Start by marking “The Extremely Busy Woman's Guide to Self-Care: Do Less, Achieve More, and Live the Life You Want” as Want to Read:

Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Imagine your perfect day.
What if that perfect day was every day?

You're probably doing a lot--taking care of your family, killing it at your job, volunteering, organizing, scheduling, delegating. At the end of all of that, do you have any time or energy left to take care of the most important person: you?

Self-care movement leader Suzanne
Published December 3rd 2019 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about The Extremely Busy Woman's Guide to Self-Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Extremely Busy Woman's Guide to Self-Care

Start your review of The Extremely Busy Woman's Guide to Self-Care: Do Less, Achieve More, and Live the Life You Want
Kris Patrick
My favorite self-care will always be reading!
Jacqueline (We Be Book'N)
This book didn't bring much to the table - the first whole half was about slowing down and saying no, which I thought didn't fit well with the way this book was marketed, since its for Busy Women. Also, the format for kindle was awful and should be fixed before publication.
Alexandra
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A good journal/workbook to start on self care. There are stories, information and journal entries from her daughter's journal - which she explains early on. The prompts, questions and quizzes have space to write your response. This one can be a great help if wanting a place to put pen to paper.
Baileys Book Babble
I received a copy of this via Netgalley for an honest review.
This book doesnt contain anything that we dont already know in our heads and constantly push aside. It is an amazing reminder and one that I know I will be picking up multiple times throughout the year and probably far into the future. After reading it I am doing these little acts of self care and feeling much lighter as a result. I would highly recommend for anyone out there feeling burnt out by life and needing to find some joy.
Keeley
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved it! I found the advice practical and applicable- in fact, I've already begun using some of it. It seems fairly straightforward, but someone like me needed to be told, gently, to take care of myself. That's it's ok to do so, and crucial.
Tatia
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I read The Extremely Busy Woman's Guide to Self-Care with an expectation in mind for what topics and chapters it might cover. However, the book was not what I envisioned, for both good and bad.

Many chapters covered topics like saying no, setting boundaries, making time for what's important, cutting out what's not important, etc. While those are important things to account for in order to organize the way you spend your time, it just wasn't exactly a match to my expectations for this book.
Eunice
Dec 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This book shoud be purchased in a physical copy, not a digital.

I struggled getting into the book in the first couple of chapters. I understand the author was trying to tell the reader what her background was, but it really didn't draw me in. I also found it hard to relate to someone whose busy lifestyle was being her own boss running her own website. The book itself is NOT meant to be in an digital, it was really difficult to read on an ereader! Plus with all of the writing prompts it is really
Emilie
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as it set very clear and attainable ways to improve your self care, including very detailed instructions on how to ask for help clearly and with power and how to set boundaries. Those are topics often talked about, but never truly explained to others how to achieve them. This reads like a workbook with prompts and actionable steps. This is a great gift for new moms, working moms, career women and any other stressed individual (so...all of us)!

This book loses a star from
Meghan
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
I received this book as an ARC from Sourcebooks in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book was a necessity to read because all of us not just working women struggle with this problem everyday. I have been waiting for someone to write a book about self-care in the busy life and I am so happy to see that Suzanne Falter was bold enough to take on the task. There were a lot of great tips and tricks that I will definitely try and
Nicoletta LaSirenissima
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Life can be hard sometimes and especially when you are a woman, married with two children, two jobs and a house to take care of.

I am earnest that I take all the help I can get and this book had some pretty good advice for me.

Because you have to start with yourself and how you need to chance how you view things that you may not be able to change.

So thanks for letting me read this great book.
Still looking for a New Year's Resolution? You could do a lot worse that taking the advice given here, to make self-care a priority in life. It's not self-indulgent, in fact, taking care of your own needs can make life easier and more productive. I love the message: stop beating yourself with a stick, start treating yourself with kindness.

Great message, but lost a bit in fairly standard kinds of advice and waffle. And if I'm being honest, I found all the dead daughter journal quotes a little on
Alexandra
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I understand that I received an ARC of this book, however, the formatting was so off, it was incredibly difficult to read.

I didn't love this book. It really focuses on slowing down - which is important. But yet, this book was marketed towards women who are incredibly busy and I think there is more to self-care than just slowing down. It did have some good messages throughout the book, but overall, it just felt meh to me.
Lea Campbell
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic self care book for anyone!
*ANXIETY OR DEPRESSION FAM* if that’s you, get this book! She actually gives you step by step things to work on. Lots of other books tell you to ‘find a hobby you like and do it’ but Suzanna gives you suggestions for hobbies and how to fit them in to your life - and all of the exercises in the book are useful! 10/10
Fastener Gal
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I liked a lot of the content in this book but what I found most useful were the self-assessments and journalling sections. I would have liked a bibliography of other studies to explore subject areas more deeply. This is an easy book to read and put into action for those beginning this journey in their lives.
Anjedah / bookriot_awesomeyou
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its really nice and helpful book for everyone who wants to manave there life . There are lots of questions and blank page to answer those questions . It helps us to know where we are and we are lacking. I feel like everyone should have this book in paper back .
Bibi
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Self-care is huge for me, and have taught self-care classes for people struggling with mental illness. This book has a bunch of good, basic information that I think is helpful. I just didn’t personally agree with everything, but overall a good read. I guess I was just hoping to learn something.
Christine
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphic-novel
I read this book because I thought it would be full of helpful tips for self-care. It is not the typical self-care book in that it is a very deep dive into finding your life's purpose and meaning. It contains examples, stories, and a workbook section. It is a good book, but more in depth than what I was hoping for.

Thank you NetGalley for my complimentary copy in return for my honest review.
Amanda Yates
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good book full of points that needed to be taken to heart. Something I think most women need to read and be reminded by.
Daniela Valdez
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Overall would recommend if you are beginner to self care, other than that, wouldn't recommend to read.
Annarella
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very interesting and useful book I couldn't put down and gave me a lot of interesting ideas.
Highly recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Becka
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Admittedly, I did have some formatting problems with this book but it didn't stop me from loving it. This is a book that all women need to read - trust me, you'll feel better for it!
Jas
Jan 24, 2020 rated it liked it
This book had a great combination of insights, personal stories and exercises. I think though that this book could’ve been written in 100 pages instead of 300.

Overall I took some notes from it and enjoyed it enough.

Read my full review on my blog.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for sending a copy. All opinions are my own.

XIV Blog
Isabelle | Nine Tale Vixen
I received an advance review copy from Sourcebooks through Netgalley; all opinions are my own and honest.

I believe that this book was written with good intentions, and I was at least engaged enough to read through to the end. Even if I had major disagreements and/or reservations regarding a lot of the advice.

To be quite honest, some fundamental ideas in this book made me uncomfortable. The first is the publication of excerpts from a dead daughter's diary; for all I know she would be happy with
Elizabeth B
Crystal Jones
Feb 07, 2020
Audrey
Feb 21, 2020

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Eleanor & Grey
  • We Met in December
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • The Test
  • All-American Muslim Girl
  • The Theft of America’s Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies That Are Destroying Our Country
  • First Came Us
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • The Woman in the Dark
  • Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
  • Buyology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy and the New Science of Desire
  • Hell on Wheels (Kings of Mayhem MC, #4)
  • Everything I Needed to Know about Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume
  • Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey Across the Life Line
  • Sweet Salvation (Nasty Habits, #1)
  • Turkey Trot Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #24)
Suzanne Falter is an author, speaker, blogger and podcaster who has published both fiction and non-fiction, as well as essays. She also speaks about self-care and the transformational healing of crisis, especially in her own life after the death of her daughter Teal. Her non-fiction books also include How Much Joy Can You Stand? and Surrendering to Joy . Suzanne is also the host of podcast ...more