Start by marking “Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Do you publish one book a year? Or twenty? Here’s a secret. You can be successful with either. Publish your books in a way that brings you the most readers.

Put the experience of over one hundred book launches to work for you. Right here. Release Strategies. It’s how successful indie authors get ahead.

Plan. Prepare. And Execute.

With checklists, recommendations, and cand

Published May 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Release Strategies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release Strategies

Start your review of Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
Kenya Wright
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been indie publishing for over 8 years and still found this to be a helpful and informative book. Definitely a must for any indie author making writing a money making career. ...more
Troy Hill
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beginning and seasoned authors both will learn a thing or two

Craig Martello knows ... um... publishing. Indie publishing that is. This book is a great help. What it isn’t is a lot of step-by-step do this to be successful. There is a step-by-step chapter at the end of the book for how to release one book, or three books in a rapid fashion. But if that’s all you are after, go read just about any author forum or facebook group.

Instead, what this book does is help you, the fledgling author, learn th
R.M. Gauthier
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit

I've been an Indie author for 3 years, but this books had a ton of useful information. It gives authors another perspective, tried and tested strategies and doesn't disappoint. It doesn't make any promises, but offers hope and inspiration, which is something Indie authors need the most.

Highly recommend for new authors, and seasoned veterans.

Well done!
Dave Walsh
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say that Craig is an expert at self-publishing is an understatement.

Look at his catalog and you'll see that he's released a lot of books, most of which have glowing reviews and that he has great fans. So how does that happen?

Luckily enough, Craig is willing to share his knowledge and experience throughout his series and through the group he helps run, 20BooksTo50k, which is perhaps the most invaluable resource in the self-publishing world.

This book gives a clear view on how you should plan o
Elle Kay
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: writing, non-fiction
This might've been worth three stars if it weren't for the section written by another author. Her section was full of foul-mouthed language (and honestly despite her inability to write without cursing, her information was more useful than the rest of the book).

It's repetitive and less informative than other similar resources. It might be okay as a paperback since you could more easily utilize the checklists and notes sections, but the Kindle version is probably a waste of money for most authors
Ines Vieira
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb Author's Aid

I found Craig's insights of best practices and strategies clear and to the point. I'd recommend this book to new authors as well as the more seasoned writers. I will definitely use some of the release strategies discussed.
Heather Myers
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Direct, to the point. This is a book about strategies for indies and its thorough without being overwhelming. I really enjoyed it and plan to implement these strategies with my next release. Thank you for sharing!
Andrew Allan
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lives up to the title.

In a world of books that boast THE ANSWER but offer just a few scraps of advice, I was pleased to see a clear release road map laid out. Helped answer a lot of my questions. Recommended.
Suzannah
Feb 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Not much that's new here, but a good recap as I prepare for another release. ...more
Rayner Ye
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic and informative. Marketing still scares the living daylights out of me, though, when I've failed at this side of the business on so many occasions. ...more
Mark
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well crafted book from an author who really understands the business of writing and releasing books in a way to attract readers. I was most impressed that it doesn't outline only a rapid release tactics, but that it talks about a larger overall strategic approach to releasing books no matter what the author's output ability. (IE, you can apply the strategies Martelle offers whether you do a book a month or a book a year, and everything in between).

The book is in depth and insightful an
Kaylee Johnston
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insightful and Necessary for Indie Authors

This was an amazingly insightful book which gave so many great strategies and ideas on how to release your book. I took so many notes I might as well have highlighted the whole thing! Definitely a must read for anyone wanting to publish and make a living off their books!!
Chris DeVere
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!

This stuff is priceless, and a real bargain at around five bucks. I stopped reading the first book in this series at the newsletter part to go jump into Tammi Labrecque’s book, then I jumped into this one. Now I’m heading back to the first book. We’re working on establishing my wife’s authorship and developing her readership and I’m not going to say we couldn’t do it without Craig and the rest of the 20Booksto50K folks, but who would WANT to? I can’t thank them enough. I can’t pos
Julie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the Newbie, the Nerve-Wracked and the Overwhelmed

Excellent advice and recommendations for the newbie, or nerve-wracked, or overwhelmed author. CM goes through all the permutations logically and of course, from his own experience. His genre is science fiction/space opera, and a few variations, so if you write in a different genre, you’ll have to adapt the strategies. Heck, even if you write in the same genre, you’ll have to adapt strategies, because no two people are the same, and what they w
Lyle Nicholson
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book because it delivered much more than the title. Yes, it tells you how to release your book, but it also tells you about the writing life, and more importantly, what it takes to be successful. Craig lays it all out there how you make money in the world of Indie writing, no some of it is not pretty, but it's true. Writing as an Indie Author takes guts and a lot of books and a whole load of commitment. That is what he tells you. If you're looking for an attitude adjustment regard ...more
Steve Curry
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short book was brimming with useful information. From personal experiences to raw data, Craig gives you tools and reasons why those tools work. I used what I could put together quickly for my first release because I had committed to a pre-order date before I read the book. Just those few tricks and plans made my debut book earn several times what I had been led to expect for a first-time author on his initial month. I will utilize even more of the suggestions in each subsequent book that co ...more
Anna Johnson
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't Release Without Reading This First!

This will no doubt be my book release "bible" as I refer back to it again and again for the detailed advice, strategies, tactics, tips and even a suggested timeline for releasing my indie fiction. With a discussion on the pros and cons of various release strategies, as well as all kinds of other insights, Craig's book is a must-have for any indie author/publisher.
Laura Burton
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything you need to know as an indie author

Craig really outlines the different launch strategies out there and shows examples of real results. Not only that, he breaks down the pros and cons for each strategy AND clearly outlines HOW to follow the strategies. What more can you want? This book is a must read for any indie author looking at launch strategies to turn their writing hobby into a viable publishing business.
J.S. Arquin
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Essential Information

As an author plotting my first release, I’ve been drowning in too much info, but not knowing what was important, or how to organize my release strategy. Craig breaks down the different options in plain English, & gives clear blueprints on how to pursue the different paths. I feel much more confident planning my release after reduced this book. Highly recommended.
Allie Boniface
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Best for New Authors

3.5 stars for the information included. If you’ve been writing and publishing for any length of time, much of the info he shares will be familiar. I skipped over large portions for this reason. For the brand new author, it’s a good look at what’s required to be a successful indie author. His tone is a little brusque for my taste but not entirely off putting.
Mark Canniff
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for release strategy

Craig does a great job of guiding the self-published author on a step-by-step process of releasing their book.

There is so much to do, when it comes to launching a new novel that it is good to be able to read from someone that does it everyday.

This book is not about ads or promotions, even though it does touch on them a little bit.

All-in-all, having this is a must if you are considering the self-published path.
Taylor Ellwood
Sep 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, writing
When you’re getting ready to launch a book, it’s a good idea to have a plan. In this book the author covers his own experiences with launching books. I found it to be more of an introductory book to launching, but I think if you’re a new author this is a helpful book that covers some essential details you want to consider. With that said it is less about launching books and more about the entire book publishing process. It’s a good resource for just starting out.
Gwen Clayton
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some good advice but targeted for rapid release authors

For authors who focus on thoroughly researching their subjects, even if it's fiction, and carefully crafting their work, this book still has plenty of nuggets that can be used in book releases. However, be forewarned that Martelle advises writers to release new books every 18 to 30 days. Much of his advice revolves around that timeline.
Regina Felty
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We think we have a great book. We’re ready to step out onto the stage and share it with the world. But where do we even start?

In this book, Craig Martelle gives excellent advice, helpful insight, and transparent examples from his own releases that help indie authors get a better grasp on how to move forward as well as what NOT to do. I definitely highlighted a great deal in my copy of this book!
William Webb
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The only reason for such a best-selling author as Craig Martelle to share his release strategies is because he truly wants to help others. Whatever time he spent writing this book would surely have been more profitably spent writing more fiction, yet here it is, packed with actionable data and information to help other Indie writers. I'm in awe not only of his knowledge, but also of his generosity toward others. ...more
Rusty Ellis
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Delivers

As an indie author, it’s important to have other authors to look up to who have been successful in this field. Craig is absolutely one of those people and his willingness to share this information with the rest of the community is huge. This book does a great job of that!
Diane Chattaway
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great source of information.

When I started my self-publishing journey, I did it all wrong.
I feel like I have a plan that is capable of working and churning out the results I would like to see, thanks to this book.
I definitely recommend it to any authors out there who feel stuck!
Sabrina Rose
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insightful as always

This book is a must read for anyone looking to self publish their work. It gives insight into one of the most successful brands out there. The greatest thing, he’s done all the hard work so you don’t have to. Pick this up if you’re looking for fundamentals and advanced info in releasing well.
Lynn Jacque
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Comprehensive overview

If you are a beginner like me this book provides very useful information in one place on effective release strategies. It will save you time searching on the internet for the information. You will come away with a clear and solid understanding of release strategies. It will help you to develop a release strategy plan that will work for you.
Mahi Mistry
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I finished this in a day and had to summarise key points in a document because this is so helpful! I was struggling with rapid release and how to work with it but this book showed me what works and what doesn't. I am glad I read this, would recommend to any indie author figuring out how to, when to publish your books. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Writing and Releasing Rapidly
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books
  • Let's Get Digital: How to Self-Publish, and Why You Should
  • 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Help! My Facebook Ads Suck (Help! I'm an Author 2)
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to The Reader Journey
  • Amazon Ads Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Launch to Market: Easy Marketing For Authors (Write Faster, Write Smarter, #4)
  • Romancing the Beat: Story Structure for Romance Novels (How to Write Kissing Books Book 1)
  • Writing Killer Cover Copy
  • Book Blurbs Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Amazon Decoded: A Marketing Guide to the Kindle Store
  • Following: A Marketing Guide to Author Platform
  • Author Unleashed: Advanced Publishing and Marketing Strategies for Indie Authors
  • Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 6)
Visit Craig's web page, craigmartelle.com for the latest posts and updates or find him on Facebook, Author Craig Martelle. Send an email to craig@craigmartelle.com to join his mailing list for the latest on new releases, information on old releases, and anything related to his books.

I see my other lives, a career in the Marines, those damn hand-written tests in law school, a business consultant, a