Start by marking “I Am Redeemed: Learning to Live in Grace” as Want to Read:
I Am Redeemed: Learning to Live in Grace

I Am Redeemed: Learning to Live in Grace

Mike Weaver, lead singer of Big Daddy Weave, shares from personal experience how when all we can see is our struggles and failures, God reminds us of who we are. . . . His children. Loved. Set free. Redeemed.
I Am Redeemed is an open book of Mike Weaver's life, bringing into the light everything from his battle with self-hatred to the near death of his brother and bandmate, who ultimately h/>I
Published September 3rd 2019 by Worthy Books

To ask other readers questions about I Am Redeemed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Redeemed

Start your review of I Am Redeemed: Learning to Live in Grace
Monica
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you listen to Christian music, chances are good that you have listened to Big Daddy Weave. One of their biggest hits is I Am Redeemed. In the book I Am Redeemed, Mike Weaver, with Jim Scherer, tells why the song was written and shares his personal story.

Weaver tells the story throughout the book of how he struggled with lies and anxiety coming from the enemy that he had no value. He has struggled with relationship difficulties and his weight as a result of his personal fears
Michelle
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Am Redeemed is a Personal Memoir by author and lead singer (Big Daddy Weave) Mike Weaver. I wanted to read this book because I love the songs by the band Big Daddy Weave; especially the song Redeemed.

It encouraged me to read the author’s story and this is someone I would love to get to know. I believe he wrote this book to tell his life’s story and encourage others.

I was emboldened by his 90IN09 testimony of exercising and losing weight. I appreciated how transparent he
Ruthie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow. I don’t recall a time I was this deeply impacted by a book. It’s well written, involves super interesting stories, and is approachable while having a personal depth that is rare. Mike’s spiritually profound revelations spoke to me, inspired me, and helped me see the unique ways God expresses His love. I absolutely recommend and encourage this read.
Andrew
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In I Am Redeemed, Lead singer of Big Daddy Weave, Mike Weaver opens up about how he became a Christian singer and how he struggled with his true identity. He begins the book by opening up about being nominated at the K-Love awards for Song of the Year. Their song, “Redeemed” won and Mike was very surprised that he didn’t even plan a speech. The song was a huge success for them and the song connected and changed countless people lives. Afterwards though, he felt that he failed and he struggled wi ...more
Susan Shipe
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy books about people! When a man, one who appears to have hit the big time, writes and bears his soul I enjoy it even more!
Real Life. Real Story. Mike Weaver of BIG DADDY WEAVE fame, along with Jim Scherer, share the story of Mike's struggles with self image and acceptance.
A story most of us can relate to in one way or other. I've always been a fan of BDW music, and especially the song REDEEMED! But, now that song comes alive in a brand new way.
My favorite paragraph in the book com
Terri Browning
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Transparent look at living a life seeking after God.

This is an amazingly transparent look at Mike Weaver's struggles to live the life God has called him to. There are also glimpses of the lives of other band members including Mike's brother Jay. In spite of the sometimes heavy subject matter there is overall a message of God's redemption, His love for His children and the lies we can accept as truths that will hold us back from being all we are created to be. I recommend this book to any be
Lance Lumley
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I am not versed in the Christian band Big Daddy Weave, the band Weaver sings with, so I was going into this book with no knowledge of the band. With that said, if you like easy to read biographies (each chapter is around less than 6 pages each) this is a great book. Weaver's struggles with acceptance, doubt, and his and family issues are covered in the tale, with some lighthearted touring stories as well. Christian readers will like this, especially if you are a fan of the band.
An in depth
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Am Redeemed is a Memoir by lead singer , Mike Weaver from Big Daddy Weave. I was excited to read this book because I enjoy the songs by the band Big Daddy Weave; especially the song Redeemed. I was very enlightened and encouraged to read Mike's story.
This book will give you a fresh perspective on just how much God loves you. You can feel the father's heart through Mike's writing. This book is an awesome reminder that even in the hardest times, God will help us. His plans are far better than o
Teresa
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I laughed and cried all at the same time during reading the book. It is the wonderful story of Mike Weaver and Big Daddy Weaves journey to victory. The struggle is real throughout this book and Mike makes no excuses at his doubts along the way. I really enjoyed reading the back story of how the group began and the struggles they endured. Mike's story is clear and his message is uplifting! You will not go wrong by purchasing this book. I received this book for my honest view ...more
Joan Thiesen
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

The Lord definitely led me to read this book! It connected to me personally on so many levels. A couple of times I laughed and said, "Yes, Lord, I know why you brought this book to me!" This is an incredible, down-to-earth recollection of reminders that we are never alone and that we are loved beyond measure. What a beautiful testament of faith. Thank you for sharing your story.
Jenilin
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than just a book for fans

Great read. Bought the book because I am going to Big Daddy Weave concert and wanted to know more about the band. Was totally unprepared for how it spoke to me about my feelings of inadequacy and unforgiveness. Good book for anyone dealing with unhealthy feelings about themselves.
Sharon Coleman
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very uplifting. Very interesting to find out about the band and Big Daddy's life. Many parts of the book touched me very much.
Gigi
Michelle Bowles
Sep 25, 2019

• Kingdom Come: Finding Holy in the Here and Now
  • Your Battles Belong to the Lord: Know Your Enemy and Be More Than a Conqueror
  • Real Life Love: Saying Goodbye to the Fairytale and Hello to True Relationships
  • Dare to See: Discovering God in the Everyday
  • Deadly Intentions
  • Take the Day Off: Receiving God's Gift of Rest
  • Gangster Prayer: Praying to a God Whose Answer Is Yes More Than It Is No
  • A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2)
  • Light from Distant Stars
  • Something Greater: Finding Triumph Over Trials
  • Strong, Brave, Loved: Empowering Reminders of Who You Really Are
  • May It Be So: Forty Days with the Lord's Prayer
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Refine and Restore: Revive Your Heart, Release Your Purpose
  • Angels Among Us: What the Bible Reveals about Angelic Encounters
  • Overcomer
  • Double Blessing
  • Not Forsaken: Finding Freedom as Sons & Daughters of a Perfect Father
“When the Lord moves in your life in a real and personal way, no one can ever take it away from you. People can try, but there’s something ironclad about having an experience with the very real God.” 0 likes