Start by marking “The Swiss Mishap” as Want to Read:
The Swiss Mishap

The Swiss Mishap

Published July 29th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Swiss Mishap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Swiss Mishap

My Not So Wicked Stepbrother by Jennifer PeelAbigail by Jess HeilemanSugar & Spice by Lisa SwintonHealing Hearts by Sarah M. EdenMiss Adeline's Match by Joanna  Barker
2019 Swoony Awards
238 books — 115 voters
Pillar of Light by Gerald N. LundLike a Fire Burning by Gerald N. LundA Season of Joy by Gerald N. LundFire of the Covenant by Gerald N. LundCharly by Jack Weyland
LDS Fiction
149 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Swiss Mishap
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 3.5/5.0

An amusing contemporary romcom, "The Swiss Mishap" features two characters with big dreams, obvious attractions and a string of cultural misunderstandings and language mishaps that will leave the reader with a smile and a chuckle.

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
N.N. Light
All her life Lainey has learned everything nuance to chocolate. Her dream is to work in the chocolate department of Alpine Foods in Switzerland. She secures an internship and is finally on her quest to become a chocolatier. Once she arrives, though, she discovers her internship has been cancelled. Lainey goes into a panic but help is around the corner and his name is Yves. He offers her an internship in the pet care department. Can Lainey show stuffy, uptight Yves she’s the gal for Alpine Foods ...more
Cathy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve never read a book quite like this one. I loved everything about it! The characters, the plot, the setting, and most importantly, the chocolate, all were fantastic!

In the first chapter we meet Lainey. She’s optimistic and just thrilled about her internship in Chocolate at Alpine Foods in Switzerland. But, unfortunately, her internship in Chocolate fell through. And she had no idea. Lainey is adaptable, and that’s one of the fun things about her. I had to laugh at her struggles in the first
Amey Zeigler
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Since I'm the author, this is probably an unfair review, but I happen to really love this book. I wrote it about one of the most defining experiences in my life, living in a foreign country is difficult and a brave thing to do. It's wonderful to share this experience with you. This is my heart.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Fainting at the feet of a gorgeous man may sound romantic but it’s less than ideal when that same man is about to interview Lainey for a job that could lead to a future defined by chocolate. Not just any chocolate. Swiss chocolate!

This was a fun book but I think Lainey may have found the meaning of ‘too much chocolate” tho she would probably disagree that such a thing exists. Seriously, her online ID is Chocophile, and she certainly knows her way around a chocolate aisle, but it should possibly
Laurie Winter
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A romance that will leave you satisfied!
Lainey arrives in Switzerland, ready to begin her internship at a chocolate manufacturer, Alpine Foods. Unfortunately, a mix up lands her in the pet foods division. Fortunately, she is working under the supervision of that division's head, the handsome Yves Claremont. As she works with Yves, she learns a lot of herself, as well as that some people are more than they seem.
The title, Swiss Mishap, is perfect for this sweet story. I loved the foreign
⭐Richelle
This was a delightful read! First time reading this author, but definitely will read more of her.

The hero was handsome and swoon-worthy. The heroine was fun and the "mishaps" paired well with the romance.

The details were great, the characters and their connection was believable. Definitely recommend picking up this fun read!
Mikaela
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really fun, clean read!
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Chocolate is a girl's best friend.
The Swiss Mishap by Amey Zeigler is a book for people that love to speak French, eat chocolate, and of course, adore pets. We follow Elaine through her four-month internship at Alpine Foods from the end of August to the end of November.
Elaine Peterson
Elaine, Lainey, Peterson is a recent college graduate who received a
KL Cassanello
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lainey is a serious chocoholic. She heads for Switzerland for an exciting internship with Alpine Foods. But there's a problem - when she arrives, the chocolate division has lost their funding, and she ends up in pet food. With Yves. She has an series of mishaps throughout the book - in the first chapter alone, she refers to her new boss as Madame (Eve as opposed to Yves), faints, and eats Yves' lunch. This was a really nice book to read - watching Yves and Lainey grow from employer/employee to ...more
Heather Wamboldt
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this romantic comedy. The characters are so sweet and there are certainly mishaps in the story. Wonderfully lighthearted and sweet, reading this is a great way to spend an evening.

Melissa
Shelves: booksprout
Her dreamed internship, a mishap, a fear of dogs and a sexy boss. This is a sweet read and I loved that the writing was catching and funny.

Lynn
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and entertaining read. Liked the story line and character interactions. Written well and flowed easily.

Anne-Marie
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lainey is in love, and has been since she was nine......with chocolate. Her whole life was devoted to studying all about chocolate and her dream came true. She was going to intern at the most prestigious company in Switzerland. However nothing was like what she expected. This is a funny and heart warming story of her struggles between chocolate and finding love.
Amy
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Swiss Mishap is an awesome read! I was not sure how I would like it at first but was hooked within the first couple of chapters. I found Lainey and Yves to be fun and entertaining characters. The setting is wonderfully beautiful and the story is so delightfully sweet.
I highly recommend The Swiss Mishap. It is getting a well deserved five plus stars from me. I would love to read more like this from Amey Zeigler in the near future.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100%
Libbi
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A humorous and chocolate filled romance.

“Swiss Mishap” was an adorable and enjoyable romance! The main character is so quirky and relatable. If you love chocolate and romance, This is the book for you!
Linda
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Fire on water. An impossible match”

I just finished, “The Swiss Mishap”, and throughly enjoyed the mishaps and romance of the story. It was refreshing and fun to read.
Ally Swanson
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book whisked me away on a sweet, romantic, delectable, savory journey to Switzerland, the Chocolate Capital of the World!!!

This book has a creative story line, fantastic writing style that flows with meticulous and vivid scenes, well-developed characters, is evenly paced, and keeps you completely entertained through the last page.

Lainey’s life has been pretty much wrapped up in chocolate and she has finally scored an internship of her dreams in Switzerland at Alpine Foods. When Lainey
Andrea
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Imagine flying halfway across the world, only to find out that your internship no longer exists and your best friend conveniently "forgot" to tell you. I probably would pass out, too.

And thus being Lainey's rocky ride now in the Pet Food division at Alpine Foods, instead of the Chocolate division, which was her true passion and goal. But having Yves for a boss may not be the worst thing in the world.

You can tell that Yves is somewhat amused by the American's antics and foibles, which will make
Nebula Castelino
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vro
Chocolate (massive win already), Switzerland, Ambition, Passion and Romance are the key elements that are beautifully woven in Amey Zeigler's "The Swiss Mishap". This romantic comedy is very unique for it follows the conventions of the genre but is still unconventional in its own right. Lainey Peterson is a truly authentic character who apart from dealing with the challenges of being miles away from home is repeatedly conched (the metaphoric element and the story of Rodolphe Lindt is one of my ...more
Boosmummy
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book free for an honest review. Lainey turns up in Switzerland to take up her internship at the Alpine Foods chocolate department, something she's dreamed of since she was a child. Unfortunately her roommate back in the US didn't tell her that her internship was cancelled, so here she is literally on the doorstep of Alpine Foods in a foreign country and no job. In steps Yves, who gives her a job in his department, pet care. Yes it's not the job she wanted and she's terrified of dogs ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This cute adorable story will put a smile on your face. Elaine comes to Switzerland expecting an internship in Alpine Foods Chocolate Department. What she got was so much more. Yves and Elaine sets this story apart and draws you into the underlying layers where she and Yves journey takes them into a forbidden relationship towards a happily ever after. I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Noreen Bennett
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
An ordinary love story about an American girl who does an internship in Switzerland.
It was very easy to imagine the scenery as I have previously visited.
Bridget
If your favoured reading material is a compelling tale with a good sprinkling of relationships, imperfection, romance, and humour then The Swiss Mishap by Amey Zeigler is a must-read for you!

From the get-go there was so much happening in this comedic, wonderful tale of romance! The story was told from two different perspectives: those of Lainey and Yves.

I was totally smitten with both protagonists. Lainey was smart, passionate and she had an amazing zest for life. Yves was ambitious, persistent,
Robert Zeigler
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I love Lainey and Yves, the characters, their relationship (although Martin takes the cake for best supporting actor). Lainey's mishaps never failed to bring a chuckle. Thoroughly enjoyed the characters, the chemistry, the humor, and the story.
Brittany
Jessica Arrowood
Feb 13, 2020
N.N. Light
Feb 05, 2020

• BODY HEAT SOUL FEVER HEART BURN (A KISS/KILL PREQUEL 1-3)
  • Song of Sugar Sands (Sugar Sands, #2)
  • A Matter of Manners (Shades of Sin, #1)
  • One Night in Provence (Destination Brides #3)
  • The Power of Love
  • RUSH
  • Cowboy's Fantasy (A Big Sky Short Story)
  • The Sheikh’s Wife Arrangement (The Safar Sheikhs, #1)
  • Alone for the Holidays
  • BULB
  • The Mountain Man's Babies Box Set (The Mountain Man's Babies, #1-5)
  • Your Neighborhood Chef (The Neighborhood #5)
  • Her Declaration of Independence (The Fireworks Series)
  • The Sheikh’s Instant Family (The Safar Sheikhs, #2)
  • Your Neighborhood Convict (The Neighborhood, #4)
  • The Sheikh’s Sham Engagement (The Safar Sheikhs, #3)
  • Border Romance (On The Border #3)
  • Zara's Surrender (Wild Mustang Security Firm, #3)

Amey Zeigler wrote her first mystery with her best friend in fourth grade. She wrote, the friend illustrated. It also had a cute boy in it with spiky hair (because that was the style back then). Not much has changed. She love s mysteries. She loves romance. She loves suspense. She loves action, adventure and comedy. But it must have a happy ending. Always sweet, always fun.

In her spare time, she