Start by marking “Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe” as Want to Read:
Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe

Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe

Sam’s summer isn’t off to a great start. Her boyfriend, Eli, ditched her for a European backpacking trip, and now she’s a counselor at Camp Blue Springs: the summer camp her eleven-year-old self swore never to return to. Sam expects the next seven weeks to be a total disaster.

That is, until she meets Gavin, the camp’s sailing instructor, who turns her expectations upside
Expected publication: May 19th 2020 by HarperTeen

Start your review of Just a Boy and a Girl in a Little Canoe
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
I love a good summer romance and this book seems to fit the bill. Summer camp, s’mores, and canoe trips sound like a perfect set-up for a little YA love story. I can’t wait to find out how Sam’s summer turns out.
Jan 17, 2020 added it
The main character is supposed to be a college student but reads a bit young (I wonder if she was originally written as a high school student and aged up)... Regardless I enjoyed this until the epilogue, which kind of wrecked the whole book for me.
Katelyn
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I appreciated the serious themes the author explored (slut shaming and bullying) in this fun, quick read. The main character is returning to her childhood camp, where she had a miserable summer, to be a counselor.
Katelyn  White
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received via Edelweiss+
I almost stopped reading this book, but forced myself to continue and while I'm glad I did, there are still issues in the first 25% of the book that I feel need addressing (everything after that 25% was great, a real page turner (I finished in two sittings). But the voice feels very young, almost middle grade, and considering Sam is 19 and in college, that's a major flag for me as a reader. I get that when she was eleven, her awful nickname was awful... it IS
caitlin
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Review copy courtesy of Edelweiss.

My theory for this book is Mlynowski started writing a draft with a junior counselor, still in high school, but quickly realized that making her protagonist older would allow her to engage in more risque behavior and changed her. Unfortunately, this meant her college-aged character was written very immature and this was left in, even as the character seemed like she should be a little smarter. Readers who love camp stories will enjoy all the hijinks within
Cori
Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-books-read
I feel like I’ve been back to camp. This book brought back all the happy memories of my camp days - both as a camper and as a counselor. I would have given the book 4 stars, but the book was racier than I think a book targeted at young teens should be. The narrator was a college student, but often spoke and worried about things as if she was still a middle schooler - the inconsistencies are why I took a star away.
Karyn Silverman
Jan 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs, nook, ya, 2020-reads
I want to go back to camp.
Angie Elle
Nov 16, 2019 marked it as e-arc
I don't even need to read the blurb for this one. I just know that I LOVED I See London, I See France, and I'll read anything Sarah Mlynowski writes!
Kelly
rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2019
Jordan
Nov 19, 2019
Aly (My Heart Hearts Books)
Dec 22, 2019
Sarah Robinson
Elizabeth

• The Mall
  • 99 Percent Mine
  • If You Lived Here You'd Be Home By Now: Why We Traded the Commuting Life for a Little House on the Prairie
  • Nemesis Games (The Expanse, #5)
  • Babylon's Ashes (The Expanse, #6)
  • Lady Clementine
  • Dangerous Alliance: An Austentacious Romance
  • Wilder Girls
  • Gimme Everything You Got
  • Time of Our Lives
  • 10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)
  • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
  • Organizing Her Life:  How my Journey can help you Declutter your Spaces and your Life
  • Christmas Shopaholic
Sarah was born in Montreal, Canada. After graduating with an honors degree in English literature from McGill University, she moved to Toronto to work for Harlequin Enterprises. While she never met Fabio, she used her romance publishing experiences to fuel her first novel Milkrun.

Since then, Sarah has written four additional novels for adults: Fishbowl, As Seen on TV, Monkey Business, and