Start by marking “Get Organized Without Losing It (Laugh & Learn (Free Spirit Publishing))” as Want to Read:
Get Organized Without Losing It (Laugh & Learn (Free Spirit Publishing))

Get Organized Without Losing It (Laugh & Learn (Free Spirit Publishing))

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Kids today have a lot to keep track of?and keep organized. Schoolwork, friends, activities, chores?rooms, backpacks, lockers, desks?and what about fun? Here's friendly, practical, humorous help for kids who want to manage their tasks, their time, and their stuff?without going overboard or being totally obsessed. Tips, techniques, strategies, and examples empower kids to co ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2006)

Win a Copy of This Book

Get Organized Without Losing It
    Release date: Jul 17, 2017
    Enter to win 1 of 5 copies of Get Organized Without Losing It by Janet Fox! Perfect for getting ready to go back to school.

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 368 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 03 - Aug 21, 2017

Countries available: US

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Get Organized Without Losing It (Laugh & Learn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get Organized Without Losing It (Laugh & Learn

The Reading Countess
    Sound familiar? My middle son is a bright kid whose organization, or lack thereof, is the bane of my existence. And his teachers'. Let's not forget them in this triangle of learning. I picked this quick read up hoping for some tips as well as plan to plant it in his room (if I can find space in there, ahem). Some ideas were picked up by me, but now I'm just hoping for some of the book to rub off on him. The conversational tone and voice of the book make it an easy entry for kids like him. Hopefu ...more
    ☘Tara Sheehan☘
    This book should be mandatory reading for parents; in fact I think schools should have to give it out to them at Meet the Teacher Night before school starts to help them get prepared and give their kids a better chance at success.

As a parent I found this book not only easy to read and informative, which you would hope considering the subject matter, but what I truly loved is that it’s the kind of thing my daughter could go over herself as it’s not written just for the parent.

It has a Mary Poppi
    Ryan
    Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This is a well thought out, easy to approach, and fun way for kids to learn to be organized at school. It covers everything from desks, lockers, binders, and even keeping your schedule organized so you have the time to do what you want and still get homework done. The ideas are simple enough for even the youngest kids to learn, plus it has example that can be used when talking about schedules, planners, etc. An excellent resource.
    Trace
    A super quick, fun read for kids. I had hoped for a bit more detail in some areas (such as how to organize your binder, etc)... but all in all it'll be a great first step to get my son motivated to get himself organized for grade 6 and then middle school! I will simply insert some notes referring him to specific sections in OTHER books such at the SOAR book (highly recommend)...

Denise
    Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Thanks, NetGalley and Free Spirit Publishing, for allowing a preview of this book. I plan to share it with teachers and students. It provides helpful hints about the organization process for students who are beginning to move out from under their parent's control. I am a fan of the Laugh & Learn series!
    Mehsi
    I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

So, I spotted this book and just had to check it out. I know back when I was the age these kids probably were I also had an overload of stuff, at times I couldn't find stuff, or found sandwiches from some time ago. :P

This book is chock-full of tips, hints, lists, questions, checkup lists, well anything really about organising. I love how the writer explains everything in a good way, not too hard to understand, but also not borin
    Clare Cannon
    So many good ideas, it could even get kids excited about getting organised. I had to laugh with some of the examples: Is your backpack a black hole: the curse of the too-heavy back-pack; desk disasters, locker shockers and other major messes; biohazards (something that is very bad for you and the environment, like a year-old tuna sandwich)...

And the great ideas: a list of essential stationery; how to use a student planner; time management and how to use a timetable; a homework check-list; how to
    Christy
    Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: 5th grade
    Even as an adult, I don't think there is any one perfect way to organization. Something that works for one person may not work for another. We have to find our own system that compliments us. I think it goes the same for kids. I came across this book while at our school book fair a few years back when my son was in elementary school. It is a wonderful tool that may help give kids a heads up on organizing themselves before they reach the older grades. It offers some good suggestions on desk and l ...more
    Ericka
    Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is a great book on organization for kids. I bought it for my 9 year old son and read it first so I'd be prepared to work with him on it. There wasn't anything really new for me as an adult, but she tackled the topic in a great way, grouping things in such a way that made perfect sense, but that I never would have thought of. The book was also quite humourous so I think he'll get a kick out of it. He has the same sense of humour as me underneath his childs' sense of humour and I laughed seve ...more
    Miss Kelly
    Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: family
    Loved this book. I used it to prepare for a a teen program I conducted on Homework help. Great ideas, a little youngish for true teens. Great for middle school, 'tweens" though. I like it for myself...may buy this. The tips for parents and teachers in the back of the book are helpful as well. I really like the reading suggestion list too.
    I want to look up STUDY IS HARD BY WILLIAM ARMSTONG too and ORGANIZING FROM TEH INSIDE OUT BY JULIE MORGENSTEN
    Alys
    Aug 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Written for children between the ages of 8 - 13, this is a friendly, easy to follow guide book for getting students organized, an area of real struggle for my son.

Other titles by this author I plan to explore: How to Do Homework Without Throwing Up, Stress Can Really Get on Your Nerves!
    justbeingarlyn
    Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Borrowed this for CheekyBabyMunster (Primary 3/ Age 9) hoping that she'll gain a couple of tips and able to practice it during the school hols. I read through the book and it's really a handy reference for the young students to keep it together.
    Kathy
    Aug 08, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: informational
    Two copies
    Vic
    STAY ORGANIZED
    Janaki
    Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    It helped me get better organized, so it was a good book to read!
    Mary
    Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: kids-books, have-book
    Again - great strategies for kids.... just what mine need!
    Sassy School Counselor
    I love this book for my middle school kids. It's fun to read a few chapters together during a study skills group. It's hysterical.
    Skye
    Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Cute book for kids with lots of good tips. I read this with my son, now if he'll just do some of the suggestions...
    Sophia Tang
    Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    It teaches us to get organized.
    April
    Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I read this book to Grant (11 years old) to help him get ready for the school year... Definitely a good read for kids before school starts to set the tone for a year of organization!!
    Rhonda
    Jul 30, 2010
    Bridget
    Jan 11, 2013
    « previous 1 3 4 next »
    Author of award-winning fiction and non-fiction for middle grade and young adult readers. My upcoming middle grade novel is about gender identity and alternative facts in a fantasy Elizabethan England. Plus...dragons, knights, conspiracies, kidnappings, and more.

Published books:
    "Get Organized Without Losing It" (middle grade, Free Spirit Publishing, 2017, new edition)
    "Faithful" (young adult, Pengu