyms:
gossip · hearsay ·

This story is a perfect example of “Judge not, that ye be not judged (Matthew 7:1)”

I am truly blown away by the first release of 2020 by HJ.

This story is full of so much pain, heartache, and despair. Frankie was hurt at such a young age in her life. Hiding behind the four corners of her home, one place where she can feel safe under the watch and comfort of her
Rhonda Ziglar
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 RAW AND BEAUTIFUL STARS!! This story is Raw and beautiful....it reached in grab my heart and squeezed it all the way through. Frankie and Dalton have one heck of a story to tell you, so grab some tissues and listen. The feels in their story are jumping of the pages. H.J. Bellus is a phenomenal storyteller that grabs you in the heart with her words. This is one book you need to read, but know it is a hard to hear.
Stacy Jo
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. 5 million stars! This book gives voice to abused/molested/raped children everywhere!
CYNDY
Shelves: arc
*****5 Rumors Stars*****
H.J. Bellus is a fairly new author for me and I won this ARC from the author and let me just say WOW. I hate that what happened to Frankie is happing right now somewhere and they might not have the help or support Frankie did. Dalton is the new sheriff in town and on his first encounter with Frankie he knows something not right and the town people will keep pretending like nothing is happing or happened. Frankie has been hiding behind the comfort of her home and
Brittney
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When HJ Bellus announces a new release, it’s usually a guaranteed 5 Star Read...until she released Rumors! If there was a way to double the allowed amount of stars, I would! I was absolutely blown away by this one!!! It was amazing! I have not been so invested in a storyline in a long time! I also haven’t read a book in a while where I was just as in love with the secondary people as I was the main H and h! Dalton is the type of man dreams are made of but his brother is the guy you want around ...more
Vicky
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I almost stopped reading after first chapter because it was just that painful to read, but so glad I continued. I loved it. It's a topic all too often swept under the rug, not talked about because the person is in high standards of a community, the victim not believed left to suffer in silence. HJ did a tremendous job in bringing it to light. I was so happy how Frankie handled it. Fell in love with Dalton, Truckee, and Opal. Another number one on your hands Heidi Jo Bellus. Love ya!
Kristy Shaffer
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg! HJ Bellus never disappoints and Rumour is this one lives up to her reputation as Queen of words! Such a heart breaking, heart mending, heart felt story that once I started I had trouble putting down as I got lost in Frankie’s story.
Not for the faint hearted but omg this book I promise you if you read it you will not be disappointed.
The queen is back!
Kathy Coopmans
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HJ Bellus came out of the box with rumors.
There’s so much depth to this story. So many things that I’ve can’t come up with the right words except life has a way of picking you up when you least expect it.
This story has a voice that many need to hear. I heard it loud and clear.
Brilliant and all the stars.
Kathy Coopmans
USA Today Bestselling Author.
Karlie
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely phenomenal. H j bellus never disappoints
.This book feeds you every emotion in spades.
I cant put the right words to give this book,just know you will need tissues.but it is worth it
Just heartbreaking yet beautiful
Kim Gauger
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very controversial topic but one that needed to be written. Heartbreakingly beautiful. A story so wrong that it was right. I loved the way this story played out and the way it was told. The characters were dynamic, different and captivating. Loved it!
Tammi
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HJ Bellus knows how to write an emotional story that will tear at my heartstrings and this one is no different. My heartbroke for Frankie. The girl lived through HELL!
And yes it is the story of her pain, her shame and an entire town who let a young girl down BUT...
It is also a story of a young girl's strength, a story of hope. She found a Knight in shining armour to save her but also found an inner strength to save herself.
This book blew me away!! A story that might make you uncomfortable at
Heather Packer
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay so the timing on this was fantastic! I just got finished with a few books and saw this one pop up. I have read a few HJ books before and know her writing is good so went straight in blind. And, oh boy, am I glad I did!
I have read her fighter books and this is definitely a contrast! But what an amazing surprise this book was!
Dalton is a commanding, assuming, insightful, flawed human being. He is tall and broad and full of all the amazing aspects you would expect from a book Boyfriend, while
Krystle
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to start......

Bellus never disappoints with her books, but this one... This one took me on a ride, a ride that I wasn't expecting or ready for. This book hooked me from page one and I couldn't put it down after starting. This book may finally replace "That Girl" as my favorite Bellus book.

This story is full of emotions and could be triggering for some readers. There are spots that were hard to read, but Bellus did a fantastic job in showing us Frankie's hurt, pain, and everything she is
Konny
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rumors by H.J. Bellus is a raw and gritty read , a story that gave me all the feels. Rumors is not for the faint of heart and deals with sensitive subjects.
Meet Frankie, a 17 year old girl that's already through a lot. Her life was never an easy one, but what happened to her at age 13 , nobody should endure such atrocious things. And now she lost the last part of her family.
Dalton Cray is the new sherif in the small town and his first case leads him to Frankie. Both have a instant connection.
Natasha
What a beautiful story of healing and loving. Frankie was the start of most rumor's in her small town. Most the small town conversations didn't take to what truly was happening. BUT as Frankie get's older she is tired of people thinking the worst for her, so she stands tall and fights what is right. Now that Dalton is the new sheriff in town, he sees something special in Frankie. He now is on his own determination to do right by her. As he does this he unearths feelings he hasn't had.

I loved
Emily Mae
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What to say about this book, I just don't know it was sick a roller coaster and came out having a happy ending I don't know who I fall for in this book Dalton or Truckee they both pulled at my heart. I think this is one of my favorite book from H.J. Bellus. This book has some details that can trigger some people but I fill like we need to know about it because people just cover it up or don't say anything. I finished this book in one sitting it is so worth it though. Go get it when it comes out.
Karie Gibson
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh I don't know if I can do this book enough justice. Frankie was a terrified girl who was one step away from self destruction. Dalton was the new sheriff in town. One look at Frankie and there was a pull and a need to protect. He became her champion, her hero and her church. Through determination she made strides by leaps and bounds. I encourage everyone to find your beautiful. This book will leave you breathless. This book will give a voice to all the abused women and children of the world.
Heather andrews
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dalton is real honest when his woman asks a question, "I decide to be honest. “My head is effed up. I tried to clear it by beating the ***t out of a punching bag.” I mean real honest, "...and all I can think about is kissing the h**l out of you and never letting anyone ever effing hurt you. I want you all to myself.” Dalton appreciares when his woman turns saucy, “jealousy will always and forever be hot as hell on you.” I liked this book, I liked Dalton.
Jeni Davis
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. Frankie is such an amazing woman and I feel she can be a role model to many who are unfortunately in her situation, just maybe not every aspect of how she was able to heal. I absolutely loved Dalton and Truckee and Preach and Opal. Do yourself a favor and read this book. You won't be sorry.
Tiffany Houston Kyser
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book left me raw with emotion through the entire book. It had me crying many times and had me laughing later. This is not your typical HJ Bellus book, but I think by far the best yet.
Lydia H
Jan 25, 2020
Cheryl Cheston
rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2020
Diane plourde
Jan 24, 2020
H.J. Bellus
Jun 02, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa   cheney
Marnie
Elaine Bienacker

• Release
  • The Boyfriend Blog
  • Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • Rebel Heart
  • Next To Me
  • Just as I Am
  • Audition
  • The Chef's Cutie
  • Bound to Me (The Harbour Series, #1)
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Untwist (Unbound Trilogy, #3)
  • Royal Playboy (Playboy Royal, #1)
  • London Soul (London Royal #2)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago #3)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/