Start by marking “The Clockmaker: Supernaturalsuspense paranormal Indian Drama (Jungle Series Book Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Can you change destiny? What if you can?

Ashish, a passionate clockmaker is frustrated with his life - financial insecurity, his ongoing nightmares and his family, wife Lata and son Vicky, are driving him crazy.

Lata is having a tough time in life with her arch-rival, Rashmi. Vicky wants to be a biker than rather join the family legacy of the clockmaker. He also has a crush
ebook, 1, 232 pages
Published May 28th 2019 by Ficus India Books

To ask other readers questions about The Clockmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clockmaker

Start your review of The Clockmaker: Supernaturalsuspense paranormal Indian Drama (Jungle Series Book Book 1)
Dee James
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I am reading a book in the paranormal/supernatural genre, and I must say this one gave me goosebumps, literally. The Clockmaker is a fast-paced, thrilling read that takes the reader through the journey of Ashish, a clock maker, who tries to defy fate. Can fate and destiny be won? What if a man had the capacity to turn around time? Will he redo things differently? In the end, does he win the game or does destiny wins over everything else?

Although, that's the crux of the bo
Nilima
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Review: The Clockmaker by Paromita Goswami

I have read a Paranormal book after ages. Wow, it actually made me sit up and wait to see what happened next. The Clockmaker by Paromita Goswami is Book 1 of The Jungle series. If Book 1 was so interesting as well as spine tingling, I am more than eager to read the next books in the series.
It was actually interesting to read this story. Albeit with a spine tingling suspense around like a heavy fog throughout the story.

The entire story shows how Dest
Devika Ramadoss
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is absolutely thrilling and you cannot think off to put the book down. Is every page a nail biting page? No, I was stalked by the same dark hooded man to finish the novel.

The prelude was amazing and I was taken aback by the Gothic narration and the experience stayed long in my mind even after few chapters of the story. On point prelude it was.

There are only few characters in this story and all of them were innocently unique in their way. I really liked the way author involved the exist
Vasudha Rao
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Clockmaker is a story in the supernatural genre .Interestingly narrated.

Ashish is a clockmaker. He has been following his family tradition of mending & repairing clocks with passion & zeal.This keeps him satisfied though he is unhappy as his wife Lata is financially demanding. Ashish is unable to cater to the huge demands of Lata .This leads to lot of bitterness. Even his son Vicky drifts away from the father.

One day, Ashish, chances upon an antique time piece in his shop. He works on it, a
Dipali Gupta
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is very entertaining and awesome read, when i started reading this I don't have any high expectations but this fully worth it.
Starting is so good that it keep your curiosity that what will happen and how.
Story is starting from 1948 and turn to current period when Ashish who is renowned clockmaker and this business transferring from generations to him.
He lived with his wife Lata and his son Vicky. Lata is ambitious lady and her father is also a rich man so he is not happy with his lif
Shilpa Garg
Jun 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Can you change destiny? And what if you can? A paranormal mystery which an unusual story. Go for it if this genre appeals to you!
Gayathri
Read the full review at Elgee Writes

My initial thoughts
Though it has some supernatural themes, for me The Clockmaker was essentially a family drama. I was thoroughly intrigued by the premise and the prologue was bang on. I enjoyed reading the familial issues and the differences in the attitude of each character towards those issues.

My problem was with the execution of the plot and the lack of uniformity in the pacing. For a horror novel, it felt kinda dragging and not suspenseful.

Things that
Shahnila Hassan
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Thriller , suspense , horror !! Yes this story contains a lot of twist.
Starting of the story is well interested but loses its grip in the middle. . the repeatedly lines are bit confusing it seems like story is revolving around one object.
Well cover is pretty suspicious and characters are well defined.
Some part of the story is very interesting and reader may be lost while reading.
The good point is that author successfully described the scene according to situation for instance, about dark sha
Vinay Leo
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
#2019 #YearInBooks Book 47

A book that feels more family drama than supernatural thriller. There was definitely something interesting in the plot, and after a wonderful prelude, I was expecting something true to the genre. While the twist in the middle and the story that followed was well written, I don't think it was a wow book in my book. Most of the novel was tedious to read and only the curiousity to find out the characters' destiny kept the pages turning. Unfortunately, not a book that I enj
Lata
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2019
I loved reading this book. It started off slow and really came alive after the initial pages. It kept me hooked and I completed it in a day. Its a nice quick read.
A.
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

We have had always been hearing time and tide waits for no man. And tempering with destiny is not only possible but if done, the consequences are equally disastrous.

The Clockmaker is a supernatural suspense story with paranormal touches. After reading the blurb I had thought it to be a simple supernatural story but the twist and turns and the lucidity in which Paromita has created the suspense and kept me hooked is really commendable.

The Clockmaker is a totally different genre from the author's
Kavita
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
' The clockmaker' is a story of a genre I stay away from but having read the author's previous stories and being familiar with her style of writing is what prompted me to pick it up.

The story is a paranormal suspense thriller. The story is of Ashish and his tryst with an ancient timepiece. The timepiece is a legacy handed down through generations in this family of clockmakers. What are the secrets involved with this watch?
These secrets get revealed when you read the story.

An intriguing plot,
Ramona Plant
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
The Clockmaker by Paromita Goswami is unlike any book I have read to date. I started reading this book pretty much blindly, meaning without reading what it was really about, and I do that a lot. I figure it is in the paranormal genre, odds are I will like it. sadly this time around my luck has failed me just a tad.

I had a difficult time getting into this book and actually staying with it. The first quarter of the book was very slow and was kind of drifting along in the story aimlessly it felt li
Merril Anil
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Clockmaker was definitely a unique story line and completely different from what i had expected it to be. I have read the author’s work before and compared to those, the clockmaker was a unique theme and approach. I have seen the amount of strength and work she weaves around the emotional stabilities and vulnerabilities of her characters and previous books that i have read of the author was a prime example of that. Her books attempted to tell the stories from an emotional angle rather than j ...more
Geeta Nair
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What if you could go back in time and change certain things? What if you could move forward and see what the future holds for you? Tempting isn’t it? Wouldn’t you jump for it? Well that’s exactly what ‘The Clockmaker’ is all about. Starting with an interesting and riveting prelude, the book takes us on a journey through time and space only to tell us that one’s destiny is pre-determined. Tempted to tamper with it? Go ahead…..But get ready for a shock. Just like Time and tide wait for no man, des ...more
Vibhati Yadav

Format – Kindle Edition

File Size – 3924 KB

Print Length – 232 pages

BLURB:

Can you change destiny? What if you can?

Ashish, a passionate clockmaker is frustrated with his life – financial insecurity, his ongoing nightmares and his family, wife Lata and son Vicky, are driving him crazy.

Swapna Peri ( Books Review Cafe )
Book Title: The Clockmaker: Supernatural suspense paranormal Indian Drama (Jungle Series Book - Book 1)
Author: Paromita Goswami
Format: Kindle

Book Title:
The title of the book ' The Clockmaker ' is intriguing and different. The second part of the title clearly explains that this book is part 1 of a fantasy fiction series.

Book Cover:
The cover image of the book is an animated image of a hand clock with a deep dark forest in the background with a person in disguise. The cover image perfectly gives a
Richa
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Simple yet intriguing read

Book starts in 1948 when a clockmaker is returning from Alwar after repairing royal clock. Due to some circumstances, he forgets his way to home and gets lost in jungle. There he met a black hooded man who asks him to mend his timepiece. This timepiece has the ability to control the time. The clockmaker greedily take away that timepiece with him. This timepiece keeps on passing to his next generations.
Later, story sets in 2017 where Aashish belonging to clockmaker's fam
Oindri Kundu
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The genre supernaturalism has always fascinated me. Be it Twilight or Vampire diaries, I have tried to go through each series. The Clockmake is another book under this genre. It is the first book of the Jungle Series and is starting from 1948 where Ashish is a famous clockmaker and the business he owns has been passed down from generations. Ashish lives with his wife, Lata and son, Vicky. However, Asish had a problem. Every night he used to have a nightmare where a man in a black hood would come ...more
ANMOL JAUHER
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The clockmaker is a paranormal mystery thriller. This is the first book of such a genre that I've come across and I'm mind blown!

Firstly the cover is extremely attractive and it portrays the plot pretty well at the very first glance. The blurb was so exciting that I couldn't wait just jump right onto reading the book. The narration style is subtle and elegant, great choice of words together making it a worthy read.

The story is about Ashish a clockmaker, whose family has been into this business f
Vividha Raghav
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ashish is a clock maker and one odd day he has a dream which leads him to an interesting find. He finds a clock which is a sort of heirloom, passed on by his bauji. However, what's the actual cost of this heirloom and is it actually worth the price. Ashish is a happy man, but will he be content letting go of the chance to have control over his destiny.

This book is clearly one among my best reads in 2019. Why?
*Gripping take of love and supernatural.
* Full of suspense almost till the end.
*Do I wa
Apurva
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Clockmaker: (Jungle Series Book Book 1) by Paromita Goswami

This Book starts in 1948 when a clockmaker is on his way home after repairing a royal clock and forgets his way to home only to get lost in jungle. There he met a black hooded man who asks him to mend his timepiece. This timepiece, the clockmaker reaslises has the ability to control the time. He steals this unique timepiece and keeps on passing it to his next generations. The plot then revolves around that clockmaker's descendent Ash
Ajayshankar11
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book is complete entertainer, right from the start till the end.
The cover of the book is very apt for the story as it revolves around the time piece, Tall man wearing black hood (who owns the time piece) and who resides in forest with fire in darkness.
Story is relatable and interesting.
Prelude "The Timepiece" sets the tone for the book, it gives a magnificent introduction of how timepiece reaches Ashish's forefathers and instills enough curiosity/thrill in readers mind and stays till the end.
Sudarshan Jagtap
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The title of the book and cover are good enough that both matches each other.
The blurb of the book quite nice idea about entire plot but still the suspense keeps the reader engaged in book.
As the book title is The Clockmaker, same is the story of clockmaker.
The book is based on supernatural suspense and thrill story.
A guy named Ashish is a clockmaker which is by choice I guess, because this profession is continued from generation to generation.
He lived with his son named Vicky and wife named
Rajan
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
There is a deluge of books in fantasy genre. This takes us away from humdrum life and gives the author freedom to use her imagination to utmost. The only boundation is the limit of her imagination otherwise anything is possible. Time travel is not a new idea but still it has its appeal because the endless possibilities.

These is an old clockmaker who worked for Rajas and Nawabs. A mysterious hooded man gives him a magical watch. Ashish is his descendant who is also doing the same work of clockmak
Riya Sarkar
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
The Clockmaker is a story of a clockmaker, Ashish Gupta who comes across his family's most precious inheritance, a timepiece but it's not just a beautiful piece of work, there's more to it.

The writing style was good, fast paced but there were some places that had great opportunities to make the writing from good to great which were missed by the author. Also, some of the things were repeated unnecessarily.

The plot progress, I must confess, I thought would be like some typical hindi serial for
Tomas
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Clockmaker, Book 1 of the Jungle Series, is a supernatural thriller cum family drama. While I love family dramas, I am not particularly fond of supernatural thrillers, but I decided to give this book a try.
Unhappy with his life of financial stress and family issues, Ashish is haunted by a recurring nightmare of a dark hooded person demanding his clock back. When Ashish realizes it was a clock that has been handed down generations in his family, he also discovers its supernatural powers, i.e.
Sid Sharma
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ashish Gupta is a clockmaker and the story revolves around his family's most important inheritance. The story is quite unpredictable.
The writing is good but quite simple. It is a good one time read. Nothing more one could expect from it.
The story is good but not so good to keep one engaged till the end of such long novel.
The cover is relatable to the story but it looks too simple and not appealing at all.
The characterization is fine. The good thing is, most of the times, the narration is fast-pa
Shivam Saxena
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
My rating
Narration, title, cover,writing style:- 3/5
imagination :- 5/5
Overall :- 4/5
The clockmaster the jungle series book1 written by paromita goswami.
The cover is simple although upto some extinct mathcing with story but still it could have been better.
The clockmaker, story about Ashish and his family.
writing style is simple, not so engaging, editing is good, however story moves faster which keeps a bit engegd into the story like everything moving too fast and which increases the one's interes
Honey & Anjali
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
The Clockmaker: Supernaturalsuspense paranormal Indian Drama by Paromita Goswami is the first book in the Jungle Series. The title and blurb give us an idea of what the story is about — Supernaturalsuspense paranormal Indian Drama.

The story revoles around Ashish, a passionate clockmaker who is frustrated with his life — financial insecurity, his ongoing nightmares and his family, wife Lata and son Vicky, are driving him crazy. Read to find out more about him.

The writing style is simple and easy

• The Red Line
  • Narasimha (The Narasimha Trilogy #1)
  • The Poisoned Heart
  • Pentacles
  • Krandikle
  • The Inquisitive
  • Grave Descend
  • Inviting Abundance: A collection of original inspirational quotes from the master motivator
  • Who Killed the Murderer?
Paromita Goswami is a writer and storyteller by passion and a rebel by choice. She says the world is full of stories and as a writer she loves to pen them down. Her work is not genre specific. From literary fiction to children book to upcoming paranormal thriller and women fiction Paromita Goswami‘s books offer the variety of life to her readers. Besides writing, she is also the founder of reading ...more

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....