Start by marking “Playette” as Want to Read:

Playette

Vengeance has a name, and her name is mine.
My role is to take action against the darkest men I’ve ever come across.
To kill them one at a time.
Until my list is complete.
And in doing so, I’m going to use my most powerful weapon—my body.
They ruined my life, and now it’s my turn to destroy theirs.
Even if it means a death sentence for me, each drop of blood will be deservi
Kindle Edition
Published September 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Playette, please sign up.
Ana Manjić HEA for sure :) and no cheating... Read it, it's perfect!…moreHEA for sure :) and no cheating... Read it, it's perfect!(less)

Start your review of Playette
Na
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"The things I keep don't usually survive. You don't want to be kept by me, Isadora."

T.L. Smith doesn't disappoint, that's one thing for sure. With Playette she delivers merciless another fantastic dark romance that will test your boundaries.

"I'm a good girl, but I'll be bad for you."

Issy is one hell of a strong heroine. Wow. This woman has sass, power, self-confidence and courage all the while being fearless and looking like every men's wet dream. Her mission is driven by hate but her h
Jade Violet
Playette is the story of Isadora (Izzy) Marine and she has only one mission in life - avenging her family. Eight years ago, when Izzy was 14, she watched her family gunned down viciously by the Moretti crime family and for eight years she has dreamed and readied herself with her uncle's help to put herself in a position to take down each member involved on that fateful day.

"There are nine members of the Italian Mafia who walked into my parents’ little shop that day and killed them. Each one
queen_of_the_books_18
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow!
That was an intense book and completely not what I was expecting!

It was sexy, hot, heart racing and jaw dropping.

This book is all about Isadora who is seeking vengeance. Isadora is my kind of heroine, a kick ass woman who knows her own mind. But what happens when Jasper, the devil himself gets in her way?

If you like fast paced, intense romances with a twist then Playette is for you!
Coco.V
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars! I liked it but I didn't love it. Review to come.... ...more
BLuvsBooks
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Vengeance is hers.

My favorite mafia romances are those with a strong heroine that do not cower to the mafia man and Playette did not disappoint.
Isadora is seeking revenge for her family and Is out for blood.
Jasper is the boss and knows she is hiding something however he is also intrigued by her.
Family secrets are revealed and loyalties are tested.
Will vengeance or forgiveness and love win?

A dark action packed story filled with vengeance, secrets, and surprising twists.
T.L. Smith
Sep 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
"I'm a good girl, but I'll be bad for you."

NOW LIVE!!!
TBR - http://bit.ly/2YV6L9h
Paperback - https://amzn.to/2L1UYC2
Black Sheep
Dec 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is the DUMBEST MAFIA BOOK I have EVER read and that says a lot. I've read some pretty bad mafia books that overuse the word, "Whack" and "How you doin'", trust me.

I had such high hopes for this book. The cover was nice, the story line was extremely interesting and the first sample I read grabbed my attention and I liked the story line. Revenge on a mafia family knowing you might die, that’s intense.
What I got in return? RIDICULOUS MAFIA UNREALISTIC BULLSHIT.
I know not all Mafia romance st
Jan
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

I read PLAYETTE in one sitting, to say I crave T.L Smith's words is an understatement, she always feeds every one of my cravings when I want a dark, angsty romance leaving me well and truly satisfied.

PLAYETTE was just what I needed, I loved the angst, the, on the edge plot, the suspense, twists and turns.

VENGEANCE its a dangerous game and since the loss of her parents Issy has been trained and perfected by her uncle to have revenge, she's a manipulator, a player, a sex kitten, she will be anyt
Tees_BookCave
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So when I first found out that Playette was releasing, I was beyond excited. I’m a sucker for T.L. Smith Mafia/Dark Romances.

Let me tell you if you love mafia romances then this book is for you.

T.L. Smith did not disappoint, she Delivers yet another mafia romance that is going to claw inside your heart and lay down roots. It’s a mafia romance that will test boundaries.

Isadora is one fearless and one strong as hell herione. She is not afraid to grab life by the balls and swing through life on
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 VENGEANCE STARS!! This book is in my top reads for 2019! My heart is still beating so hard....I kept telling myself breathe, just breathe. Isadora is one beautiful tough women going after what she wants....she has won my heart. Jasper is hot, dangerous, mysterious and gets what he wants. These two together is like dynamite and there will be explosions, but what a beautiful pair they are. Both damaged but perfect together. T.L. Smith given us readers the heart pounding beautiful story we grow t ...more
benevolent bastard
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Aisha
Sep 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book might be an issue of "it's not you but me".
Excellent synopsis and first chapter but from there on it was just terrible.
There's no chemistry between her and Jasper. I understand trying to build a strong female lead but she just came across as messy. Jasper's character is even worse than that, a bossy psychopath? His language is that of a teenager. Smh
Jypsy
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Wildfire and the author for a complimentary copy. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: T.L. Smith

*REVIEW* 🌟🌟🌟🌟
Hell hath no fury like a woman filled with vengeance. Playette is a story of revenge and righting wrongs. Isadora has faced tragedy. Because of this tragic event, she seeks revenge against those responsible, the Moretti mafia. Issy has nothing to lose, and she intends to kill them all, even if it kills her. She is resourceful, using her beauty and body as a weapon.
Maddison Spiteri
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TL does not disappoint! Playette was so intense and so good I was sad to reach the end of it.
It’s so easy to fall in love with TL’s stories when you’re a sucker for the bad boys and bad-ass women!
Please, never stop writing! 😍
Ann
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok read.

The story itself was not bad but once again the editing was terrible. I can’t bring myself to rate a book any higher when it has so many issues. I also wonder why none of the reviews I read mentioned editing.

The sentence structure is terrible. You’re and your are not the same and are not interchangeable. I will admit that this is a pet peeve of mine and may not bother most readers. There are inconsistencies in the story which a good editor should catch. Please get a better editor so we
Samantha Love HEA Romance Book Blog
4.5 Stars

This book was such a great read! The author has delivered us a book where the story is set around a strong female character, and I just love that. Issy is tough, she is strong, and she won't back down until she finds her revenge. This book was exciting, and enjoyable to read.

I felt so much for the hero of this book. His past has made him who he is today and you can't help but love him, even with all his rough edges. He is powerful, formidable, and down right sexy! Issy is strong and ca
Robyn Corcoran
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Playette is a tantalising treat everyone will enjoy. It has a bit of everything all wrapped up in a sexy Isadora and Jasper bow for romance and suspense lovers.

Isadora has one goal; to kill the men of the Mafia. Then she meets a stranger who peaks her interest, and boy is he interesting!

I love the characters in this story, every wicked one of them, and let me tell you there are some very naughty ones! 😉 Well, okay there were a couple I didn’t like! As the story develops we gain a greater underst
R Rais
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A woman is set to take revenge for her parents dead. She will do anything to have her revenge including her own death as lone the men responsible, died in her hands.
She's smart. She's prepare. She have no fear.

He is their King. He is feared. He kill with no remorse. Born and live in the family, he know being evil is the only thing to live.

Till this point, I'm ready for four star. I forgot how T. L minds work. She got twisted,and when I say twisted,its twisted plot in her sleeve. That Twist ea
Jenny B
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a great mafia read and this one definitely did not disappoint. Isadora had such incredible strength in her character that left me enviable of all her strength. And oh Jasper, how I swoon for the broody alpha with the soft underbelly. This story had so many incredible twists that I never saw coming and truly left me on the edge of my seat (and sleep deprived) so I could continue reading.

Highly Highly HIghly Recomend this book
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
On a hotness level of 1 to 10 this book is a 20 and deserves all the dang stars!

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in life it’s that the people content to stand in the dark are the ones you know you will never forget! Isadora learns that the second she lays eyes on the mystery man hiding in the back! When their lives become more intertwined than either anticipated they both have to decide where their loyalties lie because it’s more than lives on the line when it comes to matters of the heart!
Melissa  Wright
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow hold on to your seats for a truly intense ride. Isadora is out for vengeance. What better way to get it by using her body as a trap. I love Isadora. She is strong, confident and not afraid to take a MF out. Jasper, a sexy, powerful mystery man, becomes her top target.
Playette has everything you can ask for in a book. It is sexy as hell and will keep you guessing throughout. The world TL creates does not disappoint.
Rose Croft
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh!! This was a deliciously, twisted, and beautiful story wrapped together in a fabulous book. I loved Isadora and Jasper!!!! They were my kind of crazy. One-thousand stars!
Anne Milne
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. T.L. Smith has delivered yet another amazing unexpected story. Intense is too tame a word to describe this twisted tale.

Isadora is one strong kick ass heroine. You may not agree with everything she does but you will admire her tenacity. Together with Jasper they could set the world on fire with their chemistry. Revenge was never so sexy. I love the dark intensity of the story and the characters.

I am holding out hope this isn't the last we see of Jasper and Issy. I want more more more.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahh this author has one again knocked this story out of the park. Highly recommend this story
Teresa Lara
Absolutely loved Issy and Jasper
Broken twisted intense heartstopping love story
Plz tell me they'll be more
Tammy
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a crazy ride this book took me on. Man I loved Isadora, she is one bad a$$ woman. And well she has to be for someone like Jasper. These two, not even sure how to describe them except holy hot af, they are like the perfect pair. Secrets, lies, revenge, love and a whole lotta sexy times. Definitely a 5 plus star read, has everything a reader could want.
Tanaka The Bibliophile
"Vengeance comes in many forms, and in my case, it’s worth paying the ultimate sacrifice to achieve."

When you read an exciting book, you find stories that capture you. You find characters that tell interesting stories that grip every single part of you. You find writing that strikes a chord inside you. Tanaka. Reviewer extraordinaire. Blogger. Meet T.L. Smith, a new to you author that slayed you with a heart racing book. Wow, Playette is a heart intoxicating read full of twists and turns on ever
ashlee l.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a mafia book in a long time, especially one with a strong heroine—Issy killed it! Literally.

Issy doesn’t stop for nothing.

She’s out to get vengeance.

Jasper is a king. Mafia King to be exact.
Just who is Jasper...?

What happens when a strong bad ass female is out for blood?

Yeaaaaah. I ain’t telling you! Ha. Get on this read ASAP!
Avicii_ Dark_Blogger
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Wow Wow! Excuse me, but I'm addicted to this! 😱😱 I don't care! I fell in love with this book, the main characters, the secondary characters, the writer's writing, and more I read in the original language (!) 🤯
I finished this book last night. And my thoughts still run in my brain.
This is my first time contacting a writer personally for questions. Because I am in love with the characters and the plot I had to pour everything into someone who read the book or even * wrote * it! And I got the
Kara (Rotella Reads)
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I devoured Playette in less than 24 hours. This author writes some of the steamiest, dramatic, borderline insane darker romance novels! I absolutely loved this read from the suspenseful beginning to the sweet ending. The blurb for this read hooked me and my attention was held through the entire read.

T.L. Smith wrote an extremely fierce heroine with Isadora. Loyal to a fault, she stopped at nothing to avenge her parents' death, kicking ass and taking names along the way. I loved every darn thing
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Collateral
  • Damage
  • Sinful Chance (Sinfully Rich, #4)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Breaker
  • Redemption
  • Covetous
  • Mason (Trinity Academy Book 2)
  • The Truth About Us
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men #1)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Play Me
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Cross your Heart
  • Hurt Me
  • Burnout
  • I Never Planned on You (I Never, #1)
  • Convict (Sin City Salvation, #2)
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L. Smith loves to write her characters with flaws so beautiful and dark that you can’t turn away from. Her books have been translated into several languages. If you don’t find her in her home town of Queensland, Australia you can usually find her travelling around the world to sitting on a beach in Bali, to exploring Alcatraz in San Francisco or walking the streets ...more