Start by marking “Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)

Do You Dare?

(Truth And Dare Duet #1)

đ‘Ÿđ’‰đ’‚đ’• 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓?

Maddox Coulter. Reckless bad boy. Infamous playboy. My nemesis. And now my best friend.

I know he’ll never leave me hanging. He knows I'll never refuse a dare. Everywhere we go we turn heads, but it’s not like that.

Until it is.

For one of us, anyway.

I've always known he would be my downfall. But I trusted him to catch me.

He proved me wro
Kindle Edition
Published September 2019

To ask other readers questions about Do You Dare?, please sign up.
kittykat (Jo Tortitude) It is on Amazon, I've just seen it here https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Read the 'reviews'. They are not reviews, just gushing about how much

Read the 'reviews'. They are not reviews, just gushing about how much people are looking forward to the book. This is one of the major annoyances with GR and there should be a seperate section for this.

All the 'ratings' are probably all the same as no-one, apart from the first person in the 'reveiw' section seems to have mentioned reading an ARC. (less)

Start your review of Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
melissa ☜
reread (june 2020) — 3.75 stars
ehh despite this having tropes that i don't like now i still really liked this?? i just think Lila and Madox are đŸ„ș

* * *

first read (october 2019) — 3.75 stars
i totally judged the book cover again.
i mean come on, if there's a half-naked dude in the cover, i always assume the book would have a lot of steam in it or this would be your typical NA book, but nope.

this was slow burn as hell. like realllyyy slow burn. Mariana Zapata type of slow burn... and i loved it!

thou
Mali Mor ❀ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

I'm really divided about this book. On the one hand, it made me roll my eyes so many times... On the other hand, the ending was fucking AWESOME that left me curious to know what would happen next! đŸ˜±đŸ’„

📚 "𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔. đ‘Ÿđ’† 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔.
𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆
 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆. 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆. 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔, 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈.
𝑮𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒐𝒙 đ‘Ș𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒌.
𝑹𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅." 📚

The book starts with a crazy prol
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***5 "I got you!!!" stars***

"Who was going to break first?
The player or the prey?"

Wow!!! Just wow!!!! Honestly, i don't know from where to start at this moment...
The prologue was a little bit shocking with this certain dare....
Then their beginning was a little bit rocky, but oh, so entertaining...
Then i got sooooo frustrated.... So frustrated!!!
And then at the end, when i thought that things are turning right after all, bang...
What was that??? What did just happen??? WTF???
Give me the n
✹ Lucy ✹
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing

✹“If there’s a God, He doesn’t want me to be happy."✹

JUST WOW !
This book was something else.
I read some really good reviews and I have to say they were definitely right . Maddox gained a special place in my heart.
ME AT THE END OF THIS BOOK:

I was hooked since the prologue (by the way WHAT WAS THAT?!)
This book was filled with sexual tension but also with something more that can't really be described , something
Miftahul
Mar 04, 2020 rated it did not like it

I was excited to read this book and i really enjoyed it until it became wayyy to dramatic. And let me warn you about lila’s grandmother WHO TRAUMATISED ME!!! Oh god, she is so fucking dramatic, whenever she opened her mouth i was like “ NO GRANNY STOP! THIS AINT SOAP OPERA” i cant, it was just too much and there was not chemistry between lilah and maddox. I liked it more when they fought, there was a heat but when they desired each other it felt like they brother and sisters.

For a boo
shirley ♡
“If there’s a God, He doesn’t want me to be happy. Maybe it’s my fault because I pushed you into the arms of another man. But He won’t let me have you even though I begged him to let me love you freely. I can’t remember the last time I asked Him for something. I guess... I’m not meant to have what I want. My parents. A family. You. You. You,”

3.5 stars.

When I saw the title and the cover of this book, I thought this was going to be the typical book where the girl lets the guy treat
❀ Nanda ❀
Insane Book Lover
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ “⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣What we had
 it was a kaleidoscope of colors..”

description

âžĄïžâžĄïžâžĄïž Instagram Edit Account: @insanebooklover ❀

⋆ A boy so in need of love. And a girl so afraid to love.

Sooo. I literally don't have words. All the feels!⁣⁣ 🙌⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
After reading it, I was all over the place. ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
Lylah you did it again! L-O-V-E.👏⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣ We balanced each other. She was the calm in my reckless life. I was the chaos in her p
æŁźăƒŒă‚“
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: slow-burn-aw-aw
Sooooo.. sometimes it's cringed me BUT THE SLOW BURN!!! ARGHH. Such a guilty pleasure to read this book lol.
queen_of_the_books_18
”I dare you to fuck him.”

Holllllllllly shit!
What was that?!

I have been so excited to read Do You Dare and Lylah James did not disappoint.

The slow burn just about killed me off. The amount of times I was screaming at my kindle “JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADY!!!!”

”Who was going to break first?
The player or the prey?”

This book consumed me. Like sucked me in and swallowed me whole. I couldn’t put it down. Adulting didn’t happen. I devoured it in one sitting.

I just love Maddox. That man. Gahhhh he is
Christy Bailey
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epic!

I NEED MORE NOW! I did not see that ending coming but I'm oh so intrigued! I mean what is going on? What the heck happened in 4 months?

This book was pretty amazing if I do say so my self. To read through the different phases of their relationship was great. They had such a beautiful friendship that makes you just wish you had that bond with someone. On a side note I'm also curious about Riley! Book 2 cannot come soon enough!
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
➳ Rate: 5/ 5 stars

My goodness! It's been a long a** wait for this book but it was so darn worth it! Gah, Maddox and Lila exceeded all my expectations. I loved these two. There was so much fire between them at every single stage of their relationship. The banter and back and forth between them is everything. The chemistry is sooo clear. Lylah did an outstanding job with these two! The banter, the longing, the angst at the end... she pulled at my heartstrings left and right but also made things so
Anne OK
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wild ride to begin this "Truth and Dare Duet." It's an emotionally challenging, heart-wrenching and angst-filled enemies-to-friends story. If that's your thing, then this will satisfy.

I'm holding off writing a full review until I finish the final installment and then will write one review to cover this couple's ups and downs relationship.
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„Pinky swear, me and you
 forever.”

Oh my GOD! This book is phenomenal! I’m totally OBSESSED with this story and with Maddox Coulter. Lylah James shook my world. Do You Dare consumed me completely and I couldn’t tear myself away from this read. Lila, Maddox and their explosive hate/love relationship took control of my life and I couldn't think of anything else but how their story would unfold. This book is so addictive that you can forget about adulting until you finish, I’m not kidding.

Maddox Co
Sentranced Jem
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
PSX_20191105_123142

Title: Do You Dare? (Truth and Dare #1)
Author: Lylah James

I am always excited to read any new releases by Lylah James. I sound like a broken record but my love for her Tainted Hearts series is never ending. And it is because of this that I will continue to read EVERY SINGLE book written by her...

Do you Dare Teaser 1.jpg
Her latest release Do You Dare? promised a whole lot of sexual tension with it's teasers before the publication date and I for one kept checking my kindle, checking the calendar until my cop
Val - Books and Moods
This is a really slow burn book, but the kind of slow burn that you are going to definitely love! Of course you’ll be impatient and frustrated at times, but what great slow burn story doesn’t?

So they start as enemies, and this is the best part of the book if you ask me.
Maddox was a total asshole, a really popular and hot one. Since the beginning he wanted Lila, the way he chased her, their bickering and banter made all this book more entertaining than I thought it would be. I loved that Lila wa
Dilek VT
From the reviews I have read, it sounds too frustrating. I really really hate, "I want him/her but I am scared I will lose his/her friendship if we become lovers" bullsh*t!

The book also sounds too slow for my taste, I am not a fan of slow burn....

Here are two awesome reviews from my friends that helped me to decide:

Book Maniac Forever

⭐ 5 "Pinky Swear" Stars ⭐
Wow! Do you Dare? was such an incredible read! It was my first time reading Lylah James and she totally hooked me on this story! Lila and Maddox’s relationship is complex, beautiful, intense and poignant! This novel was different than what I was expecting, but in a very good way!!!

Most of the book is set in high school when they soon become enemies, but their relationship slowly evolves into a powerful friendship. Maddox is truly a cocky guy being the star quarter
Amy March (Between the Screens)
Okay so, here’s the thing... this book is right up my ally. It’s a bully romance with a slow burn, it’s all enemies and lovers and angst and passion. It’s a solid read with from an author who possesses a lot of potential. I definitely enjoyed the plot and storyline.

That being said, there were a few editing issues, enough for me to take note and for them to stick with me. There are several instances of British wording and verbiage being used in an American setting, as well. For some readers, tha
Emily (Emily.Reads_)
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh..THIS BOOK! It deserves more than 5 stars, it was amazing! Can I give it 10 stars? Yeah? Okay good, this gets a 10 star rating from me! This book is far from just another enemies to lovers romance...oh no, while they may start out as enemies at first, they soon become the best of friends, and their relationship is absolutely beautifully.

Lila and Maddox are one heck of a team and throughout the entire book I’m over here screaming “CAN’T YOU SEE HOW PERFECT YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER!?!” They
Shyralf
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Best friends to lover, YA romance. I liked the whole premise of this one. From enemies to friends to more.
Janvi
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Please I want this book...the way you described it...im dying to read it.. Please have mercy.. And give us dyd 😭
Denise ☟ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☟
✹ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✹

“Maddox Coulter was neither Prince Charming nor the... villain. He was something else, and I didn’t know exactly where to place him.”

ENEMIES TO LOVERS.
BULLY ROMANCE AF.
ANGSTY AND EMOTIONAL.
DELICIOUS SLOWBURN.
MY NEW BOOK BOYFRIEND.
ALL THE FEELS.

I have been so excited, so eager, and so at the edge of my seat waiting for this book and Lylah James truly didn’t disappoint!!

Maddox Coulter has just ruin me, absolutely ruined me!

There’s something about a man who has a tough af
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

I was expecting something different from Do You Dare?, but I have to say I liked it in the end. This book is my kind of book, it's a slow burn romance, with some angst and enemies-turned-friends-turned-lovers.

I confess I'm tired of the bully romance trend. Whenever a trope/genre gets trendy, I feel burned out of it. I liked bully romances back in the day, years ago. Nowadays, I've read a few and I've liked even fewer. But I liked this o
CLEO
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is not what I expected. The Blurb and the Cover had me totally thinking about something other than NA, Bully-Romance, Best Friends to Lovers!!!

What did I just experience. WOW! Lylah took Slow Burn to a totally new level! I'm so frustrated right now, I waited so long for Lila & Maddox to finally see what was in front of them, for it to be over so quickly!

They are two opposite individuals who have something in common they find out later in their tug of war of hate and love.
This book give
c
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
no one is doing enemies to friends to best friends to lovers like them, but what was that epilogue??????????
Amber- Leave Me Alone I’m Reading
Well, let me just start by saying I am actually not a fan of high school, college, or sport romances. HOWEVER, I am a huge, huge fan of Lylah James. So, of course, I had to read this book.... and I loved it! I didn’t want to put it down. It’s not the bully romance you may have been expecting. It’s soooo much more. I LOVE these characters! They’re frustrating, sure, but they’re funny, sweet, and sexy. Their banter and chemistry is just... gah! So good! I can’t wait for the next book!
Yours Truly, Diana * burningdesire_x3 *
goodreads2

UPDATE: It's MAY, 2020. The sequel hasn't come out yet, but it's coming soon-ish. I'll be rewriting my review upon my re-read for the sequel. I'M STOKED

Enemies to Friends with a little spice to it
 And the cherry on top comes last!
*arc generously provided by the promo team in exchange for an honest review*

Calling all the possessive girls:
description

"He said to be cool but I'm already coolest
I said to get real, don't you know who you're dealing with."

National Anthem - Lana Del Rey

What’s this book about? (I
Mehaque Khanum
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I'm not going to be your Knight because I know you aren't a damsel in distress. You’re more like the dragon in the fairy tale.”

This was not a fairy- tale, this was so much more. Whenever I'm reading, I tend to loss focus from the real and reel world and it EXACTLY- happened while reading this book. How fate played so well to reunite Maddox and Lila as enemies first- and how they formed an unlikely bond akin to friendship to finally being besties.

"A boy filled with rage, but blue eyes tha
Paula  Phillips
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

This book I was talked into reading as I had a couple of friends who had read it and wanted to talk and vent about it, so in between dying my hair yesterday I decided to give it a go. I wasn't sure what I was in for, just for the fact that I may have to vent at the end of it. OMG they were right, not many books have affected me after reading them and finishing but there was something about Do You Dare? that had me feeling incomplete once I had finished the book. I felt let-down and I wanted more

• The Sinner (Haven Grace Prep, #1)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • The Saint (Haven Grace Prep, #2)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Sicko
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Bury Me with Lies (Twin Lies, #2)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Orientation Week (Breakbattle Academy #0.5)
See similar books

Author of The Mafia and His Angel. Creator of Alessio Ivanshov and Aylessio.

Reading is her first love and always will be.
Writing is her passion. She writes because the voices in her head won't stop and because they deserve to be heard and read. Lylah James writes about drool worthy and total alpha males, with strong and sweet heroines. She makes her readers cry - sob their eyes out, swoon, curse

Truth And Dare Duet (2 books)
  • I Dare You (Truth And Dare Duet, #2)