Start by marking “A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)” as Want to Read:
A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)

A-Spying We Will Go

(The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott #5)

Camping doesn't lead to kidnapping... usually.

When Emily goes on a group camping trip in Northern Arizona, she suspects her biggest danger will be mosquito bites and bear-sightings. The trip becomes far from relaxing, however, when she hears from a family friend that they can't get in touch with her dad. Unable to call, due to spotty cell phone reception, she manages to se
Published July 2019 (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about A-Spying We Will Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A-Spying We Will Go

Start your review of A-Spying We Will Go (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #5)
Mary
Possibly my favorite of the series so far! Even more exciting and intense than usual, plus all the Brent and Emily awesomeness, and everything else I loved in the rest of the series. 😄

That epilogue, though.... 😭

I bought the first five books, but not the last one. Oops! I intended to borrow it, but I may just buy it, cause I need it NOW. 😉

RTC!
Hannah
This intense yet light-hearted spy novella was such a treat! The worst thing about this series is that the stories aren’t long enough. I just can’t get enough Brent and Emily. One of my favorite things was Emily going “Br—andon” several times...too funny as she tried to cover his real name in public.
Rebekah Morris
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was oh, so much fun to read! And I had trouble putting it down to do other things.

It didn’t take place in the city as the first three books did, but out in the mountains, which added a totally different element of delight to the story. (And made me want to go camping. But maybe not with Emily and Brent.) Oh, and Emily made a friend! That part made me smile. Brent, what can I say? At least his code names for Emily are growing, but he really should know better than to sneak up on Emily!
This s
H. S. Kylian (Hannah Killian)
INWARD SCREAMING

Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: 13 and up

I am so enjoying this series. This book was so good. I would say a favorite, but I don’t know how to pick a favorite from this series. Each story is so fun and good. In this story, we get to go on a camping trip, see a taser in action, and play around with a HAM radio.
I know I’ve said it in my other reviews, but I have to say it again: I’m really grateful to have a character that has real money struggles. Emily gets to go on a trip, but it’s
Mikayla
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. That was... intense. I don't know what to say that wouldn't be major spoilers, but this may have been the best Emily Abbott book yet. O.o That ending has really got me freaked out.

2020>> Yup, this one was definitely my favorite from season one. The Brent-Emily interaction was just about the best. The tension was great, and I loved the setting. The ending just was not a good thing to read right before I went to bed.
S.G. Willoughby
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: This book is not conducive to sleeping. Which I knew. But I thought I could just read the first few chapters... and yeah, read the whole thing last night. Sue me.

It was worth it, despite having to get up early in the morning. I love this series so much. In my reviews for the last 4 books I always felt the need to say it's "cheesy and unbelievable" so not one would judge me but who cares? I love these characters and the plots and the settings and I'm not ashamed. XD

In this one, I especia
Els
*approaching the end, certain that there are only five books, looking forward to a breathtaking series finale & also for Brent & Emily to realize they are in love because I SHIP*
*hits end of final chapter*
*dies inside*
*realizes there is an epilogue*
OH YES HE’S FIGURED IT OUT, HE’S -
“Next book arriving August 26!”
*uninhibited screaming of a thwarted soul*
Jes Drew
The fifth book of the series, and my second favorite of them. Emily hasn't seen Brett for a while, and it's strange for her- and us, her readers- to be so alone like this. And now there's something wrong with her dad, and she's in a dead-zone with her church youth group in the woods. But not alone. Brett appears, as does another agent, and everything they'd been trying to figure out grows into a bigger danger to deal with. If they can get out of the woods alive. Because it's not just bad guys an ...more
Amanda Tero
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series is perfect for a cute, quick read with likeable characters, roll-your-eyes moments, and a hint of spy-ism.

It is totally corny but adorably so, and I can’t help but like it. That being said, I’m not gonna bash a few plot points or characters that were unrealistic. Because it just all fits the style.

Spiritually there wasn’t much. She was with a church camp, they mentioned praying for her dad, and one or two other comments about God or prayer, but not really a spiritual lesson woven in.
Kate Willis
FTC DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A positive review was not required. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.

Juuusssttt The Emily Abbott series making this a record-breaking good book year for me. Nothing new.

This one started out slightly differently from the others in that Brent and Emily weren’t together for a few chapters. I know that sounds horrible to our shippy hearts, but it was actually really fun to see her make interact with her church family, make a new
Angie Thompson
Oh, my word! Things just got real!!! O.O

This may have been Emily's most exciting mission so far! Not that I can talk about it without spoilers, but--wow!!! We're talking serious (and totally unplanned) spy danger--stun guns, real guns, the threat of rogue agents, the works! And I liked seeing Brent have to lean on Emily for a few things, even though he's still as adorably protective as ever. <3 (view spoiler)
Chautona Havig
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
And What’s the Verdict on A Spying We Will Go?

Oh… where to begin and how to get this into my five-answer review? EEP! Okay… I loved that this “episode” ramped up the tension exponentially—in all directions. I hated that I didn’t get to find out something I am becoming curious about (but I loved it, too! Squee!). Additionally, I laughed at myself for all the episodes I kept coming up with for Ms. Kirkpatrick, and I “cried” at the thought of having to wait a whole month to read the next one. Serio
Judy
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this new adventure very much. I like that Emily is getting out and making friends . I hope we see more of Izzy, she is full of life and laughter. She will make a wonderful friend. Can't say much about the book without spoilers but I do have to say that " things" seem to be getting clearer and someone may soon see the light.
Disney14604
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc, books
Laugh out loud if you get all the movie and oldie references. And more. Just the relief, you need to read for fun.

Cannot say much because it happens so fast and would give it away. There is a trick in the book that you will want to tryout and see if it really works.

Really fast read. Can do in a day. Probably can read by itself but at this point miss the references from previous books.

Note these books are like the old serials. It ends but has the what will happen next, however not a cliffhanger.
Abby Elissa
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Almost anyone who can read :)
Another great Emily Abbott book!
After the AMAZING book 4 (Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Spy), this one didn't seem quite as good (trust me, it had something incredible to live up to), but the epilogue almost made up for the parts I didn't like! Ohhh...that was wonderful! I love a good cliffhanger :-)
The main thing that I didn't like was the pacing...the book just seemed a little slow for the first little bit. And the incident with Emily's father seemed to turn out...well, not very interesting (Korean t
Claire Banschbach
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
In which Emily makes a friend! And goes camping. And gets almost kidnapped again. And gets up to more shenanigans with Brent. Surprisingly, no phones were broken in the performance of this mission. And yay for the stakes rising with secret villain organizations. :)
Charlotte Dance
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun twist on the other books in this series where the spying intrudes into her church campout. Lots of fun spy devices and lots of frustrated accidental spy. Definitely fits with this fun series.
Britt
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit

Such a cute story!! I love these characters so much!!! And the epilogue was A+++ I loved the zip tie part as well. Thanks for making the little details so much fun.
Lydia Coral
With each book in this amazing series, I find myself wanting to read more and more! This one had me sitting on the edge of my seat and I liked that it was in a completely different setting to the others.

And wow...that epilogue!!!
Katja
5 stars & 5/10 hearts. This story started off a little bit slow, but by 30% I was hurled into something I had never imagined. I love all the spy-stuff and how Emily amazed Brent with her zip-tie knowledge... and the scene where she holds the gun! xD The humour intertwined with the suspense perfectly! The epilogue is a horrible cliffhanger but I love it so much!!! I’m so so eager for the sixth book. The climax is arriving and I’m so eager to see all the things tie together!

[No quotes this time b
Krystyna
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who's topping the baddies hit list? Yeah you guessed it!

A good read but frankly surprised that they didn't secure the baddie better. Most people have seen how to escape zip ties. The plot is getting more surreal by the minute. Okay it's still an entertaining, tongue in cheek read but now has moved into the realms of Johnny English meets Cats & Dogs. When will they fight the bad guys?
A church camping trip is overshadowed by worries about her dad. The dairy that is his life hasn't seen him or had
Janene
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am addicted to this series

I now have to wait for the next book in this series. I have been binge reading and now I will have to go through withdrawal. Love this lighthearted, funny, spy series.
Abigail Harris
Shirley McClay
Mar 02, 2020
Z Hall
May 18, 2020

• A Royal Masquerade  (The Tales of Ambia #2)
  • The Art of Eavesdropping  (The Sidekick's Survival Guide #1)
  • Never Say Goodbye
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • The Girl Who Could See
  • Window Fellow
  • Phantom Thief (AKA Simon Lee Book 1)
  • Freedom (Liberty's Battlegrounds, #1)
  • Death Wind (Elven Alliance, #3)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between, #2)
  • The Dressmaker's Secret (The Chronicles of Alice and Ivy, #1)
  • The Perks of Meddling (The Sidekick's Survival Guide #2)
  • Journey to Joy
  • Porch Swing Girl (Tradewinds, #1)
  • The Prince Groom: An Afterverse Story
  • The Dragon Delusion: A Blackfire and Beasley Story
  • Codename: Christmas Carol
Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick lives in an undisclosed location outside of Phoenix where she and her husband chase their four little boys and an escape-artist dog. They don't chase their cats, however, because cats hate that. She is the author of "The Kitten Files" mysteries, "The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott" spy series, and multiple short stories.

In addition to her writing, Perry enjoys graphi

The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott (8 books)
  • Red Rover, Red Rover (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #1)
  • Plan to Fail (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #2)
  • Bad Things, Small Packages (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #3)
  • Tutor, Nanny, Spit-up, Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #4)
  • Once Upon a Dime (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #6)
  • Five Star Spy (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #7)
  • Fair in War (The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott, #8)

News & Interviews