Start by marking “What's in That Egg? : A Book about Life Cycles (ZigZag)” as Want to Read:
What's in That Egg? : A Book about Life Cycles (ZigZag)

What's in That Egg? : A Book about Life Cycles (ZigZag)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Eggs are awesome! But how come some birds’ eggs are HUGE while others’ are tiny? How do chicks come out of them? Imagine if humans were born from eggs! WOW!
Published February 10th 2009 by National Geographic Children's Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about What's in That Egg? , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's in That Egg?

Brooke Cross
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Although this book is very educational, I would not choose to have this in my classroom for a few reasons. The first being the amount of information presented on each page. Even I was confused on how to read the book with too many facts and blurbs taking up the entire page. It was hard for the story to flow because of this. When a page had a sentence that would stop and then continue onto the next page, I often lost track of what the sentence was by the time I read all the additional facts about ...more
Kate Hastings
K-3. Awesome photographs and simple text capture the diversity of oviporous animals, identify parts of the eggs and their uses, and suggest some simple observation ideas and discussion questions. Egg-cellent!
Peggy
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
My first-grader got this book for Christmas and it was perfect for him - both the reading level and the information. He really enjoys looking at the pictures and reading it out loud.
Melanie
A well-written, simple and very visual discussion of embryology (the study of eggs). Great photography will be a plus with young visual learners.
Sandy Brehl
Limited and highly readable text, appealing colors and layout, and remarkably intriguing photographs with simple labels make this an appealing and useful books for many ages.
Karla Talbot
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Minimal text and realistic pictures will engage students as they learn about the early stages of life. Great connection with primary grade studies of animals.
Sofia