Start by marking “Crushed: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crushed: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #1)

Crushed: A Hockey Love Story

(Vegas Crush #1)

No-fraternization policies were made to be broken.
-Evan Kazmeirowicz, VEGAS CRUSH

This may sound reasonable coming from the star winger for the VEGAS CRUSH the day he lays eyes on the new social media manager for the team, but for Holly Laurent, its a whole different story.

Dating a player is a risky business, especially if she wants to keep the job she just landed with the
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 220 pages
Published May 28th 2018 by Raine Miller Romance

To ask other readers questions about Crushed, please sign up.
Leonie Love to hear the answer to this question :)…moreLove to hear the answer to this question :) (less)

Start your review of Crushed: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #1)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, 2019
Crushed is Evan and Holly's story. Evan, the star winger for the Vegas Crush is a well known player on the ice and off it. He's never been given a reason to settle down until he takes one look at Holly.

Holly is fresh out of college embarking on a new job as the social media manager for the Vegas Crush. She's intrigued by Evan but no way is she going to risk her job.

This started off a little rocky for me just because a few random thoughts from Evans head and some conversations with Georg about
Ilaria 81
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit that I have an addiction to hockey romance
But OMG what a nice surprise was this to me
Cook it like you want but well cooked Cinderella meets prince is a plot that I cant resist
1 star less for useless stalking fan
Gabby
'She looks back at me as she leaves and I legit want to jump the barrier, skate to the glass, and beg her to let me sink my biscuit into her net.'
Like...page 4.

description

I bought this. I ACTUALLY SPENT MONEY ON THIS AND I WOULD LIKE A REFUND.

I'm finding it hard to rate this any more than one star. It feels harsh in one way, because I've definitely read texts that were more offensive and badly written then this . . . but wow.

I mean, where was the editor for this? At one point the MC remarks that 'he
Wendy LeGrand
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hockey romances have become one of my new favorite tropes over the past year, and Crushed pushes all the right buttons for me. A to-die for hockey player with a reputation for being a bad boy. A young heroine who's just starting a brand new career. The chemistry and attraction are undeniable. But there's that pesky no-fraternization policy...

I really enjoyed this story! The way that Evan pursued Holly was very endearing. Here's a guy who is used to women falling at his feet, but Holly is not
Luna Sol
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this debut novel by Brit DeMille even though I have never watched a hockey game in my life. Most of all I loved the connection between Evan and Holly. I really got into their relationship from the beginning and was waiting so anxiously for that first kiss. When I read a book it's so important that above all I want to continue to turn the pages to know where the story is going to go, how those walls are going to come down, and of course looking for those special 'firsts' ...more
Taz
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holly and Evan were two souls that needed each other. Evan is gunning for team captain of Vegas Crush NHL hockey team. This is his year to achieve his goals on the team. When Evan sees Holly at practice as the new social media person for the team means she will be around him all the time. Evan goes to great lengths to break down the walls that Holly erected around her heart.

Great start to a new series with good character development and nice plot twists to keep the pace going.
Selma
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I'm a sucker for sports romance books especially if they're featuring sexy, sweaty and bulky hockey dudes and sweet, flirty and smart women. The mixture of speed and strength on ice is what fascinates me about this particular sport. It's competitive and sometimes even brutal but very entertaining. Brit DeMille's first book in the Vegas Crush series was a winner for me in every aspect: intriguing storyline - check, endearing characters - check, instalove - check and HEA - double check. This is ...more
Sejla
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Hockey romance books are my vice. When I heard that one of my most favorite authors ever Raine Miller wrote one under the pen name Brit de Mille, I was one-clicking and all over it in a second. It didn't hurt that the blurb was intriguing and the cover gorgeous. There is something sexy and super attractive about these Hockey gods with cocky personalities who slay on the ice and have bodies to die for. But what makes me crazy for these books is when these hunks are brought to their knees by love. ...more
Cocktails and Books
I love a good hockey romance, but this one fell short with me. Not sure if it was the romance between Evan and Holly or the hockey itself when inserted into the story.
Karoline
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe, ow-om-drama
I love Raine Miller so when I found out she had written under a pen name I was very excited. Now, sports romances always make me very nervous so I rarely read them. I took a step outside of my comfort zone for this one and I'm happy I did because I loved it! We hear a little bit of Evan's past and there is some mention of "puck bunnies' but it wasn't totally in your face. I just loved these two characters. Evan and Holly are great for each other and he really had some swoon worthy moments ...more
Lesley Koke DeWig
5 Stars

There are authors that just write damn good stories. I don't care if it's Raine Miller, Brit DeMille or Vivian Wilmont. Evan and Holly are everything that builds a beautiful Love Story. I loved it so much. Excited for Pam and Georg book.
Musing
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delicious tale

Brit deMilles debut hockey series book was wonderful. I was captivated from start to
finish. Im always glad to find an author who doesnt write cliche plot arcs, so Ill be making sure I grab anything by this author. Great characters, great story arc, great storytelling. And were talking hot, hot hockey players.... sold!
ClosetReader
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!

Crushed was a quick easy read that I enjoyed. I am typically not a fan of hockey books as it is hard for authors to get it right. Crushed was not a home run for me but maybe a double. It was a little on the insta-love side. Evan chased Holly before even knowing anything about her. The hockey side of the book was frustrating for a few reasons that I will not bore you with, but it wasnt accurate. That being said, the book is not about hockey but a hockey player. I feel like maybe it was
Ashley Wright
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vegas Hockey

Amazing! Love any hockey romance book and considering vegas is in the finals this year it really hit the spot!
Michelle
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Short, fun, sexy read.
Bookgyrl
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite enjoyed this book about Holly, new social media manager, and ice hockey player Evan. They meet, feel the chemistry and the rest is history as they say. Both Holly and Evan are sympathetic characters and the story as a whole is low-drama.

I like the writing style of the author (this is my first book by her) but I am not sure I will remember the book for long. It is quite straightforward and a fast read.

Carole Deere
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got Crushed!

I loved Holly and Evan and Uncle Troy. Even if you dont know jack about Hockey you will love this book. The side characters are fantastic and I cant wait to learn more of their story. Brit De Mille great job!
Crystal
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, sports-romance
Hockey and Vegas, what more could I ask for? Well, for it to be done right, which this book is! I love Holly and Evan. Evan especially. He's sexy, sweet, and will make you absolutely swoon. A great book and start to a new series!
Heather Pollock
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A Must Read!!! #OneClick BABY!!
Kari Hansen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holly has recently graduated from college and doesnt want to do anything that would impact her new job as social media manager for the Vegas Crush. She is well aware of the no fraternization policy, but she didnt expect to attract Evans attention or that he would be so irresistible.

Evan is a player on and off the ice. His career is taking off as he is in line to become the next captain of the team and has been able to have any woman he wanted whenever he wanted but so far Holly hasnt been
Lisa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know I can always rely on Raine Miller (Brit Demille) to give me a romance novel that hits the spot when Im craving a good read, and her version of sports romance did not disappoint!

I absolutely LOVED Evan and Holly, both as individual characters and as a couple. They both had interesting pasts that led them on the path to each other, leaving us with a hero who was absolutely persistent, relentless, and romantic, and a heroine who had values, independence, and vulnerability.

Together, their
LWM
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was. . .an okay, nicely researched/referenced story. . .

It isn't that I disliked the book, because parts of it were interesting. I simply didn't "feel" it, as though something was missing. There were a handful of grammatical and syntax issues that owe a lack of solid proofreading and good editing to their existence in the book. That, I found disturbing given how the blurb about the writer insinuated the writer's husband had a hand in writing, too, and was her sports consultant. Disturbing is
Darcy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance, rw, 2019
This was a fun sports romance to read. I liked that Evan pursued Holly and their courtship at the start, that he took her reservations in mind and went slow with things. I did hate how Holly was targeted at work by her boss and another journalist. Their actions later on were out of control and even when an apology came along it didnt seem sincere.

The ending to this one was fun, just what Evan and Holly needed and deserved.
Ann
Wasn't prepared to like this story as much as I did once it got off the ground. This is a sweet couple once they clear their pasts outta the way. Hero is totally head over heads for the heroine. Good mix of hockey and romance.

P.S. This book is actually written by Raine Miller. Not quite sure why she's writing under another name. Book 2 does show it's Raine Miller writing as Brit DeMille. So if you're an RM fan, give this one a try.
Jennifer D.
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Raine Miller that I have read and I really enjoyed it. It's a quick and steamy read. I am kinda a sucker for hockey romances so this was right up my alley. I loved Evan and Holly! Their chemistry was off the charts hot! Can't wait for book 2!
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
This is the first book in the debut series by Brit DeMille and I am absolutely HOOKED!

Evan is a star player for the Vegas Crush and Holly is the new PR staffer and the niece of one of the team's scouts. Terrified to break the team's no fraternization policy but tempted by an undeniable chemistry with Evan, does Holly choose love or her new job?

Michelle Bridges
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and Romantic

I was looking thru books and I love hockey romances so I started reading the book and I was hooked from the start..Holly and Evan keep u on your toes..Ty you for a amazing book. I can't wait for book 2!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Cute, sexy hockey romance, perfect start to a series that is going to help me get through the NHL postponed season
Angela Alboreo
*Sigh*

Review to come
Karen
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this hockey romance story. You will too.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Logan (Carolina Reapers, #4)
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Sawyer (Carolina Reapers #2)
  • Connell (Carolina Reapers #3)
  • Comeback: A Small Town Single Mom Romance (Dallas Devils, #2)
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Iced (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • ENGLISHMAN
  • Kissing Micky (Washington Guardians Hockey #1)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Defender (Seattle Sharks #9)
  • Filthy Lies (Blackstone Dynasty, #2)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Crush: A Single Dad Hockey Romance (Boston Brawlers, #3)
  • Il negoziatore
  • Bad Teammate: A Hockey Romance (Dallas Devils Book 3)
Raine Miller has been reading romance novels since she picked up that first Barbara Cartland book at the tender age of thirteen. And it's a safe bet she'll never stop, because now she writes them too! Granted Raine's stories are edgy enough to turn Ms. Cartland in her grave, but to her way of thinking, a hot, sexy hero never goes out of fashion. A former teacher, she's now writing sexy romance ...more

Vegas Crush (5 books)
  • Sin Shot: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #2)
  • Red Rocket: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #3)
  • Puck Money: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #4)
  • Smokeshow: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #5)

News & Interviews