Start by marking “The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)

The Conference of the Birds

(Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #5)

'Do you trust me?'

An instant bestseller, A Map of Days launched readers into the previously unexplored world of American peculiars, one bursting with new questions, new allies, and new adversaries.

Now, with enemies behind him and the unknown ahead, Jacob Portman's story continues as he takes a brave leap forward into The Conference of the Birds, the next instalment of the
Paperback
Published January 14th 2020 by Penguin

Start your review of The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #5)
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I'm at a loss for many reasons with this book. I love reading about these characters, BUT dang ransom really put them through it in this book. I'll admit there were a few things that I would've liked to have seen be executed differently and one thing in particular that I'm not a huge fan of. It's something that I've seen a lot of series that have been revived tend to do. I can't really go into detail with that, because it'll end up spoilery. I also had to act like I didn't read the line "he let ...more
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Sweet Lord, this is totally my favorite book cover from the series ...more
Sam
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, read-in-2020
This was...not good.

I am tired. Tired of these continuations of series that just suck the content from the original series away, undo things that were done. Tired of authors being so lazy they can’t even come up with a new villain.

This book was flat. The characters felt dull and lifeless. The world of peculiars, once so interesting and unique, feels lifeless, like all the magic has been drained from it. The photographs interwoven throughout the story feel cheap, and not overly connected to the
Haley
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Harley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-and-2-5-stars
This was super disappointing. All books before this one were a five stars for me (at least for when I last read them), but I actually felt agitated whilst reading this because I just wanted it to end. It's easier to talk about what I didn't like so get ready for a ramble. So. With A Map of Days, the plot was slow and steady, introducing you to this new side of the peculiar world, and it was detailed and felt well thought through. This book was a mess in comparison. Firstly, I'm not into the ...more
Truebluedah ♪
Let’s see what I have today..

*check calendar*

Hmm, a massage
Ooh, a dinner with my wife.

Oh, and the conference of the birds.
That s**ts gonna be weird.
The Nerd Daily
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Ally Maria Gil

The Conference of the Birds picks up right where A Map of Days left off! Jacob left his friends to save Noor (against Miss Peregrine’s wishes) and there he learns from H that there is a prophecy looming and it involves Noor. Prepared to save her from the American clans, Jacob and Noor flee for their lives but are worried how they are going to survive until Hugh and Bronwyn show up and rescue them from being captured by Leo’s
Catherine
1) Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
2) Hollow City
3) Library of Souls
4) A Map of Days

I'm so disappointed. Like you can see above, I gave four stars to each book in this series so far. Let me be really clear: four stars means I love a book, it's not a favorite but I love it. I know many give five stars when they love a book, so I'm just explaining how I rate books myself. Anyway, like I was saying, I love this series. I loved each book in this series. I thought it was gonna be a
Lauren
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series so much - EURGH that ending! Next one comes out next week, right? Right??
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Jan 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Journeying to New York City, Jacob Portman is resolved to retrieve Noor Pradesh, an uncontacted Peculiar forsaken to the New York City syndicate and charlatan Leo Burnham. Discovering that Noor is one of seven Peculiars of an ancient prophecy foreseeing doomsday for Peculiardom. Noor is imperative and when Jacob is entrusted to delivering Noor to a mysterious location, to an associate of Jacob's grandfather who can shelter the young woman against the Wight onslaught and Leo Burnham's henchmen.

An
Angela Magic Art
Hmmmmmm. So, I want to start by stating that I enjoyed this book, but I think authors need to stop extending series. This series should have stopped at Library of Souls in my opinion.

I did like this book! But it definitely isn’t my favorite in the series. I felt the pacing was just odd, and I think it was like that because mostly only 3 main things happen in this story, and there just wasn’t much going on. In AMOD there was a glorious mystery element, and codes, and scavenger hunts. This book
Marah al-Achkar
Hi
I can't wait to read this book.
Bye
Josh (Beards & Books)
Probably my least favourite book in the series so far (and I love this series).

For me The Conference of The Birds felt flat, it was a filler novel that (in my mind) should have been twice the length to actually close off the story... There are two or three stories running at once, none of which really get any closure or solid explanation and I'm left feeling disappointed more than anything.

Don't get me wrong, my reading tastes have changed over the years, it might just be YA isn't for me
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God. What a damn cliff hanger. I really hope Ransome Riggs comes out with a new book this year. He owes us for giving us a book with 150 pages less than the last novel. I’m so sad right now that I’ve got to wait.
Axel Dornelles
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't wait for this book!
I haven't looked forward for so much in maybe a decade!
Please, Mr. Riggs, take as much time as you need. We'll be waiting anxiously for your next work!

You on the other hand, Mr. Calendar, better go fast. FASTER, I SAID!
Hannah
Queen Cronut
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020

I really liked Jacob's character development in this one even though the plot was rushed and seemed to rely on dues ex machina at times. Noor is such a lovely addition but I wish we got to see more of Emma and the rest of the peculiar kids. Also, what happened to V there?!?!?! While I'm not quite sure where the plotline was going, that was quite a cliffhanger! I can't wait for the peculiar conclusion.
Abby
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: would-read-again
Jacob is trying to get Noor out of New York and into the safety of a loop. There, they meet back up with the other peculiars and Miss Peregrine. Noor is a part of an ancient prophecy predicting the end of the world. The question is, who are the other seven? War is looming with the wights and time is ticking as the peculiars and ymbrynes learn of a list of items the wights are gathering, one that makes things all the more dangerous. And Jacob gets closer to finding V. While this book wasn't quite ...more
Larry Thomsen
Abandoned story

The author starts so many interesting story lines and then throws the away without a second thought. It feels forced.
Ally
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Conference of the Birds picks up right where A Map of Days left off! Jacob left his friends to save Noor (against Miss Peregrine's wishes). There he learns from H that there is a prophecy looming and it involves Noor. Prepared to save her from the American clans, Jacob and Noor flee for their lives but are worried how they are going to survive until Hugh and Bronwyn show up and rescue them from being captured by Leo's lackeys.

The novel felt like coming home to a group of friends that have
Cindee
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much and with that ending I really want that sequel. I loved the characters so much especially Jacob and Noor the interesting girl and new love interest. I loved that Jacob's character has changed some with his experiences he is still that same strong character that I love so much. I loved Noor the new love interest for her personality and her growing affections for Jacob they make such a great couple. I really liked the plot with it starting right where the last book left ...more
Malia
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars.
Ugh. So disappointing.
India
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need book six ASAP otherwise I’m going to have a nervous breakdown. Please and thanks Xx
Mariah Bowman
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite things about this series is the old peculiar photos that are scattered throughout the book, and the cover is one of my absolute favorites.
Like most of the peculiar novels, it was a slow burn, which didnt deter me at all. I enjoy the peculiar abilities that are discovered and described, as well as the way that Riggs describes the setting and the way these new characters look.

I thoroughly enjoyed the continuing story of Noor and Jacob, Bronwyn, Horace, Emma, Enoch, Miss
Lauren
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book the moment it was in my hands. I had all of these ideas after the last book, the story line went in the opposite direction and I loved every single minute of it!

This book starts the moment the last one ends, as if it was all one book that Mr. Riggs had to abruptly cut in half. The action starts immediately, after all the last book ended in enemy territory.

The peculiar children cant be contained in their little bubble of safety when there are people to rescue and Jacob
Ricky
Hard to believe that five years ago, the year began with me looking forward to what I was expecting to be the final book of the Miss Peregrine series. But of course Ransom Riggs had more adventures in store. Picking up from the terrifying cliffhanger of A Map of Days, Riggs brings us back into the peculiar world in fine, fine form as always - a much shorter book than its predecessor, but no less powerful or high-stakes for it.

Though Riggs takes the title of this book from a Persian poem (a nice
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
So nice to be back in this world, even for a little while.
Ashley
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing as always!! I knew some of the things that were going to happen but it was still full of twists and excitement! I love these characters and the writing! Can't wait for next to come!!
Emma
I can't really tell if I have liked it or not. I find it the least appealing, but it has nice touches... BUT...the forced romance, the lack of blood, the short length...
Eva
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

• Nightbooks
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Black Spire (Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, #2)
  • Small Teaching Online: Applying Learning Science in Online Classes
  • Watercolor Lettering: A Step-by-Step Workbook for Painting Embellished Scripts and Beautiful Art
  • Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations
  • Cari Mora
  • Elric: The Stealer of Souls (Chronicles of the Last Emperor of Melniboné, #1)
  • The Beast of Beswick (Everleigh Sisters, #1)
  • Ali Cross
  • Die, Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker
  • Return (The Guardian #4)
  • Ruined (Seraphim #1)
  • Die, Vol. 2: Split the Party
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Villains
  • Star Wars: Age of Republic - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Age of Resistance - Heroes
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Heroes
Hi, I'm Ransom, and I like to tell stories. Sometimes I tell them with words, sometimes with pictures, often with both. I grew up on a farm on the Eastern shore of Maryland and also in a little house by the beach in Englewood, Florida where I got very tan and swam every day until I became half fish. I started writing stories when I was young, on an old typewriter that jammed and longhand on legal ...more

Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children (6 books)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
  • Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #2)
  • Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3)
  • A Map of Days (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #4)
  • Unknown (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #6)