Start by marking “Summer Heat (Wild Pitch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Summer Heat (Wild Pitch, #1)

Summer Heat

(Wild Pitch #1)

Can baseball's bitterest feud become its greatest love story?

A long time ago I fell in love with the wrong man. Wrong because there was no chance we could ever be together. Roman St. James was off limits. Forbidden. The enemy.

Except the Daniels-St. James feud isn't my feud and it most certainly isn't Roman's. He's nothing like his father. And while the rivalry between our
Published April 10th 2017 by Spinning Compass Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

Coco.V
Dec 11, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (12/9/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Can baseball’s bitterest feud become its greatest love story?

Except the Daniels-St. James feud isn’t my feud and it most certainly isn’t Roman’s. He’s nothing like his father. And while the rivalry between our families is one of the most famous in all of baseball, I couldn’t
poppy
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng
This was a great read it is a super second chance romance. I just loved Roman and June they were great characters and were just wonderful together. This was a well-written read and had lots of drama there was a really enjoyable book and I would recommend it.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Absolutely fantastic! A well written emotionally deep romance. The storyline is flawless, funny, witty, enjoyable, and very interesting. The story flows smoothly and moves along at a brisk pace with a few ups and downs and a mix of emotions on every page. The chemistry between them is intense and their sex scene is beautifully written and HOT!

Taylor Freeman
Pratna Imrith
I am a huge fan of sport romances and I really enjoyed this second chance love story filled with family feuds and unconditional love. This was my first time reading a book by Alexis Anne and her writing was good, but I wished the book was written from a dual point of view because as I reader at time I wanted to know what was happening with Roman's family and what was going through his mind. I also did not enjoy the past and present style of writing as I wished that they had just given us the bac ...more
Wendy
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
June is a Daniels and Roman is a St. James which according to their families makes them mortal enemies. The feud between the families started when they were too young to remember but had been drilled into their heads. Their fathers famous baseball players from the past. Roman is a college ball player on his way to the Major League and June is an athletic trainer on an internship at the same school. They realize they have no reason to hate each other but their families would never forgive them. S ...more
Annie
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I loved this story about Roman and June. This story bounces between the present and five years ago when they first meet and were in college. June Daniels is the youngest daughter of ex pro baller Joe Daniels. Roman was George St James's son. Joe and George had a feud going on for years, since June was little. When the first meet it's at college they have a six week romance that crashes and burns because of "King George" and a fight during Supe ...more
Jen
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in The Wild Pitch series and I really enjoyed reading it. We are introduced to June and Roman who want very much to be together but how do you get around a family feud? This story is a well written, character building and strong story line book that made for an entertaining and pleasurable read. I really appreciated the change of time, flipping from past to present just enough to give you a better idea of the history of these two families and how the course of history is i ...more
Ewa
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about June and Roman, two people who started as friends in college and feel in love .
Thanks to family interference and other personal issues they had to break relationships
Their fathers played on separate teams and they were rivals one game they were really into and they both got hurt and blamed each other. The hate and anger from this day was imposed on next generation.
These two knew about the feud and understood they could not be together even though they wanted to be.
Will they f
Tanja Williams Hancock
5 Star Romance Book

Wow, what a roller coaster of a story, but so good! Roman & June are fabulous. The feuding their families have, holy heck!! This is a fabulous intro novel for the Wild Pitch Series. It introduces supporting characters who will star in their own stories and gives lots of background plus fun personalities. The women are strong, independent and don’t need a man, but enjoy the ones they spend time with. June & Roman, see each other for the person they are, not the bank acc
Sue
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

***I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review***

I enjoyed this book a lot. Even though family feuds can be a bit cheesy to read about. This wasn't at all. I loved reading the flashbacks to their time together. It gives me a chance to really feel their connection. It just read like a genuine love story, with a good mix of sexual chemistry but with romance too. Loved the secondary characters too. Just loved the genuinessness of all the characters and the story.

June
M
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy reading Alexis Anne’s books. This book is no exception. The storytelling is something to savor. The back and forth between present times and 5 years past enhances the reader’s immersion in Roman and June’s relationship. You can feel the depth of their connection to each other. The conflict in the story reminds me of Romeo & Juliet without the immaturity. How the author handles its resolution was masterful. It is truly an exquisite experience reading one of this author’s work. ...more
Melissa
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A family feud in modern times that depicts that of Romeo and Juliet if there was baseball back then. Roman and June had six weeks before it all came crashing down. They were 21, now five years later they meet again in a locker room will they let their father's rivalry get in the way once again or fight for what they once had and can still be?

Ashleigh
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gotta say, this book was everything and nothing like I expected.
I could not put it down once I started it and did not want it to end when I got there.
An emotionally charged and heartfelt story-line that grabs you right from the start, keeping you engrossed in the love aspect and on edge while you are rooting for the team at the same time!

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Sille
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Wild Pitch Series. This is the story of Roman, and June. Years ago they tried to be together, but their family's have a long standing feud, that tore them apart. Now years later, the attraction, and chemistry between them is still burning, and one night they give into their feelings. This was a great story, with characters. Great sexy scenes too.

Lisa H
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second time around.

Roman St James and JUNE Daniels had six weeks of the dream years ago. Then reality set in and now, years later. June is back in his orbit.

Their father’s are mortal enemies.
They went to college together.
They were twenty one, now five years later, will he stand by and be weak and stupid again? Cuz he’s got one mother of a sports papa.

Jackie Roberts
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roman and June are one amazing couple! This second chance love story is filled with drama and I love the baseball connected storyline. Although there is a lot of drama that follows each of these characters, as well as them together as a couple, they work to find a way to get their HEA. They each have to come to terms with the fact that this life is their life and their future is what they make of it.
Clarie Giselle Mercado
It’s like a bad case of deja vu

This book had the potential to be great but past and present tense was too much. One moment the story is in the present and the next it 5 years ago. Like once or twice is fine but every other chapter they’re back in the past. I was over it. Then the repetition and incessant need to speak about the feud we get their families hates each other. And their was no epilogue.
Booknook Reviews
Trigger warning: N/A

1) What worked for me:
-the characters were driven and likeable
-the steamy scenes were good
-the secondary characters were nice too
-I appreciated the resolution offered

2) What did not work for me:
-I didn't care for the alternating time lines but I appreciate how it told the story

Jeanne Richardson
This is the 3rd book I've read written by Alexis Anne; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Barbie-Ann Clark
Wow this book was amazingly written. Once I started I couldn’t put it down till I was finished. This book has twists and turns you don’t know what’s happening. will they all get there happily ever after or will it all go wrong. To find out what happens go buy the book. You won’t be disappointed I wasn’t.

Tanya
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Their families were big rival but they did not care and they had a thing but it ended in disaster. Now years later they meet up again. Can it be better this time? Can she recover from the past? See just where it will all go

Karen Galloway
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really Enjoyable

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. This is a very enjoyable book from Alexis Anne. I didn’t want to put “Summer Heat” down. It has a Great, entertaining storyline and really engaging characters. I was engrossed in their story, their engaging chemistry and interaction had me hooked from beginning to end. This is a very good, must read book
Elvira
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book to read had lots of twist and turns and full of chemistry with the characters being well developed and engaging the storyline flowed smoothly and kept me entertained with the roller coaster ride of emotions.

E.A. DeBoest
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE June and Roman, baseball's royalty!!!
I really enjoyed how the author told their story, going back and forth from past to present, explaining how they met, fell in love, fell apart, and fell in love all over again, or rediscovering their love that was always there.
The love making was wonderful and Roman made me swoon.
Another great book in The Storm Inside Series!
BusyM3
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well written, enjoyable read. The story was well written, it flows well, great romance, characters, and steamy chemistry. You will not put it down till the end. This is the first book in this series and I can't wait for the next ones.

Heather Wamboldt
I found this to be an incredibly hot and beautiful love story. Roman and June fell in love but could not be together because of an infamous family feud. Will they have their second chance five years later or will the family continue to tear them apart?

kelly davison
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You had me at Florida Baseball

Being a baseball fan, I was in. Being a Gator, well you can’t go wrong with that. This book was about a journey of love and family and an amazing idea. I was more inspired by the dream turned reality than I think I was about the love story itself. That still has me thinking and talking to people about this book, and their dream. I am truly inspired.
Marc F Evans
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story

While the switching between present day and the past gets a little distracting, it is an effective vehicle for telling the story of these two characters. Roman is a little too good to be true. The characters could probably be more nuanced. But I found myself rooting for them which made the book enjoyable.
Anne Hewling
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inside baseball the real story

This was a good read. Reminded me of Romeo and Juliet. And the capulets and montagues same situation only this tale ended well Roman and June loved each other from the start and faced a lot of obstacles but overcame them. Happy ending

• Better Together (Sweet Haven Farm, #1)
  • All In: Paying to Play (Gambling With Love #6)
  • Holiday Heat Wave (Ballers, #1.5)
  • Broken Play (Offensive Line #5)
  • Sweet on You (Wilde Sisters #1)
  • Covering Home
  • The Winning Edge (Cold War, #1-2)
  • Forever My Love (Forever #4)
  • Save My Soul (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #1)
  • Intercepting the Chef (How to Score, #1)
  • Touchdown (Going Pro, #1)
  • Puck Buddies (Beckett Brothers Book 3)
  • Redemption
  • Linebacker's Second Chance (Bad Boy Ballers #3)
  • Know Me, Keep Me (Full Heart Ranch Series #3)
  • Fool's Gold
  • Naked Hero - The Journey Away (Naked Hero, #1)
  • Out of Her Dreams
Alexis Anne writes page-turning romances that will leave you breathless and wanting for another happily ever after. Her new book KING OF WANDS is available now!

Fast. Volatile. Gorgeous.
Those are the words they used to describe Kingston Reynolds on the first day of my internship. Well, it wasn’t so much of a description as it was a warning. Do not fraternize with the drivers if you want to keep you

Wild Pitch (3 books)
  • Night Games (WIld Pitch, #2)
  • Last Fall (Wild Pitch, #3)