Start by marking “Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Do you publish one book a year? Or twenty? Heres a secret. You can be successful with either. Publish your books in a way that brings you the most readers.

Put the experience of over one hundred book launches to work for you. Right here. Release Strategies. Its how successful indie authors get ahead.

Plan. Prepare. And Execute.

With checklists, recommendations, and candid

Published May 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Release Strategies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Release Strategies

Start your review of Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
Kenya Wright
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been indie publishing for over 8 years and still found this to be a helpful and informative book. Definitely a must for any indie author making writing a money making career.
Troy Hill
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beginning and seasoned authors both will learn a thing or two

Craig Martello knows ... um... publishing. Indie publishing that is. This book is a great help. What it isnt is a lot of step-by-step do this to be successful. There is a step-by-step chapter at the end of the book for how to release one book, or three books in a rapid fashion. But if thats all you are after, go read just about any author forum or facebook group.

Instead, what this book does is help you, the fledgling author, learn the
Dave Walsh
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say that Craig is an expert at self-publishing is an understatement.

Look at his catalog and you'll see that he's released a lot of books, most of which have glowing reviews and that he has great fans. So how does that happen?

Luckily enough, Craig is willing to share his knowledge and experience throughout his series and through the group he helps run, 20BooksTo50k, which is perhaps the most invaluable resource in the self-publishing world.

This book gives a clear view on how you should plan
R.M. Gauthier
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit

I've been an Indie author for 3 years, but this books had a ton of useful information. It gives authors another perspective, tried and tested strategies and doesn't disappoint. It doesn't make any promises, but offers hope and inspiration, which is something Indie authors need the most.

Highly recommend for new authors, and seasoned veterans.

Well done!
Ines Vieira
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb Author's Aid

I found Craig's insights of best practices and strategies clear and to the point. I'd recommend this book to new authors as well as the more seasoned writers. I will definitely use some of the release strategies discussed.
Andrew Allan
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lives up to the title.

In a world of books that boast THE ANSWER but offer just a few scraps of advice, I was pleased to see a clear release road map laid out. Helped answer a lot of my questions. Recommended.
Heather Myers
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Direct, to the point. This is a book about strategies for indies and its thorough without being overwhelming. I really enjoyed it and plan to implement these strategies with my next release. Thank you for sharing!
Mark
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a well crafted book from an author who really understands the business of writing and releasing books in a way to attract readers. I was most impressed that it doesn't outline only a rapid release tactics, but that it talks about a larger overall strategic approach to releasing books no matter what the author's output ability. (IE, you can apply the strategies Martelle offers whether you do a book a month or a book a year, and everything in between).

The book is in depth and insightful
Elle Kay
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
This might've been worth three stars if it weren't for the section written by another author. Her section was full of foul-mouthed language (and honestly despite her inability to write without cursing, her information was more useful than the rest of the book).

It's repetitive and less informative than other similar resources. It might be okay as a paperback since you could more easily utilize the checklists and notes sections, but the Kindle version is probably a waste of money for most
Kaylee White
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insightful and Necessary for Indie Authors

This was an amazingly insightful book which gave so many great strategies and ideas on how to release your book. I took so many notes I might as well have highlighted the whole thing! Definitely a must read for anyone wanting to publish and make a living off their books!!
Chris DeVere
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!

This stuff is priceless, and a real bargain at around five bucks. I stopped reading the first book in this series at the newsletter part to go jump into Tammi Labrecques book, then I jumped into this one. Now Im heading back to the first book. Were working on establishing my wifes authorship and developing her readership and Im not going to say we couldnt do it without Craig and the rest of the 20Booksto50K folks, but who would WANT to? I cant thank them enough. I cant possibly
Julie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For the Newbie, the Nerve-Wracked and the Overwhelmed

Excellent advice and recommendations for the newbie, or nerve-wracked, or overwhelmed author. CM goes through all the permutations logically and of course, from his own experience. His genre is science fiction/space opera, and a few variations, so if you write in a different genre, youll have to adapt the strategies. Heck, even if you write in the same genre, youll have to adapt strategies, because no two people are the same, and what they
Lyle Nicholson
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book because it delivered much more than the title. Yes, it tells you how to release your book, but it also tells you about the writing life, and more importantly, what it takes to be successful. Craig lays it all out there how you make money in the world of Indie writing, no some of it is not pretty, but it's true. Writing as an Indie Author takes guts and a lot of books and a whole load of commitment. That is what he tells you. If you're looking for an attitude adjustment ...more
Steve Curry
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This short book was brimming with useful information. From personal experiences to raw data, Craig gives you tools and reasons why those tools work. I used what I could put together quickly for my first release because I had committed to a pre-order date before I read the book. Just those few tricks and plans made my debut book earn several times what I had been led to expect for a first-time author on his initial month. I will utilize even more of the suggestions in each subsequent book that ...more
Laura Burton
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything you need to know as an indie author

Craig really outlines the different launch strategies out there and shows examples of real results. Not only that, he breaks down the pros and cons for each strategy AND clearly outlines HOW to follow the strategies. What more can you want? This book is a must read for any indie author looking at launch strategies to turn their writing hobby into a viable publishing business.
Mark Canniff
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book for release strategy

Craig does a great job of guiding the self-published author on a step-by-step process of releasing their book.

There is so much to do, when it comes to launching a new novel that it is good to be able to read from someone that does it everyday.

This book is not about ads or promotions, even though it does touch on them a little bit.

All-in-all, having this is a must if you are considering the self-published path.
Anna Johnson
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Don't Release Without Reading This First!

This will no doubt be my book release "bible" as I refer back to it again and again for the detailed advice, strategies, tactics, tips and even a suggested timeline for releasing my indie fiction. With a discussion on the pros and cons of various release strategies, as well as all kinds of other insights, Craig's book is a must-have for any indie author/publisher.
Allie Boniface
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Best for New Authors

3.5 stars for the information included. If youve been writing and publishing for any length of time, much of the info he shares will be familiar. I skipped over large portions for this reason. For the brand new author, its a good look at whats required to be a successful indie author. His tone is a little brusque for my taste but not entirely off putting.
J.S. Arquin
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Essential Information

As an author plotting my first release, Ive been drowning in too much info, but not knowing what was important, or how to organize my release strategy. Craig breaks down the different options in plain English, & gives clear blueprints on how to pursue the different paths. I feel much more confident planning my release after reduced this book. Highly recommended.
Diane Chattaway
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great source of information.

When I started my self-publishing journey, I did it all wrong.
I feel like I have a plan that is capable of working and churning out the results I would like to see, thanks to this book.
I definitely recommend it to any authors out there who feel stuck!
Sabrina Rose
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insightful as always

This book is a must read for anyone looking to self publish their work. It gives insight into one of the most successful brands out there. The greatest thing, hes done all the hard work so you dont have to. Pick this up if youre looking for fundamentals and advanced info in releasing well.
Rusty Ellis
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Delivers

As an indie author, its important to have other authors to look up to who have been successful in this field. Craig is absolutely one of those people and his willingness to share this information with the rest of the community is huge. This book does a great job of that!
William Stacey
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great help

Loved this book and loved the authors voice. This is sensible advice anyone can follow. Launches are hard; Craig makes them easier. Ill have this book on hand for my next launch.
Kristen
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Martelle knocks it out of the park

Once again, Martelle has written a wonderful book that consolidates his many insights on self-publishing into an easy-to-read volume. I look forward to putting his insights into practice!
Angelique
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Indie Author support

Once again, Craig Martelle gives new and not-so-new vital help in succeeding as an indie author. Whether you are brand new to publishing and releasing books or have done it for years, there is something new here for you.
Michael Turner
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Informative!

Craig outlines a detailed process to prepare your book for launch. However, he doesn't just stop there but rather, carefully explains the reasons behind the strategies. Highly recommended!
Donovan Neal
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you!

An excellent book that answered several questions I had about release strategies. From when to do boxed sets to the details of various strategies, this book hits the nail on the head. A must read for the serious authorprenuer.
Milan D. Epps
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insightful book

I like how much information this book provides to those who want to get serious about making money. There are lots of steps, but it doesn't have to overwhelm you. And the breakdown on launches is great! Glad I read it!
T. Isajanyan
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much to take from this!

I literally grabbed a gorgeous notebook and made it my study notes keeper. And boy was I studying! Honestly, very helpful! I'm not a Sci-fi fan for the fictions he writes, but this type of data and experience I can certainly enjoy reading!

Thank you!
Sami
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Useful with practical strategies

Martelle doesn't fluff around in this book. Each section lays out the practical pros and cons to each release strategy. I found it easy to follow, thought provoking, and streamlined. I can tell I will reference it again.

• Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • Writing and Releasing Rapidly
  • Amazon Ads for Authors: Tips and Strategies to Sell Your Books
  • Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books
  • How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis: A Step-by-Step System for Enticing New Readers, Selling More Fiction, and Making Your Books Sound Good
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • Writing Killer Cover Copy
  • Take Off Your Pants! Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing
  • Dear Writer, You Need to Quit
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Ads for Authors Who Hate Math: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors
  • BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery
  • Help! My Facebook Ads Suck
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
  • Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author's Guide
  • The Ultimate Book Marketing Crash Course: A Step-by-Step Guide to Selling More Books (2019 Edition) (Crash Courses for Authors)
  • Rapid Release: How to Write & Publish Fast For Profit
Visit Craig's web page, craigmartelle.com for the latest posts and updates or find him on Facebook, Author Craig Martelle. Send an email to craig@craigmartelle.com to join his mailing list for the latest on new releases, information on old releases, and anything related to his books.

I see my other lives, a career in the Marines, those damn hand-written tests in law school, a business consultant,

News & Interviews