Start by marking “The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)

The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)

Mystery with a splash of romance
Published May 28th 2019 by Celtic Dreams

To ask other readers questions about The Great Jewel Robbery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Jewel Robbery

Start your review of The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
Kristina
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna is the first book in A Front Page Mystery series. Emma Moore and Grace Warner are heading to Fontana, Wisconsin to cover a charity gala and auction being held at the home of Ivy and Edward Braun. When an expensive Art Deco jewelry set is stolen, Emma and Grace set out to find the thief. The Great Jewel Robbery is for readers who like light, humorous cozy mysteries. Emma is the main character and the story is told from her point-of-view. Emma is a ...more
Shalini
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute read, a cozy mystery which had a robbery, an assault, and a murder in between moments of peace and entertainment, and hints of romance with the lead Detective.

Emma and Grace reporters at the Chicago Tribune were to cover the auction of the diamond jewelry, and you guessed it - the jewels were robbed, and Emma and Grace were spurred to action. Both wanted to prove themselves as serious reporters. Ryan as the lead detective, brought out the heat factor and hints of romance.

My first
Carla Johnson-Hicks
The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna is the first book in a new cozy mystery series. I enjoyed this new cozy debut very much. I read a lot of cozy mysteries and I liked that the main crime in this book was not a murder but a theft. I also liked the two protagonists, Emma Moore and Grace Warner. They are both reporters for the Chicago Tribune, Emma in sports and Grace in the Life and Style department. Grace comes from a wealthy family and that is the connection that sees them covering the ...more
Tracey
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story Emma and Grace, reporters at the Chicago Tribune. Grace is assigned to cover an annual charity ball and auction and brings Emma with her as her boyfriend had bailed on her.

While at the charity auction everything seems to be going well until Emma finds an unconscious man in the study. It becomes apparent that this is the host's brother and he was attacked and the wall safe was broken into and a three
LAWonder10
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a murder mystery which is,also, a fun read! Laced with humor, the author has created a captivating, intriguing, mystery, with a touch of romance.
Former college roommates, present journalist colleagues, Emma and Grace were raised in two different worlds, but that has not hindered their close friendship. Since Grace's date "bailed" on her, Emma is her Guest at a High profile social event... An event that could be an opportunity to earn the promotion they each seek. Will they be the first
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Stolen jewels?! For an auction to help raise money for kids?
The Great Jewel Robbery by Elizabeth McKenna is the first book in a hopefully long cozy mystery series. Ms. McKenna has me hooked. I especially want to know if the main character and her best friend will stay in Fontana instead of going back to Chicago.
Emma Moore
Emma Moore is one of
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycass Thoughts

Tribune Lifestyle reporter Grace Warner is assigned to cover a charity ball at a Lake Geneva mansion owned by Ivy and Edward Braun and she drags along best friend Emma Moore who also works for the Trib as a sports reporter. Grace is friends with the Brauns so she feels right at home. But it is Emma who finds a man knocked out in the study. More investigation finds the wall safe empty. A three-million-dollar necklace that was there before the event started is now missing.

Grace
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun friendship book with an interesting cozy mystery and a hint of romance.
The "beautiful people" are gathering for an evening of glitz, glamour and fund raising along the shores of Lake Geneva on the Wisconsin Illinois border. I enjoyed a look inside one of the mansions I can only dream about. With a mini golf course on the fourth floor and a swimming pool on the roof, I will not be spending time at such a "cottage" any time soon.

Although Grace is friends with the family hosting the event,
laura8759
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends and family
Shelves: review
Thank you very much to Elizabeth McKenna for the pdf download of , The great jewel robbery a front page mystery the book is about Chicago Tribune reporters Emma and Grace have been best friends since college despite coming from different worlds. When Grace is assigned to cover an annual charity ball and auction being held at a lakeside mansion and her boyfriend bails on her, she brings Emma as her plus one. The night is going smoothly until Emma finds the hosts brother unconscious in the study. ...more
Amy’s Booket List
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts

What I loved most about the Great Jewel Robbery was the main character. Emma is a very down to earth woman in a fantastical setting and she isnt afraid for people to know that. She has no airs about her and doesnt seem preoccupied with status. Thats not to say that she doesnt have insecurities, because then it wouldnt be an honest portrayal of any person. Instead, shes very aware of and seems to acknowledge her faults in a very endearing, yet self-accepting way. Shes also a very good
Peyton Hammond
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review~

I bow down to an author who can make a friendship from college seem like it was from childhood. They way Emma and Grace flow together make it seem like they have known each other their whole lives which is the friendships I love to read about.

Emma and Grace are very well written. The author reveals a little bit about where they came from without it feeling like it takes away from the overall plot. She makes this seem so effortless
Deirdre Crampton
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review.

Im not much in to writing reviews, as books are such personal choices. Lately everything Ive read has felt heavy and as if its trying too hard. This book was the exact antidote to all my problems.

A fun and breezy romp through a weekend at a big mansion outside Chicago. It had all the components one would want for a fun summer read, best friends, check, romance, check, a mystery, check, and finally women who are not just accessories,
Michelle Smith
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery meets romance. I LOVED IT!

A good mystery book keeps you guessing until the end.. and this one kept me guessing.

I loved how the story had a lot of characters- it made it more difficult to find out who did it. Each character was given a really good story line- sometimes when reading a book its hard to keep track of each character and who they are.. but the author did an awesome job at making it easy to keep up with. I really applaud her for adding so many different story lines and making
Christy Wv Tate
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute cozy mystery. It had everything you needed- a little romance, robbery, murder all at a weekend party.

Who did it the jealous brother in law? The snotty rich young men who grew up together who now are in the night club business together? The chef who the brother in law hates? The maid? Or any of the many guests that came and are staying for the benefit auction?

The two besties are determined to figure it out and get one of them of the society reporter beat on to real news....

Kristine
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! There were fun characters to meet and watch develop throughout the story. Both the characters and the plot kept me guessing who would be the robber. Having grown up in Wisconsin, I could relate to many of the references to locations and the fact that Grace was on assignment for the Chicago Tribune. This really is a great read for everyone from teenagers to adults. Highly recommend!
 Reading Reindeer Emigrates To Pluto
Investigative Journalism can be dangerous....
Especially to Amateur Sleuths.

Best friends since first year at University, Emma and Grace hail from disparate backgrounds but prove opposites attract. The product of wealth and society, Grace is a Life&Style reporter at the Chicago Tribune, where Emma also works. On a holiday weekend jaunt to a high-society event in Wisconsin, the two friends stumble upon robbery, danger, death, and romance.
Julie
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this on a Goodreads giveaway and was happy to start it the very next day since it was a Kindle version. This was a really enjoyable cozy mystery. Great characters and a good plot made this a quick read for me since I couldn't put it down (close the Kindle) once I started it. I cant wait until the 2nd book in the series comes out.
JW Dillingham
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bev, Jerry Thurber
Shelves: romance, mystery
I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves mystery with a touch of romance. The characters are wonderful, the plot thickens, and you are left guessing who is the bad guy until the last few pages. Know I guessed wrong several times.

This is a very well written and carefully edited book, and I couldn't put it down once I started it. Definitely a great find and I look forward to reading other books by this author, who is new to me. Read and enjoy this delightful find.
Hannah
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good cozy mystery. The mystery was a bit predictable, but I still enjoyed reading it as the characters were believable and relatable in many ways. It wasnt a five star read, but it was a lot of fun and Ill definitely look for more by Elizabeth McKenna. ...more
Louisa
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, really fun book to read! Love the hilarity and the mystery and the investigation! Such a great book!
Sierra
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. Receiving the book did not influence my opinions in any way. All opinions expressed here are my own.**

I really enjoyed this cozy mystery. It was a bit different than your, "typical," cozy mystery because there was no murder in the beginning. Rather, some multi-million dollar jewelry that was being auctioned off for charity was stolen. So, the mystery was who took the jewels?

The book promised romance, but there wasn't much romance in
Rekha
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Great Jewel Robbery is the first book in A Front Page Mystery. Two best friends, missing jewels, handsome hunks, a party and fireworks, this story is sweet, spice and everything nice!

The characters are likeable. Emma might be a weirdo of sorts but very likeable. Grace and Emma's friendship is well portrayed throughout the story. As the story begins, Emma knows that Grace is vulnerable, after all, her boyfriend just broke up with her that morning, so she's wary of what words to put front - so
Linda
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-wins
Cute and breezy jewelry/murder mystery. Liked the characters ... well developed for such a quick read. Will definitely keep my eye out for more in this series.
Tonja Drecker
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a cute, lightly funny, and definitely not boring mystery with all sorts of unexpected twists...and a few blunders... along the way.

Emma agrees to accompany her best friend to an annual charity ball, although the world of the wealthy isn't really her cup of tea. While trying to not to stick out to much, Emma watches her friend cover the party for an article in the magazine they both work for. And it works until the charity auction ends with the theft of $3 million jewels. Knowing that an
Amy
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
What was supposed to be a weekend job of photos and reporting on the rich and famous charity auction, turns out to be more adventure than best friends Emma and Grace had bargained for.

Told from Emma's point of view we get her thoughts about the ritzy house to the guests that have arrived. I like that the author put a real human spin on the super rich. Letting us in their family squabbles and letting us see that they are human just like the rest of us and some even have financial problems.

When
Angela Thompson
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Great Jewel Robbery is a fun, easy to read cozy mystery. The author's writing style is light and easy to read with fun, likable characters, and an easy to follow plot. There are some twists as the mystery unfolds--but, even if readers find the plot and the mystery a little predictable at times--the characters keep readers interested in the storyline's resolution.

The author offers a wonderful beginning to the series. I enjoyed the author's writing style, her setting and character development,
Amy
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Great Jewel Robbery is the beginning of Elizabeth McKennas series, A Front Page Mystery. This is my first introduction to Miss McKennas writing. It definitely will not be the last for me. In this book, the reader is introduced to best friends since childhood and now Chicago Tribune reporters, Emma and Grace. Grace is set to work at yearly auction and charity ball. She invites Emma to join her. While at the mansion where the event is held, Emma stumbles across an unconscious man inside. What ...more
Melyssa
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read all of my reviews at: bit.ly/PageBedtime

Mystery with a splash of romance indeed! This little cozy mystery by Elizabeth McKenna is a pure delight. The novel features two strong female protagonists - Emma and Grace, an engaging plot, and a little romance that propelled this reader from the beginning to end in just a few days.

The Great Jewel Robbery is the first book in a series and also this author's first attempt at the cozy mystery genre. McKenna definitely succeeded in her efforts. Emma
Connie Saunders
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have long been a fan of girl-friend teams. Lucy & Ethel---Laverne & Shirley---Monica & Rachel. In this new book by Elizabeth McKenna, we get another great pairing with Grace & Emma. These young women became friends in college, they're both reporters for the Chicago Tribune, and during Grace's weekend assignment they become involved in The Great Jewel Robbery. This is a quick read that draws you in with its mixture of fun, mystery, murder, and even romance. There are also twists ...more
Sherry Lynn
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A page turner. I had a hard time putting this one down. In the right setting I would have read it in a few hours. It was that good.

I really enjoyed this book. It is always fun to get into a new series. I am looking forward to reading more.

Elizabeth McKenna had me on page 1 as the main characters run into a very interesting romance novel type guy. And then on page
two when Emma the main character takes a quick dislike for the handsome stranger when he buys 'Her' Do Nut (the one she had her own

• The Last Thing She Said (A Chris Matheson Cold Case Mystery Book 3)
  • The Root of Murder (Lovers in Crime Mystery Book 4)
  • Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer PI #1)
  • When We Were Brave
  • The Glittering Hour
  • A Tangle in the Vines (Calla Lily Mystery #2)
  • Unbreak Me
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor, #1)
  • Rain and Embers
  • Strands of Truth
  • Asbury High and the Thief's Gamble: (Asbury High YA Cozy Mystery Series, Book 1)
  • The Other Windsor Girl: A Novel of Princess Margaret, Royal Rebel
  • Blue Girl on a night Dream Sea
  • Wedding Thrashers (A Bird Lover's Mystery #10)
  • Murder at Hassle High
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)
  • Relative Fortunes (Julia Kydd #1)
Elizabeth McKenna's love of books reaches back to her childhood, where her tastes ranged from Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys to Stephen King's horror stories. She had never read a romance novel until one Christmas when her sister gave her the latest bestseller by Nora Roberts. She was hooked from page one (actually, she admits it was the first love scene).

Her novels reflect her mercurial