Start by marking “Lost in the Mind (In the Mind, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost in the Mind (In the Mind, #2)

Lost in the Mind

(In the Mind #2)

After the last incident—which involved a serial killer—Chevy and Seneca are considering puppy wrangling as a new, safer profession than psychic detective work. Honestly, Seneca would prefer to focus on his new relationship with Chevy, even if he’s worried about the menacing countdown calendar leading to Chevy’s birthday. But when homicide requests some assistance from them ...more
Published June 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Lost in the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in the Mind

Start your review of Lost in the Mind (In the Mind, #2)
Deborah
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it

Having had mixed feeling on the previous book. I took a small break before starting this. But I settled into it straight way. I enjoyed the characters and their banter much more this time.

The story wasn’t as creepy and I felt much happier all round.

I’ve grown to love Chevy and Seneca. Yes they’re crazy but also laugh out loud funny in places.
Carol Flores
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
In this second book, we follow Seneca and Chevy through another case that will require the use of their gifts. Strange things are happening to random people, because when victims are found by the police department, they’re on their knees and with a smile on their faces.

Chevy and Seneca go through their memories, and even though at the beginning they don’t have any answers, eventually they realize the victims were part of some kind of creepy cult. These people are following “The Light” that’s ba
Skirmish
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Lost in the Mind is the second book in Alice Winter’s fascinating In the Mind series and reunites us with Chevy and Seneca. The case is new here and most of the background is explained, so while I think your experience would be enhanced here by reading Within the Mind, you could probably jump into this story without having read the first book.

The guys are living together and happy as a couple, recovering from their battle with the serial killer. Neither is particula
Chris
I think there was too much snark - so much from Seneca that I actually lost patience with him ... I could sense vulnerability and emotion at times but his protective layer of sass just didn’t work for me. I struggled to read this series and that disappointed me after 3x5 Star Alice reads before this. Guess you can’t win them all !
Annika
Audiobook review

I really enjoy this world with gifted people and I find both Chevy and Seneca’s abilities really fascinating, going into people’s minds seeing the good and the bad. I can’t imagine it’s easy, but still they do everything to help as many people they can. So when they are asked to once again help the homicide division they agree, not knowing the dangers in store for them.

It was nice to see how Seneca and Chevy’s relationship developed. They had an ease about them that comes from
Micah
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m becoming more and more of a fan of this author. She writes characters that I just absolutely love. They’re weird as fuck but in a good way. I love that in this book we get more Seneca cause he’s absolutely hilarious. Can’t wait for the next book
Jacquie Stewart
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5

I'd really love to have more from this series but maybe with pov chapters from Seneca as well as I think it would round out the story.
I listened to the majority of this and it was really well done. To the point I could still hear their voices as I read it
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

Seneca and Chevy are brilliant! I laughed at every interaction!!

This story follows on from book 1 and Seneca and Chevy are in a new relationship and have moved in together. Seneca is hilarious. I laughed at every page of the story. The way he teases, jokes and interacts with people (not just Chevy) makes for a great read. Chevy is trying to come out of his shell and be more social for Seneca but I think Seneca is social enough for the both of them!!

This story fol
Mia Sciberras
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhhhh..... there is so much to love about this series, but #1 is the fact that Seneca and Chevy are THE most hilarious couple you'll ever meet and are absolutely perfect foils for each other's personality. I was literally chuckling most of the way through this mystery and thoroughly enjoyed the way this whodunnit was mapped out. Lots of fun! 5/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ...more
avid reader 1
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The banter in this book is hilarious. Seneca draws everyone into his orbit with his good nature and humor. Chevy's character is not as restrained and standoffish as he is in the first book, which allows him to participate more in the back and forth with Seneca when around others. This gives more depth to their characters and their relationship. Their connection is stronger since the awful times they shared in the first book.
The premise of Lost in the Mind is unique and fascinating and kept my a
Sue
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in the Mind is the 2nd book in the "In the Mind" series. I would most definitely read the first book Within the Mind...for a few reasons...you will learn so much about this particular world where certain people are "Gifted" with certain abilities that we don't naturally see in this "real" world we live in. You will also get to know Chevy and Seneca and learn how they began working together and how they came to be who they are in this story. You will also learn to love these two and their wo ...more
Sarita Chapdelaine
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is an amazing addition to the In The Mind series and I absolutely loved it. I didn't think it would be possible to surpass the previous book but Alice Winters managed it and I was fully engaged from the very first page. Lost In the mind is beautifully written, sexy, sweet, quirky, emotional, hilarious, gripping, intense, full of suspense and danger, there are many surprising twists, the storyline is wonderful and the characters are incredible. I could not stop laughing at the banter between ...more
Claudia
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HUGE 5*****

Seneca and Chevy are back and more awesome than never!!!

When the Homicide department asks Seneca and Chevy for help, they are sooo not thrilled to be involved in a homicide case again...

As it happens, they were right to be wary... Strange things are happening to random people... someone is tampering with their minds.

Between being harassed by some really strange behaving people and dealing with a mistery to solve, Seneca and Chevy still find time to be their awesome selves...

This AWES
caroline wilson
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book by the author and This is my honest opinion.

This is the second book, and one I'm really enjoying. Senneca and Chevy is just such a lovable couple and one that made me chuckle with their witty one liners and humour.
The mystery for this duo is what happens when someone can make you free in inhibitions and moral compass, where there no longer restrained by right or wrong and This is the case the duo are investigating. I like that the author gives us a 2 sided coin of being glad
Kaila
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
chevy and seneca are everything.. they are the world.. they are hysterical and perfect together while somehow being one of the worst couples ever hahaa.. they are amazing.. and they are just perfect.. individually and together just perfect! i loved this so much and i cannot wait to see what adventure they go on next.. also the paranormal aspect of this series is so much fun. i love the snark and love!
Lulu
Goodness I rolled my eyes so much I had to shake my head to clear it...
The mystery was decent , its just to personal relationship that was too much. Don't they get tired? Can't they be serious for a second? and how many times did they say "I love" "Do you love me"

sigh
Candice
Seneca was still way too over the top for me. Calm down! The mind game wasn't as strong in this one, but I didn't lose interest in this. I still really enjoyed it. Puppy wranglers for sure! ...more
Diane Dannenfeldt
This was soooo good and so scary IMO. What the bad guy was able to do scared the crap out of me. Being able to effect people from a distance is horrifying. I understand that he didn't mean to do what he did with the old couple but that didn't excuse what he did. Not like in the first book where I felt sorry for the bad guy, I didn't for this one. He deserved what he got. Okay so I love Chevy and Seneca. Seneca is sooooooo inappropriate and makes me laugh so much. I have no idea how they keep the ...more
Elithanathile
Jun 21, 2020 rated it liked it
True rating ... 3.5 stars 😊!! Seneca and Chevy are seriously ADORABLE!!! I would have liked more for the ending BUT that indicates there may be more books to come ... May that be the case 🙂!!!! The humor and wit here are SO on point ... I was legit crying with laughter at some points!! I am convinced the author moonlights as a comedian when she isn’t crazy-busy writing awesome books 😊!!!
Kendra T
Just like the first book of the series, this really makes your mind go WONKY, but in such a great way. Reading this was a heck of a ride. Half the time I had no idea what was going on or how Chevy and Seneca were going to get themselves out of their predicaments, but it was so well told and the story was woven awesomely. Seneca and Chevy are such a great couple. They are hilarious, and I absolutely love their snark and fun loving relationship. They are truly the perfect pair. I loved this, even ...more
Anabela.M.
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cassandra
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had to struggle through this one as it didn't get any better for me.
I needed Seneca to give me a break, but....
I'll end with this one
M.I.A
All the gooey lovey-dovey goodness you can handle!

Read review at your own risk, possible spoilers

Laughter during sex, of course, because these two can't take anything seriously and it is damn endearing.

" I'm not going to work covered in marks!"
" It'll be like our mate mark."
" We're not werewolves."
" If we were werewolves, would you let me fuck you as a wolf?" I sigh.
" What? It wouldn't be weird since we'd both be werewolves, right? We'd totally do it... doggy style."
" Go away. Take you
Rebecca Azizov
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was the only Alice Winters book I didn't listen to until very recently...
so without preamble here we go... It's review time 🎧
Lost in the mind By Alice winters
Narrator Joel Leslie Froomkin

Narrator score🎧 ; Ohhh Joel, Joel, Joel ... when I heard the first book I said to myself (because me and self love to fangirl over him) that he can be an amazing horror narrator ... and I was horrified because he is our mm narrator and he can't leave us... and I still say it... but please don't leave us..
Melrose Blu Review
Apr 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook Review by Mel
5 Blue Roses
3.5 to 4 Blue Flames

Narrator Joel Leslie delivered the highly entertaining and ridiculously funny escapades about two gifted men who are on a mission to save mankind. Yes, that’s how serious this shit is. Joel brought all his playful tricks to the party to give amusing a whole new meaning. This narrator and author duo fits like pancakes and bananas. Just add a little syrup and anything goes! Joel’s ability to pull a person into the story and hold your attention
Beth
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very amusing but a bit over the top

Thankfully this second book in the series isn’t anywhere near as creepy/frightening as book one. This book actually doesn’t seem to be even in the same ballpark as book one...it’s a pretty dramatic turn around.

Chevy is still long-suffering and Seneca is still crazily, inappropriate and over the top. In fact it’s a bit too over the top. To the point that I had a hard time seeing him as a real law enforcement officer because he seems to take absolutely nothing se
Meg
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series. I suppose it technically could be read as a standalone book, but I don't recommend that. You really need to get the full story of Chevy and Seneca, along with their previous work.

As with the first book, Seneca is a narcissistic flirt, but the banter between Chevy and Seneca is so much fun! Chevy is an introvert, and really nothing like Seneca, but for some reason, he feels lucky to have the cocky man in his life.

The detectives are called in to work with ho
kathleen
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing better than getting lost in the magic that is a novel by Alice Winters. She has such a talent for creating a world that jumps off the page and mesmerizes the reader. In Lost in the Mind we get to revisit with Seneca and Chevy, two of my all time favorite characters. The absolute love and devotion these two share, amidst all the crazy that surrounds them, is a thing of beauty. They are the perfect foil for each other.

This story will take you on quite the mind trip. It is full of
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Seneca and Chevy are back in Alice Winters' Lost in the Mind and the hilarity starts immediately. Their banter is truly the best and I couldn't stop laughing.

I love this series and this book. I could read this over and over again and never stop enjoying every single second of it. The sexual innuendos are non-stop and absolutely delightful.

As for the mystery, Seneca and Chevy once again are working together trying to solve murders. The suspense is unique and will keep you invested.

Alice Winters e
« previous 1 3 next »

• Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #1)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • Mack's Perfectly Ghastly Homecoming (Mack's Marvelous Manifestations, #2)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Hijinks With a Hellhound (Hidden Species #3)
  • Lesser Things (OMNI Corp #1)
  • Stalked by Shadows (Simply Crafty #1)
  • Smash & Grab (RELIC #1)
  • Surviving the Shadows (The Bearer of Truth #2)
Alice Winters started writing stories as soon as she was old enough to turn her ideas into written words. She loves writing a variety of things from romance and comedy to action. She also enjoys reading, horseback riding, and spending time with her pets.

Follow me on Facebook where I put up short stories, teasers, and giveaways: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Alice...

Join my newsletter: https://ww

In the Mind (2 books)
  • Within the Mind (In the Mind, #1)