Start by marking “Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)” as Want to Read:
Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)

Ivy Introspective

(The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)

In a world that doesn’t understand her, how can she grow?

Ivy Knight lives her life in a blur of confusion as the world passes her by in a tumultuous melody. She isn’t the perfect daughter or student, but as long as she can be with her family, she doesn’t mind watching rather than living.

Mrs. Chattoway treasures both of her granddaughters now that they’re reunited. When Ivy
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition
Published October 26th 2019 by Kellyn Roth (first published June 24th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Ivy Introspective, please sign up.
A. Lei Simpson I agree that IvIn can stand alone and be fine. Though there are a few things that are clearer when you read TDS.

Start your review of Ivy Introspective (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy #2)
Victoria Lynn
This book was such a delightful tale with endearing characters and lovely writing. I can't wait to review it further upon publication!
Kellyn Roth
It's probably cheating just a bit to rate your own book five stars ... but oh well. Everyone else is doing it, so I'll continue on until Goodreads bans me. ;)

The second book in The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy follows the story of Ivy Knight, Alice's younger sister. This Christian Historical novel can be read as a standalone. Recommended for ages 12-18.

I'd never intended to write about Ivy, so this was an interesting book to write! I actually had to come up with something for once instead of just
Angela R. Watts
A precious story I couldn't put down!

Storyline

This book carried the plot from the first novel on in an entertaining way. The POV of the story switches to Ivy, and Ivy is a very enjoyable main character. The continuing story told from her eyes makes things even tastier!

Setting

The setting description is as delightful as ever, and Scotland is always a good choice of scenery! I enjoyed the setting and gobbled up the Scottish highlands.

Characters

The main cast remains the same, more or less, with a
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

12-year old Ivy struggles to get along as easily as her twin sister Alice at Pearlbelle Park their new home. When her parents hear of a boarding school, McCale House, they decide to send her there, where a doctor can work out the best way to draw Ivy out of her own mind.

I LOVED the characters found in Book 1: The Dressmaker's Secret and you can read my review here. I quite welcomed the opportunity to return to Alice and Ivy's world. From the
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Trapped in a world where she doesn't belong, twelve-year-old Ivy struggles to keep her head above water as her simplicity is brought to light by her new position as a young lady growing up at Pearlbelle Park.
After much thought, Ivy's parents decide to send her to McCale House, a boarding school in Scotland for girls and boys like her. However, scared and worried away from her beloved mother, sister, and nurse, Ivy can't seem to focus.
Will Ivy ever learn what Dr. McCale is
anika
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
First off, bravo!!!! Encore!!! Amazing job, Kellyn! These books have to be among my favorite historical novels I've read. I enjoyed this one a bit more than I did The Dressmaker's Secret, but they both reminded me somewhat of A Little Princess. Maybe it's the setting, or the time period, or the sweet little girls (or all three), but I LOVED it. A Little Princess has always been a favorite for me, and the relation of the books to it but also how they were different made it a splendid read.

The
Marguerite Gray
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am planning on following Kellyn Roth through her career. She is a model of finding your passion and pursuing it. Wow, she is a teenager on a mission. This is Book 2 of the Chronicles of Alice and Ivy. One of my favorite passages is "...when they sense that the grownup in charge of them is tingling all over with anticipation, worry, doubt, and all those splendid emotions that keep the soul walking through glass." I look forward to the next book in the series.
Mya Gray
4 Stars
I loved this! Ivy is such a sweet and interesting main character. I loved her and Violet’s friendship and the way Ivy grew while she was at the McCale House. Her perspective was well done.
The only thing I didn’t love is how a certain ship turned out in the end. It seemed a little rushed and unauthentic. But overall this was a great read and I’m looking forward to the next one!
Loretta Marchize
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
First of all, can I just say that Kellyn did a great job of writing Ivy and Violet? Violet is just wonderful (well, not in that way) she's fully developed, has issues, but isn't always just an angry person.
Jordy was interesting, but we don't find out much about him. Maybe we will in the future? (Kellyn?)
Ivy.... oh Ivy is amazing. I love that she doesn't always know what's going on even when the reader does. I love that she (view spoiler) I love
Lilian
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Wow, this book was good. Probably my favorite of the whole series.

Review:
Ivy Introspective is about Ivy, who has high-functioning autism. I wasn’t really sure how this would play out at first, but my doubts died away pretty quick, because Kellyn wrote about Ivy’s condition with a really soft hand that wasn’t condescending at all + with a familiarity of that subject, which I was very appreciative of.

Also, in the story Ivy gets sent to a boarding school named McCale House (not a spoiler- it’s in
Lisa Elis
Pls first go read my review of book one because I said all the important stuff about plot and writing there. Here I am just saying a couple of things about the characters.

In book two, there is Ivy's pov, and again, I was slightly skeptical, wondering how that would come out. Ivy is, after all, a bit more simple minded than others. WELL I NEED NOT HAVE WORRIED. IT WAS TERRIFIC. No less interesting than Alice's.

Another thing about book two. We have the perspective and story of Mr. Parker, who is a
Lana
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so sweet and gave me all sorts of good feels by the end (especially about Jordy...let's all just fangirl over him, shall we?). I loved Ivy--so sweet and just trying to figure out things. (view spoiler) And then Violet was so harsh and yet broken and she just needs a hug. And then Jordy was so awesome, and I want to actually meet him 'cause he'd ...more
Daisy Paquet
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I *love* this book! It's kind of something I've never seen before because neurologically atypical MC in HISTORICAL CHRISTIAN FICTION doesn't happen so often? But this was INCREDIBLY well done and just ADORABLE and I can't even.

*offers Kellyn all the stars*
Sarah Briel
Dang, I'm just getting emotional, which is weird. :P Alright, so Ivy Introspective is the sequel to The Dressmaker's Secret, focusing on 12 year oldIvy as opposed to The Dressmaker's Secret which had Alice as the main character. This one was naturally, stronger in some points and weaker in others .... I liked it quite a bit more than the original The Dressmaker's Secret, but probably about equal with the updated one? Anyway ...
STUFFS THAT NEED MENTIONING

- The characters are smol beans who
R.A.
Well, I finally finished this! ;)

The Characters:
Ivy - she's so sweet!! I honestly like her more than Alice! :p Her attitude is so sweet and (view spoiler)
Violet - *coughs* She has some difficulties, but I still liked her!
Posy - :D
Mr. Parker - what can I say? I have to be honest and say I like him, but he still drove me crazy too! And what flirt! (view spoiler)
Miss Selle - she had a serious
Rebekah Duncan
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the first book in the series, but I was pleasantly surprised! The characters were just as endearing as I remembered them, and Violet's character was very developed and interesting, which I liked. The only thing I didn't like was the subplot of Miss Selle. I just couldn't seem to keep interested in it. But other than that, it was a delightful read! ...more
Angie Thompson
So, I freely admit that I waited much too long after reading The Dressmaker's Secret before I picked this one up, but I was a little disconcerted at the way it picked up where the other left off without much explanation at all. I found myself not remembering several important things--like how old Alice and Ivy were supposed to be or who exactly Mr. Parker was--that weren't explained until well into the book. I know it's my fault for taking so long, but a bit of a refresher would have been ...more
kathi worley
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huge love for Ivy!

Kelly Roth hit it out of the park again with book 2 in the Alice and Ivy chronicles. Wonderful to see the inside workings of Ivy's mind.
Hanna
I beta-read Ivy Introspective and then reread it. That means I'm pretty familiar with it, so maybe my review is a little biased.
The characters, most of whom are from The Dressmaker's Secret, are well-developed, and most were necessary(I'll get to the exceptions in a bit). Mr. Parker's struggle was good, because it portrayed such a personality well(I would have a difficult time with that). His actions were laughable, which added humor. Ivy was very sweet, innocent, and amazing. Her 'preaching'
Charis Rae
3.5 STAR RATING.

RTC 4.25.18 at charisrae.com.
J.C.
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I read this book a while ago and wrote a review and apparently it never got posted. Ugh. So here we go.

Surprisingly, I actually liked Ivy Introspective a lot better than its predecessor. Though it started out with a sour taste in my mouth due to the fact that I disliked one of the main foundations of the story— how Claire and Philip ended up together—I was surprised to find as I continued to read how much I liked it. I enjoyed seeing Ivy’s life and watching through her eyes and thought
Delainey
Jan 12, 2019
Bethany
Feb 11, 2017
Beta Reader Group: Historical Fiction Novel 1 12 Mar 20, 2017 08:34PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Adding Series 6 22 Oct 24, 2016 07:47AM

• The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #4)
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • Dagger's Sleep: A Retelling of Sleeping Beauty (Beyond the Tales #1)
  • The Way of the Brave (Global Search and Rescue #1)
  • The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)
  • Salty, Bitter, Sweet
  • The Number of Love (The Codebreakers, #1)
  • Midnight's Curse: A Cinderella Retelling (Beyond the Tales, #2)
  • Summer by the Tides
  • The Rebellion (Tales of Tarsurella #2)
  • Being Known (Haven Makers #2)
  • Once Upon a Christmas: Contemporary Retellings of Timeless Tales
  • A Season in London
  • A Promise to Break (The Promise #1)
  • Jesus Calling for Graduates
  • A Light on the Hill (Cities of Refuge, #1)

Kellyn Roth has been writing stories since she was seven, though she wrote quite a few (awful) poems and songs before that. Nowadays, she pens Christian & Historical Fiction, including lots of adorable children and mischievous animals - as well as a generous dose of BBC-style drama.

Miss Roth lives in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge with her parents, two little brothers, crazy border

The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy (4 books)
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • At Her Fingertips (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #3)
  • Beyond Her Calling (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #4)