Start by marking “The Second Coming (Rogue Academy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Second Coming (Rogue Academy #1)

The Second Coming

(Rogue Academy #1)

They call him the second coming.
Of honor for British football.
Of God in an athlete’s body.
Of every English woman’s fantasy.

Jude Davies is my country’s prodigy on the pitch. More famous than the nobility in Buckingham Palace, he and his merry band of scoundrels rule the Rogue Football Academy and the London nightlife scene alike.

And now, he’s aiming his well-honed set
Published May 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Second Coming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Second Coming

Melanie (mells_view)
Pretty good.

Future football star and a normal girl. Jude is kind of the bad boy of private school football, and Aria is just a nice girl who is busting her butt, working at that private school to care for her ailing father. These two shouldn’t really fit, but reluctantly they do. Aria wants to focus on the nonstop work life she’s established and Jude wants to make her dream bigger. So all in all a good read. Jude is a bit of trouble and Aria is a bit of calm.
ABookLover73
Five perfect stars for Aria and Jude!!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Carrie Aarons is the new author to me and "The Second Coming" is her first book I've read 😊.

This book was really great 😍❤!

I have to admit that is one of my favorite NA books this year and if you know me, you know that I'm obsessed with this genre 😅!

So, that tells you how good this book is 😉!

I enjoyed in every page I've read. The storyline, main characters, everything was perfect 😍.

Can I say that Jude is my new book boyfriend? 😅

Jude seems like an ar
Vanessa (nessreads)
4 Stars

The Second Coming was the perfect mix of angst, steam and drama. Loved the characters and their portrayal. The Rogue Football Academy hooked me from the very first page.

Jude Davies is a football legend in the making. It’s no surprise he’s the academy’s golden boy. He’s charming and reckless and when he and his friends get together there’s no doubt they’ll make trouble wherever they go. But things change when she appears.

Aria is every bit independent and compassionate. She’s different from
Tania's Book Blog
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cocky soccer player met his match and I was all for it. Jude was an up and coming star ridiculously cocky and never took anything seriously. He then meets Aria who turns him down every step of the way which intrigued him even more. As a matter of fact someone else gave him her name because she couldn’t be bothered with his arrogance. His pursuit started out as a means to get in her pants but as time passed he really wanted to know the hardworking young lady. Aria wasn’t your typical youngste ...more
Meredith
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAH! I absolutely loved this story! It was highly entertaining with the perfect mix of steam, angst and drama. The characters were well portrayed with enjoyable dialogue. The writing was top-notch and engaging. I was hooked from the very first page, lost in the world of the Rogue Football Academy.

The Second Coming follows the story of Jude Davies who is a football legend in the making. He is the academy's golden boy who is sexy, loaded, charming and a bit reckless. He and his band of buddies see
Carlene Inspired
4 1/2 stars rounded up

I needed a good sports romance to start my summer off right, so I was pleased to find Carrie Aarons was giving us a NA/Adult football (soccer) romance with The Second Coming. The Rogue Football Academy houses the elite British footballers, the boys and men of the league are meant for stardom on the pitch. Jude is the talk of the town, heralded as the second coming in football and swooned over in the London scene. He's a cocky charmer that likes to push his luck, but he's al
B.B. Lynn
4 stars!

I enjoyed reading this beautiful love story so much! But just because it's beautiful, doesn't mean it's not hard. I loved this story so much because it's not about the perfect love story, it's about the difficult love.

"...being with the person you're meant to be with doesn't have to be rainbows and unicorns. Life isn't like that, it's tough and gritty at times. You have losses, you get knocked down, and sometimes, you don't come out on top."

Aria doesn't live a charmed life. Each day for
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the author through InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Carrie Aarons and InkSlinger PR!

The Second Coming
is the first book in the Rogue Academy series and tells the story of Aria and Jude.

The Second Coming is the third book I’ve read by Carrie Aarons and so far my favourite book. I really loved the story, it was so good and I wanted to know how the book was going to end. I read this book in one day, it was just that good. I was hook
Courtney
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Second Coming is the start of Carrie Aarons' sports series and she starts it off right.

I enjoyed reading this book and getting to know these characters. Carrie does a great job of setting up the series well but also not taking away from the main two characters and their story being told.

Jude Davies is the next football legend. While he may be a great player on the pitch, he and his friends (and fellow team members) tend to find themselves causing problems, whether intentional or not. None o
Kayla Brunson
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a quick sports romance that delivered on the chemistry and romance. I have previously read Carrie Aarons before so I knew that I would enjoy her writing and storytelling. However, even though I enjoyed reading it I can’t say it’s going to be favorite.

What I did really enjoy about this book were the characters. I thought they were great and had some awesome chemistry. They are from different worlds but we know love doesn’t care about that. Jude helped Aria be strong and chase her dreams
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Carrie Aarons really did a spectacular job with The Second Coming. I was particularly impressed with leading man Jude.

Talk about a character who grew and developed during the story. And the whole process of that growth was just so well written. He wasn't ever unlikable for me. But he was definitely walking around with a chip on his shoulder. He clearly acted like (and was often treated like) he was the second coming in soccer or football as it's referred to in this British setting. However meeti
Tianna✸loves books✸
We are introduced to the H, who is a manwhore and an a$$hole.

“So, it’s no wonder that when she walked into the locker room, headphones in, belting at the top of her lungs and not noticing me … it’s no wonder my cock instantly perked up. It has been a whole week since I’ve had a proper shag, and my knob has been well-trained to stand at attention anytime a fit bird comes within twenty feet of it.”

The h is a dumbass trying put up a facade that she does not like the H but do lust after him.

Sorry
queen_of_the_books_18
The Second Coming by Carrie Aaron’s was such a brilliant read.

Sweet, swoony and cocky as hell Jude just drew me in from the start.

This book had a little bit of everything, drama, angst, smoking chemistry and banter. Everything I look for in a book.
If you love sports romances then I definitely recommend The second coming.
Rhonda Ziglar
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 SEXY JUDE STARS!!! Jude is PERFECTION!! Jude and Aria's story was hot, sweet, sexy and a page turner. The author sucks us into her story land and you feel like you know these characters. What a great start to a new series. I can't wait for more story with the other characters.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know absolutely NOTHING about rugby - wait, I know one thing; it's pretty violent. However, I love reading books where a character is a rugby player, whether by trade or as a hobby. And without knowing how Rugby players might be, I feel like Jude and the others were a great representation of what they would act like, or really how any young professional sports player acts like.

I really think that Jude and Aria were the perfect compliment to each other. Jude needed to act more seriously and le
Jenny B
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good sports romance and this one did not disappoint in the least. This book was full of the angst, the drama and the feels and left me actively turning pages waiting to see what was next. The descriptions used in this book had me longing to go back to England as it was perfectly written.
Christina
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy and the right amount of angst! I’d call this a slow burn romance between a British footballer (soccer) and a seamstress. Loved the chemistry so much and looking forward to more in this series!
Taylor
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jude and Aria... what to say? I loved getting back to the UK in Carrie's perspective and the world of Killian Ramsey and British football.

The way Aria has an affect on Jude and his behavior was refreshing in the way Aaron's told their story. Aria is more worried about her home and caring for her father than getting caught up in the superstar lifestyle of Jude Davies, football phenom. She has to focus on working her main job, getting her father squared away for the evening, and then rushing bac
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Second Coming is like my literary catnip - a sports romance wrapped up in the perfect amount of steam and angst and emotion PLUS phenomenal characters! Jude and Aria are the consummate example of how (seemingly) opposites can attract and ultimately complete each other by providing the factors and traits that the other is lacking. The setting and world Carrie Aarons created is utterly entertaining and I'm so happy that this is just the first book in the Rogue Academy world. I truly enjoy well ...more
Alex ♈
Pathetic narcissist of a male protagonist.
PATHETIC.
Walking-talking STD-junkie, who was so much in love with himself, that he probably made videos of every time he pooped and jerked off while watching it.
No woman with self-respect would ever give this imbecile any chance.
Pathetic.
Athena
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 STARS

The Second Coming is a truly touching love story that shows that "being with the person you're meant to be with doesn't have to be rainbows and unicorns."

I really enjoyed the interactions between Jude Davies and Aria Lloyd. I love how they both can be seen as 'The Second Coming', Jude is considered that in relation to Killian Ramsey when it pertains to English football and Aria is that in relation to Adele when it pertains to music. They both get a dose of advice from people who have
Kim
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhhh Jude and Aria!! What happens when you are the second coming of David Beckham and the one girl who you want to impress could care less?? Jude is a student at the Rogue Football Academy, funneling players into the premier league. Aria works at the academy and wants to just hide in the shadows. Little does she realize, trying to hide makes her more noticeable!

Aria and Jude had such a fun relationship once he convinced her that he was worth her time. He supported her and her talents and she t
Moon Love
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Miranda Knight
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A terrific British romance. Riddled with all the British-isms, a woman can ask for complete with a hunky and cocky football player and a shy girl.

Jude is well on his way to being not only a professional football player but one of the greats in the sport. Too bad his hijinx and antics get in the way and causes doubt in the minds of his coaches and team owners. He has to calm down--Jude doesn't know how. He wonders if the sweet sew girl can help him. All the guys at the academy have tried to get h
Holly Ivans
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story of Jude and Aria. Sports romances are the best and this one did not disappoint. Another great book by Carrie that knocked it out of the park...or should I say pitch :)
AnneMarie Davee
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you can read a book set somewhere other than the country where you live and you can hear the characters with their British accents, feel the roar of the pitch, and see the action on every page in your mind's eye, you know you are reading a great book. This is such a book. The Second Coming has it all: hot sports guy who has a lot of growing up to do, cute girl who is beyond her years. Together, they make for an amazing story. Carrie Aarons has a way of putting characters together that shoul ...more
Terri S
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come
New series alert! If you’re a fan of college/sports romance, then you should one click The Second Coming. The dynamic between Jude and Aria is on fire!

I love that push and pull when characters are so different, but they fit together perfectly. The chemistry is off the charts- how can it not be when you have a rising star who needs to grow up and a girl wise beyond her years willing to whip into shape.

I must read!
Carrie Aarons
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 is now live! Click here to read it!

This sports romance that readers are calling “one of the best new adult books of the year,” and “unputdownable,” is available and FREE in KU!
Three Chicks
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

That Jude Davis, the second coming of God when it pertains to English football, is so unbelievably talented, not even Mother Nature and her merry band of hurricane winds and rain can stop him.

Jude Davis may be the best player for the Rogue Football Club but he can't help messing up by living up to his bad boy image. But he messes up one too many times and finds himself getting sent back to the Rogue Football Academy.

Aria Lloyd's life revolved around work. When she isn't sewi
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
The Second Coming is the first book in the Rogue Academy series by the fabulous Carrie Aarons. I do love a good sports romance and Carrie writes fantastic ones. This time is English Football. Yum!!!

Aria is a seamstress by day and an groundskeeper at night at the famous Rogue Academy. She doesn’t have time for distractions in her life. She works and takes care of her dad. That’s all she has time for besides the three hours of sleep she gets at night. So when the famous football player comes snif
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She live