Jump to ratings and reviews

Heaven's Heart #4

Ascending Passion

Is the truth really worth dying for?

Becoming a bodyguard isn’t exactly on Yael’s list of dream jobs. In fact, he’s much better at killing than he is at saving people. But when the most powerful witch Crone in the Americas asks him for a favor, he isn’t left with much of a choice. And the worst part? His new client doesn’t believe in magic and she’s human.

The love of Rowan Broome’s life is dead; killed in a horrific car accident. Rowan seeks escape, only for it to be offered in the opportunity of a lifetime: become an excavation director for an archaeological dig in Egypt. Unbeknownst to her, her boss isn’t the magnanimous Luke Starre she believes, but Lucifer, ruler of Hell.

Burdened with a bodyguard she doesn’t want, but desperate to forget her past, Rowan is drawn closer and closer to Lucifer. Can she survive the twisted web he’s woven, or will Yael have to save her from herself?

Heaven's Heart series - In Progress
Deadly Passion
Benevolent Passion
Winged Passion
Ascending Passion
Secret Passion (coming soon)

Kindle Edition

Published August 22, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Amanda Pillar

42 books88 followers
Amanda Pillar is an USA Today Bestselling author and award-winning editor who lives in Australia, with her husband and two children.

Amanda writes and edits urban fantasy, romance, horror and science fiction. She's the author of the unique Graced series and the paranormal romance adventure series Heaven's Heart, and is the co-author of the Moonlit Hills series. Amanda also is the author of Haunt Me, a standalone book in the Immortal Vices and Virtues series.

She has had over a dozen short stories published, with her fiction appearing in Space and Time Magazine, Kisses by Clockwork, Cranky Ladies of History, the Red Penny Papers, with more to come.

In her day job, she is an archaeologist.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 24 of 24 reviews
Profile Image for Dianne.
6,765 reviews579 followers
August 22, 2019
Every book in this series just gets better and better. Amanda Pillar’s attention to the smallest of details brings her characters to life. Every one of their emotions and actions seem like a perfectly choreographed dance leading up to an incredible ending that will leave readers screaming, “Encore! Encore!”

ASCENDING PASSION starts out slowly with a little comedy from the most powerful witch in America! But even her light-hearted banter has a serious side as she encourages (read that: gives him no choice) a fallen angel, Yael to act as a human bodyguard for her granddaughter, Rowan, a non-believer in magic, as she goes on the archeological dig of a lifetime in Egypt. Little does anyone know she may be the key to finding redemption for the fallen angels…if she survives.

Grab the handrails because each page picks up the momentum, brings in more supernatural beings and sometimes you have to wonder who the bad guys really are! But is there romance, you ask…of course, there is, but I have to say, it becomes a natural part of this story, not the main page filler and it is wonderful to see!

Brilliant storytelling, strong characters, humor, attitude, good versus evil versus doing the right thing! What an ending! What a fantastic ending! You have to love grandparents!

I received a complimentary ARC edition from Amanda Pillar! This is my honest and voluntary review.

Series: Heaven's Heart - Book 4
Publisher: Maatkare Books (August 22, 2019)
Publication Date: August 22, 2019
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Print Length: 360 pages
Available from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
For Reviews, Giveaways, Fabulous Book News, follow: http://tometender.blogspot.com
Profile Image for Kel Carpenter.
Author 43 books1,327 followers
April 20, 2020
Awesome PNR Series

One of my favorite PNR series. I think this might be the best of the four so far. I can’t wait for the next one.
Profile Image for Tera Comer.
2,136 reviews40 followers
September 26, 2019
Each book in this series gets better and better and pulling me further into the world where I wish I could be a part of. Yael and Rowan's story was full of action and plenty of new twist and turns to keep you guessing at what will happen next. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book
August 15, 2019
Another fantastic addition to the series! I loved reading Yael and Rowan’s story. It was fun, full of action and new twists that keep me guessing what will happen next. Can’t wait for the next book!
Profile Image for Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon.
2,087 reviews149 followers
January 14, 2020
5 Cranky Stars

Each book gets better and better, in this fourth book you get to follow Yael and his beautiful witch, who thinks she is human nonetheless. Lots of laughs in the beginning, full of light-hearted banter. The most powerful witch in America asks Yael to be a bodyguard for her granddaughter, Rowan, while she goes on a archaeological dig in Egypt, he agrees hoping to find redemption along the way. Yael used to be my least favorite character, but this book changed my opinion of him. He is more than I ever imagined.

What more from a book do you want? You have fallen angels with powerful witches; throw in Hades, Lucifer, demons, and a curse from a pharaoh's tomb! Amazing mix of characters that equal out to an amazing story.
Profile Image for Kaye.
6,823 reviews57 followers
August 21, 2019
ONE CAPTIVATING ADVENTURE!!!
Touchdown! Amanda jumps right over gold and into platinum. If you're looking for an action packed, adrenaline pumping, heart pounding, pulse racing, jaw dropping, page flipping bombshell. Congratulations my friends, you've just sunk neck deep in it. This baby hooks you from the start and reels you in for the duration. Nah, you won't be able to put this baby down. Wrangling through the trials and tribulations trying to get one step ahead and coming up short. A throng of startling circumstances and unforeseen events blast those churning emotions forward in this thrilling storyline and gripping plot. The realism and authenticity of the characters as their on point personalities blend and connect along with the graphically detailed scenes that really pull this baby together smoothly. Awesome job Amanda, thanks for sharing it.
August 14, 2019
Another fantastic instalment in this kickass series.

When we met Yael in the previous books I would have happily told you he was probably my least favourite character. This book completely changed my perspective of him for the better. I will admit that Rowan’s blinkered was drive me a little potty...but that was the point..her inability to accept what was right in front of her face, made this all the more a great story.
The plot is thickening and the pieces are in place for a big kick ass reveal and I’m ready for it.

This book was such an enjoyable read, bring on the archeological digs and Egyptian history lessons...I was in my element and happy place and didn’t want to leave.

I’m happily anticipating book 5!! 🙌🏻♥️
Profile Image for Nicole Henderson.
677 reviews3 followers
August 22, 2019
OMG this book started off slow it needed to because unlike the rest of the characters in this series Rowen isn’t a believer of anything other than her work. She’s just a plain old boring human!!! Yeal on the other hand he’s one of the fallen darts and he’s not so friendly. But as the story moves along you’ll find yourself enjoying the read and watching the characters blossom especially Rowen. If you love ancient history especially ancient Egypt you love this story. The book has an ending I didn’t see coming but I did place one vital piece together and I was proven write later in the story. I loved this story from start to finish and now cant wait to read the next book which is due sometime early 2020.
1,589 reviews4 followers
August 23, 2019
“Seeing is believing and still, doubt what you see." That seemed to be Rowan's motto. What a difficult woman! With a strong will and hidden desires, she was taking down Yael’s defenses. He was her protector and the fallen angel knew what his heart wanted but, was he enough for her? Could he choose his destiny, or all would be lost for him? Interesting the demon characters that had their own role in the story. Enlightening and entertaining the search for the artifact and the history behind. Amused with Dru’s comments and the powerful Dora who always was a step ahead. Action, suspense, witty and strong characters, power play, friendship, magic, curses, much digging, romance, passion and a last scene that left me very intrigued.
173 reviews
August 25, 2019
Heaven's all good...Hell's all bad...but not really! Throw together a fallen angel and a most powerful witch who doesn't even know she's a witch, and watch the sparks fly. Add in a few more fallen angels, Lucifer, Hades, and scores of demons; stir in curses protecting a pharaoh's tomb; mix well with the 2nd piece of Heaven's Heart and you have a heck of a story to tell. And then there's the sexual tension...WOW!!

Amanda Pillar has done it again! This series is fantastic fun with more twists and turns than a little mountain road. I can't wait to see where she takes this next!

I received an ARC of this book from the author. However, I leave this review because I want to tell others to grab this book/series and brace for impact!!
Profile Image for Inishowen Cailín.
676 reviews27 followers
September 23, 2019
This series is a firm favourite of mine. Yael and Rowan's story is a fun read with plenty of twists. Despite there is a little bit of sadness at the start of the novel as Rowan grieves her fiancé, humour really fills the pages along with the intrigue and suspense involved in searching for another piece of Heaven's Heart.

I loved that their treasure hunt took them to Egypt and to an active archaeology site. I like Egyptology but I really love reading about the early digs there and the superstitions that developed. It made the curses and spells that Yael had to deal with sound very realistic! It's very easy to get pulled into the magic in this story.

I recommend reading this series in order.
Profile Image for Fiona Andrew.
767 reviews12 followers
August 24, 2019
What another fabulous instalment in the lives of these angels. Despite not wanting a bodyguard gig, Yael taken on the request from the most Powerful Witch in America to protect her granddaughter. What ensues is not quite what he expected. Rowen uncovers a lost tomb and then all sorts of magical things happen to them. I totally love these stories and look forward to each new one as it is released. Grab a copy and lose yourself in the world of angels, demons, magic and some mayhem. Highly recommend.
Profile Image for Donna.
703 reviews
September 2, 2019
Ascending Passion is Book 4 in the Heaven's Heart series. Another awesome entry in this series. Yael (a fallen angel) and Rowan (a witch but she doesn't know it and does not believe in magic) story is filled with action, strong characters, magic, curses, suspense, passion, romance, excavating an Egyptian tomb. The storyline is well written and intriguing with very well developed/interesting characters. Looking forward to the next in series. This is one fantastic story which I highly recommend. Received an ARC and this is my voluntary and honest review.
Profile Image for Sydney.
304 reviews35 followers
August 20, 2019
I continue to love this series more and more. The story of Rowan and Yael had so much growth not only the two of them as characters but then story as well. There may just be more to Heaven's Heart then just a quest of punishment and the more you learn the more you question who is truly evil. Also loved that this one had so much history in it. With Rowan going on an excavation you get to learn alot about Egyptian history.
1,488 reviews8 followers
August 21, 2019
I've loved this series from the start and this new book is no different. Yael was one the most difficult of the fallen for me to identify with, because he's always been shown to be so prickly and abrupt. In this book, his characters is developped and explored and I finished up really liking him. Rowan has always had my vote, and in this story she really comes into her own. A little bit more of Trick and things would be perfect!
Profile Image for Fran Zoch, LSoR.
2,033 reviews12 followers
August 22, 2019
Wow every one of these keeps getting better and better , this is Rowan and Yaels story and she is trying to get over the love of her lifes death so she goes on a dig in Egypt with a bodyguard she does not want and is drawn to , I love the whole storyline because we not only get parts of history but we also get these wonderfully broken characters who love hard even when they don't want to!!! I couldn't wait to leave my review
Profile Image for J.M..
931 reviews4 followers
October 25, 2019
No spoilers of any kind included.
So all I’m going to say about Ascending Passion is I thought it was awesome.
Amanda Pillar is an amazing story weaver.
Her books always hook me before I even get to the second chapters which is why she will always be on my favorite authors list.
So I am going to say heck yeah I do most definitely recommend this book but if you haven’t read any of the books before this one then I highly suggest that you do.
3,392 reviews13 followers
August 15, 2019
I enjoyed reading this book , it has a good storyline. There is action, adventure and intrigue. The interaction and chemistry between the characters is wonderful. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
151 reviews1 follower
August 16, 2019
This book takes place in Egypt, with a team of archeologists trying to find a specific artifact. Rowan has lived her life by living off of her gut instinct. Yael is hired to be her body guard, but can he keep her safe? This book adds on to where the other books have lead to. It keeps you intrigued!
Profile Image for Vicky.
112 reviews3 followers
November 28, 2019
Yael has previously come across as a bit of an ass in the earlier books and so it was eye-opening to find out what was going on behind the scenes with him and just what made him tick. This whole book was fantastic from beginning to end. I love a good bit of Egyptology and this nailed it for me.
9,642 reviews102 followers
August 26, 2019
What a wonderful story to make your day. Comedy, some serious stuff and you’ve got yourself one amazing book. Ready for more.
9 reviews
December 28, 2019
Great read

Great reads help to get you out of a reading slump. I really enjoyed reading this series. Can’t wait for the next book
Displaying 1 - 24 of 24 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.