Start by marking “Kat & Mouse: a Crosscannon Roller Derby romance (CRD Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Kat & Mouse: a Crosscannon Roller Derby romance (CRD Book 1)

Kat & Mouse: a Crosscannon Roller Derby romance (CRD Book 1)

Katrina Brooks is a gifted photographer and an excellent roller derby referee. When she's wearing her stripes, she's focused and professional—and she rarely misses a call. Problem is, Kat's got her eye on a “Mouse” who has a knack for getting into trouble.

Dorothy Mauser (Dot) is a trash-picking junk artist with a big heart but a volatile temper. She’s also the most penalty

Published May 30th 2019 by Metal Heart Press

To ask other readers questions about Kat & Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kat & Mouse

Coco.V
Aug 22, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/22/2019)! 🎁
Gina
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Jacquelyn Heat popped my roller derby romance cherry. I have never seen roller derby but now have a better understanding of the game. Granted, I did have to take pause to remember what some of the terms meant, but it was worth it during the derby scenes.

The one thing I will say while reading this book was that I wanted more from Kat and Dot. We really started to get to know them a little over halfway through the book and I was left with wanting more. I wanted to see more about Kat and her upbrin
Richard
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not being a sporty person, the very existence of roller derby is something I've only noted briefly in passing. While watching a it casually for 30 seconds, one might assume it's a "sport" with one rule: bash the other women aside real hard. It always seemed like a rather violent contact sport for women with awesomely grin-making nicknames. (I love the nicknames! And don't miss this article or Sausage Roller's totally squee name website if you also like clever names.)

Anyhow, nearly-zero on the ge
Jen
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Way above & beyond my expectations

“Things were going so well. She was happy, mostly. She felt safe and accepted and loved. How had this become her life?
And when was the other shoe going to drop?”
• ~ • ~ • ~ •

Definitely not the story I was expecting after reading the description… but like, wow, was this a really, really, really good book!!

This book resonated so deeply with me. As a person who has BPD & a always struggled with anxiety, emotional extremes, self-harm behaviors & dys
Cathy R
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Compelling!

I remember watching roller derby on TV when I was a young kid - late 50s, early 60s? Anyway, that’s all I knew about the sport, until this book. So, I still don’t understand it too well, but I do understand that I LOVED this book, which I read in one day! The characters are so well-developed, complex, and engaging. The story itself is compelling, and brought me close to tears (which I don’t do) several times. This is a great read!
Margaret L. Hedman
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

I loved Kat & Mouse. What a raw, emotional, exciting, beautiful love story. I decided not to worry to much about the derby lingo, just treated it as a sport I vaguely know very little about. The art, the emotional trauma and it’s toll on all of the characters was what held my attention. I will read more by this author.
Shon Chewning
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My First Jacquelyn Heat

This was my first and favorite g/g 💕 book that I really enjoyed and appreciated. The chemistry between the two females where amazing. So far the books I've written didn't have much sexual encounters to be very detailed. The storyline was delightful and exciting. Thanks
Ginger
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, great world building, fast read

Characters are vulnerable, flawed and fun. Written around a roller derby team, the characters bond over their art outside the rink.

I hope there are more adventures in store for Kat, Mouse, Lynn, Jet and crew.
Pam Holzner
I'll come back to this another time ...
Tara Schwier