Start by marking “More Than We Remember” as Want to Read:
More Than We Remember

More Than We Remember

One night changes everything for three women. . . .

When Addison Killbourn's husband is involved in a car accident that leaves a woman dead, her perfectly constructed life crumbles apart. With her husband's memory of that night gone and the revelation of a potentially life-altering secret, Addison has to reevaluate all she thought she knew.

Emilia Cruz is a deputy bearing a
Published February 18th 2020 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about More Than We Remember, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than We Remember

Start your review of More Than We Remember
Staci
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
While this novel is about dementia, suicide, drug dependency, death and other difficult topics, at the heart it's primarily a story of being involved enough in the lives of others to see beyond the surface. There is fulfillment to be gleaned if we seek it out.

I love the way the author book ends with two young teens that are secondary characters. It lets us know that readers were exposed to only three families impacted by tragedy and there are others in pain too.

Brianne was my favorite of the
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
All the feels. This book has them all you will cry, you will laugh, you want to reach out and let them know you care and are there for them.
As I read this book, I was emotional, at first so much was going on I was not sure how I felt but it was a book I won't soon forget.
This was my first time reading this author but I can say it will not be my last book by Nelson.
5 stars in my opinion and I HIGHLY recommend it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review
Sarah Grace Grzy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
You know a gorgeous cover is always the first things we talk about . . . And this one is stunning! The actual paperback copy is gorgeously textured as well, which just adds to the uniqueness of this cover! The formatting is also beautiful as well with the blurred effect on the chapter headings.

More Than We Remember is Nelson's debut with Bethany House . . . but it doesn't read like a debut! Nelson's writing style is so beautiful and instantly draws you into the emotions of the characters and
Jocelyn Green
I really enjoyed this story. The premise hooked me right away, and I was pleased to see how the author wove in subplots related to memory with several of the characters, exploring the theme from a variety of angles. It was interesting to see how three different women handled their own fears, guilt, and suspicions. There are no discussion questions built into the back of the book, but a book club would still find plenty to talk about with this novel. How much do we take responsibility for our ...more
Camille Eide
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charming While Authentically Real

What a wealth of practical insight and emotional intelligence in this thought-provoking story. Full of heart-wrenching emotion, human frailty, and gentle wisdom, Nelson has again proven herself highly adept at creating endearing, authentic characters struggling with the stress of heartbreaking situations while stirring her charming wit and inspiring wisdom through it all.

I love that the books title hints at an important theme that grows in clarity as the story
Leslie M.
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

I enjoy stories told from multiple POVs, and this was no exception. I've never read anything by this author in the past, but she's definitely on my radar now!

More Than We Remember is an emotional, suspenseful tale. It pulled me in from the start. Overall, this highly engaging tale is a hope-filled story with friendship and faith as key themes. There are certainly some heart-wrenching scenes, but also scenes of forgiveness and redemption. I love how Nelson ties the lives of the three
Melissa
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful offering from Christina Nelson. I really connected with each of the main characters and liked going on their journeys with them. The bits of mystery surrounding the main accident kept me intrigued and guessing.
There were times during each character's story that I didn't like them at all, but then there were times that they endeared themselves to me. Some parts of the plot are predictable and I saw them coming, but there are some surprises that I enjoyed.
The story is a quick
Victoria Lynn
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a really enjoyable read! With threads that intersect again and again and a focus on grace and the power of redemption, I found this book to not only be enjoyable, but also heartwarming.
The many characters whose lives have been turned upside down by difficult circumstances somehow all intersect and their stories were moving, heart rending, individual but connected, and overall, an amazing reminder of the power of compassion.
I found myself most relating to Brianne, with her
Andrea Cox
FTC Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley. These are my honest thoughts.

My first impression of Mrs. Nelsons writing is spectacular. She blew me away with the complexity of this one. I loved how each set of characters overlapped with the others. Isnt that so much like real life? Our lives intersect with so many other people throughout our daily journeys, and that was exquisitely on display in this book.

The characters were broken and hurting, yet the hope strung
Paula Shreckhise
This novel was so touching. The writing had me emotionally involved.
Emilia, Addison, and Brianne move in different circles. When a horrific car accident happens, their circles intersect like a Venn Diagram.
Each woman is haunted by her own demons. Each one has been shaped by her background and circumstances. Each one has faith, sometimes strong, sometimes floundering. Each one is just trying to live her life. Much like the rest of us.
Ms. Nelson has posed seemingly impossible situations for
Kailey
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! It was my first book by this author, but I dont think it will be my last. I love how she wrote about the 3 different women and how their lives were connected by a tragedy. I also love the message of hope in here. I would definitely recommend this book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Nancy
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I like this book because it is written from the viewpoint of 3 separate women. Their lives are changed one night. It shows the struggles and joys of going through tragedy. It takes a lot to bring me to tears while reading. This book did just that. It is a heavy book, dealing with heavy topics. Opioid abuse, DUI, death, suicide, memory loss, yet there is hope within the pages. I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. All views stated are my own.
Becky
Mar 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
This book pulled me in on the first page, and I absolutely flew through it! It's the story of three women navigating tragedy, brought together by proximity and circumstance.

The plot contains an aspect of mysteryAddison's husband Caleb is believed to be responsible for a deadly accident, but he has no memory of the eventbut, more than anything, this is a book about friendship. It highlights just how much we need each other as all three women come to find community.

Heavy topics like substance
Inspirationalfictionreader
This is the second story that I have read by Christina Suzann Nelson. I really like her writing style as it draws you immediately into the story. In More Than We Remember, there are three points of view. This was well done and really worked for this story because you get to know what each of the main characters is feeling and thinking. I also liked the slight mystery that ran throughout.

That being said, for me, this story, including all of the secondary stories, was just too heavy. I wish the
Nicole
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations with a GIVEAWAY

Filled with heartache, pain, and hope for the future, Christina Suzann Nelsons latest novel, More Than We Remember, will have readers reflecting on the story long after the final page. After a fatal car accident, three women find themselves connected in a shocking way that will change their lives forever. A coachs wife, a deputy, and a counselorthree women carrying burdens of their own, are all searching for answers to overcome the pain of
Nicole
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson is exquisite. This is a story that got under my skin, pierced my heart, and left me cheering. This story made me talk; I may have bugged my husband every couple of hours with random thoughts and questions: what is forgiveness? What does grace actually look like? What if? I absolutely adore when a book gets me thinking and makes stop in my reader tracks to have an immediate conversation. I truly love everything about this book the superb writing ...more
Joan
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this novel with many interesting themes woven though a good plot. The novel is very well written with characters portrayed so that they really grabbed at my emotions. The plot is very realistic regarding the pain we experience. While there are some amazing victories, not every one lives happily ever after. Just like real life.

I recommend this insightful and thought provoking novel. You'll be challenged with how characters trust God, struggle with offering forgiveness, battle
Abby Breuklander
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Life can be so unfair at times and it's so hard to trust God when things spiral out of control because of something we do or someone else does. Every decision that we make affects other people the same way that their decisions affect us too, both in good and bad ways. We have no control over most of what happens in our lives, but knowing that God is always with and for us sure makes a big difference when things just don't make any sense.
Chelsie
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelves
This novel starts off with a crash, literally! Officer Emilia Cruz in on her way to another non-urgent call when she comes upon the scene of an accident that must have just happened. Two teenage girls are hysterical in one vehicle, and two others are the source of the accident. Emilia finds a deceased driver in one, and a drunk in the other. She right then decides she will do everything in her power to make an example out of this man. How can someone be so careless? So reckless? Have no regard ...more
Jennia
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A catastrophic accident one night on the outskirts of small-town West Crow sends a community reeling. Playing with a central theme of the fallibility of memory, the various central characters must sift through their faulty remembrances and perceptions of past events versus the truth.
The author uses three POVs to weave the story and different viewpoints together, each of the female characters dealing with her own disappointments and setbacks. Police deputy Emilia comes across as no-nonsense,
Crystal Barnes
Mar 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: everyday life, light mysteries
I would describe this story as a low impact mystery, meaning that it didnt have a lot of suspense to me, however, there was a lot going on that kept my interest from beginning to end. The story follows Caleb Kilbourns case regarding a car accident that ended in a single mothers death. The mystery stems from Caleb not knowing (or being sure) if he did it, although all evidence points to him.

The story is from three points of view, Emilia the deputy on Calebs case, Brianne child counselor and
Rebecca
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

"Once again, life wasn't playing fair."

The lives of three women converge one fate filled night on the Darlington-West Crow Highway. One, being the officer who responded; another, the wife of the driver; and the third, was simply a neighbor. Tragically for all three, there was nothing remotely simple about the head on collision that claimed the life of a single mother, especially when the man responsible maintains no recollection of the accident, or why he had even been on the road that
Marylin
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Why is it we remember the lies others say to us or the lies we say to ourselves? These lies can so often distort the truth and cause pain to ourselves and others around us. Is remembering them healthy or harmful? Where do we find the truth?
In this very dramatic book that touches so many lives, we see the effects of what can happen if we listen to these lies.
The author, Christina Suzann Nelson, is a wonderfully gifted author who brings real-life issues to light. I appreciate the way she wrote
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Christina Suzann Nelson's latest novel, More than We Remember is filled with hope and pain, while the reader is filled and longing of the story after it is over. This book is one that gets inside of you and is hard to forget.
A fatal car accident has left three women carrying deep burdens, and pain as they search to have these areas filled and explained, to overcome the past. These three women are incredibly developed throughout the novel and Nelson's portrays their issues in a realistic light,
Grace
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Womens Fiction isnt my go-to genre, but when I read the premise of this book, I thought I would give it a try. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.
I really liked the threads that wove these three women together. Though they are all very different, with varying backgrounds and goals, they are also undeniably connected. The struggles each one faced, whether it was family, past mistakes, or present pain, all felt very real, and I think any reader would find a place to relate.
The lost memories
Danielle Sears
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So.wow. There is so much packed into this book. The stories that weave in and out with each other are more realistic than most things Ive read. Emilias anger is palatable. Her despair, her struggle, is so real to me that I wanted to jump in and help her.

I related the most to Brianne. I think a lot like she did in this story. I understood all of the characters feelings and thought the stories were excellent examples of how God can change things in what seems like the blink of an eye.

I LOVED
Robin Pearson
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nelson expertly intersects the lives and pain of these characters in this story of friendship, love, and faith. She captures the feel of life in a small town, where its hard to outrun your past. ...more
Ann
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely wonderful! The story inside is just as beautiful as the cover. This story will stay with you long after you finish the last page. It will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. I highly recommend this book. Thank you Bethany House via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this beautiful book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Randi Sampson
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a beautiful story this was. This was the first book that I had personally read by Christina Suzann Nelson, so I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but I was blown away by the beautifully crafted story she created... a story reminding us how quickly just one moment can change everything for so many people.

More Than We Remember tackles some pretty heavy topics such as abuse, suicide, alcohol and drug use, etc. Wow... like I said a LOT going on here. And yet it talks about these topics in
Mercy Lyman
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Over the past couple of years one of my favorite genres has become Christian fiction/suspense. I was thrilled to offered the chance to read a copy of More Than We Remember by Christina Suzann Nelson. This book tells the story of three women Addison Kilbourn, Emilia Cruz, and Brianne Demanno who's live's somehow become intertwined. They're forced to get up and move forward from the darkest parts of their lives but can they?
More Than We Remember is a touching, moving, suspenseful book that is
« previous 1 3 next »

• Collision of Lies
  • The Runaway Bride (The Bride Ships, #2)
  • Seconds to Live (Homeland Heroes, #1)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Veiled in Smoke (The Windy City Saga, #1)
  • The Fifth Avenue Story Society
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue, #1)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • The Blue Cloak (True Colors)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • A Girl’s Guide to the Outback
  • The Blizzard Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #11)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • The Happy Camper
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • Isaiah's Legacy (Prophets and Kings #3)
Christina Suzann Nelson is a member of Oregon Christian Writers. Her essays have been published in the Cup of Comfort series. Nelson lives in Oregons Willamette Valley with her husband and four children. ...more