Start by marking “Time Travel + Brain Stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times” as Want to Read:
Time Travel + Brain Stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times

Time Travel + Brain Stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times

In a town full of homicidal inanimate objects, controlled by a mind marauding maniac with a penchant for pickling brains, young Joe Brown is about to learn the hard way that what's between his gunk ridden ears, could be the key to saving the world and time itself...or not.

Joe Brown thought he was living an ordinary teenage life, in an ordinary town, wearing some very ordin
Published June 2019 by Tenth Street Press

Be the first to ask a question about Time Travel + Brain Stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times

Start your review of Time Travel + Brain Stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times
Jen/The Tolkien Gal/ジェニファー
Disclaimer: although this is a novella, I've decided to rate each chapter individually. Enjoy my shit post! [The chapter-by-chapter review is also implemented to maintain adequate sanity.]

This book reminds me of the Lyttle Lytton contest [where the people with the worst writing win] -over saturated in writing style but utterly hilarious and enjoyable. There are so many quotable passages, so I'm having a hard time lifting quotes.

Preface

The book forewarns us of bad choices, cliche mome
William Foreignerski
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
David P.
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humorous
In the preface, Mr. Steele promises, “A lot of bad choices, cliché moments, terribly scripted villains and nonsensical violence.” He kept his promise. He failed to warn the reader of his excessive use of poop, farts, sharts, crusty underwear, oozing pustules, stinky socks, and two dozen more, at least, juvenile references to bodily functions and excrement.

I think Steele enjoyed making up ridiculous metaphors which would offend readers such as women, paraplegics, quadriplegics, armless people up
Happy Booker
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time Travel + Brain Stealing is a sci-fi horror story about Joe Brown. Joe is a teenager and was under the impression that he was living an ordinary life; however, due to an incident, his life changes. Time travel is at play, and he has to deal with villains on the way.

The narration swapped between the first person to the third but in a way that did not deteriorate from the comical side of the story. The author plays with many literary words in order to express and describe the scenes, yet keep
Noels
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Patrick
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hobart
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
A few weeks back, I received a request to read/review this book, this is what Steele entered under "Tell me about the book":
Time Travel + Brain stealing = Murderous Appliances and Good Times

Following the death of his parents, who died in a cliché’ and completely unimportant way, young Joe Brown is about to find out that living in a town conveniently named Doomsville, does have its draw backs [sic].

For reasons unknown, Joe now must face the
Audrey
Apr 28, 2021 rated it liked it
What in God's great Earth did I just read!? To say this book was terrible would be an understatement. I'm not sure what possessed me to read it in the first place much less in its entirety. Full of disgusting potty humor, disturbing details, and worst of all spelling and grammatical errors. However, I am led to believe that this is exactly the reaction wished for by the author. So if you want to read a terrible book... This is certainly it.

*I received a copy of this book for free. The review is
James
May 06, 2021
Tenth Street Press
May 31, 2019
Muneer Uddin
rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2020
Armani
Jul 15, 2019
Grasshopper Bot
Jun 12, 2019
Richard Steele
Jun 24, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: bizarro-fiction

• مليم الأكبر
  • Human Resources
  • The American Strangler
  • White Christian Privilege: The Illusion of Religious Equality in America
  • SQL QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner's Guide to Managing, Analyzing, and Manipulating Data With SQL
  • Laugh Lines: Forty Years Trying to Make Funny People Funnier
  • Unsuccessful Thug: One Comedian's Journey from Naptown to Tinseltown
  • Upon Further Review: The Greatest What-Ifs in Sports History
  • From Hang Time to Prime Time: Business, Entertainment, and the Birth of the Modern-Day NBA
  • 100 Great Kings, Queens And Rulers Of The World
  • Underprivileged Overachiever: A Crenshaw Story
  • The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains
  • Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science
  • Trumping the Trumpists: Everything you need to know about the Trumpist mind and how to trump it!
  • The Systems Bible: The Beginner's Guide to Systems Large and Small: Being the Third Edition of Systemantics
  • The Big Three: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and the Rebirth of the Boston Celtics
Richard Steele was born premature in Vietnam circa 1966 after his mother, a long forgotten United States test pilot, was shot down during the war. Little infant Richard fought his way through kilometers of Vietcong tunnels, dragging his unconscious mother by the umbilical cord to a nearby US army base. There, he dove back into his womb of solitude and re-birthed himself some two decades later.

Lege