Start by marking “The Strangeworlds Travel Agency” as Want to Read:
The Strangeworlds Travel Agency

The Strangeworlds Travel Agency

Pack your suitcase for a magical adventure! Perfect for fans of Nevermoor and The Train to Impossible Places.

At the Strangeworlds Travel Agency, each suitcase transports you to a different world. All you have to do is step inside . . .

When 12-year-old Flick Hudson accidentally ends up in the Strangeworlds Travel Agency, she uncovers a fantastic secret: there are hundreds
Expected publication: April 30th 2020 by Orion Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about The Strangeworlds Travel Agency, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strangeworlds Travel Agency

Start your review of The Strangeworlds Travel Agency
Sophie Anderson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dazzling! The first of what promises to be many fantastic adventures in worlds teeming with wonders. Brilliantly written, clever and funny, The Strangeworlds Travel Agency is immense fun, with two main characters - Flick and Jonathan - who stole my heart from the start and who I miss already.
Jamie-Lee Turner
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the words in the multiverse cannot describe how joyful and magical this book is.

L. D. Lapinski has somehow managed to bundle magic, adventure, hope and family into a quaint little suitcase that smells of tea and biscuits and in the process opened up a whole universe of adventures for children(and adults) everywhere.

Flick is instantly loveable and her and Jonathan make a truly brilliant duo as they dive through the multiverse in an effort to save it.

Filled with peril, adventure, magic and
Sean Morton
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Step inside to a whole new world, literally.

The Strangeworlds Travel Agency is a fantastic debut and the beginning of a great new kid's series. Flick Hudson and her family have moved to a small country village from the city, and she is getting use to her new life. Then she discovers the Strangeworlds Travel Agency, a dusty old shop full of various suitcases. Little does she know, these suitcases lead to different worlds.

This was fun, Lapinski has established a new world(s) for people to fall in
Susan
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so much fun! The Strangeworlds Travel Agency is the first in a series of world jumping adventures of Flick Hudson, who discovers a strange shop in the small town she and her family have moved to, a shop full of suitcases that are the portals to other worlds. But this isn't just a Faraway Tree kind of 'flitting through things for fun' kind of series, these worlds are connected and there is trouble afoot. For the guardian of the agency, Jonathan Mercator, is looking for his father, a world ...more
Rachel Rowlands
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a much-needed dose of magic and joy that I was fortunate enough to read an early copy of. The magic system and world-building are so intricate and detailed, and most of all a lot of fun (I mean, world-hopping via suitcases!), and clearly built with a lot of love from the author. If you want a book that'll make you or your kids happy, one that's filled with adventure and quirks, this is it.

I really enjoyed the development of Flick and Jonathan's friendship, and picking out the pop
Heather James
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to have my NetGalley request to review this accepted. It sounded absolutely brilliant and I couldn't wait to dive in. Here are three things I loved about The Strangeworlds Travel Agency (and why you should definitely be buying it for the MG readers in your life).

1. The world (worlds?) building was so imaginative and such a delight to read. The descriptions had a cinematic quality that made them easy to picture and each world was more fun and amazing than the last. It made me
Helen
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Strangeworlds Travel Agency is a truly magical read and an adventure I will certainly be recommending upon its release. Flick and Jonathan, the protagonists, are well-crafted characters and it was wonderful to see the growth in their friendship on the page.

The writing is superb: every world is unique and described in enough detail, so you feel transported to every corner of the multiverse. I can’t wait for a sequel. An excellent read - thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for permission
Louise Inniss
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A cracking good adventure! Step inside this suitcase full of mystery, wonder, and humour, and discover breath-taking worlds with the Flick and Jonathan. Warning: you won't want to come back to the real world any time soon.

Honestly one of the best books I've read this year, would highly recommend anyone who wants to be swept away with a captivating and enchanting tale.

Also I'm next in line to apply to be a Strangeworlds Society member.
Jen
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first book in what is set to be a children's classic series sees twists, turns, and dastardly baddies set to thwart Flick and Jonathan on their travels through the worlds inside suitcases. Lapinski is an author with a gift for seeing the magic and humour in all situations. This book is a magical ride through a multiverse of adventure, and readers young and old(er) won't be able to stand the wait to continue the journey.
Steph
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A complete and utter ride. Just everything I needed in a book: magic, friendship, laughter, snark and adventure. I think this is gonna be something huge. Bloody loved every second. There’s something for everyone here and I can’t wait for the world to read it. The characters are amazing; the worlds are just exceptional and the writing is lush. I want to be part of this world!
Wendy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant book. It’s full of excitement and adventure. A really original idea, executed well with believable characters. For fans of Hardy Potter and Diana Whynne Jones. ...more
Martha
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I do plan on writing my thoughts bar just AHHH. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. And AHHH. I need more now pls ) ...more
Charlotte Burns
Jan 15, 2020
Mirelle
Dec 27, 2019
L.D. Lapinski
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Freya
Kirsty Stanley
Nov 02, 2019
Verity Craft
Jan 01, 2020

• Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • A Throne of Swans (A Throne of Swans, #1)
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Love, Secret Santa
  • And The Stars Were Burning Brightly (And The Stars Were Burning Brightly, #1)
  • The Deathless Girls
  • The Missing Diamonds (Agent Zaiba Investigates, #1)
  • Fleishman Is in Trouble
  • I, Cosmo
  • Seven Lies
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Land of Roar
  • American Dirt
  • Shadows of Winterspell
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • Tilly and the Lost Fairytales (Pages & Co., #2)
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • A Pinch of Magic
L. D. Lapinski is the author of The Strangeworlds Travel Agency series of children’s books. The first novel will be published in April 2020 by Orion Children’s (UK)

L. D. Lapinski lives just outside Sherwood Forest with her family, a lot of books, and a cat called Hector. L.D. first wrote a book when she was seven; it was made of lined paper and sellotape, and it was about a frog who owned an