Start by marking “Lies” as Want to Read:
Lies

Lies

Betty Dawsey knows that breaking things off with Thom Lange is for the best. He’s nice, but boring, and their relationship has lost its spark. But steady and predictable Thom, suddenly doesn’t seem so steady and predictable when their condo explodes and she’s kidnapped by a couple of crazies claiming that Thom isn’t who he says he is.

Thom is having a hellish week. Not on
Published July 21st 2019 by Kylie Scott

Start your review of Lies
Tina
What a fucking asshole of a hero. I honestly never stumbled upon so many unlikable characters in one book.

Review later. Actually a rant later.

So this was one of the stupidest books I have ever ever read.

!Spoilers!

First of all, I knew I wouldn’t like it when in first few pages the supposed best friend of heroine told h to not leave hero. Heroine is telling her how after a year together he treated her poorly, never put her in a first place bla bla bla. Let me tell you if my best friend told me th
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Truth = I am not a big romance suspense reader, but Kylie Scott, you have that talent to suck me in!!

Amazingly written, I was pushing through this book just to find out what was coming next!!! These characters are well written. Betty and Thom, oh you guys gotta read these two. From the outs to the ins, the ups and downs, and oh what a fun ride at times, definitely pick this one up. This read is not one I'll forget anytime soon. I hope to see this as a blockbuster on the screens!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤️4 STARS ❤️

“Our whole relationship was like a mission to you. You assessed my life, inserted yourself into it, and then only worked within the parameters you were comfortable with.”

It was a quick and refreshing read! I liked the characters and the story was interesting , I couldn't put it down.It has action,drama ,humor and a great romance.It's different from her other books but still very good!

description

Betty is hilarious and Thom was interesting.Their romance was slow ,intense and steamy.If you are loo
Wendy

I like so many others already, really had a "movie" vibe when reading this book. The fact that the cover model seems to be Keanu Reeve's twin, only amplified that feeling. Of course, I couldn't get the handsome man out of my head once I laid eyes on this cover...which is not a bad thing.., at all !!!

john wick gif - Google zoeken

This book also reminded me a bit of the movie "True" Lies", which again...was not a bad thing, since I loved it.

Betty wants to end her relationship with Thom. He is a good guy but they don't seem to
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Betty Dawsey is a florist in California who has been with her fiance Thom Lange for a little over a year when she decides things just aren’t going to work out. They’ve lost their spark, and everything between them has become predictable and routine. She was tired of feeling like an after thought. He was always busy or away for work, and she was lonely. She wants someone who puts her first and makes her a priority. She needs to end things before
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
1 STAR⭐️ DNF, Chapt 6 @47%

I can fully admit that I’m the kind of romance reader that will go down for a thirsty cover. Yes, I’m aware the man on the cover isn’t showing any skin but he’s giving me Keanu Reeves/John Wick vibes and this shit is enough to entice me. That’s right, I said that.
What made me really fall for it though, is the blurb. I loved the premise of "Lies". It sounded fun, a mix of romantic suspense/adventure—which I love— and comedy. Having very much enjoyed the author’s previous
Stacey is Sassy
I really enjoyed the audio for Lies. The narrator does an awesome job and I was enthralled from start to finish. It was an excellent re-read/listen.

**********

Sure, there was a wee bit of betrayal, but…

I’ve decided that I’d be happy if hubby came home and told me that he’s an undercover agent. Yes, there would be a bit of hurt and crankiness because he’d kept a secret from me. Yes, I might also be very interested to know what kind of undercover was involved. Yes, I might have to hurt him with a b
Isabella. R
3 Duplicitous Stars ⭐️

What should have been a relatively painless breakup with her soon to be ex Thom, becomes a series of explosions, kidnappings and a life on the run with a man she barely recognizes.

Betty Dawsey is pissed to learn that her comfortable, yet boring fiancé Thom is in fact an undercover operative.  Everything she thought she knew went up in smoke with the condo she previously lived in…

Forced to remain together for her own safety, Betty and Thom will need to sort through the lies
.。.✿.Nana.✿.。.
Lies and + lies, is what this reading was, but in a good way since I enjoyed it a lot hehe

The moment I started reading this story, I couldn’t put it down and ended up devouring it in one sitting because everything from the characters to the storyline had me hook.
Lies was totally unexpected and I instantly found myself falling in love with Betty and Thom. These two certainly had me on the edge.

The story is one action packed ride full of bullets, , and secrets and I loved it!
The Glassed And The Furious
I love Kylie Scott. She is one of my favorite authors. But this book was truly disappointing.

First of all, let me say that I get that with millions of books and movies out there, there is bound to be an overlap of themes. I get that. Just because an idea has been used in countless other instances, does not mean a book cannot be original and good. BUT, this time around I truly felt like Kylie Scott just watched Kingsmen and some RomCom and figured, she'd combine the two. Sadly, it does not work.
Sentranced Jem
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019
PSX_20190722_165425.jpg

Title: Lies
Author: Kylie Scott

Normally I won't use the words 'action packed' to describe a contemporary romance written by Kylie Scott but she proved me wrong.

Kylie Scott always manages to write amazing books and this was honestly no different. Lies is one hell of a book. It's suspenseful ,edgy and exciting.

Gosh I loved Betty and Thom. Once Betty finds out Thom's true identity and his real personality..the chemistry is full on guys! 🔥

“You’re handling this well.”
I laugh. “Oh, really?” Bec
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

It’s not the most original plot- True Lies movie 1994- however it’s a cute read.
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Now I find out you’re some weird vigilante assassin ninja super-spy, I don’t even know what exactly.”
“Just ‘operative’ is fine. Fits onto a business card easier.”

This book was so much fun! It reminded me of the movie Knight & Day, except it was actually good. *smiles sheepishly* What? That movie was ridiculous. But I did love the concept. And Lies delivered on the delicious promise the blurb brought. Full of action, steam, and enough laugh out loud moments that kept you glued
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
NARRATORS: Andi Arndt
LENGTH: 6 hrs and 22 mins
RATING: 4 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

I enjoyed this one thoroughly! It was such an action packed story with an adorable snarky heroine who doesn't let the hero get away with anything at all. Although he is the James Bond like character with the intelligence to boot Betty is always a step ahead of him. I really loved how she outsmarted Thom. And while
Julia
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

It has been a long time since I’ve read a Kylie Scott book and when I saw she was releasing a new book, I jumped at the chance to yet again devour one of her stories. I have always been a big fan of her writing and she did not disappoint with Lies. I love suspenseful romances and thrive on the anticipation of what’s
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
*sigh*

dnf @ 28% - unfortunately, this one wasn't for me.... I found the narrative and characters to lack dimension and it was hard to actually root for Thom and Betty. The premise of this story had me sold initially because doesn't it just sounds like a hollywood blockbuster??? While I can imagine it on screen, the execution in this book was just... meh.
*The Angry Reader*
Jul 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 20%. I couldn’t take it anymore.

This was the barest outline of a book - missing details, emotions and reality. Their conversations were utterly bizarre given the circumstances. I’m fleeing back to the safety of historical romances.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 ⭐'s

I love Kylie Scott's books and it pains me to only give this book three stars....but as much as I enjoyed the romance I was left feeling deprived.

Plain and simple, I am not a romantic suspense kind of girl and I knew that going in. Still, I couldn't resist and for the most part I really enjoyed Thom and Betty's relationship. I just thought the "agent" stuff was too much. Or better yet...the balance between the agent stuff and the romance could have been more equal.

I thought the premise wa
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description I've been wanting to read this one for a while and I finally got the time to read it. 📒 I liked it. 😪 Sure I thought she got over his deception WAY too easily, but it was an entertaining story. 👀 That is until we got to the twist. 😒 Then this author lost me. 🔚 I mean seriously? 💣 That twist just showed that this hero didn't give a fuck about Betty at all. 💔 To do something like that after all the lies you had told her previous...ugh. 😈 This guy was an epic douche. 💩 And do not even get me start ...more
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
So I gave myself a little time to think and a chance to feel differently about this book... and it didn't work. I'm sorry to say this was the most mediocre book that I could imagine Kylie Scott writing. Yes it was funny sometimes, because duh, it's what this lady is known for but it couldn't save the story from having any sort of meat to it.

Over and out
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fun light romantic suspense!!!!! I'm giving it 4.5!!!!
Susan's Reviews
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, Kylie Scott got me into trouble again! I've got deadlines fast approaching but I still had to sneak a peak at my Kindle and read this one on the sly. Hard to keep a straight face after reading that shower scene! That will teach me to read a Kylie Scott novel during working hours!!!

I was so happy that Kylie Scott once again has a plus-sized heroine who refuses to be uncomfortable about her size. Betty flaunts her voluptuous curves with pride. I boycott fashion magazines and rarely watch tel
Jacqueline
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So that was unexpected. Kind of thrilling with some decent intrigue. Not so strong as a romance but it made for a refreshing change from my usual
My_Strange_Reading
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
RTC but Meh. Not a great suspenseful/romantic combo. Felt way too forced
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Betty has been dating Thom for the past year and they have recently become engaged. Betty is just a bit bored with Thom. There is just no spark there, in their day to day life and between the sheets. I guess you could say this is a case of it’s not you, it’s me - kind of. She needs to end things now before life gets any more predictable. She has barely set foot outside their condo, suitcase in hand, when the building explodes. Things are about to get unpredictable.

After passing out, Betty awaken
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I really liked this book a lot. Lies by Kylie Scott was funny, sweet and suspenseful. Betty is fed up with her plain fiancé Thom and decides it’s time for something new. What happens is she is kidnapped and questioned about Thom. Turns out that plain old Thom is secret agent. The banter between them is hilarious even though the a facing danger at every turn. Really hoping that there will be more of these awesome characters that were introduced.

Review copy provided for a voluntary review.
✰ Liz ✰

Available now on Amazon:

FULL REVIEW TO COME!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:

Bookphenomena (Micky)

Every single thing about this read was unexpected, even taking the unusual synopsis into mind. This was a fast-paced, thrilling romance with bucket loads of story and plenty of twists. It was also consistently amusing with characters I couldn’t help but be pretty enamoured with.

What is super interesting about this story and how it starts, is that the ‘going wrong’ part of the relationship happens right at the beginning, in unholy style. So, you could almost call this a second chance kin
1.5 stars.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't really like this one. The only thing I really enjoyed was the h's character. She had her normal hang-ups, but I didn't find her annoying. It's a low bar, I know. Everything else, the OTT plot, lack of relationship development, unsure safety, and ending made me pretty mad. It would've gone a long way if the H managed to apologize for lying to the h for over a year. Or if he'd reassured her that he was always faithful to her whenever he was away for work. B

• The Best Thing
  • The Day He Came Back
  • All Grown Up
  • Inappropriate
  • Plan B (Best Laid Plans, #2)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Outmatched
  • Dirty Letters
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Bad Apple
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man #4.5)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Making Up (Shacking Up, #4)
  • Heartache and Hope (Heartache Duet, #1)
  • Big Shot
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality #1)
  • Sink or Swim (Beach Kingdom, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.