Start by marking “The Unfettered Child” as Want to Read:

The Unfettered Child

Her tribe is shattered. Her parents are gone.

When eight-year-old Samara faces the capture of her tribe, an unimaginable power awakens within her. Even as this magic threatens to consume her, a disembodied voice intervenes, offering guidance and helping her control these newfound abilities.

Meanwhile, Samara’s father chases his wife’s captors across an unfamiliar terrain. Bu
Expected publication: August 28th 2019 by Independently Published

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Aug 28, 2019
    Her tribe is shattered. Her parents are gone.

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 210 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 29 - Aug 27, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Unfettered Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unfettered Child

Siobhan
    Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
    The Unfettered Child is a very character-driven fantasy, without the masses of world-building I usually love in my fantasy novels. Despite this, the lack of world-building more than works for this story. The limited knowledge we have reflects the limited knowledge the characters have, sucking us right into the story.

Within the story, there are all the necessities of a good fantasy novel. From the magic to the conflict, The Unfettered Child ticks of countless fantasy boxes. It’s a story that give
    Alana Bloom
    The opening was intriguing with talking skeletons, evil elves, and a rivalry for the ages. After introducing us to the history, readers are moved forward at a very quick pace. The Unfettered Child switches POV each time the plot needs to barrel forward which is nice if you are wondering what the villains are up to but it also makes it difficult to get to know the characters. I didn’t feel attached to any of the characters. Each of the characters was driven solely by emotion rather than employing ...more
    Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★★★✬ (4.5/5 Stars)
    Title: The Unfettered Child
    Content Rating: R
    POV: Third Person
    Smexy Level: Subtle
    Favorite Quote(s):
    ― “To still be alive when everyone else is dead. To be free, but to have nothing left.”
    Overall Opinion:
    Let’s start off by saying how astonished I was by how quick I was immersed with this novel and how easily I was absorbed in the f
    Kaili Taghon  (Entertainingly Nerdy)
    I don't read fantasy that often but it seems the few I've been reading lately have been really good. The unfettered child was really good! It is about a young girl finding out that she has powers that she can't quite handle. Every time I read a fantasy book like this it always makes me miss playing world of warcraft since the have similar characters. The book is very well written and grabbed my attention the entire way through. I will be rereading this one!
    cafeyre
    Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Energy
    Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Samara was born under auspicious circumstances, and 8 years later, her tribe finds itself under attack. They have something the elves want, only they're not aware of that. The elves take the women harvesting for two reasons, a bargaining chip and to work as slaves. The tribe is no match for the elves. Samara, frustrated and scared, unleashes something, a power beyond imagination, and a power beyond her control.

Upon realizing that he's lost a good portion of his tribe, and clueless to his daught
    Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
    Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: earcs
    3.5/5

This had a bit of essence of Dune to it as far as writing style went and I loved that. Sahd gives us an intriguing world, and he casually gives us world-building without going too deeply and this works for the purpose of this story which at its heart is about a few characters and the connections they have, with each other and with magic in some way.

Young Samara was a good protagonist, I wish I would have connected more to her, I did feel there was a lack of connection between myself as the
    Courtney
    Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
    I had no idea what I was expecting when I began reading this book but I did enjoy the book.

Overall, I thought the book began well. The beginning was face paced, intense and it gets the reader hooked quickly. I thought the middle bit of the book was not as face paced and for me, at times, felt repetitive with Samara destroying.

Throughout the book the fathers story and Samara's stories are told. There was a lot of build up and I found myself routing for Samara and her father. I was a little bit
    Caffeinated Fae
    Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault & Extreme Violence

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, I made it to the 53% mark and I'm going to have to DNF. This book is extremely violent and when paired with sexual assault it became too much for me to read.
    Phillip Lumsden
    Susan
    Scott
    Lindsey Bates
    Jul 29, 2019
    Book Giveaways: 100 Copies Of The Unfettered Child Up For Grabs! 1 13 Jul 30, 2019 12:52PM
    Michael C. Sahd grew up in Santa Fe, New Mexico. From a young age, he read voraciously, particularly in the fields of fantasy and science fiction. Shortly after becoming a teenager, he learned to play and enjoy fantasy games such as Dungeons and Dragons. At around the same time, he began writing stories and D&D campaigns of his own.

As an adult, Michael attended the College of Santa Fe, studyin